[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to meditate into a 100-year dream? The dream's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 3d_clockwork_by_cyberxaos.jpg (134KB, 999x799px) Image search: [Google]
3d_clockwork_by_cyberxaos.jpg
134KB, 999x799px
Is it possible to meditate into a 100-year dream? The dream's temporal field would be manipulated so that each hour in real life is years in the dream.
>>
>>17077196
The best I have done is 12 hours in a dream within 6 hours of actual sleep....highly doubt anyone could do 100 years without some time skipping occurring in their dream. Hell, my 12 hours could have easily been time skipped without me catching it...
>>
>>17077196
Yes it is possible. Ive experienced an entire life in one dream. Waking up from it was extremely confusing as it made me wonder which was the real thing, this life or the other (the thought still freaks me out sometimes). As to how to experience this? I honestly do not know, and keep in mind that im an avid lucid dreamer. Perhaps this might play some part into achieving it. My experience did not occur willingly or as a lucid dream however. Just my tiny contribution guys, cheers.
>>
>>17077196
I liked Inception too, OP, but it was just a movie.
>>
>>17077233
>Waking up from it was extremely confusing as it made me wonder which was the real thing, this life or the other (the thought still freaks me out sometimes).
could you tell a little bit about what the life you dreamed was like? was it contemporary? was it in the same country you live in now?
>>
>>17077198
I also need a dream watch
>>
>>17077196
Ask yu yevon
>>
File: dxm_3d_mid.jpg (12KB, 350x282px) Image search: [Google]
dxm_3d_mid.jpg
12KB, 350x282px
take 500 grams of this meme molecule and you will dream eternally
>>
>>17077328
Hyuu hyerr fwaaah so clebur XD
>>
I had a friend who once told me he had a dmt trip where he lived two years in a lucid dream. Mind you this was just his word but, he described in great detail. It was like a fantasy midevil dream, and he woke up screaming after an ogre bashed his chest in with a tree, he said it was the worst pain in his life. Not sure if this os what youre looking for but it definitely made me interested af in wanting to smoke dmt.
>>
>>17077196
I wouldn't say you can meditate into it, but it's possible to live all different lengths of time in dreams. I haven't experienced a lifetime, but definitely several months in one dream. I've heard several stories about people on dmt experiencing really long dreams. There's a theory that when you die your brain releases a chemical that will make you experience whatever you think you'll experience all in your final moments. So if you believe in reincarnation you will dream an entire life as whatever you subconsciously felt like you should be reincarnated as. And then maybe another life after that, and so on for what feels like eternity but is actually less than a second. People who go into comas can experience extended periods of time in a dream. Its possible to dream like that, but I don't think it's that easy to purposefully induce.
>>
>>17077196
yea you need some candles and a large taxidermied animal
>>
>>17077376
It was a "complete" life, with childhood, adolescence and adulthood. I experienced a different psychodynamism than my own, meaning that as i "grew up" i had different experiences and thus developed a different character than my own. I went on to have a family and kids. Had friends. Grew old. It was a different country and it was somewhat in the past (more or less 20-30 years ago). I know it sounds strange but when i woke up it took me a couple of hours to "remember" the real me. One of the strongest feelings i had, was about my children and wife, how i would never see them again and how i wanted to tell them that i was okay. I dont know what else to tell you, you may ask me something you want me to clarify.
>>
File: InceptionOldSaito.jpg (135KB, 846x668px)
InceptionOldSaito.jpg
135KB, 846x668px
>>17077196
Well, theoretically...
Neurochemical time dilation is real.
Personal experience: if I have a certain kind of feeling (that probably signals dmt to release or something), and not become too lucid, my experienced time grows noticably longer. It can become even longer than the time I was asleep, although this is pretty rare for me.

Science: experienced time relative to real time is usually much less than in physical life, especially in non-REM, due to both time dilation effects and 'blacking out' parts where you're just not conscious enough to register any thoughts for a while, which you don't notice since you skip over them, but they're large chunks
Also, i'm pretty sure time in a dream ages the mind. After all, simulated feeling can be just as detailed, and experiencing stuff is experiencing stuff, even if you forget, it's changed you...

Ahem
Uh
Basically, yes. Yes, you can.
Hey, maybe that even happens when we die, some people think so anyway

II like my dreams not to feel short, but I really am not interested in this amount of time.. Ask tomoko about this shit, that's totally her thing
Not mine

Like, a few days, a week or two maybe at most for the coolest ones, but years? Geez
>>
>>17077196
>>17077198
>>17077233
>>17077328
>>17077376
>>17077379
>>17077383
>>17077387
>>17077473
>>17077490
>>17077584
>>17077591
>>17078325

You niggers are fucking retarded. Fucking cut this RP bullshit out. Get a life you sad fucks.
>>
>>17077196
OP to help you find the answer to your question.
The phenomena might be possible.
Few years ago during high school time, I woke up really late like 7:30 and I've pressed the snooze button for 5 more minutes.
Well in those 5 minutes I dreamed for 3 hours, the experience was vivid and the memories were coplex. It had no meaning - it was the product of my brain, somewhere in the future me and some friends escaped a nuclear bast xD ordinary dream.

But what intrigued me was that the phenomena was possible.
>>
>>17078336
Sorry to burst your self righteous bubble, but i do have a life and a very good one at that. Im also in my mid 30s. I just decided to share that experience i had, to show the OP, that the human mind contains labyrinthian paths and not the only ones you use daily to take a piss, eat your burger, and hang out like a cool dude all day long. Not everything you dont understand is roleplay, fella.
>>
Ayy lmao
>>
>>17077620
You're spookin me m8. Kind makes me wonder if my life is just a dream and I'm just asleep. That actually sounds like something I would want to do but it sounds like it would be scary as shit. Also is this thread an rp type one or real shit?
>>
>>17077233
I saw inception too. Did you lay down on the railroad tracks and let your head get run over in order to escape? Was Tom Hardy there? He's so hot.
>>
>>17079869
What i described was a real experience, but i didnt share it for spooks..rather to point out that it can happen. As i noted also, im deep into lucid dreaming, as ive used it extensively for many personal reasons, so *maybe* this has something to do with triggering that experience. Although it didnt happen on purpose. But hey why should you be spooked by it? Unless youre stuck in a living nightmare, it's more or less like getting to live through a different life. Personally, i learned from it, and since then ive diminished many negative aspects of my life. Learned to enjoy the things that matter.
>>
>>17079873
No not really mate. In fact i wasnt aware i was dreaming. I grew old and died. And then i woke up. Nothing extraordinary. Not aliens. No repressed thoughts. Just an entire life with all the details, in normal time, but all a dream. I woke up feeling like another person. Took me couple of hours to *return*.
>>
>>17079956
Ever think it could've been your past life?
>>
>>17077233
this happened to me too, about 10 years ago
>>
Maybe, but I imagine it would take a lot more discipline than I possess. My dreams seem to last only moments and are very foggy and unreal.
>>
>>17080117
Yeah the thought has crossed my mind..but i have no way to confirm anything, nor have i been able to recreate anything i saw (a common technique i use to retrieve information or analyze situations via lucid dreaming)...so it remains a strange psychological and spiritual journey.
>>
Can anyone tell me how to have a lucid dream for a very long time, please?
>>
>>17082376
You should use WILD
Wake up after 4 hour of sleep
then stay awake for 15 to 30 minutes
and go sleep
>>
And is it true that my body can paralyze when I awake?
>>
>>17077196
my record is 4 Weeks, but not on propose. mostly I'm just 2 days.
>>
>>17082934

Sweet RP bro.
>>
>>17082952
Faggot
>>
>>17077196
Dreams are timeless, once you become lucid enough they feel as though they have gone forever. All the people talking about 6 and 12 hour dreams don't know what the fuck they're on about.

I can sleep for 5 mins and have an experience that seemed to last forever.

>Learn to lucid
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.