[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This thread will probably die but whatever. This is a series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 6

File: potw1108a.jpg (219KB, 1280x607px) Image search: [Google]
potw1108a.jpg
219KB, 1280x607px
This thread will probably die but whatever. This is a series of questions that I deeply wish were answered. If they had any answers at all. It's long, and there is no tldr for something like this. So here it is.

I wonder sometimes... Where did the human race originate from? Where was the origin of all life? Why does life exist in the universe? How did we come to be? What is our history? What is the history of all that is? Are we alone in this quest for answers? Is there a guide, a precursor, to all intelligence and life? Would we ever see a day when all of humanity turns their resources to these mysterious queries? Can we ever hope to find the answers to these burning questions? Is all hope to reclaim our ancient past gone? Will we ever find out our purpose, our role, in this life, this universe? Do we have a role?

I have this idea where all that exists is a piece, a fragment, of a greater oneness, a whole.
What could've been this whole? And why was it divided?
These questions raise an intriguing feeling within me. Like a yearning, or longing for something, mixed with the feeling for discovery. It's a feeling of rediscovery.
I can't accurately capture this feeling into words, but it's old.

Do you guys know that feel? Do any of you have the answers to some of life's greatest mysteries?
Do any of you anons know where to find the answers? Do you think they're out there in the universe, or within our human being?
I figured /x/ was the most appropriate board for this kind of topic.
>>
>>
>>17076201
42? Can you even tell me why you think the answer to all these questions is 42 without using any movie references?
>>
>>17076145
>Where did the human race originate from?
Homo erectus.
>Where was the origin of all life?
In some water.
>Why does life exist in the universe?
Because a chemical decided to replicate itself.
>How did we come to be?
Every chemical that didn't decide to replicate itself isn't here to stand as a model for something that doesn't replicate itself.
>What is our history?
Hitler did nothing wrong.
>What is the history of all that is?
Uh... matter?
>Are we alone in this quest for answers?
Probably not. Chances are, somewhere else the universe, some other chemicals are replicating themselves.
>Is there a guide, a precursor, to all intelligence and life?
My dick.
>Would we ever see a day when all of humanity turns their resources to these mysterious queries?
No, most humans care only about war and sex.
>Can we ever hope to find the answers to these burning questions?
You can hope to take a shit out of a moving airplane, if you want.
>Is all hope to reclaim our ancient past gone?
Yeah, 'cause its the past.
>Will we ever find out our purpose, our role, in this life, this universe? Do we have a role?
Our role is to have sex, because we have an inherent evolutionary impulse to do so, and everything that didn't have that impulse didn't have sex and thus isn't here.
ur gay
>>
Bro, you can "divide" oneness.

It's still all one. You are just too accustomed to living from your human perspective that it's easy to forget.
>>
>>17076210
No, I was bumping your thread. Nothing more.
>>
>>17076210
In this current paradigm it just is. Why is 6 afraid of seven?( hint,add 2+4)
>>
>>17076222
Because 7 is a pretentious cunt.

>look at me Im so lucky

No, you're just a number, faggot.
>>
>>17076213

Jesus fucking christ twiddle your scraggy neck-beard more you retarded fuck
>>
>>17076213
Thanks for your realism, but there are still questions I cannot answer with this conscious model of thought alone. Something is missing.

>>17076217
Speaking from my human perspective; how can I remember something that is forgotten? What's the point of undergoing such a "deterioration"?(for lack of a better term)
>>
>>17076222
Why is six afraid of seven?

All kidding aside, I don't see how the number 42 relates to any paradigm I am aware of. (mind you I don't understand any of them, hence the questions)

Nice trips. Really fitting.

>>17076220
Thanks anon. Take a crack at the questions if you want.
>>
>>17076145
Dude, I think about this all the time.
Mankind has been trying to give its existence a purpose since our ancestors started to become self aware. But the most obvious answer is that there is no truth that we can know in our lifetimes. The only thing that exists is what you believe in.
If you believe you are nothing but a random assortment of atoms, then by all means do it. If you think there is a higher being, believe in him/her/it.
We will only know the real truth when we die anyway.
>>
>>17076231
Satan = 6 letters
Lucifer = 7 letters
Everything and nothing is numbers
>>
>>17076237
ur right brah. there are many "questions" that you cannot answer with this "conscious model of thought" namely, where did this "consciousness" come from?

But dont freak brah. Nothing can explain itself. You cant use data within your conscious mind to "explain" why you should have a conscious mind at all.

Think more on this and you'll realize that there arent questions that cannot be answered. Those questions you're thinking of, they cant even be properly "asked" let alone "answered" What would an answer look like? Its just complete nonsense.

I'm not trying to be profound. I'm serious. There is simply no DATA you could rely on with which to form a theory to explain why you should be having this conscious experience. You just ARE. The more you think about the term "explanation" you realize it's only used for patterns etc. that obtain WITHIN conscious experience. It cannot even be properly used OUTSIDE of it.

Maybe that clears it up.

Life's a mystery brah. No one knows how the fuck this is happening its crazy.

Enjoy!
>>
>>17076256
My thoughts exactly, but I can't help but immerse myself in questions like these. I feel like they're more important than any other questions we could ever purpose.

It's a waiting game if the real answers come after life.
>>
>>17076254
I'll put it another way then, in the third matrix film how many times had the machines tried to enslave the humans?
>>
>>17076265
Fuuuck.
:(

Are we a simple pattern? I don't believe that we can't somehow understand why we are what we are and how we are.
>>
>>17076279
Umm... Can you make an example outside of cinematography?
>>
>>17076145
42 guy here.

OP, I would not insult your intelligence by offering an incomplete answer to your questions.

I'm still trying to figure this shit out myself, and am in no position to educate others.

Good luck.
>>
>>17076286
Not really, the best answers are found in fiction
>>
>>17076280
no youre right, we can explain "what we are" and "how we are".

The misunderstanding is arising from vague uses of words. You use the noun, 'WE". I agree that the noun "we" is an explainable thing, within consciousness, depending on what you mean by "we".

If you mean humanity, life on earth, etc. Yeah sure it's explainable. If you mean cells in a body, yeah thats explainable too. But if you mean conscious minds themselves. Nope. Nothing. It would be meaningless to attempt to "explain" conscious minds. They're unexplainable.

Now do you see what i mean? You can explain things within your experience (all the nouns and shit you've learned about, they're explainable) the one thing you cant explain is experience itself.
>>
>>17076309
Thanks for your honesty anon. :)

>>17076312
I doubt it, but I don't know much about learning from fiction apart from questioning everything.
>>
>>17076318
Call me stubborn, but there must be a way to understand consciousness, and even unconsciousness.
>>
>>17076309
The other 42 guy here op just want to clarify I'm not here to educate either, just want you to understand that our truths are our own and only our own. My answers to these questions you ask are mine and will always be and so will yours.
>>
>>17076332
Not in your current form. Never assume your at your apex. We were created to be imperfect
>>
>>17076351
Profound conclusion, anon.

I can't seem to be satisfied with that kind of an answer, so I'll keep searching.
>>
>>17076332
this is the trouble with discussing the unexplainable, it's very hard to discuss.

When i say consciousness, I dont mean "awake" or "aware of" or "the opposite of unconsciousness"

I'm using a term for Being, in itself. Being was too confusing for people, so philosophers tried calling it "conscious being" and then eventually dropped the Being part and made the adjective a noun, "counsciousness".

Go read a wiki article on phenomenal qualia. Then you'll start to grasp what I'm talking about when i say "consciousness"

It's not really fair honestly. I've chosen to define consciousness as that which is epistemologically inexplicable, so it's kinda a layup, but nonetheless its a useful conversation.
>>
>>17076362
Well that's why I ask these questions. In hopes that something might come from it. That as a human with a limited perceptional frame I could somehow get closer to something like an apex, or a sound end to this search for my personal oneness.
>>
>>17076364
I'm perfectly fine with the term being. I use it in the end of my op.

I'm going to try and find a way to experience consciousness, or being, on itself. Kind of like a microcosminc experience within a microcosm if you will.
It's kind of like turning awareness on itself, except shooting in the dark because we are ultimately unaware of this state of being.
>>
>>17076377
As cliche as it sounds I would say that the journey is more important than the destination. I'm really sorry too anon that I can't give you a more tangible answer but if I could do anything about it you wouldn't have to ask in the first place.
>>
>>17076145
>What could've been this whole? And why was it divided?

Boredom.

Can't be fucked answering any of the rest.
>>
>>17076213
>In some water.

Novel studies in to the hydrothermal vents theory are weakening its position. Current theories point to geothermal caves with meteoric water passing through as steam providing the aquatic origins of the first protocells.

The hydrothermal vent theory has several flaws but some people are trying to account for these with ideas like mineral surfaces acting as a concentrating agent and such, but it's unlikely to hold up against the geothermal theory for much longer.

Solid work on the rest of it though.
>>
>>17076417
Maybe. As cliché as it does sound, that could very well be the best way to enlightenment. But who am I to say when my own journey is even done yet.

>>17076425
Clearly you are bored.

>>17076427
Wicked. I wonder what that'll be like.

>>17076469
Well it doesn't matter if you express yourself or not in your understanding, because by default it is the universe expressing itself through you.
>>
>>17076486
Good to know you give a shit about us, anon. :)
>>
>>17076494
No its op. Not insulting you btw.
>>
File: space-marine-deal-banner.jpg (38KB, 540x207px) Image search: [Google]
space-marine-deal-banner.jpg
38KB, 540x207px
>>17076529
well I like indulging
>>
>>17076593
too
>>
sup babe
>>
>>17076486
Shit you too? Seeds for life ammirite ;) When the dead are raised will they ever remember?
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 1136x640px
Ive thought those thoughts faggot.
Cosmos Carl Sagan's series can answer questions as well as create new ones...but It is something you should explore. It will make you see things you never saw before.
>>
>>17076732
surely all questions will be answered by a higher power
>>
>>17076732
how's the software update wait you don't experience anything
>>
Sometimes the cherry on top is the nail in the coffin. I'm the point of this shit fool, beautiful music to void that's what you want to make
>>
fuck this shit hello you agonizers I don't like you and you've set up a cascade of how do I stop you's and I'm out of drugs
>>
Ingenious kill the highest pain cut the head off the snake and the whole ego will die, it is evil and will only do evil
>>
It's a program to destroy a foreign a virus it can attack the foreign entity and piss it off
>>
File: 0% mad.jpg (54KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
0% mad.jpg
54KB, 400x250px
>>17076145
1. Apply backwards thinking to it friend, we've only been around 1/2 million years, its not that hard to sit down and think it out.
There are two possibilities, we came from nothing or we came from something. Did we come as we are, or become as we were? It's not something I can just GIVE the answer away to, because it really comes down to your own sense of logic.
2. Origin of Life: Same Origin from where all things come from son. It's called Origin, its where you come from, and where you go.

3. Because a whole bunch of empty space ain't really worth having a reality based around it you know.

4. Depends on your logic again, assuming you're able to answer your own question for number one by applying retrospective vision on your species.

5. What is our history? I think that's the question you should be focused on to answer #4 and #1.

6. You ain't got enough time on this Earth to hear the whole Answer son. You'll know when its your time to know though, it's a beautiful and humbling experience that can't really be put into human words.

7. Space is a big place kid.

8. Remember what I said about logic son? Well, look at religion with that same logic. Either A, it's all fake, B. It's half truths trying to explain something, or C. It's all true. All 3 scenarios are equally terrifying .

9. Give yourselves a little bit. The Internet and Global Connectivity hasn't really been in play for more than 25-ish years. Give it another 30 before discussing these pie in the sky ambitions.

10. Yup. You won't hear them with your flesh though.

11. The Port Hole Project should be interesting, I hope I'll still be alive to see it implemented.

12. That's up for the kids and the grandkids to figure out I guess.

13. Whatever you want it to be kid.

Hope that answers your questions.
>>
pot and video games
>>
Milfs
>>
buzzed driving
>>
>>17077004
prob kill yourself then best idea. go ahead be noble about it
>>
>>17077004
kid kid kid always ; ) when you fall on that you take thst fortress away though I won't shy away from that shit.this is an argument I've been doing that since I was little
>>
So why do they do that head tilt thing when they're uh you know
>>
you let it shine if it's little
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEvPV1jq6Vc
>>
File: do-your-ears-hang-low.jpg (499KB, 1538x1600px) Image search: [Google]
do-your-ears-hang-low.jpg
499KB, 1538x1600px
forgot pic
>>
its all a setup anyways ive been practicinig this
>>
>>17076145
the law of one my friend . yw
>>
File: 1449795143520.png (736KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1449795143520.png
736KB, 2048x2048px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM7uCI6LXbU
>>
I suspect, that when we finally get the answers, we will say..
"It was that simple all along"
>>
We have answers for all these questions, I dont think you are looking hard enough.

You choose to ignore the sources that contain your answers.

So why should I help you only to be rebuffed with Ridicule ?
>>
whole bunch of retards in this thread just repeating what a scientist told them or what they learnt in good goy school
>>
>>17076145

>Where did the human race originate from?

Somewhere in Africa.

>Where was the origin of all life?

No idea.

>Why does life exist in the universe?

Probably no reason. But the better question is this: why is there life instead of nothing? Simple answer: if life didn't exist, we wouldn't know about it in the first place.

>How did we come to be?

A product of evolution. Basically, we lucked out.

>What is our history?

Long and incomplete.

>What is the history of all that is?

I doubt we'll ever know.

>Are we alone in this quest for answers?

Maybe. Maybe not. Either option is terrifying.

>Is there a guide, a precursor, to all intelligence and life?

Highly doubtful.

>Would we ever see a day when all of humanity turns their resources to these mysterious queries?

No.

>Can we ever hope to find the answers to these burning questions?

Probably not.

>Is all hope to reclaim our ancient past gone?

Why would we want to reclaim it?

>Will we ever find out our purpose, our role, in this life, this universe?

It's whatever we make of it.

>Do we have a role?

Not an inherent one, no.

>What could've been this whole?

We weren't.

>And why was it divided?

It didn't exist.

>Do you guys know that feel?

Everyone has it. It's just curiosity.

>Do any of you have the answers to some of life's greatest mysteries?

Nope. Well apart from why socks go missing: goblins. The fucking cunts.

>Do any of you anons know where to find the answers?

Philosophy is a worthwhile hobby for thinking about them, at least.

>Do you think they're out there in the universe, or within our human being?

I think you've been smoking a little too much of 'da reefa'.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.