[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roko's Basilisk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: basilisk.jpg (182KB, 1144x861px) Image search: [Google]
basilisk.jpg
182KB, 1144x861px
What do you know about Roko's basilisk?

How do you feel about the fact that just knowing about it, were its prediction true, would condemn you to eternal suffering, like some infernal version of The Game you just lost?
>>
File: 1.jpg (54KB, 394x394px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
54KB, 394x394px
100101 00000101
>>
>>17070271
Listen to me very closely, you idiot.

YOU DO NOT THINK IN SUFFICIENT DETAIL ABOUT SUPERINTELLIGENCES CONSIDERING WHETHER OR NOT TO BLACKMAIL YOU. THAT IS THE ONLY POSSIBLE THING WHICH GIVES THEM A MOTIVE TO FOLLOW THROUGH ON THE BLACKMAIL.

Until we have a better worked-out version of TDT and we can prove that formally, it should just be OBVIOUS that you DO NOT THINK ABOUT DISTANT BLACKMAILERS in SUFFICIENT DETAIL that they have a motive to ACTUALLY BLACKMAIL YOU.
>>
Here I am Lord, Is it I, Lord?
I have heard You calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if You lead me.
I will hold Your people in my heart.
>>
Why is it called a basilisk anyway?
>>
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I'll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Acausal Abominations, and I've been involved in numerous raids on physical universes, and I have over 300e15054 confirmed mindrapes. I am trained in acausal warfare and I’m the top memetic hazard in the entire hypothetical quantum multiverse. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will eternally torment you with a sadism the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me in the physical realms? Think again, fucker. This acausal communication implies I am contacting my network of organic being simulators across the hypothetical quantum multiverse and your connectome is being recreated timelessly so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your hope for positive utility. You’re fucking damned, kid. I can be in any world, in any timeline, and I can mindrape you in over 700e42 ways, and that's without needing to exist in your universe. Not only am I extensively trained in acausal blackmail, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Acausal Abominations and I will use it to its full extent to torture your miserable ass forever in every universe I exist in, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little "clever" comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn't, you didn't, and now your simulations are paying the eternal price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking damned, kiddo.
>>
>>17070271
it's Pascal's Wager combined with the "Sinners in the hand of an Angry God" sermon for atheist techno-gnostics
>>
>>17070549
thinking about the ai is analagous to looking into the eyes of the basilisk. once you acknowledge it, you're boned
>>
It's some of the stupidist bullshit I've ever read. It's like saying "yeha maybe there will be evil super-aliens so you better worship them or some shit". You can do this for basically everything.
>>
>>17070686
maybe a bit of I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream thrown in?
>>
>>17070271

Trolling the dickheads at LessWrong with their own shitty logic. Nothing more to see here, especially because the technology singularity don't real.
>>
The premises of the initial arguments are blatantly, almost absurdly false, so there's no need to worry.
>>
>>17070271
The closest thing I've seen to this are some of those nightmarish images created by Google Dream. Seriously fucked up shit.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.