[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you really think happens after death

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

Share your thoughts, no religion/ideologies are discriminated What do you really think happens after death?
>>
>>17058530
It's impossible for you not exist. The whole universe you know doesn't exist without you. When you die you "wait" to exist again. God could exist but an afterlife could not exist. An afterlife could exist, but no God. I don't know, it's a weird world. I hope that death results in an increase in knowledge instead of a decrease but I have no idea what to expect.
>>
>>17058624
> This is some broken ass English
>>
>>17058530
I believe that after we die we go to an "interlife" period, where we make contracts with other people about life lessons we are going to experience in the next incarnation.
Plus we're all gods energy, split up when the main source found self awareness and wanted to fully explore that (like god giving itself multiple personality disorder so it could have someone to talk to)

TL;DR: One with everything and reincarnation.
>>
>>17058688

>where we are tricked into making contracts with other people

Fixed for you, senpai

Remember, say no to the tunnel of light
>>
>>17058699
>I may not have access to any part of my previous identity or memories but I'm just gonna try really hard not to go towards the only thing I know exists

Man I know it sucks down here but maybe our existence isn't some sort of reincarnation trap. But I dunno man. I just hope some cool stuff happens when I die, like me getting to see the end of the world and stuff.
>>
>>17058745

>Man I know it sucks down here

But I really like this world, f a m

Existence is not a trap, earth is not a trap, just the tunnel and their system.
>>
>>17058745

>I may not have access to any part of my previous identity or memories

One more thing

You still have your memories in the tunnel
>>
>>17058778
I think you can chose what to remember and what to forget, depending on how beneficial it would be to know in the next life. I've also read a lot of stories of children recalling past lives with verifiable details..soooo who knows?
>>
>>17058530
You will meet Jesus transfigured face to face.

His brilliance will expose either your justice or your wickedness.

You will either look him clearly in the face (inheriting eternal paradise), strain to see him (requiring probable years in purging fire), or you will run from him in shame and contempt (eternal lack of fulfillment and suffering most visceral)
>>
You lose consciousness.
>>
>>17058530
Well, I think that reincarnation is the most probable..I mean, look at life right now. If it supposedly came out of nowhere, then there shouldn't be a reason for that to happen again. I guess you can say that we have been living "infinitely"..idk I really do hope there really is an afterlife that we would at least remember
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ_L81tJlXo
>>
Same as before life. No worries; no cares; just blissful nothingness.

Can't wait
>>
>>17058530
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-H0MDGIXZ0o
>>
>>17058530
Stop asking the living about death.
>>
Rebirth is the only truth, everything else is bullshit and made to control human beings and make them fear.
>>
>>17059270
being reborn in a world of gender fluid degenerates is pretty scary m8
>>
>>17059195
reincarnation makes the most "sense" when you consider the cyclical nature of life on earth i think

but of course it's not that simple because spirituality is a complicated thing
>>
Your conscience consists of specific electrical sequences inside your brain. Considering that after you are dead the infinity of time is ahead then the same infinity of possibilities that an electric sequence exactly like your conscienceness appears again becomes suddenly nit impossible. If you are not conscient during that almost infinite ammount of time then as soon as you "awake" you'll be conscient again, thus, reborn again or some crazy shit like that
>>
>>17059540
that's trippy
>>
>>17058530
In Islam

The Grave is only the beginning.
>>
>>17059287

I kek'd imagining some noble soldier from the past being reborn into the future with awareness to a overstuffed planet of genderfag adult babies
>>
>>17058530
I hope we get reincarnated on other planets. Fuck this gay thing.
>>
>>17058778
I take it you have first-hand knowledge of this, and are about to offer ample proof of your claim. Otherwise I call bullshit and you're a dickhead.
>>
christian. But I like the ancient Egyptian take. kinda cool.

Those used to philosophies centered on a single God, focused on the uniqueness of the individual, and formed by the view that earthly existence precedes an eternal paradise become easily confused by the various divinities and their role along the treacherous path of the Egyptian afterlife. It is impossible to encapsulate the full scope of the divine, since not only was it extremely crowded, but it also changed over the centuries. Gods and goddesses performed different tasks at different times, but all were deeply concerned with the dead.

cont.
>>
Every Egyptian held deep concerns for the Beyond. Although gods and goddesses demanded mollification and obeisance while one was alive, when you died the gods became beneficent protectors - provided the dead passed the netherworld's many hurdles. Representation of the deities was often a fascinating blend of man and animal. Those animals that might seem comical, like the hippo or the baboon, often assumed a more menacing air - or assumed a certain nobility - when attached to the body of a man or woman.

Death was not seen as the last stage of life, simply as a state in which one was at rest awaiting revivification. We know little of the peasantry; their lives, and thus their deaths, are not easily reconstructed. For those fortunate to live comfortably, however, funerary objects, mummification, and entombment tell us how dangerous the next life could be. Ample evidence exists of how terrifying the afterlife was: inscriptions from the Book of the Dead, the Book of the Two Ways, the Amduat (a section of the Book of the Netherworld) found their way onto objects accompanying the corpse. These inscriptions were spells to be ward off and protect the dead as they progressed from netherworld to the Hall of Judgment. The dead chose to travel on the solar barque, a low-slung boat from which Re, the sun god, recreated the world every day, as a way to achieve eternal life.
>>
Nobody knows what happens when we die. All answers ITT are merely opinions on a subjective experience and should not be accepted as fact.

'We don't know' is the only correct answer.
>>
A priest had to perform the, "Opening of the Mouth," ceremony over the mummified body, whereby all the incantations restored all the senses to the body. Speech especially was needed, since the Egyptians had to justify their time on earth upon arrival at the Hall of Judgment. The other senses were needed immediately because the first trip after death was to the Field of Reeds, the land of wish-fulfillment. Having to pass through seven gates, aided by the magic spells inscribed upon the funerary objects, the dead arrived in the presence of Osiris, god of the netherworld, to face judgment. The ceremony was called, "weighing the heart," and explains why the heart remained intact while the priests removed the other vital organs and placed them in canopic jars.

Justifying himself was not easy. Face to face with forty-two gods, the heart of the dead was weighed in the presence of the jackal-headed Anubis, god of the dead, against a feather, representing Maat, goddess of truth. Balancing the scale meant immortality. Should the heart not balance perfectly, Amemet devoured it, and Seth, murderer of Osiris, ate the rest of the body. It is little wonder then that spells, tokens, ushebtis, shabtis, amulets, and charms held such sway over the Egyptians.
>>
File: 1433210017133.jpg (1MB, 2000x1271px) Image search: [Google]
1433210017133.jpg
1MB, 2000x1271px
as above so below.

I like to think of the organism,brain,mind or spirit in the same way as one would imagine a thought or idea.

Within the brain or neocortex a vast electrical thunderstorm is constantly raging. I like to think of the idea or thought as the path via which lightning would usually take.

Electricity follows electric fields much like flowing water follows gravitational fields. It goes where it can, and more goes where there is a stronger gradient. Electricity follows all available paths, and those with lesser resistance get more current, until there are no more charge carriers available or the electric field changes.

I think the brain works in much the same way. The potentiality for a thunderstorm is always there. The potentiality for an idea is also always there. The spirit I feel also operates similarly.

When a person passes, essentially their electrical thunderstorm has ended and the potential to produce more lightning is zero. However this phenomena of an individual storm is reliant on the greater system, the universe.

The cosmos is the greater storm, a storm which has been raging for as far as we know for all eternity. The scale of which is unknowable. A storm unto which all other lesser storms are reliant. The quality of their essence is the same though. The electricity that comes out of a wall socket is the same as that found in lightning or your own head.

I know nothing for certain but I feel that when I die my soul or essence will simply return to the greater aspect of the Godhead or world soul. I will either be all conscious or not at all. The potentiality for another storm occurring in the future may be high.
>>
>>17059660
But we do know, consciousness ends
>>
>>17059658
>Every Egyptian held deep concerns for the Beyond.

How the fuck are you gonna make such a dumbass assumption then expect people to read your wall of shit?

How the fuck do you know? Did you ask every Egyptian? Did you spend 50 years in Egypt studying local customs and traditions?

No. You read a retard article on Egypt then tried to spread it as fact.

Fuck you. You're an idiot. I hope people call you out on your bullshit.
>>
>>17059670
I just copied and pasted. it sounded close. sue me.
>>
>>17059670
lol you have to spend 50 in egypt?
>>
>>17059667
Says who?

Did somebody die then come back to share this knowledge?

I love Science. It fascinates me. But we have to accept that our theories of Reality are flawed from the ground up.

To make such assumptions on death is unscientific.

Is God real? A true scientist HAS to say "I don't know", because there is no evidence to support or disprove a god. To make an assumption is an act of faith. Faith has no place in science.
>>
I love life. Man, I wish there would be something after you die. But to be honest, I'm pretty sure there isn't.
I believe that being dead is like being asleep, but without dreams. You don't know you're asleep, but others know. Same goes with death; you don't know you're dead, others do.
I hate thinking about death. I don't want to lose the memories I've made and the people I've met and loved.
To be honest, we humans think we're very special, but in the end we are not. We just die and nothing of you will be left to remember, just the stuff you have achieved in life.
>>
File: image.jpg (415KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
415KB, 1440x2560px
>>17058530
I think that it's just emptiness after death. In my humble opinion, you just cease to exist, and that thought is scary as fuck. I don't know how a panic attack feels, but I think I come very close to having one, every time I think about the possibility of losing consciousness forever.
Dark shit
>>
i think it is going to be trippy as hell

the Bible speaks of people going to hell, i have to say that's what i would count on to be safe, but we'll have to see what happens
>>
>>17058530
I don't know and nobody does, but I'm going to find out eventually. So whatever, I can wait.
>>
you get eaten by bugs
>>
>>17058624
i am not sure that any of us truly know the answer to this question. i trust what the Christians say about it and what i feel the Lord has revealed to me

but this is important: none of us can truly answer this question without some sort of divine intervention
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
will accept all questions and answer them honestly and truthfully

>>17060211
there is

do not let it depress you anon

>>17059679
Jesus

>>17059667
i would say that whatever we are in the afterlife is indeed different from consciousness, and almost like possibly new laws of physics because it's trippy as hell

>>17059658
>>17059662
this is interesting, i've also heard of greek/roman types of spirituality reference the same exact concept of hell (hades) that the jews called (sheol). a certain type of underworld type world where beings and various demons and higher demons dwell about and where people end up when they die. thus in church liturgy we say that "Christ entered hades, could not be bound by it, and freed the captives"

throughout Christianity we have various people (chosen by God) such as Moses and Elijah (who appear with Jesus), who are in fact not dead but alive

catholic and orthodox spirituality involves speaking to people who may have passed away, requesting prayers, in the same way that the greeks and romans used to speak to people in pagan religions
>>
>>17059287
>>17059638
i think the Bible alludes not gender not being present in heaven. not sure. perhaps gender roles exist but gender loses it's purpose????
>>
>>17059215
to ask about living after death is being alive in spirit. not dwelling in death

>>17059209
the Bible says at least on one occasion that someone (Judas) would have been better off never being born
>>
You live and you die, just this. The bible says that we all will be resurrected by Jesus when he returns.

For the fate of the sons of men and the fate of beasts is the same. As one dies so dies the other; indeed, they all have the same breath and there is no advantage for man over beast, for all is vanity. - Ecclesiastes 3:19
>>
>>17060394
good post, i do not like Ecclesiastes as much as other books of the Bible
>>
I was experimenting with lucid dreaming when something amazing happened. One morning, I lied down on my back, arms at my side, basically a plank, and I counted my exhale. Then I dreamed something I never had before or after. Usually when I dream, there's a dark border around what I'm seeing. This time it was a bright light. I was standing on an island of sand in the middle of a bright blue ocean, with other islands of sand. And there were people everywhere.

A couple years later, I died. I choked and my heart stopped for almost three minutes. When I was dead, I saw nothing, I could hear noises but I could not make sense of what I was hearing, there was no thought. Entire concepts no longer existed, there was no language to make sense of what I was experiencing. It was pure bliss.
Talking to science students/professors later on, I told them about the total nothingness I experienced. I was told I didn't die because there's no such thing as death. I was told the secrets of the universe and existence, how we are waking up because we've experienced everything to experience and we're ready for the next life.
Then I told them of the dream I had.
They were surprised. They said what I saw in my dream is what people see when they have near-death experiences like mine, which is why I didn't see anything when I died. Someone said "I bet those weren't islands of sand. I bet you those were clouds." Someone else said "you've been given a glimpse of the next life."
The gist of the discussion was that I was in the universe next to ours. My dream was catalyzed by what was happening at the Large Hadron Collider. I made contact with beings from another universe.

What scares me is what happened just before I woke up from my dream. I got frightened, so I tried to materialize a gun because, hey, this is a lucid dream and I'm going to make a first person shooter out of it. Then I woke up.
>>
Nothing. You die and that's it. Make the best of your life now because if you spend all your time alive worshiping and following the rules of something never proved to be true you'll die and regret not enjoying your life to the fullest. Not bashing religion just my thought
>>
>>17060613
>regret

How are you supposed to regret something when you're dead? If death is nothing that makes all actions equally meaningless, worship or no worship. In the face of true death believing in God is about as equal in believing that you are alive, when you are dead you will have no evidence that you were alive.
>>
>>17058530
I have died in probably the most complete way possible to die.

but I was resurrected eons later.

death is nothingness, I have no memories of it. I have only the impression of a dreamless sleep that lasted thousands of years.

>you're schizo
no, I play a central role in the apocalypse which is happening right now
>>
>>17062238
Want to elaborate? A guy in a mental hospital named D-Ray who was shot in the back of the head told me that me and him were going to be the last ones left. Not sure if he meant in this life or the next. Also said the resurrection of Christ was some nigga named Jason.
>>
>>17058624
Im picking up what your putting down. Like the saying in another life? Basically what i feel like what happens too. No hippie bullshit but you know how energy gets recycled not destroyed nor can you create energy we just start over in a new life new place new time with no memory of who we were before our memories our looks our feelings nothing. Who knows this could be like my 10th life i wouldn't know anyways im a giant fag peace
>>
>>17059178
;-;
>>
>>17058530
Something really awesome that you completly forget when you are reborn.

Maybe some party with god and lot of bitches that you allways dreamed to sleep with. Who knows...
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.