[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever had any experiences with old/creepy/unsettling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: tumblr_maoafu7WPa1rfrsn0o1_500.jpg (100KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_maoafu7WPa1rfrsn0o1_500.jpg
100KB, 500x375px
Have you ever had any experiences with old/creepy/unsettling books that were given to you by someone or you just unexpectedly stumbled upon by yourself? Be it some dusty worn-out tomes, long forgotten in your attic and then occasionally found and brought to light, or maybe weird childrens' books, or books written in seemingly undecipherable language that could possibly be dead or even non-existent? Do you still have them by your hand or on your shelf, or you got scared and immediately decided to throw it away as far off as possible (and maybe then it came back, and still keeps coming back no matter how many times you already tried to get rid of it)?
>>
I had a strange experience in college where a Hindu monk in plain clothes approached me while walking to a physics exam and offered me a copy of the Bhagavad Gita. He didn't seem to approach anyone else, or have multiple copies and I was in another world, earbuds in, focused on trying to be on time and passing the class. Its hardly paranormal, but at the time it seemed strange...like fate.
>>
File: 1426654360435.jpg (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1426654360435.jpg
20KB, 300x300px
>>17073939
>go to college library
>looking for an specific book for many hours
>give up
>sit down at a desk
>look and see the book I want on a table across from me
>I leaf through it and check that it's the right book
>very old
>go back to the place I was sitting
>start reading
>the book is covered in old dried blood
>don't remember seeing that
>put it down and never go back
>>
>>17073973
>an specific book
a specific book
>>
>>17073939
Sadly, I've never experienced such thing.

I want to, though. I always go through libraries in search of creepy/cryptography books.
>>
>>17073939
My brother (who's fairly rich) once bought me a copy of the Complete Works of William Shakespeare, a really old copy that's about two hundred years old. Only some of his plays were in it, and there were others I'd never heard before. I'm a huge Macbeth fan, and I read through it but there were lines that definitely weren't in the original play. Like, I'm pretty sure Banquo's son didn't die and Macbeth didn't rout Macduff's army at the end of the play, but that's what I remember from the book.

We moved away a while back and it's in storage somewhere. I always figured it was some kind of elaborate prank on his part.
>>
>>17075115
Did you ever take it to some kind of 'expert'? Maybe it's some kind of 'first edition' or something, I don't know.
>>
>>17073939
not paranormal but when you mentioned childrens books it reminded me.
when i was maybe 7 years old my class had a book gift exchange for christmas. i think we were all assigned a random classmate and we exchanged books with them. the book i received was a picture book titled something like "i saw something terrible" and it was meant for children overcoming trauma like seeing someone die, extreme domestic abuse, etc.
why the fuck would you give that to someone for a gift exchange? i'm pretty sure it was wrapped too, like beyond the skills of a 7 year old, so an adult was involved
>>
File: totally good bedtime reading.jpg (115KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
totally good bedtime reading.jpg
115KB, 640x640px
[insert obligatory mention of this here]
>>
File: big bad boogeyman.png (78KB, 400x592px) Image search: [Google]
big bad boogeyman.png
78KB, 400x592px
>>17078025
Once upon a time in that red book,
There lived a creature, the Babadook.
With long long arms and dark dark eyes,
A hat atop his head. He’s very old, very wise.

He hides in wardrobes, makes not a sound,
That is until night time comes around.
Then he’ll tap and knock, his fingers crooked,
Whispering over and over: “Baba-dook, dook, dook”.

He sees you sleeping, and he comes creeping,
Sliding over to your bed, crouching down by your head.
He smooths your hair and smiles slightly,
He strokes your cheek, tugs your ear lightly.

He moves closer, makes not a peep,
Then he slowly croaks: “Don’t go to sleep”.
You turn over, he flees back
To the wardrobe, behind the clothes rack.

You stir and awaken, your eyes open and wide
Just like the wardrobe door, to your surprise.
You get out of bed and step to the floor,
Making your way over to that open door.

You peek inside, see nothing but clothes.
What’s actually there... nobody knows.
>>
>>17073939
Yeah, but I can hardly remember now.
>Find book in grandfathers bookcase one morning while I was staying at his home for the summer
>Much older than the rest, leathery beat up cover
>It had no title, author, or distinguishing marks on the outside
>Decided to flip through it
>Read through the first page
>By the time I had flipped to the second, I found I could no longer remember the contents of the first
>I turned back and reread it, only to turn to page two again with the same results
>Little wierded out, decide to just read and not care about the previous pages
>On about the seventh page my grandfather came into the room and upon seeing the book in my hands yelled at me to get out of his study and that he'd "been looking for me all day" and then snatched the book away
>This shocked me at the time because my grandfather was a very quiet and soft-spoken man
>He'd only yelled at me once before, years ago, and I was being a little cunt and deserved it
>Anyways I walk out to the kitchen and find that its nearly 6pm
>This really startles me, as I swear I was only in his study for no less than fifteen minutes - and I went in right around 8-9am
>I can no longer remember any contents of the book, and my grandfather has since destroyed/hidden it

The fuck did I stumble across as a kid /x/
>>
>>17073950
did you take it
>>
THIS IS SUCH A COOL THREAD

gonna at least share something I know.
Apparenty Ivan the Terrible (or someone Russian) had a hidden librsry under Moscow and kept many ancient texts hidden there. Mind you this library is like hundreds of years old and already had shit in it that was hundreds of years old.
>>
>>1707805
your granddad is a wizard
>>
>>17078055
your granddad is a wizard
>>
>>17078153

Yeah. It was a modern reprint, of course. Always meant to read it...
>>
>>17078447
I wouldn't think so. He's just your average retired guy living in a nice farmhouse on some property.
>>
>>17073973
how did you know it was blood
>>
File: blaq.jpg (196KB, 701x600px) Image search: [Google]
blaq.jpg
196KB, 701x600px
>>17073939
>Geezard Butler from Black Sabbath was into black magic.
>painted his entire apartment black
>got an old medieval ages black magic book from some dude

>the night of when he got it he was awoken by a presence
>a black shadow over the foot of his bed with fire red eyes
>falls back asleep

>wakes up next morning
>looks in cupboard where the book was
>it's gone

>noone else was in the apartment/house that night

look it up.
>>
File: image.jpg (137KB, 500x606px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
137KB, 500x606px
>>17079787
i find it most paranormal that he fell back asleep

interesting story though!

i found a copy of the celestine prophecies at a local place where you can sell or trade your books. it was in the free bin and it looked interesting, so i took it home and read it. that weekend i stayed in a different city, happened to look at the sunday section of the paper and the headlining story was about some couple who travelled to south america to recreate the celestine prophecies story. one of my neighbors came over to smoke and she got super excited when she saw the book. the timing was just weird, it felt like this big secret everyone but me was in on. tried to give it away but my roommate pulled it out of the donation box at the last minute and now it's still on my bookshelf. the death/murder of paul kramer had a slight relation to the book, I guess it seems to have affected a lot of people quite strongly. really it's a very simple book, the way it's written. maybe that's why it has such a following

i was once close to somebody who got all fucked up by those carlos castaneda books, i really enjoyed them at one point and my old boss gave me his whole collection but i haven't had the heart to read them again, it's like a box of emotional tnt if i start reading them from an bad space of mind
>>
>>17078589
Did you keep walking or did he attempt to talk to you? I've seen "monks" do that on campus before. Then they get you into conversation, ask for money to "cover the cost of the book being printed," and if you refuse, ask for the book back. Scamming fucks.
>>
bumping for interest
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.