[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep deprivation - insomniac general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: intraspect.jpg (29KB, 768x565px) Image search: [Google]
intraspect.jpg
29KB, 768x565px
coming up on 48 hours

Yesterday night i took benedryl, l-tryptophan, l-theanine, melatonin, and some other herbal sleep aids, and i stayed awake all night simply because i couldnt sleep. today i took a bunch of caffeine to keep me awake so i could sleep at a regular time tonight.

the hallucinations are starting, but im not quite tired enough to fall asleep.

Ive been having very lucid, very dreadful dreams, and i think part of the reason im not sleeping is because i subconsciously dont want to dream. Im very afraid in my dreams, but sometimes before i become afraid and fearful i experience very pleasant things. The shock from going from one extreme to the other is too much to handle. i am happy in one instance, and in the next i am extremely terrified.

Im going to take some melatonin, and try to sleep tonight. Im sure ill fall right to sleep. Ill post some of my dreams if i have another one tonight.
>>
gonna give some sauce on them hallucinations?
>>
I have had huge problems falling asleep in the past, two things have sort of worked for me.

Meditation. Can almost always get my mind to stop running long enough to sleep. I often wake up again soon after but it's worth trying.

And melatonin in liquid form. A lot of gas stations sell this stuff called Nerosleep. It's in an orange bottle.

I always start to hear stuff starting on day 3. Hope you get some sleep.
>>
>>17079819
didnt sleep yet, but dude, i know its no placebo for a fact now. I drink those neuro-sleep like medicine. For some reason in that concoction in liquid form just goes into the body better. They legit work. I dont have any with me right now, but im about to order them in bulk, even if they are overpriced. Its almost novelty, but they work if you dont have a whole assortment of sleep aids at any given time.
I actually drank a whole Sleep, and half a Bliss before laying down last night. I was tired, but my brain didnt let me sleep.
>>
>>17079762
Just throwing this out there but...have you tried smoking weed? I heard smoking it before bed makes you sleepy and can cause you to forget your dreams.
>>
>>17079894
marijuana does help, but i cant smoke right now for various reasons. in my case, it does make me sleepy, but it also makes me have weird dreams. i strongly advocate the use of cannabis for all anons. im just gonna have to stick with my benedryl and melatonin tonight though.
>>
I often have sleeping problems and sometimes stay up for 4-5 days straight.
The hallucinations are really strange but after 4 days of no sleep, I am already in a state where I can't really register anything anymore and everything is completely surreal.
If I think about what i saw/heard afterwards, if I can remember it, it's actually pretty freaky.
Just yesterday I was just sitting in my kitchen, drinking some tea and I saw my cat. Suddenly her legs grow really long and so it is kind of like an at-at from star wars. I didn't really think about it because I didn't give a single fuck anymore.

A few hours afterwards, I wanted to go to a nearby store to get some milk and bread. On the way, there are some dogs that always bark at me when I walk by. I'm used to it so I don't care about it. Suddenly this dog starts barking like he normally would but everytime he breathed in it sounded like a human scream. Like that kind of scream when someone is in a lot of pain.

Then when I'm on the bus for example, all the voices merge together into one big mess. Normally I could distinguish who is saying what and hear some conversations. But when I'm sleep deprived, it all just becomes an incomprehensible mess. It sounds like everyone is talking in all kinds of different languages and it feels like I understand everything but I kind of don't, if you catch my drift.
>>
What really helped me to sleep is, funny enough, alcohol. Beer to be exact. Drink 4-5 beers, or just enough to get you pretty drunk. I'm just talking about personal experience here though. I've dealt with insomnia before and beer didn't only help me fall asleep, but it also got rid of the insomnia afterwards for some reason. Might have something to do with toxic sleep etc I don't know.
>>
>>17081712
Beers has them hops in them as well as alcohol.

One of the effects of hops is sedation.
>>
In other words, SIR, you're fapping at night.
>>
>>17079762
Fuck OP, what a cocktail. I've been a nocturnal person since I was a kid, and I've never made it past 55 hours or so. Feels like a small dose of NBOME. Not pleasant.

Anyway, I had a traumatic childhood so I don't particularly like dreaming either. Marijuana, opioids, benzos and alcohol all help. (Not all at once you nutter!)
Or you can just smoke so much weed and take so many RCs that you lose your regular ability to dream again, like I did. I've probably had three dreams in the last three years. Last one was I got busted by the cops for whatever reason, and murdered them all, put them in a dumpster, and then hunted frantically for a way to dissolve the bodies quicker. I'll never forget the look on that police woman's face, even though it wasn't real.
Yep. I fucking hate violence, I'm a pretty shy and reserved person, yet in my infrequent dreams, I'm the bad guy. Gives me chills just thinking about it.

Anyway OP enough about me. Keep us posted. Godspeed.
>>
Last time I made it to about 48 hours, I had Shaye Saint John-esque creatures periodically eek open the door to my room and peer in at me.
Broad daylight at that point, too.

I have sleep issues but I wouldn't call it insomnia.
>>
>>17082066
lol yes.

OP here, i managed to sleep last night, and i had a dream i was skating on wads of dirt under my feet and i was talking to my ex-coworkers, asking if they needed me to come back to work for them delivering pizzas. It was pretty fun. Nothing entirely terrifying about it at all..except i was in my underwear. ..
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.