[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you worship venus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: Venus.jpg (64KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Venus.jpg
64KB, 640x360px
how do you worship venus
>>
beat off in a seashell
>>
>>17043619
im serious
>>
>>17043614
From what I've read the Greeks really liked blood sacrifice.
>>
>>17043614
1st step: Call her Aphrodite.
>>
>>17043648
i'm serious too. there's literally nothing more sacred to her.
>>
>>17043750
Why? The Roman names are much more dignified..
>>
>>17043755
Something copied from another a culture is not dignified
>>
Find out everything you can about Her. Read, watch documentaries, talk to people. Visit Her shrines and temples. As you go through this journey of discovery open yourself to the feeling. Particularly when visiting the sacred spaces. Let your mind and feelings be open to what it meant to worship Her.

And note that Venus was felt to be the same as Aphrodite, Herself synonymous with the Egyptian Goddess Hathor. If you can get there, visit Greece, its temples to the female Gods, and feel how the history of worshipping the Goddess is imprinted on the vibe of the land.

Then, and only then, beat off in a seashell.
>>
>>17043614
Hyperpenis.
>>
>>17043761
So literally nothing since the dawn of Indo-European culture, and perhaps before, has any dignity whatsoever?

Also, learn your fucking shit, too. Venus was never terribly fond of the Greeks, who were really more Minerva and Mars. However, all Romans are her descendants by way of Aeneas so I imagine she'd prefer the Roman name.
>>
File: image.jpg (160KB, 496x691px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
160KB, 496x691px
>>17043614
Can Venus/Aphrodite turn me into a cute trap like in my Japanese animes?
>>
>>17043614
http://www.wikihow.com/Be-a-Roman-Pagan
>>
>>17043794
Yes. Channel her. But don't become arch. We don't need arch.
>>
>>17043794
The power of a Goddess!
She may even change you to a real woman!
>>
>>17043614
by having nothing else better to do
>>
>>17043794
Is there any other purpose she could've fulfilled?
>>
>>17043794
dont be too mean now
>>
>>17043780
Glad to see atleast one person on this website knows his shit
>>
File: pretty1.jpg (158KB, 1020x1418px) Image search: [Google]
pretty1.jpg
158KB, 1020x1418px
>>17043614

Appreciate beauty.
>>
make babies
>>
>>17043614
hi. priestess of aphrodite here. you live with love as your guide and with appreciation for and contribution to beauty and love in the world.
to pray to her is different than the christian method. you do not kneal but instead stand tall, leave your left arm limp unless you have reason to use it. lift your right arm up and out diagonally in a front of you with your palm up as if reaching up to her. then recite your prayers to her, calling her by her divine names ( which include those of the love and war goddess of the sumerians, babylonians, phoenicians, and romans and dozens of greek names you can find on theoi.com with a little digging. limit it to the appropriate ones to your prayer ).
remember love includes the platonic love of caring about people and it doesnt require being a pussy or doormat. sex magick, sex, and sex based rituals are fine with her. and finally her symbols are the dove, eight pointed star of astarte, and the vesica piscis. that should get you started. dont forget to splash your hands and face with water before rites to her, incense is an acceptable and appreciated sacrifice, and her day starts at night fall on thursday and ends every night fall on friday.
>>
Hi OP, follower of Minerva here. As >>17043763 said, learn as much as you can about your Goddess. If there are any traditional prayers to her, memorize them, though the Gods would likely be more open to a more sincere prayer that you some up with yourself. Find out what she likes best as offerings. In my case, Minerva accepts wine/spirits, and breads/cakes, either burnt, poured/buried into the earth, fed to wild animals, or left at an altar or temple honoring her. In the case of breads and cakes, whole offerings are accepted, but typically the first "bite" is given, tearing off a piece an offering and eating the rest for yourself. As for wine and spirits, the first drink placed into a saucer and left to evaporate while the rest is for yourself.

Your Goddess may like something different for her offerings though, which is up to you to find out. Study up, make your offerings, and try to live a lifestyle that would make her proud. I chose Minerva because I love and value knowledge and wisdom above all else, and am a practicing martial artist from a military family. The ideals and practices I already have are what determined the God/Goddess I chose to worship primarily.

Good luck, OP, and ignore the monofags who will try to tell you that anyone but their bloodthirsty monster of a god is evil. They are just ignorant.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (16KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
16KB, 200x200px
>>17043761
>mfw I realized Roman gods were the original example of cultural appropriation
>>
>>17043794
She gave Pygmalion his waifu so I don't see why not.
>>
>>17043614
Become A E S T H E T I C
>>
>>17045124
>gif
>still image
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.