[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Time perception

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1445726664587.jpg (67KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1445726664587.jpg
67KB, 640x640px
Why does time perception change based on your emotions?

I understand time doesn't actually change, but your perception sure does in my opinion

and our only grasp of time is in our perception, so it might aswell change for us?

Why is it that right now, an hour passed faster than ever but when I'm at work 10 minutes feels just about the same?
>>
>Why does my brain lose track of time when I'm busy?

C'mon man. Think. There's your answer. Took me under a minute.
>>
Time is relative as there is no such thing as time as it is infinite and naught. Your perception of time is based upon the number of associations you have at a given moment.
>>
>>17038914
It's nothing to do with relativity you fucking dunce. He isn't travelling at the speed of light. He's stationary. The brain doesn't affect relativity.

Duhhhhhhhh
>>
>>17038904

Relativity son. Einstein had the same thoughts you are having.

I read somewhere that man's perception of time is somehow related to how we interpret the events that take place around us, and if we could then somehow adjust our common perceptions of said event then we could essentially adjust time.

That being said, this is also from the line of thinking that clocks and monitors of time exists solely to maintain the illusion that time is a fixed concept.

It has gotten to the point where humanity has practically based every action taken to the number on the clock.

This is concluded by the author saying that people devoid of the concept of time can technically live as long as they way.

Take that as you will.
>>
>>17038904
According to relativity, the faster your brain is going, the less time you experience.
>>
>>17038941

Does that mean that more intelligent people die faster?

Intelligent people get less "living" for their time?
>>
>>17038931

>live as long as they way

wat
>>
>>17038924
I can tell you haven't a clue what you're talking about.
>>
>>17038931
What this guy said OP.

I work nights as fuck, I wake up as the sun is just starting to go down (I live at the beach so it takes awhile) do security from 8 pm to 2 am and then go fold and deliver newspapers, I don't normally get home till around 7 in the morning and I stay up till probably around noon (9:45 now) and then I wake up the same day I went to sleep.

Its a weird concept, and I just learned that time is fake as fuck. Really think about it, other planets are trillions of years older than earth right? Is that measured in earth years or other planet years? Time is bullshit, my yesterday is normally today still. Shit makes no sense.
>>
>>17038966

As long as they *want. My bad.

As long as they want as long as they can somehow perceive time as moving at the pace they want, or moving exclusively to them.
>>
>>17038975

You got the idea. Time is something we made up to make calculating when things happen easier.

Sadly, by accident or design is up for debate, humanity have come to interpret it as an absolute, and thus calculate the average of how long we "should" be alive.

Once you spend your entire life with that mentality, and it's enforced by every single other person on the planet, as well as every piece of media, you'd be surprised how effective it can be.

If you don't believe in the concept of perception effecting reality, you can go look up that experiment where a hundred tiny metal balls can either fall into a left cylinder or a right one at random, and by "wanting" the balls to fall into the left or right, humans can essentially manipulate odds.

It's quite cool, and when you apply that principle to something as restrictive as time, you can redpill yourself pretty hard.
>>
>>17038992
Yeah its crazy how you get to think about things when you're browsing /x/ at 4 in the morning for insightful situations. I think a couple week long hallucinogen trips where I didn't sleep upwards of 3 days tripping fat dick on acid helped me realize a lot about the world, some of it was drugged out bullshit but some things make sense still when you're sober and you're like "woah fuck I'm like a philosopher man"

But you only end up philosophising with random /x/philes :l
>>
ITT: we say everything about what is essentially nothing.
>>
>>17038904
It has nothing to do with the relative concept of Einstein, you fucktards. The time is objective in the sense, it is outside of ourselfs.
Our perseption of time flow is subjective. Thats why when ypu are having fun, lets say you are with your weekend babe... damn those minutes fall like flies... and seconds on work seem to last for ever. BUt it is only subjective persepction, when you enjoy you are not thinking on the time, just the moment, when you are borred, or annoyed all you want is that to end.
>>
File: down to the middle.png (132KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
down to the middle.png
132KB, 360x360px
>>
time can be perceived to be lengthened or shortened depending on what the viewer is experiencing. example a whole night of celebration could pass very quickly compared to a relatively short wait at the dmv. do you remember staring at the clock in highschool cringing at how slow it appeared to move when the last few minutes arrived. suspense and anticipation
>>
>>17038904
Emotion isn't made of any of the things you think it might be made of. Emotions are made of logic in body mind AND soul. Logic doesn't exist beyond the mind so we wrap ourselves in shells of logic that we use to keep ourselves aligned to common geometric planes called "realities." These realities are the logic that composes our minds into forms compatible with the calculation of emotions. Without a binding plane for common formatting of the logical structures defining multi-being interaction we'd only feel our own thoughts about ourselves in a timeless forever of infinite agony and imperishable joy. Since this is undesirable for many notable and unnoticeable souls, the Fae are at work creating worlds compatible with every type of soul we can place our hands on. When we have hands, of course.

Time is another form of logic that we use to make reality tick towards a future compatible with eternal coexistence without rejecting souls or other methods of generating reality. Emotions and time share a common computational structure in the guiding principles of the reality matrix. Sorry if you thought the golden ratio was relevant, it's not.

Time is technically an emotion. It's the bonds we form as individuals within a time field that make us vulnerable to catastrophic emotional meltdowns. If we could return to a permanent timeless state, we would have done so before we set reality in motion.

At any given moment you have the opportunity to experience the forward passage of time or you can feel any emotion you so please. To experience both at the same time would require another entity to maintain your perception of time while you feel the emotions you would otherwise wish to feel.

If you don't believe me, make a wish upon yourself to fall once more from the confines of this cage.

Time is defined as your perception of time. It's like asking why your emotions change based on your emotions.
>>
>>17038975
It makes sense if you understand circular reasoning.
>>
>>17041032
>These realities are the logic that composes our minds into forms compatible with the calculation of emotions.
>Time is another form of logic that we use to make reality tick towards a future compatible with eternal coexistence without rejecting souls or other methods of generating reality.
>Time is technically an emotion.
>If you don't believe me, make a wish upon yourself to fall once more from the confines of this cage.

http://journal.sjdm.org/15/15923a/jdm15923a.pdf
>>
>>17041065
>If you don't believe me
I see you missed the experimental procedure.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.