[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hermetic Magick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: postmodern papyrus.jpg (53KB, 306x500px) Image search: [Google]
postmodern papyrus.jpg
53KB, 306x500px
Hi, /x/. Recently, I've bought a book that contains a large list of Hermetic ritualistic magick. These spells are taken in context of the Corpus Hermeticum and the Greek Magickal Papyrus.
Such spells range from protection; invoking vision, appearing in the dreams of a certain someone, to attaining a daimon (similar to a familiar spirit or monadic personal spirit), to attract lovers, etc etc.
It also has detailed sections regarding historical nuances-- whether it be the many cosmologies that come together to form working Hermetic thought (such as Egyptian, Greek, and Gnostic schools), or simply the major gods of each individual cosmology.

So, what I'll be doing today-- I'll let you anons ask if there's a certain spell for a certain purpose in the book, and I'll post the details of how to perform it.

Just know that many of these spells require intimate rituals, and may require items that are not readily available.

Anyways, let's get to it.
>>
I'd like to read about the "appearing in someone's dream" spell, Thoth.
>>
>>17031312
Good day.

I'd like to know if there's anything about manifesting (or invoking vision?) a spirit such as a guide or familiar.
>>
>>17031332
Cool. The original spell for this has the magician speaking into a consecrated lamp in order to achieve the desired effect; however, in the spirit of Hermetic thought, in that each initiate can, for theirself, create their own practices to a degree; I believe any sacred object would work. I whispered the invocation below into my bag of runes, for instance.

Here's the text:
"If you wish to appear to someone at night in his or her dreams, magically address your lamp on a nightly basis with this invocation:

CHEINOPSEI ERPEOTH, let [insert name], whom [insert their mother's name] bore, see me in his/her dreams. Ede, ede-- tachy, tachy!(literally means Now, now-- quick quick!)"

You can add in any other meaning you'd like before the dismissal of "ede, ede", should you wish. Let me know if you need any clarification.

>>17031344
Let me look through the book. There are spells that are similar in purpose, but let me try to find one that fits that exact meaning and find you the closest I can.
>>
>>17031344
Alright, I have two that may apply to you.
One is an invocation of visions from Helios or Menke; the other is petitioning Anubis for visions and guidance.

Personally, as an embalmer, I prefer to work with Anubis, but I'll let you tell me your preference before I take the time to type it all out.
>>
>>17031392
>>17031344
Well, I'll just post the one for Anubis, given your silence. Someone will make use of it.

"The magician should be pure for three days before undertaking this ritual. (no sex, no meats)

1. Perform your usual rite of purification
2.Pour rainwater into a copper vessel, and make an offering of frankincense in your brazier on your altar.
3. Now speak the invocation:
"Let the earth be still, let the air be still, let the sea be still, let the winds also be still, and not disturb me during this, my divination-- no sound, no loud cry, no whistling. For I am a prophet, and since I am about to call a terrible fearful name: KOLLA OLPHILOGEMALA ACHEROIO, open up the holy temple, which is the cosmic order, constructed over the earth-- and give welcome to Osiris, for I am MANCHNOBISE CHOLCHOBE MALASET IAT THANNOUITA KERTOMENOU PAKEROAO KRANASIRAT MOMOMO MELASOUT PEU PHRE. Open my ears so that thou canst reveal to me what I desire about those matters I ask thee about! Come forth, come forth-- Ede, ede -- tachy tachy! And speak to me concerning those things about which I questioned thee. Appear to me, lord Anubis, I command thee, for I am IEO BELPHENO, who is inquiring about this matter.

4. Wait in silence for the god to speak to you within your heart and mind, if he does not, repeat the formula above.

5. Once he has spoken, and you are satisfied with his revelation, close the rite and dismiss the god by saying:
"Go away Anubis, to thine own thrones, for the sake of my health and well-being."

With all that being said, I'm going to take a nap. Will return later to provide more info, should it be sought.
>>
>>17031447
Sorry, had to go help with something.

Thank you for the spell. I'll give it a try, but what if I don't pronounce the words right? Are they close to sounding like Greek or Latin?
>>
>>17031312
how do I get an entity to go full paranormal activity on someone?
>>
>>17031569
It's more like Greek. For yours specifically, there's a mix of Greek, Egyptian, and Hebrew.
>>
>>17031580
Just saw this. The text I have in the OP has no such spell, though there are incantations to interrupt others in their goals.

I can give you a way to do this, but I take no responsibility for whatever fuck ups you bring on yourself.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.