[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is the technological singularity inevitable?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: singularity-epocks.jpg (94KB, 500x389px) Image search: [Google]
singularity-epocks.jpg
94KB, 500x389px
Is the technological singularity inevitable?
>>
>technological singularity
>any kind of singularity

do you people not understand what "determinism" technological or not means? this shit has been discussed in academia to death and is quite a boring topic yet uneducated people keep bringing it up because someone came up with a new name for it
>>
File: 7963542_c501a4a14b_b.jpg (239KB, 1024x992px) Image search: [Google]
7963542_c501a4a14b_b.jpg
239KB, 1024x992px
Does a bear shit in the woods?
>>
>>17042723
Yeah, uneducated people asking about something like this, definitely a reason to be pissed. Moron. At least he's not sitting around only worried about getting laid. Jaded assholes like you are the cancer.
>>
>>17042723
>quite a boring topic
>everyone is here to amuse me
>>
>>17043001
>>17043004
people in the 80-90's looked at technological progress and said "hey by the 2020 we'll be on mars billy!!"

that's you today when talking about AI, super intelligence and singularities - let me spoil it for you: the next 20 years are going to be real boring, more than you can imagine
>>
File: 121312378786.jpg (26KB, 492x340px) Image search: [Google]
121312378786.jpg
26KB, 492x340px
ProTip: If your chart is of questionable validity make it real small and low res, then it is hard for people to read it. And thus hard to repudiate!

[ pic related ]
>>
>>17042683

Cosmic octaves, not 6 epochs
>>
Race war and terrorists will put a dent in technological development, not that we haven't been lagging already. We used to go to the moon. People actually used to walk on the moon.
>>
>>17043102
no they didnd :D

thads the gubmint ilumanady lies :DD

ged dhe fug out shill :DD
>>
>>17043239
*zhill
>>
>>17042683
Epoch four and six don't actually exist. They're sort of jagged in there where they don't belong. The previous three phases of evolution as correct, but the author of that pic is gravely mistaken about the nature of consciousness, intelligence, and algorithms-based intellect, all of which are three separate things.

Epoch five is the true fourth and final epoch.
>>
>>17043102

war or economic depression hasn't slowed technological progress in the last 500 years. I don't know about the middle ages, but I don't think it really did then either.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.