[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would some practicing buddhist answer my questions about mantra/visualisation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 12

Would some practicing buddhist answer my questions about mantra/visualisation practices?
>>
Moo.
>>
File: madala3.jpg (576KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
madala3.jpg
576KB, 700x700px
>>
Sure. I didn't expect to come across this here haha! I practice Tibetan Buddhism, the Gelugpa lineage specifically. Also thats a great image of Milerepa, thanks for sharing.
>>
File: red_dakini_tj05.jpg (107KB, 480x700px) Image search: [Google]
red_dakini_tj05.jpg
107KB, 480x700px
>>
Also If you would like you can email me at [email protected]
>>
>>
>>17039663
I feel a HUGE (when I mean huge I mean that just by looking at the pictures, my heart or solar plexus chakra starts to vibrate like crazy) connection to both Avalokitesvara (especially in the form of Guanyin/Kuan Yin) and Ratnasambhava (especially in his emanation of the Yellow Dzambhala). Is it okay to practice mantras and visualisations to both of them every day? Or should I practice visualisation on one of them and mantra on another?
>>
File: om2022.jpg (164KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
om2022.jpg
164KB, 768x1024px
>>
>>
>>17039684
Yes definitely! You do not need empowerment to do either of their mantras. For the visualization you can do a front-generation practice, where you visualize them in front of you. Self-generation requires an empowerment/initiation though. Its beneficial to have a teacher explain the mantra or practice to you but not necessary. When I first encountered Buddhism I was very drawn to Avalokiteshvara as well, its a very good sign if you are drawn to a particular Buddha. If you would like I can post a link to some sadhanas, or meditation practices, associated with them. Feel free to contact me whenever you like if you have any more questions.
>>
>>17039716
> If you would like I can post a link to some sadhanas, or meditation practices, associated with them.
Yes, please.
Actually It'd be quite a bit more comfortable for me to have different techniques for each one of them, because carrying two pictures with me to the woods to look at them while intonating the mantra seems much more inconvenient to me than carrying just one. I feel like the Yellow Dzambhala is somehow connected to my ability to read sheet music, if that's anything that would help you to give me more precise information.
I want to join the Dzogczen sangha in my city, so far we're only doing mandala dances but we'll have a meeting with an actual buddhist teacher explaining the sutras in two weeks.
>>
File: jgsd.jpg (95KB, 408x512px) Image search: [Google]
jgsd.jpg
95KB, 408x512px
>>
>>17039684
Here is a practice for Dzambala. You can skip the Torma sections.

http://www.tsemrinpoche.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/prayers-and-sadhanas/sadhana-prayers.html#14
>>
>>17039729
The Sadhanas I'm familiar with are from the Gelug tradition, but I'm sure they differ very little from the ones used by the Dzogchen center. Dzambala could definitely be related to that for you, he (along with Ratnasambhava in general) represent the energy of increase, such as an increase in good karma, wealth (material or spiritual) and knowledge. I'll find an Avalokiteshvara Sadhana for you as well, I remeber seeing one in one of my Teacher's books he offers for free online.
>>
>>17039729
Volume 3 of the book should have a sadhana for Avalokiteshvara. The first two volumes are an amazing read as well, they encompass the whole of Tibetan Buddhism. In my practice I've found that it is beneficial to remember that all Buddhas are inseparable from each other. They have the same essence, and differ only in aspect. In my practice I do the Guru Yoga of Je Tsongkhapa and a generation practice of another Buddha, but if I only have time for one I visualize them as one in the same. Hope this is helpful!
>>
File: image.jpg (374KB, 731x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
374KB, 731x1024px
>>
File: image.jpg (332KB, 758x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
332KB, 758x1024px
>>
File: image.jpg (284KB, 691x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
284KB, 691x1024px
>>
File: image.jpg (433KB, 794x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
433KB, 794x1024px
In this image are also Mahakala below on the left and I believe Yellow Tara on the right.
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 469x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 469x720px
Statue of the Buddha Vajrayogini. According to legend, this particular statue has spoken to highly realized practitioners.
>>
>>17039760
> I remeber seeing one in one of my Teacher's books he offers for free online.
Could you post a link?
>>
>>17039944
Sorry about that, I forgot to paste it lol. Here it is:
http://emodernbuddhism.com/download-free-modern-buddhism-ebooks.html
>>
>>17039654
>>17039729
I am from the Karma Kagyu lineage.
Here are some visualisation instructions/tips on Chenrezig that I received from my Guru.

"
Before starting the practice make sure you generate the right motivation.
This can be done by reciting the Chenrezig mantra, taking Refuge in the 3 jewels, and doing prostrations.
Remember that you do this practice to relieve the suffering of all sentient beings, and generate Bodhicitta(unconditional compassion).
During and before the practice try to visualize all sentient beings around you, from small insects to people you dislike.

Dont worry about getting the visuals very accurate the first times. Things will automatically come to you the more you concentrate.
First start with the normal samadhi meditation. Focus on the breath. After one has achieved concentration start by visualising the general 'outer' shape of the body. Then slowly start filling in the details, like jewelry, clothing, facial expression, and so forth.
Chenrezig is the manifestation of the compassion of all Buddhas. Chenrezig sits on a white flawless moon disk; on top of a lotus flower. Its back is also supported by a flawless moon disk.
In the right hand is a mala that is used to count the 'OM MANI PADME HUM' mantra.
In the left hand is a lotus flower.
The other 2 arms are holding a wish granting jewel.
On the head of Chenrezig sits Buddha Amitabha.
The body of Chenrezig is made of semi-transparant pure white light.

To merge your mindstream with the mindstream of Chenrezig see infront of you Chenrezig that is emitting a beam of light from its forehead to your forehead. Once the beam is absorbed by your body, both you and Chenrezig begin radiating a pure, infinite, boundless white light troughout the cosmos that reaches all sentient beings.

Your body is an illusion and your true body is the body of Chenrezig.
Your mind is an illusion and your true mind is the mind of Chenrezig."
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.