[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

(pic related) Saints Boris and Gleb, first canonized saints of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 12

File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (19KB, 230x300px) Image search: [Google]
images.duckduckgo.com.jpg
19KB, 230x300px
(pic related) Saints Boris and Gleb, first canonized saints of the Russian Orthodox Church

this is in response to a post i saw on prophecy about modern Russia not too long ago
>>
File: index.jpg (15KB, 253x199px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
15KB, 253x199px
here is a video (have not watched it all the way through) i'm watching in regards to prophecies on modern Russia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Keq5BXyN9NU
>>
File: boris-and-gleb-1942.jpg (45KB, 800x399px) Image search: [Google]
boris-and-gleb-1942.jpg
45KB, 800x399px
with so much Russian propaganda on the INTERNET, it's hard to believe that prophecies out of Russia, concerning Russia might carry some weight. for some reason i have a gut feeling and this sticks with me, perhaps it is of the Lord

have not watched the whole video all the way through, so still in the process of watching it.
>>
File: 1769767.jpg (139KB, 436x616px) Image search: [Google]
1769767.jpg
139KB, 436x616px
St. Sabas
prophecies flourishing of Christian orthodoxy headed by Russia, not the coming of the son of perdition

according to the monk at St. Sabas in the 8th or 9th century (in Israel)
occurs after a terrible war when 2/3rds of humanity perishes, which is then stopped by a voice from heaven. the gospel will be preached throughout the world. (prophecy from 8th or 9th century. prophecy of a gospel distorted by heretics, claim that the true gospel of Christ would not have been preached but rather heretical gospel? that's pretty extreme (thinking the proper gospel the St. Sabas monk is referring to would be amidst the Orthodox church, again St. Sabas is in Israel)
>>
File: index.jpg (18KB, 202x249px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
18KB, 202x249px
after a brief time of flourishing for the world, the world falls into corruption and the Lord allows for the enthronement of the antichrist (according to these prophecies the woman is talking about in the video)

Lord Jesus Christ Son of God have mercy on us

feel free to debunk this for me. the woman may be incorrect, not sure if a monk from the 8th or 9th century could know a place called "Russia" if it didn't technically exist at the time
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (671KB, 1024x735px) Image search: [Google]
671KB, 1024x735px
st. seraphim of sarov (died in 1833)

prophecies of one of the tsar glorifying st. seraphim fulfilled and prophecy of bolshevik revolution fulfilled by st. seraphim for any atheists who look at this or who are looking for proof of the existence of God

goes on to say "before the birth of the anti christ a great revolution will occur in russia"

st. seraphim says he will live more than 100 years but died at 73. prays for God to have mercy on the land, but God says to st. seraphim that he won't. God tells seraphim of the men who keep traditions but have a heart far from God

ah, the video has lost my confidence in it as of yet but will keep watching
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (13KB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
13KB, 245x300px
st. seraphim spaks of the masonic alliance with the anti christ and the final judgment of Christ against the masons who have power through their intrigue and wealth (according to this video)

also speaks of God's judgment against the Jews, and the converting of many Jews to Jesus who see that Jesus was spoken of in the tanakh. also speaks very highly of the slavs (himself being slavic)

happy hannukkah!
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (276KB, 765x936px) Image search: [Google]
276KB, 765x936px
this is interesting. speaks of the anti christ being born of a virgin Jewish/slavic adulteress whose actual father is the devil by a woman who receives artificial insemination

spirit of darkness dwelling in her womb. a man announces to the world that the child is the antichrist when the antichrist is born?

i think this is all st. seraphim
>>
one of the rus orthodox clergy(?) says...
russians have forgot what it means to be russian.
"rus" is the footstool of the Lord's throne, and according to this guy people in russia have forgotten that

another guy says an evil will take russia, and wherever the evil goes blood will flow. says it's not the russian soul, but an imposition of the russian soul (not an ideology but a spirit from hell)
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (72KB, 325x488px) Image search: [Google]
72KB, 325x488px
"even the wings of the fly have weight, and God's scale is exact"

"God gives mercy when the balance is tipped towards good"

"america will feed the world but will finally collapse" (usa here)
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (60KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
60KB, 333x500px
one of the guys in this prophecy pegs anybody who is against union with russia in the last days as communion with the devil? lol wut?

certainly such a thing could not be true if we were living during the days of like ww2
>>
File: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (105KB, 486x490px) Image search: [Google]
105KB, 486x490px
don't know what to make of the video couldn't really keep up with all the different prophecies

i caught at the end the antichrist declares himself from america, hope that's not me
>>
File: nroPxMtLeSM.jpg (89KB, 480x581px) Image search: [Google]
nroPxMtLeSM.jpg
89KB, 480x581px
>>17056894
Russian here. Just so you know, the official Orthodox Church here is corrupt, politicized and overall degenerate as hell. The high clerics including the Patriarch are filthy rich and heavily engaged in business and money-making.
>>
>>17057225
It's not. It's me.
>>
>>17057386
You also need to mention that other orthodox churches in the world have 0 crimes while your orthodox church have some... yet they're 1 / 100 from the catholic crimes...

Romanian orthodox church, coptic orthodox church clearly have 0 crimes, others might have 0 crimes but I haven't really studied the history...
Not only they have 0 crimes but they've been constantly persecuted...
>>
>>17057846
> 0 crimes
As far as I know the only classic religion that has never been involved in violence is Jainism. Sadly, it's exclusive to Indians.
Coptic Orthodox church had some severe clashes with the Ethiopian Orthodox one. There are often fights and conflicts between delegations of different denominations during events in Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem.
And on the whole Orthodoxy has done enough evil. Less than Catholicism maybe, but still.
So I personally prefer non-sectarian Christianity and ethical teachings of visionaries (like Leo Tolstoy, for example).
>>
>>17058025
non-sectarian Christianity? What would that be?
If we take the scriptures it's mentioned by Jesus that we need the priests as they are of apostolic succession and have the power of Holy Spirit.
You wanted to say that you don't see Jesus as God and you aspire just to the poetic aspect of Christianity, which makes our conversation pointless.
There's really almost no blood on Coptic Church, you have to also understand the historical context of the clashes.
Check the Romanian orthodox church it's on pure apostolic succession from Apostle Andrew and was not even a church until 1915.
>>
>>17058296
> If we take the scriptures it's mentioned by Jesus that we need the priests as they are of apostolic succession and have the power of Holy Spirit.
Where exactly? There is nothing like that in the Gospels. Have you even read them?
> you aspire just to the poetic aspect of Christianity
I try to follow what Christ taught in his Mountain Sermon. For that I don't need any pharisees with their rituals and other cultist stuff.
>>
>>17058337
If you refer to apocryphal gospels - I've read them as lecture - some passages ( teachings, stories ) of them are present in orthodox prayers from breviary. But they are apocryphal texts and take no part in spiritual life of the church.
In the new testament as recognized by the apostolic church we can find countless quotes that refer strictly to the church Jesus created trough priests and Apostles.
1 Corinthians 4:1
The Nature of True Apostleship

4 This, then, is how you ought to regard us: as servants of Christ and as those entrusted with the mysteries God has revealed.

Matthew 18:18 "Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven. "

John 20:21-23

21 Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you. 22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: 23 whose soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye retain, they are retained.

Acts 20:28

28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.
>>
>>17057049
>st. seraphim says he will live more than 100 years but died at 73.
That is one shitty prophet.
>>
>>17058475
His prophecies could just aswell not be his prophecies.. it always happens with saints.
He did not write any of what people claim he said, he did not issue anyone to pass the information after his death.
He just minded his spiritual life, and you should take as spiritual teachings only his books, written by him.

The end of the world story is told by multiple people and again was pulled together on the internet by someone else, you cannot track back the information as they could've just as well be invented.... There is this guy in Romania priest Arsenie Boca who died... he was very smart, brilliant and knew theology but he was also full of pride, read lots of magic and occult works and believed himself to be incarnation of some old testament personalities... propaganda started and people today ask for him to be sanctified.. while church knows the truth is he was no saint ignorant people go to his graveyard and rub their items to his cross thinking that's how you serve god...
Basically Arsenie Boca is the Grigori Rasputin of Romania AYY LMAO...
>>
>>17058423
No, I was talking about the 4 "main" Gospels from the NT. Although I do also respect certain apocryphal texts like the Gospel of Thomas, for example.
Regarding your quotes - they are about the Apostles, who were the students of Jesus Christ. However nothing was said about creating a cult with a complex ritual system, hierarchy, pompous buildings, etc. Christ stated it explicitly that there isn't and shouldn't be any mediators between man and God.
The so called Ecumenical councils were simply a political endeavor of the Roman Empire. They did not establish Christ's Church, they just created their own, which later split.
>>
>>17058524
Excuse me the church is alive, Jesus is not a story for you to attach emotionally is an alive church with saints and miracles and with the full presence of God.
I'm sorry you've been traumatized by cults... but hopefully one day you'll return into the welcoming hands of the true orthodox mother.

No cult hold any truth but rather all the saints, the martyrs that told us to follow and to hold tight to our traditions...
Am I going to listen to a heretic on the internet? Or just embrace what my ancestors kept intact from me from what Apostle Andrew told them?
There is martyr blood in every piece of land I put my foot on here.. I am not even worthy of waking the land.
I will hold the true faith and I will die for it.
I can share it with you and you can reject it, that's exactly what I done but I will never abandon Jesus for anathematized cults.
>>
>>17058553
> Excuse me the church is alive
There are many "churches" and all of you call each other heretics and practice hatred.
> hopefully one day you'll return into the welcoming hands of the true orthodox mother
No, luckily I wasn't initiated neither in "Orthodoxy" nor in any other cult (and don't plan to), so I don't think I have to return anywhere except the Kingdom of God which is not of this world.
> Am I going to listen to a heretic on the internet?
Lol, I'm not even trying to convince you of anything nor do I have any reason to. Missionary work is futile in this day and age anyway.
> I will never abandon Jesus for anathematized cults
It seems to me you already have, but whatever. Again I repeat that I personally don't belong to any cult nor have any intentions of changing that. Believing in God and following Christ's teachings does not require any pharisee mediators.
>>
>>17058636
>Why do you cut parts of my comment put them in green text outside context and comment each individually?
If you don't care about Christianity why get involved? Just discuss other topics, its obvious that someone 2000 years later cannot be right in any way if he starts interpreting on his own.
>>
>>17058683
> >Why do you cut parts of my comment put them in green text outside context and comment each individually?
Are you new to imageboards?
> If you don't care about Christianity why get involved?
Yes, I don't care about "christian" cults as long as they don't try to influence people's lives through political and economic means. Especially if they themselves are not adhering to Christ's teachings in any significant way. At least that's the situation with the Russian Orthodox Church, of which I told you in my first post.
If the Romanian Orthodox church is different than I'm sincerely happy for you. Seriously.
> Just discuss other topics
No mate, it's not how it works. Here I can discuss whatever I like whenever I like. It's not your /safespace/.
>>
>>17058742
What's a safespace ? AYY LMAO sorry not Americanized....
Don't spread misinformation just because you have Christianity for personal reasons.
Everything else I don't want to sound retarded ( probably I already did ) but it's your absolute right and freedom to express yourself... It's just that I hold my tradition and I don't care what happened in other places... the irony my tradition was mostly 100% similar to other orthodox traditions when we became an international church... that develops my faith even more as orthodoxy is the true church of Jesus, the alive Church that He is the head of and which He administrates and protects.
>>
>>17058764
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
God bless.
>>
Gleb?
>>
>>17057846
that's interesting

>>17058025
OP here. >>17058337
wow less than catholicism. really? i'm a quaker! lol =D

>>17058337
i've heard some of the quakers only stick to the sermon on the mount. i take in all the gospels

>>17058501
good point about the information not being able to be tracked, anon. also indeed i think this is one of the issues with organized religion, although i am not entirely against organized religion and the Holy sanctity of the church. i think there is humility in accepting it. i think like "well i'll keep my senses sharp. if they're saying they are, then maybe i'll just take their word for it so as not to offend them... maybe they'll end up being right afterall."

>>17058553
possible shilling? sorry if false accusation

this shite would be like the ultimate russian propaganda. love you guys thanks for responding
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.