[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleep Paralysis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: cringe.jpg (21KB, 330x211px) Image search: [Google]
cringe.jpg
21KB, 330x211px
How do you deal with it? Meds? Drugs? Booze?

Contrary to all the dog shit coming out of /x/, this is an actual legit phenomenon and I know I'm not the only one in here.

Even tho we all know it's a mental thing, what was your worst experience/hallucination/lucid dream?

I've had many, but the worst one I probably experienced was litteraly feeling a hand grabbing my forearm and pulling on me when I was about to fall asleep. Other instances include feeling like someone is in my room, shadows, horrific faces when I open the eyes, feeling like someone is touching me, etc.
>>
Bump for curiosity.
>>
I once felt something pull on my leg before falling asleep at a very young age and it affected the way I sleep for years.
>>
>>17058345

How often do you exercise?

Are you overweight?
>>
>>17058443
I'm not overweight, I have a very physical job too. I'd say I'm fit and in shape. When I went to the gym for a membership, my "trainner" told me heartrate was absolutely abnormal tho. I was getting 130/minute while resting. She litteraly repeated the test because she tought something was wrong with her baloon thingy.
>>
>>17058408
What did you see once you woke up and opened the eyes?
>>
>>17058488

What kind of diet do you have?

Do you find yourself very anxious a lot of times?

Are you anxious, because you're overweight?
>>
>>17058345
It's terrible. Sorry OP. I watched a video a while back that said you could fight off the demons of sleep paralysis if you become a Christian and you commanded the demons to go back to the abyss. So I figured whatever, I'll give myself to Jesus (and I really did it sincerely and believed and all that stuff) and the next time I started having sleep paralysis I heard a voice above me yell "YOU MOTHERFUCKER GO BACK TO THE ABYSS" and a red and black portal opened up and whatever was after me got sucked in. Weird. I never had "sleep paralysis" after that but it kind of got more complicated since I started having sleep paralysis symptoms within my actual dreams and waking up into the dream...

Anyway here's that video, and good luck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS3S7cd2tgw
>>
>>17058499
Nothing, it was just a sensation.
>>
>>17058345
Sleep paralysis is just what your body does to prevent itself from acting on things you do in a dream. It's not a negative condition. It's not even a condition.
>>
>>17058506
I don't really have a diet. I can eat anything from fries to deep fried stuff and the next day, I'll eat a salad.

Once again, far from being overweight, actually the oppsosite, I had a 7% bodyfat BEFORE working out.

Anxiety, yes, for sure!
>>
>>17058507
>mfw god yells "YOU MOTHERFUCKER GO BACK TO THE ABYSS"
>>
>>17058559
oh shit I forgot to mention the interesting part, the voice was of an old black lady, not god.

>mfw my guardian angel is preparing me southern comfort food in heaven
>>
Whats the thing where you feel like youre awake and cant move?
>>
>>17058507
I was born to become a Catholic, but don't believe in God. Sorry, mate.
>>
>>17058587
Pretty much this thread
>>
>>17058600
checked
also you may be raised and brainwashed by the Catholics but i doubt it works on everyone friendo :^)
>>
>>17058345
Buddy just get reasonable sleep hours
>>
>>17058647
Wth has religion anything to do with this in the first place?
>>
>>17058608
Sorry i disnt know if it was this or lucid dreaming. I doubt it has anything to do with what you eat or weight i was a stick and had those often (did eat fried foods but eh) i actually liked having sleep paralysis tho id get it wake up and soon after had it again, woke up and again. I would have it 4-5 times after the second time 3-5th time i would go to sleep on purpose to get the feeling. I liked the adrenaline and the helplessness feeling of it. After that the pressure would be too much and id have to watch tv to go to sleep and not have it again. One time tho it was my 1st or 2nd time doing it purposefully. I was in mid rush and (my brother n i had bunkbeds) i turn my head to my left looking at the wall theres no more than 2inches between the bed and wall and i see my brother squeezing thru the fucking gap it started with his head and than both hands are on the bed, than i see one of his legs come up over his head and its place in between his head and his right hand. He was a dark blackish grey color it was wierd i couldnt scream or wakeup but noticed i wriggle myself so i kept wriggling til i fall out of bed and woke up. I was still in bed when i woke after that i dont remember having it that much, it was probably the worst episode i had until i had it again while married nothing happend i just couldnt move got the desperate feeling but what made it really fucked up for me was my wife laying beside me asleep :(
>>
>>17058696
That's intense. Funny you talk about that because I never experienced those while sleeping with a woman or next to someone. It always happen when I'm alone in the room. I never was able to move, but people told me I yelled like a motherfucker in my sleep.
>>
>>17058737
Most of the time, it happens at my parents house and I yell my brother's name or the person sleeping the closest to me.
>>
>>17058737
Actualy, in my head I'm yelling, but people only hear a very loud moaning.
>>
>>17058540

Well that poor diet (not really keeping track of it) is probably contributing greatly to your obesity. Your obesity, and subsequent anxiety, might be contributing to your continued sleep paralysis episodes.

I would recommend that you attempt light exercise to start. This could be something as simple as clapping, until you've lost enough weight to attempt more strenuous exercises.

You can do this. I believe in you.
>>
File: 109f37_5339804.jpg (64KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
109f37_5339804.jpg
64KB, 1600x900px
>>17058345
Best thing you can do is fuck yourself up with sexy, sexy knowledge.

Sleep paralysis can be caused by exhaustion, attempts at lucid dreaming, medication, drugs/alcohol, stress, and mental health issues. If you've suffered from it a lot over the course of your life it can be hard to pinpoint the exact cause, so you're gonna need to experiment in order to find the root. If it's something that's happened recently (eg: in the past few months) maybe it's something that's changed recently.

I mentioned 'attempts at lucid dreaming' because they're pretty much the same thing - a 'waking' dream. The only difference is the degree of control you possess over yourself and your surroundings. To fall into lucid dreaming, you're supposed to tire yourself out, then lay in bed completely still so your body falls asleep. You need to remain completely alert, in order to stay awake. After a period, your whole body should feel heavy and you'll be unable to move. This is where a lot of people panic or lose control and the lucid dreaming turns to sleep paralysis.

You can avoid sleep paralysis by avoiding the causes I listed above. If you think it's something unavoidable, like a delicate relationship with your girlfriend, or your current job, it might be a better idea to focus on fixing those issues instead. It'll just make your life better.

Obviously, shit happens. And you might wind up paralysed again. If you're the type who enjoys crazy shit, you can try to turn it into a lucid dream (my personal experiences with this are absolute balls, so I don't recommend it). But if you're sane and want to wake up, focus all your energy on wriggling your toes and fingers. Really wriggle those motherfuckers. I never thought about it before until this moment, but 'wriggle your digits' doesn't exactly inspire confidence when you've got demonspawn shadows in your room. It worked for me and a couple of others too, so I guess it's worth a shot.
>>
Sleep paralysis is literally the scariest shit I have ever experienced in my life. It happens to me multiple times a week. On a night when I really need uninterrupted not fucked up sleep I'll drink a bunch of Sailor Jerry or shoot up some heroin before bed.

Most nights I rely on my girlfriend to literally slap me out of it when she notices that I'm having an episode. Also I have been able to semi successfully train my dog to jump up on me when it is happening as well. Usually between the girl and the dog I don't have to suffer long.

I have an idea for a device that might be able to help people like us. I need to do more research because I really only have my own experiences to base my plans on.

Sorry dude.
>>
Listen to this before you go to bed.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVqqjOTdctk
>>
I love how everyone has sleep paralysis now that there's a documentary about it in Netflix.

meanwhile I've been the crazy guy for dealing with this shit since I was a child.
>>
>>17060200
I've been having it since I was 10. I'm 22 now. I got used to it when I was around 14.
>>
>>17060213
That's crazy man.

I'm this guy >>17058924

I didn't even know what it was until it started happening to me when I was about 25 after I got divorced. It started with really bad nightmares and progressively got worse over the course of a few months until it's at the point that it is now.

I tried therapy for a while and it kinda worked but not really.

I don't really see how you could get used to it. I've gotten to the point where it's not unexpected but it's still pretty shit.
>>
>>17058345
Every fucking night. Sometimes even when I take a nap

My worst is someone breathing on my neck. The classics are leg grabbing and screaming.

I dont know what to do.
>>
Call me crazy, but does anyone know if you can induce sleep paralysis? I have experienced it; it was utterly terrifying, but I like being frightened
>>
>>17058874
>>17058506
>>17058443

You work for Dell don't you.
>>
>>17061818

I've never heard of anyone just willing themselves into a state of a paralysis, however, as someone whose dealt with it for as long as I can remember (at least 18, if not more like 20-25 years), see

>>17058900

Some of that seems pretty accurate, so just do the reverse. Also, falling into Lucid dreaming (to capitalize on the paralysis) might be quite difficult for you, it varies a lot from person to person.
>>
File: rubyblue.gif (897KB, 250x376px) Image search: [Google]
rubyblue.gif
897KB, 250x376px
>>17058345
I have no remedy for this shit because it fucks me, too. Here's my scariest experience.

>sleeping on side
>im facing towards the window on the right side of my bed
>cant move, obv.
>see girlfriend and her mother staring at me through the window
>just staring. for like five minutes straight
>gf's mother screams at the top of her lungs, and gf starts sobbing hard
>after maybe 30 sec of crying and screaming, they both bash their faces on the edge of the window, and their faces become bloody and unrecognizable
>after more bashing, they went underneath the window and disappeared
>body woke up, sweaty as hell, creeped the fuck out
>>
I got the symptons but I manage to force myself to wake up and turn on the lights when it happens (I'm immune to the paralysis bit).
>>
>>17058345
Sleep paralysis happens when your consciousness begins to separate itself from your physical body. If one can learn to not be terrified at that crucial moment and instead embrace it then one can enjoy an out of body experience (Astral Projection).
>>
I had it a lot when I was younger. a presence and paralysis. I grew out of it in my 20s.
>>
>>17058345
>I was insanely afraid of sleep paralysis last year.
>I am afraid to sleep.
>Months pass by.
>I eventually forget my phobia.
>Take a nap in gf's couch.
>It fucking happens.
>It's daytime, so not so scary.
>I feel like the Hag is coming.
>I am pissed that I am in this situation.
>I am so pissed that I actually will myself out of the paralysis.
>Put my dukes up.
>I'm half paralyzed and do like a retard yell.
>Pass out again.

Victory!
>>
>>17061824
TOP KEK
>>
>>17060200

I had it in early 2008 a few times, which is funny because that was like a month after I started looking at /x/ and reading about it. Kind of scary the first time, figured out how to quickly break it after that. Only ever had one hallucination.
>>
Last night I felt myself sinking through the bed. I felt the sheets and my comforter buckling around me, and opened my eyes to find i couldn't see the ceiling.
After I writhed around in panic, I snapped out of it.
>>
>>17061818

Sleep on your back and try to lucid dream. Sometimes you'll slip from the dream to consciousness without your brain sending the wake-up hormones to your muscles.
>>
Yes OP. I used to get it chronicly until I noticed they were one symptom among others (cataplexy, falling asleep in class constantly) for narcolepsy. I'm on modafinil now, and I haven't gotten one since. I sleep like a baby now and actually manage to stay in REM... Still have catalplectic attacks while laughing though, but I'd be a liar if I didn't have the old Dostoesvky pride in my illness.
>>
i deal with it by not giving a fuck. seriousy? meds? are you crazy?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.