[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civil War ghosts in the front yard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: SpoopyGhosts.jpg (24KB, 360x245px) Image search: [Google]
SpoopyGhosts.jpg
24KB, 360x245px
Quick backstory: My family has about 2 1/2 square miles of shared farmland between 5 family members. On top of the section that my part of the family owns there was a small unnamed skirmish between Confederate soldiers and Union soldiers. The Union soldiers had won and pushed the Confederates back over into Missouri. Among those Union soldiers was my great-great-great grandpa, who was a corporal if I remember correctly (I'd have to check out the regiment list in the library again).
Anyways, onwards to the situation. During the day time, you can see black figures moving back and forth in the front yard through the massive picture window in our living room. Rarely at night you can sometimes hear what sounds like a bullet hitting the ground and sending dirt flying (inspection in the morning reveals that nothing is displaced), as well as very distant-sounding, inaudible voices. None of us in this household have felt any bad spiritual presence of any kind in all our years of living here (this house has been here since my great-great grandpa inherited the current section of land I live on from GGG grandpa). Any thoughts or similar experiences with civil war ghosts?
>>
Have you ever tried recording anything?
>>
One more bump for OP and to see if anyone else has similar ghost stories
>>
Bamping, would like to hear more spoopy Civil War stories.
>>
no stories sorry, but I do find it interesting that all stories about civil war ghosts shows them never having any negative feelings or anything towards the living. The Gettysburg ones interact and attempt to share with the living no matter union or confederate. I wonder if they just see you as on their side or what. Thoughts?
>>
>>17055841
Ive often wondered that- like its some sort of time slip, and they are just seeing you in their time as a type of ghost. Some evp's sometimes sound like the ghost is scared and is calling out as though you are an appartition to them in their time.
>>
>>17055853
The time slip sounds like a plausible idea. My favorite is the one of the Union soldier who appears to a couple of guys on a hike. The soldier congratulates them on a hard fought day and gives them a pair of cartridges before disappearing. It really is interesting to guess what that soldier was doing when he died and why he felt compelled to share ammo with two out of uniform people (the hikers).
>>
Just moved to Virginia, central part. The wire and I bought a house a mile from the small town where I work. Late one afternoon I could hear gun fire and cannon shot from the tree line along the property's edge. I thought it was reenactors out playing. I looked up the local group and found they were all done for the season. So I asked him if there were any other folks with that kind of equipment in the area. When I told him why he got really quiet and asked where I was hearing the shots. When I told him he said that I lived right along the edge of a major battle field.
>>
(Cont) after I got off the phone, and relayed what he said to my wife she said it was "totally creepy" later that evening we could see lights and hear talking from that side of the property.
>>
>>17055901
>>17055921
that's pretty cool. How often does that happen and could I bother you to describe in a little more detail what you experiance/d? Im going to school studying the civil war and I love this type of stuff.
>>
Only once so far, we have been here a few months. I've been told that late summer early fall is when this happens more often. But the town is very big in civil war culture.
>>
As far as detail. I'm former military and immediately recognized rifle fire, the guns we used in ceremony were 6 pound guns. The sound was very similar. I listened for at least a minute of intermittent shots. After the sun set the lights were in the trees like big fireflies, and the voices were very distant but distinct.
>>
>>17056353
that's awesome! thanks for sharing your experience
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.