[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /x/! Can somebody decipher this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

File: 390px-340-cipher-hi-resolution.jpg (101KB, 390x600px) Image search: [Google]
390px-340-cipher-hi-resolution.jpg
101KB, 390x600px
Hi /x/!

Can somebody decipher this?
>>
File: zoidac.jpg (301KB, 640x874px) Image search: [Google]
zoidac.jpg
301KB, 640x874px
OP just recently learned about The Zodiac Killer.
>>
>>17039751
troll post?

for anyone who doesn't immediately recognize it, it's the zodiac killer's coded letter.

http://zodiackillerciphers.com/wiki/index.php?title=Unsolved_340-character_cipher

we can talk about zodiac theories in thread if anyone cares.
>>
just turn it sideways duh
>>
>>17039766
Do you think he's died by now?
>>
File: DeM4OPW.jpg (242KB, 1058x794px) Image search: [Google]
DeM4OPW.jpg
242KB, 1058x794px
here is a possible solution i found on the internet

also zodiac general as suggested
>>
http://www.oranchak.com/zodiac/webtoy/
>>
>>17039775
probably
>>
>>17039780 #
That is a shitty solution boy boy.

Anyone have an opinion on the "theory" he/they weren't above average intelligence and at least some cyphers are just bogus?

From some of the info out there, I think it looks like at least two involved, with signs one or more wasn't infallible.
>>
The letter was hand written.
Mr. Zodeac is human, he makes mistakes.
Odds are he made a small typo that made the whole message unreadable.
Once he found out, he was so embarrassed that he couldn't bring himself to send in a corrected letter.
However, with an unsolvable letter, his whole game was ruined, so all he could do was walk away from it all and try to forget it ever happened.
Mystery solved.
>>
dang now I just want to watch the movie
>>
>>17040805
that´s true. but he wanted to gain publicity through his letters so i think he double checked them very often. don´t think he is the type of guy that makes mistakes
>>
>>17040728
He wasn't a genius, and people who romanticize serial killers by claiming they are all geniuses are idiots who believe movies too much. But to give credit where it is due the Zodiac seemed like a clever enough guy, though the cypher that was actually figured out ended up being relatively simple, from what I understand (not a cypher expert here).

The other ones were too small to be figured out and are likely just nonsense that he sent out to fuck with people, he did like to troll.
>>
>>17040805
his decoded letter has typos and a school teacher still figured it out in like one day
>>
It's not decipherable. He got butthurt by how quickly the first cipher was decoded and made a bullshit one that nobody would be able to crack in order to continue feeling superior to the SFPD.
>>
Anybody thinking this guy was some genius for eluding the police for so long clearly never followed the BTK case. He eventually did himself in because he didn't know shit about computers, but up until that point he was an enigma. Turned out to be far from genius.

>>17039775
Yeah, he's probably dead. I don't think his identity will ever be conclusively solved. That won't stop various people from claiming their father/brother/best friend/grandpa etc was the Zodiac.
>>
>>17039761
Effay inspo
>>
KILL SLF DR HELP ME KILL MYSELF GAS CHAMBER AEIOUR DAYS QUESTIONSABLE EVERYY WAKING MOMENT IM ALIVE MY PRIDE LOST I CANT GO ON LIVING IN THIS WAY KILLING PEOPLE I HAV KILLD SO MANY PEOPLE CANT HELP MYSELF IM SO ANGRY I COULD DO MY THING IM ALONE IN THIS WORLD MY WHOLE LIFE FUL O LIES IM UNABLE TO STOP BY THE TIME YOU SOLVE THIS I WILL HAV KILLD ELEVEN PEOPLE PLEASE HELP ME STOP KILLING PEOPLE PLEASE. MY NME IS LEIGHT ALLN"

Not too hard to figure out anon.
>>
>>17042891
>BTK case
lol, dennis rader asked the police, if he can send his writings in on a floppy disk and if they could backtrace it
>>
>>17042901
the caesar cipher used here, doesn´t follow a certain pattern. it´s interrupted several times
>>
File: TheBerensteinBears.jpg (191KB, 622x598px) Image search: [Google]
TheBerensteinBears.jpg
191KB, 622x598px
>>17039751
well some guy allegedly solved it >>17042901
and I never heard about any debunking
>>
>>17042901
try to tip it in this mask: http://www.oranchak.com/zodiac/webtoy/

it doesn´t make sense
>>
>>17042929
Yes, that would be what that post was referring to.

>>17042901
The FBI looked at this and quickly deemed that the guy who "solved" it was being way too liberal in his methods. Essentially, using a similar method to him, you could get the cipher to say virtually whatever you wanted.
>>
man, this zodiac case is far more complex than i thought.

so many suspects:
rick marshall
ross sullivan
arthur leigh allen
lawrence kane
>>
>>17042843
Also look at the differences between the targets, particularly the early couple in the car. The "first" case.
>>
File: 1447621325672.jpg (17KB, 560x400px) Image search: [Google]
1447621325672.jpg
17KB, 560x400px
What if there are multiple ciphers used at once?
Like one word can be decoded with one cipher but the next word needs another cipher?
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 200x252px
Hold up, peeps. The P-Funk got this.
>>
>>17042843
>people who romanticize serial killers by claiming they are all geniuses are idiots who believe movies too much.

People laud serial killers as geniuses because they're bombarded by propaganda on all sides regarding the efficacy of their given judicial system, and have a hard time reconciling with the fact that any average joe could kill any other average joe at any time, and that any average joe could kill any number of average joes and have good odds of getting away with it as long as he picked his joes indiscriminately.

Can't fault people for being lied to all their life.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.