[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/x/ Podcast discussion Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 11

File: image.jpg (61KB, 498x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 498x750px
ITT: we discuss the possibility of creating a podcast/radio show by /x/, for /x/
>>
Im down like a clown charlie brown. Got oodles of first hand experiences and stories that were related from first hand experiences. I also know a small number of people that might concider coming on to tell their tales.

Are you thinking of hosting? Are you thinking multiple hosts, with back and forth? Weekly? Bi-weekly? Monthly?
>>
>>17080551
There was talk about this in the DMR thread, I'm just trying to consolidate us hopefuls all into this thread
>>
>>17080537
I'd be down for some form of involvement
>>
>>17080551
I wanna see if we can get a bunch of /x/philes together and do a podcast in the tradition of C2C.
In the other thread there was an audio tech, and a bunch of others willing to host. I'm in college studying journalism, and I have some basic experience with radio engineering myself.
>>
I think we should have multiple hosts, each with their own segment, then we can stitch it all together into a cohesive show and post it here on /x/.
Maybe do it monthly, that way everyone involved has the time to get their parts recorded and done.
>>
What we need is for someone to take charge, take down emails and start a mailing group/discussion group.
>>
What do you all think?
>>
>>17080617
You volunteering? :P
>>
I'm an actual newsroom shift editor with 5 years experience and another year being an associate producer on tv.
>>
>>17080626
Im not leader, but if it helps and someone knows a good way for a group of people to communicate long term via text or whatevs, Ill set it up.
>>
>>17080631
K, sounds good. I have to get up tmw early, but I'll make another thread when I can
>>
Isn't The Last Podcast on the Left already the /x/ podcast? Henry Zebrowski is on that podcast and he talks about browsing /x/ all the time.

Heck he might even be reading this thread right now.
>>
>>17080770
They don't reflect the post-cancellation of Art Bell/Richard Hoagland atmosphere that recently happened.
>>
>>17080770
They also have Ben Kissel who is a gigantic buzzkill
>>
What about MothDan's podcast? He uploads maybe once every two weeks, but it's pretty good.
>>
if it's not a podcast and more of a live show like Arts you don't have any sort of listener base, other than these threads so it's just gonna be that guitar fag calling.
>>
>>17080803
Henry plz.
>>
>>17081318
megustalations!
HAIL ME!
>>
>>17081362
made me smirk
>>
I'm definitely game for this. At work at the moment so will check back on the thread later.
>>
I'm definitely in.
>>
How do we sign up to help.
>>
>>17082140

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gC8vqKJX18isuoWRLJLY8cfgeTU0-KkYQVUrmL49bVI/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>17082140
>>17082760

Also can you tell me if you can edit please. You should be able to.
>>
I'm up for being part of the audience
>>
>>17082806

That's quite a commitment. Are you sure you can manage it?
>>
>>17082776

jesus christ i can't even think of a fake name. god help you if i get involved in anything creative
>>
>>17083179

Do you have a beard? You can be Number 1.

If you're feeling less egotistical, go for uncreativeguy.

We don't necessarily need creativity, we need bodies. We need people to plan, schedule and research topics. We need voices on air for jingles and narrations. We need people to vet guests and contact people. We also need people who can jump in at a moments notice to cover people who drop out, illnesses or whatever else in all departments. There are tech roles and even just general internet savvy roles, googling web hosts for the cheapest and best alternative and so on.

You'll have a role, however large or small you want for as long as you want. It will be a large operation.

If nothing else can you check if you can edit please? I've protected the title boxes but you should be able to change anything else. I can if I sign out but I'm not sure if it's tied to my IP or whatever.
>>
Someone write a small script and i'll read it, i'll be willing to join the podcast, will post via vocaroo
>>
>>17083236

This should be the test script for all applicants, it's short enough to be done quickly but has enough tonations to let people decide whether you're a decent speaker.

I know it's silly but as nobody else has signed up yet I have absolute executive control over all /x/ radio decisions. Yay!

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>17083236
>>17083247

Also feel free to change some of the linking words or punctuation to suit your speaking style. Don't feel the need to hit every tonation, it's more important that you can adapt than just read a script, as some scripts will inevitably be poorly written.
>>
well if you make this podcast, the most important part is somehow tricking other crazy people to come on it and talk about /x/ stuff, or somehow have a call in thing where idiots can talk about spooky skeletons
>>
>>17083247
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0N8faYYaZCL Here you go anon, i had a horrible cold, so i don't know if my voice is good enough, also! sorry for the giggling
>>
>>17081309
also this guy is right, you wont have the large listener base/ access to people art did.

so you would have to work the viral marketing and meme's to spread the podcast around the net

It also needs a cool name.
>>
>>17083260

We'll work this out as more technically minded anons jump aboard. The bog standard quick and dirty method will be skype, but I'm sure tech people can suggest better ideas.

The structure of the show is yet to be proposed, discussed or worked out. If we end up doing podcasts, which I think would be best to start until we have a following, we would have to decide how long it will be, whether to have a dedicated section per podcast for phone ins, make a dedicated podcast for phone ins or something else.

As for viewers, I guaranfuckingtee you that the /x/ podcast/radio will shit all over the competition in quality.
>>
Also i think one of the goals should be to get famous /x/ people on the show like david icke, or alex jones, or maybe even art so we could have their audience tune in
>>
>>17083262

You have a nice voice and a decent rhythm. You would have to learn the script before the show though as you stumbled over some words.

I'd say there's definitely a place for you on air, but obviously it will be up to the rest of the members when we eventually get some.

Please sign up! I still don't know if anyone can edit the doc or what.
>>
>>17083280

Definitely. We need to work out the technical side of it first, work out who our best people are and such. The first few shows will be average at best while we all learn the ropes, but as we grow we'll definitely reach out to "famous" people in the paranormal.
>>
>>17083272
a podcast should be no longer than an hour, hour thirty long unless its a very special guest.
Most people listen to podcasts in the car or while exercising and dont have attention spans to listen to a 6 hour podcast about reptilian.
people.

Also i suggest that like coast to coast, each show have a theme, like one show is about lizard people, one show is about false flags, one show is about ghosts, ect

Also the person or people who host the podcast have to be dedicated and know if this crazy thing somehow gets success they will get famous

another thing is you have to come up with a name and logo, and we have to ask all the people on /x/ to make cool art and pics with this logo so we can spread it around to different online communities that would like this stuff.
>>
>>17083297

>a podcast should be no longer than an hour, hour thirty long unless its a very special guest.

Agree, but how do you feel about serialised podcasts on the same issue?

You're right about the fame thing, but we need to make sure that people don't discuss things they're uncomfortable with. I wouldn't want to entertain conspiracy theories involving race and such, so I wouldn't go on air and say it. We should make it clear that this isn't a job, you can do as much or as little as you like, if something makes you uncomfortable you have no obligation to do it, and nobody will ever stop you from participating if you refuse to contribute on another topic.

As for the logo, yes, we need it to be absolutely perfect. There are some amazing artists on /x/ and I hope some of them sign up. If not, we'll work something out.
>>
3 contributors so far and one of them has a big ass mic! Roll over Juice FM.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1jLfPUg5L82 I'm enjoying making fake scripts
>>
>>17083247
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1wNxN56XsgP
>>
>>17083351

lmao

/x/ in a 1 min vocaroo, succubi and spells

Also "knight" isn't the first word that came to mind when I saw "knt."
>>
>>17083360

I'M ONLY SIX SECONDS IN AND YOUR VOICE IS LITERALLY SEX PLEASE DO THIS.
>>
>>17083405
It's from shining force, there was a character that is a knight and ingame it's written KNT
>>
>>17083418

Alright "knt" I believe you. I can never unsee my first impression though.
>>
>>17083360

Have you signed up? List sex voice as your skill pls.
>>
>>17083440
Acknowledged
>>
>>17083440
Received
>>
>>17083437
>>17083411
Glad you liked it ;) Signed up as "Mully", I hope we can get this off the ground.
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1wWbDGsQEGy I got no idea why im still doing these
>>
>>17083456

>implying DearLeader is going to host

My voice is probably the most paranormal thing on this board.

You're a great speaker and very creative. Night lad, keep an eye on the doc over the week, I'll try to work in a cell to post the current thread. It might be to the right after the quick vote so you may need to scroll, or we could do another sheet to list archives and discuss ideas.
>>
>>17083463
Ahhhhh so many things to check, i got a 8 hour shift in like 5 hours, but i will try and keep up, send me a email if anything new appears
>>
Here is a disposable chat room so we can discuss this in a CONVENIENT MANNER
http://www.disposablechat.com/chat/x+podcast+discussion?
password=spooks
>>
Rusty Shackleford here. I guess I should note a couple things. One is I'm out of town until a little before the new year so I won't be able to do much until then. And while I noted that I do have a Yeti microphone and an Adobe CC subscription (it's for work), I don't have any real experience in this stuff. The mic was a gift a couple years back. Also, I'm pretty much a noob with a lot of paranormal stuff, but I do enjoy it. Willing to help however I can though. Been interested in doing some sort of radio/podcast thing for awhile, but never had any solid ideas. This seems like a good opportunity to do that.
>>
>>17083479

It's a good idea, we should schedule chatroom meetings though so we get everyone's opinions. We also need somewhere to document decisions for long term reference. The spreadsheet is just to register interest for now.

Once we have everyone who's probably going to be interested, maybe the weekend we can get together in the chat. We can make another google doc to document the chat in the word equivalent for people in other timezones or who can't make the chat.

>>17083485

Glad to have you aboard Admiral. Don't worry about being new to the paranormal, you'll learn about it through necessity and listening to the podcasts.

Experience is gained through doing stuff, so you'll be competent in CC by the time you've gone through a thousand logo designs. For free. Do you want to host? If so upload a vocaroo please and add it to your row on the doc so people can review it later.

Ideas are great! Protip: start carrying a pen and small pad to jot things down. You'll have a great idea between now and the weekend when we sit down to discuss things and you'll forget it.
>>
>>17083514
We could possibly make a skype group as well, if you guys would want to
>>
>>17083514
I do it for free.

Looking forward to it. I can't really do any vocaroos since I'm out of town without my good mic and the internet where I'm at right now is garbage. Not to mention I definitely don't want to be a main host. Maybe do a short segment or something. Regardless, it's not my top priority.
>>
>>17083529

https://join.skype.com/ksszKTAjBld8

Don't worry about joing right now, we're mostly chilling in the disposable chat room.
>>
Disposable chat is freaking out at the minute. There's a chat box on the google doc for anyone signed in. Top right next to comments.
>>
File: rockhard.jpg (75KB, 400x718px)
rockhard.jpg
75KB, 400x718px
Midnightlight here. Will be doing a voice sample and such when I get home.

This is a great idea, guys. Let's do something great with it.
>>
Disposable chat is fucked for me and others from what I'm seeing. Once Skype downloads for me, I'll regroup at the group.
>>
>>17083628

Mate, we're gonna rock all 6 of the users on /x/ to their very socks.
>>
>>17083636
You know it, dude.
>>
>>17083559

STOP SIGNING IN TO THE SKYPE THING WITH YOUR REAL NAMES, MAKE A NEW ACCOUNT.
>>
Welcome Reaper Man and midnightlight.

Come join us in the skype. The disposable chat screwed up just as you joined midnightlight, sorry about that!
>>
>>17082776
>https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gC8vqKJX18isuoWRLJLY8cfgeTU0-KkYQVUrmL49bVI/edit?usp=sharing

i bookmarked this and will add myself in a day or two, keep these threads going though
>>
>>17084071

We're going to do something with the doc to archive threads and link to new ones. It will probably be a new sheet so keep an eye on the tabs at the bottom.

We're currently chatting in a skype group, the link is above, feel free to join. Chat has died recently though, I think it's bed time for all the Americans.
>>
>>17084089
i'm traveling right now and i've only got my tablet on me
but i'd like to help with the effort or at least support by being an audience member

i'm a lawfag who has been a secret xfag forever
>>
>>17084195

Objection.
>>
File: ito maniac.png (230KB, 500x400px)
ito maniac.png
230KB, 500x400px
Do you need a guy who just calls everyone an idiot?
>>
>>17084942

So much. Sign up.
>>
File: x-radio-5-h-0p.png (73KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
x-radio-5-h-0p.png
73KB, 500x390px
obviously the name will change
>>
>>17085317
Fucking love it! Very comfy.
>>
>>17085338
Cheers! I was going for comfy so that's great news.
>>
>>17085317

You're superb.
>>
>>17083262
you sound like you are whispering, anon, perhaps beef it up a bit
>>
File: skeleton-30160_1280.png (747KB, 1100x1280px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton-30160_1280.png
747KB, 1100x1280px
>>17085362
thank you, friend
>>
I signed up
>>
>>17085531

Awesome. We appreciate the input. Don't forget to check the contact tab and update it if necessary.

You don't have to join the skype but we're getting to know each other, shooting the shit and bouncing some ideas around about the direction of the radio if you're interested.

The first solid discussion will probably be some time around the weekend, all ideas welcome and you can presubmit if you're only free thursdays.

It's all to be decided though so check the doc for information as we go.
>>
>>17083360
do you play rift

you sound eerily like a guy from there
>>
for the name,
could do a pun with one of these words
http://www.wordfind.com/contains/x/

sa/x/ophone
>>
>>17085820
or just outright call it 'the /x/ files'
>>
>>17085820

Friendly reminder to everyone ITT to carry a notebook and pen with them from now on. Invariably when you're planning a project you have a brilliant idea and forget about it by the time you get home.

Also please maintain/add stuff to the google doc as you see fit, don't forget you can add new sheets at the tabs on the bottom.

If the thread dies make a new one and archive this one!

Thanks for everyone's input so far, you've all been wonderful, especially this guy >>17085317
>>17085317
>>17085317
>>
>>17085831

Probably illegal.
>>
File: 1444810536327.jpg (463KB, 2988x2538px)
1444810536327.jpg
463KB, 2988x2538px
If this happens and is done right
(actually talking about interesting topics, no fucking tulpas or tin hat bullshit) plays good /x/ related music and has >>17083360 as the guy talking, this could actually be amazing
>>
>>17083360
KingSpook?
>>
>>17085831
>or just outright call it 'the /x/ files'
just call it "The /x/philes" so we don't get copyright infringement.
>>
>>17085969
the e/x/perience
>>
>>17085969
fox wont give a fuck about a small podcast
>>
>>17085943

Make sure you sign up to be involved in the vote(s) on who is the primary host and whatnot then!

Also check out the vocaroos on the spreadsheet, there's one on there not posted that rivals sex voice guy.
>>
>>17085990
Primary host is function based. The host should be appointed by most likely to do all the work required, and not who sounds like the most fun. Fun is awesome but if they flake you are up shit creek.
>>
The Midnight /x/perience
>>
>>17086004

I wouldn't say so, you do the background research, the work on the script and collecting any other parts together and then set a deadline for the host to put in a submission. If the host can't do it for whatever reason, illness, general flake, you left yourself enough time for another host to do it by the actual deadline.

We could also have hosts working in parallel from the same material and put the resulting podcasts to vote on which one gets aired, if one doesn't submit it's not big deal.

I don't think we should sacrifice quality for a rigid structure. We're a community based podcast, nobody will be paying for it, no subscriber fees, no adverts, if we're late for some reason I'm sure the community will understand. If you're still concerned there are ways to account for flake, I mentioned a couple, you can come up with some for the initial meeting some time this weekend if you want.

Lots of ideas are being kicked around and nothing is solid so everything I've said is pure speculation, but remember that we have no way to gauge reliability before we start work.
>>
File: dr j.jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
dr j.jpg
33KB, 300x300px
the last thing i want to hear is a bunch of /x/fags talking about the haunted shadow nigger they saw at walmart last night.

this is gonna turn into another Dr. J Radio LIVE isn't it?
>>
yo ill start a group chat on kik if anyone still uses that ill post the group name here in a second
>>
>>17086039
We're on Skype.
>>
alright it made me do a hashtag so i could start a kik group so if yall want in just search #Xboyz
>>
/x/ static
>>
File: large.png (213KB, 500x482px) Image search: [Google]
large.png
213KB, 500x482px
I am writing a bible and would like to get my word out there. Even if you don't believe in it at least I might be an entertaining guest.
>>
im only on my
phone till i get another PC :(
>>
>>17086051

We'd love to talk to you, subject to committee approval of course. Do you have some sort of contact email or skype or anything we could note down?
>>
>>17086030

It won't be anything ridiculous. We're going to vote on pretty much everything and we're hoping that user moderation will reign in some of the more eccentric contributors.

So far though everyone seems pretty normal and a lot of us want to go in the /x/ creepy direction rather than the crazy conspiracy direction. We want to talk about things like horror films, do OC creepypasta readings, talk about creepy "unsolved" mysteries, discuss some of the more popular /x/ threads and such. We might run a guest speaker section but we will be doing pre-interviews to make sure that the interviewee isn't batshit.

If you're worried about how it's gonna go feel free to sign up, you'll have a vote on any and all issues.
>>
Hey guys, I've had a thought on how to structure the initial discussion, basically the first thing we need to decide is direction, from there we can work out how to run things quite easily and we don't really need to decide on subjects, people can run their own teams or work under someone for a pod for a turn at running a pod later on or whatever, the main thing is how do we want to play this.

I'd suggest starting discussions on Friday some time and leaving them up for a full 48 hours on the board in a megathread.

Everyone can present their opinions on what the radio should be, and other people can agree, critique or question that vision.

The poster can then defend their position or change it as things are explained to them.

At the end of the 48 hour period, with a window for timezones, everyone can submit an email, I'll say to me but if someone else wants to organise it that's fine, with their considered and revised viewpoint.

I'll do my best (or whoever will) to collate the views in to a working policy document on what the radio is or isn't and we can work from there with further more specific discussions.

If it's not obvious what the community wants the radio to be, we can get another google doc going with the emails posted and people can vote on aspects of them, we'll essentially strip the points down to their barest elements and vote.

If you don't know what I mean by direction or vision, I'll post my own example in the OP of the thread.

For now if you want to start working on ideas that you want to see in the radio, feel free.

And please critique this idea too! I don't want to charge ahead without everyone being on board.

I'll also note that the suggestion of waiting until friday is to allow new people to sign up and get to know the rest of us before the discussion. I wouldn't like to walk in to a group that formed its opinions yesterday and have no hope of changing them, so I'd appreciate it if we kept setting up policies to a minimum before friday.
>>
>>17086557

In addition to this, signups are still open!

Just fill in the spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gC8vqKJX18isuoWRLJLY8cfgeTU0-KkYQVUrmL49bVI/edit?usp=sharing in the empty rows. The filled rows are protected so don't worry if you can't edit them.

If you have any questions or just want to meet the (potential) team you can join our skype group chat with the link https://join.skype.com/ksszKTAjBld8 or if you don't feel comfortable just joining in straight away, you can email me at [email protected] for more information.

This is your radio station, and it's gonna be the shit. Get involved!
>>
>>17086610

How long are you planning to keep them open?
>>
>>17086631

Indefinitely really, but I think friday is a fair time to start discussing ideas for the radio. Once we make major policy decisions it will be hard to change them, if you want to have a chance of being a major formative influence on the radio you need to sign up before friday.

As much as I like the anonymous concept, it's an unfortunate reality that people will form voting blocs and cliques on the skype, nothing can really be done to avoid it. If you want to sway people or just see the lay of the land you should get in to the skype ASAP.

Also I've updated the splash page of the google doc to land on a rules page that basically says (for now) your beliefs stay at the door, you can't just come in to the chat or the thread and start having an argument about your religion vs their religion, you should use email or PM instead. I mean, there's a place for healthy debate, but probably not at this stage.

Also it explains how to use tabs to get to the sign ups page.
>>
>>17086657

Forgot to add, are people happy with the splash page? Is it clear how to get to the sign ups page from there?

Revert? Change? A++++ would allow executive decision again?
>>
>>17086657

I'm thinking of signing up I just want to be sure I'll be reliable first is all. I'd hate to get involved in planning then suddenly drop out
>>
>>17086680

Don't worry about it, attrition rates are always high on projects like this, it's better to have a body who wants to commit but can't than no body at all. If you do get involved you'll have a grounding in the culture we're going for and the people behind it when you eventually come back.

If it's a personal issue that means you can't meet deadlines or have trouble working in groups we can accommodate that, and deadlines will always be very generous to account for flakes as brought up by someone earlier.

If it's christmas you're worried about, we probably won't even start work proper until after the new year, between planning, setting up groups, producing test podcasts andgetting the technical side all set up we have a good few weeks of grunt work ahead of us. I expect that to weed out some of the more gung-ho members.

Whatever happens, it's better to have tried and temporarily stumbled than never to have tried at all.

If you're still not convinced, jump on the skype group and meet the team.
>>
another GMT fag here. Happy to get in touch with spoopy OP to discuss shit.
>>
>>17086854

Email me [email protected] or join the skype https://join.skype.com/ksszKTAjBld8

Currently we're sharing images of stock disco dancing emoticons.
>>
I'm actually in the process of making my own. Dunno if that helps. It probably won't be a live show, that way it's easier to get guests on.
>>
>>17086864

Ours will be more of a community led thing. We'd love it if you'd join us, if not we'd be happy to cooperate in some way.
>>
>>17086864
>>17086872

Obviously if you were to join us it would be more of an anonymous thing, we're big on the separation of board and radio.
>>
>>17086872
Well. I'm doing mine, as myself. I'd love to maybe collaborate. My show is going to be dedicated to a very wide range of topics, not just the regular ol' spooky things.

>>17086878
Well, i'd like to keep my show and maybe just have double the content created for /x/, and hopefully (if you guys are cool with it) a larger audience.
>>
>>17086885
It would be better if we all help make one podcast and make it good, rather than have five or six. I think you might be able to help out, but the trip thing is going to be an issue. Drop it for threads unless you have a good reason to. I sometimes trip too, but I try to make my posts as Anonymous. Weird thing is, you probably wouldn't know who I am if I just had no name at all.
>>
>>17086885

We'd love to have you as a guest some time. We're still in the conceptualisation phase of the planning and there's still a lot of very broad policy to be discussed and reviewed on what we want our radio to be. It's probably either going to be some type of by /x/ for /x/ community focusing on general /x/ culture or a type of MITD but not shit. There are arguments on both sides but we'll see how it goes over the weekend.

Thanks for letting us know about your show! Have you got a title yet?
>>
>>17086895
Well the issue is everyone is going to know who I am regardless.

And I only trip on /x/, and only on threads I plan to stick around in.
>>
>>17086899
No, I'm titling it last. Once I figure out exactly what I want to do. I'm probably going to record a "pilot" episode for fun sometime this week. Then I'll let a few people listen, if they like it'll show everyone who cares to hear it.

Whatever my feedback is from that, I'll tweak things accordingly.
>>
>>17086916

Awesome, I'm sure a few of our people would love to give you feedback. We also have several audio tech people who can give you some advice on sound quality if it's an issue, they all seem to think most podcasts, even professional ones suffer from sound quality issues.
>>
>>17086927
Mine is going to be pretty crude to begin with. But I think, in a way, some people will appreciate that. Especially /x/. In terms of not having the glitzy sugar coating. I'll have to build a fan base on how well I present my information.

Don't get me wrong, if my recording sounds like i'm recording from the front seat of a world war one era propeller plane, I'll fix that. But as long as it's presentable I'm going to feel just fine about it.

But if your tech guys don't mind, I would still love feedback. I'll just have to let them know the same thing I guess.
>>
>>17086949

Well it's up to them, but if you head in to the skype or whatever chat we're using when you're done and ask for some pointers I can't see anyone holding out on you.

There's no sort of hierarchy so just pop on whenever.
>>
I love how this is finally getting some serious attention. Feeling a bit under the weather right now but ill record a vocaroo and join in tomorrow in I feel up to it.
>>
>>17088488

You can join our skype if you want. We're mostly just shittalking vaporwave or whatever the fuck. It's a chat btw, not a video call or anything.

>>
Dear HatTrick

y u leave brah?

You might not know, it might have been someone trolling, but your entry was deleted from the spreadsheet. I don't want to just revert it if you deleted it yourself so let us know please.
>>
>>17083247

I don't know if my voice is good enough to host anything, but I thought it would be worth trying out, at least. I tried to do this one neutrally and naturally, as opposed to dramatically.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1LByzNVZUc9
>>
>>17091024

Awesome voice. Some issues with the S sounds when I'm listening with headphones, but that easily be sorted out. I'd imagine you were just too close to the mic or it's a poor quality one. Either way we can probably sort it out in post.

I definitely see a place for you, but it will go to a vote.

If you haven't already sign up to the spreadsheet, there's a field for vocaroos. This will make sure we don't over look you when it comes to the vote and give us a way to contact you when we need to. There's also a lot of resources there like our logo which you can critique or just a general thread archive you can use.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gC8vqKJX18isuoWRLJLY8cfgeTU0-KkYQVUrmL49bVI/edit?usp=sharing
>>
Heads up all.

I'm going to be writing out the first official mass email later on today, if you haven't signed up within the next 7-8 hours you might miss it.

The content will be a brief overview of what we're expecting in the weekend argument, general conduct and such.It will also give instructions on how to presubmit a proposal for the thread if you might not be able to make it during the 48 hour submission period.

I'll also be expecting some feedback on how long the thread should last and when it should open, bearing in mind time zones.

Once again if you want to sign up the link is https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gC8vqKJX18isuoWRLJLY8cfgeTU0-KkYQVUrmL49bVI/edit?usp=sharing

We also have a skype chat https://join.skype.com/ksszKTAjBld8

You can email me for more information at [email protected]

Thanks guys! And thanks for making this a reality! We have a great team but we always want more. No skills required, you'll learn as you contribute.
>>
File: 1450077604504.png (6KB, 376x342px) Image search: [Google]
1450077604504.png
6KB, 376x342px
>tfw too lazy to make a skype account
>>
>>17091273

It takes like 30 seconds.
>>
Skype group chats attract a shit ton of drama or die fast.
Better make a web-based chat.
>>
>>17091309

We're migrating when we have a solid idea of what we need. We're still just registering attention, it's very early days.
>>
>>17091314
Well, I warned you all.

I hope this goes well.

Any idea on which site the podcast will be hosted?
Pretty sure there are sites out there that let you host your own "radio show".
>>
>>17091371

Sorry if I seemed dismissive, we're definitely taking your point on board. We're discussing potential alternatives to skype right now actually. We're also figuring out how to balance the younger generation's knowledge against what we might think of as standard internet knowledge. Some of the people on skype have never used (or heard of) IRC before so we're trying to find an alternative that is easy to use and as ubiquitous as skype.

Still no ideas on the technical side. Some of the technical team are having a sit down later tonight to discuss some issues.
>>
>>17091378
Sure sucks that IRC is dead.
Dunno why people would rather use a program, likely with their real name in it...
There currently is an mIRC(?) /x/ chat and it's usually active.

Only chat site that I know of these days is tinychat, but the camwhore faggotry (this being 4chan) would ruin it.
>>
>>17091392
Neither me or anyone I know use our real names with Skype, so this kind of is a moot point. I also use IRC, but there are reasons why Skype is slightly superior. It has a few more functions.

IRC is good for a good many things and has been around for a long time. I'm shocked anyone old enough to use 4chan would not know about it. I think that would be proof that not everyone who posts on this site is old enough to use it.
>>
>>17091395
Joing a web based chat is just more practical imo but oh well.

Most people here are edgy teens or early adults who started posting here while they were edgy teens.
>>
>>17091392
>>17091395
>>17091401

It;s not dead, it's just dead to anyone under 21. It has a lot of advantages, but skype shows you chat history even when you're not logged on. There don't seem to be many moderation tools on skype to stop trolls and such.

I'd like to use IRC really, but I don't want to scare off some of the less technically able members. We're working on alternatives right now and will present a list of decent chat options tonight for people to vote on.
>>
>>17091421
IRC in my experience only works with people in a community who go on and make a "closed" chat.
It's dead in the sense that you can't just find an active chat like you can in other sites.

I like the idea of not having the chat history available to everyone but it's probably for the best here.
>>
>>17091421
Speaking as a person who uses a Mac, I can say that IRC is not technical. It's very easy to use. IRC clients are straightforward as fuck.
>>
We're still looking for webchat suggestions. Feel free to contribute whether you're part of this or not!
>>
>>17091436
Chat history is good.
>>
Mass info email is being formulated now. If you haven't signed up yet I suggest you do so soon!

>>
For everyone who can't read everything, have a listen to this. It's a run down of what we have so far, what we're aiming to do, and what we need.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0isuiWTIkda
>>
Some emails have been sent out containing invitations to vote and information on what's happening now.

If you sign up after this post, email [email protected] for a copy of the missed emails.
>>
A little late to this but just wondering what anyone thinks before I sign up, though I'd be down to help in any way.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s009PJRoGZro
>>
>>17094951
breddy gud definitely sign up
>>
>>17086395
[email protected]
That's my email if you ever want to get in touch.
>>
>>17093045
Bump
>>
>>17094951

Don't forget to join the skype! https://join.skype.com/ksszKTAjBld8
>>
Added time zones for the debate thread on the contact tab of the google doc.
>>
just listen to higherside chat
>>
>>17095754

ooOOOoooOOIojo look another paranormal website with a black background and bright text!

A++++++++++++++ FUCKING + /10 absolutely superb, well done everyone involved. Much effort was put in to the construction of it.

This fucking podcast is going to be the shit m8, it's going to be made by /x/philes who care, not just people who want to slap it together to get paid.
>>
>>17095768
>bunch of faggots talking about their tulpa waifus

Yeah, sure. Can't wait for all the memes this shit is going to spawn.
>>
>>17096112

All I can say is that it won't. Anyone shitting up the board with radio stuff will be swiftly rebuked, and if it continues we'll try to kick them out.

A lot of people have expressed an interest in writing OC creepypastas to do readings, we have a few people from the board who have volunteered to be guests, several members in different countries have put forward the idea of field reports on abandoned or haunted houses and such, one person has a studio set up and will interview locals involved in the paranormal scene.

The contributors are all denizens of /x/ who care about /x/, we won't let /x/ get shat on by this idea.
>>
>>17096112
>>17096162

To add to this, there will never be any drama on the board about personalities involved with the radio. We're all as anonymous as we can be given the nature of what we're doing and any shit that arises will be dealt with in house, not on the board.

Obviously this is just my opinion right now, but I'll discuss it with the people involved and I can't see any reason that anyone would object.
>>
>>17096186
Sounds good to me. I could tripfag on this and link my radio submission ID to the board, but fuck that. Causes too much shit. Much prefer to work on one thing and keep myself separated.

tl;dr no tripfagging from this radio-type guy
>>
>>17082776

I'm happy to host and help out with content and research.
>>
Am I witnessing the birth of something great here?
>>
>>17098629
yes
>>
>>17098661
bitchin'!
>>
>>17098629

>birth

Bitch this thing has functional legs and is staggering its way around the living room while clutching the furniture.
>>
>>17098688

Oh also, let this thread die please guys, all the resources are on the document and that's in the other thread. We don't need 2 /x/ radio threads, but we did need a new one for the 48 hour discussion.

MODS

MODS

MODS
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.