[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Falun Gong

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 11

File: Falun_Gong_Logo.svg.png (175KB, 2000x1994px) Image search: [Google]
Falun_Gong_Logo.svg.png
175KB, 2000x1994px
Let's discuss Falun Gong, /x/!

>What is Falun Gong?
Falun Gong or Falun Dafa (literally, "Dharma Wheel Practice" or "Law Wheel Practice") is a Chinese spiritual practice that combines meditation and qigong exercises with a moral philosophy centered on the tenets of Truthfulness, Compassion, and Forbearance (Chinese: 真、善、忍). The practice emphasizes morality and the cultivation of virtue, and identifies as a qigong practice of the Buddhist school, though its teachings also incorporate elements drawn from Taoist traditions. Through moral rectitude and the practice of meditation, practitioners of Falun Gong aspire to better health and, ultimately, spiritual enlightenment.

Falun Gong was first taught publicly in Northeast China in 1992 by Li Hongzhi. It emerged toward the end of China's "qigong boom"—a period which saw the proliferation of similar practices of meditation, slow-moving exercises and regulated breathing. It differs from other qigong schools in its absence of fees or formal membership, lack of daily rituals of worship, its greater emphasis on morality, and the theological nature of its teachings. Western academics have described Falun Gong as a qigong discipline, a "spiritual movement", a "cultivation system" in the tradition of Chinese antiquity, or as a form of Chinese religion.

cont.

>Also many discussions of Falun Gong leads to ploitical quarreling. Please don't involve (pro- or anti-China) politics. If you're interested in the background of this problem, follow this link https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Falun_Gong
>>
So I heard about Falun Gong first in a few years ago but then I didn't find it interesting.

Now I've studied it more and I think it's worth a try.
They say more people practice it in the world than Tai Chi, which is fascinating.

Also most practitioners say that Falun Gong really makes you healthier, it's not just made up.

This path is, however, really pacifist.
Almost too pacifist.
(Most of its ethical background comes from Buddhism.)
You don't hurt anyone, even if they hurt you.
You have to act like a saint.

The spiritual background is mixed: Buddhist and Taoist.

They believe that if you practice Falun Gong you can actually manifest "supernatural" powers (but you shouldn't make set this as your goal - see the part about ethics).
>>
File: Five_Exercises_of_Falun_Dafa.jpg (182KB, 726x726px) Image search: [Google]
Five_Exercises_of_Falun_Dafa.jpg
182KB, 726x726px
Are there any Falun Gong practitioners on /x/?

Any experiences?
Is it really as good as it sounds?
>>
>>17019538

A good introduction video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJ-A6xY47jc

The terms can be pretty difficult to understand at first (to most of us Westeners), but the exercises are far more easier than basic Tai Chi, for example.
>>
>posting on /卐/
>>
The most "paranormal" aspect of Falun Dafa is that they do it for free.
All their gatherings, all the group exercises, everything.

And the manual strictly forbids the practitioners to ask money or gifts for teaching or helping others.

No wonder it became such a big thing in China: it was free, it gave people a moral compass and they became much healthier.
>>
File: falun_gong_symbol_by_waste84.jpg (97KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
falun_gong_symbol_by_waste84.jpg
97KB, 1024x768px
>>17019575
>卐

The main symbol of the practice is the Falun (Dharma wheel, or Dharmacakra in Sanskrit). In Buddhism, the Dharmacakra represents the completeness of the doctrine. To "turn the wheel of dharma" (Zhuan Falun) means to preach the Buddhist doctrine, and is the title of Falun Gong's main text. Despite the invocation of Buddhist language and symbols, the law wheel as understood in Falun Gong has distinct connotations, and is held to represent the universe. It is conceptualized by an emblem consisting of one large and four small Swastika symbols, representing the Buddha, and four small Taiji (yin-yang) symbols of the Daoist tradition.
>>
>>17019538
>Chinese anything
I bet you think ground up baby powder will strenghten your hardons too.
>>
File: gges.gif (2MB, 320x200px) Image search: [Google]
gges.gif
2MB, 320x200px
>>17019583
>>
File: 1448458491361.jpg (113KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1448458491361.jpg
113KB, 640x480px
>>17019583
>Saying "Chinese anything" on a Chinese pottery forum

Oh, boy!
>>
Oh great, another cult promoting itself and trying to recruit on /x/.

Anybody remember the time scientology was here?
>>
>>17019619

It's not a cult and I'm not promoting it.

I started to learn it and I'm just curious what others think about it.

I had to explain the anons what Falun Gong is, because I suspected many of you don't know this path yet.

It's a spiritual / paranormal themed thing amd /x/ is a paranormal board.
>>
>>17019626
The only people who says a cult is not a cult are the cult members.
>>
>>17019631
>The only people who says a cult is not a cult are the cult members.

That's not logic - that's false accusation.

Anyway: why would Falun Gong be a cult, really?

It's just a form of qi gong.
People doing morning exercises to become healthier, and that's it.
>>
Where can we check out the exercices?
>>
>>17019642
That's it?
Typical of cult members to leave things out until members have reached a certain level, eh?
>>
>>17019649
>Where can we check out the exercices?

It's on Youtube.

I'll post the first I found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uy0MfOS25Rs

>>17019664
>That's it?

It's basically Buddhist ethics with Taoist world-view.

Also they believe energy, virtue and mystic powers are constantly growing inside the practitioners.

>Typical of cult members to leave things out until members have reached a certain level, eh?

I still can't understand why do you think it's a cult.
It's really not.
There are no levels, secrets or other weird stuff.

It's just like any qi gong systems, only this time with Buddhist elements.
>>
>>17019649
>Where can we check out the exercices?

Also there are a few books about Falun Gong and in their main books (I don't even know the title, found it only a few days ago) they describe these exercises more.

You can download them free (sorry, don't know the links, check Google).
>>
File: falun gong.jpg (39KB, 446x383px) Image search: [Google]
falun gong.jpg
39KB, 446x383px
>>17019553
>>
>>17019705

Ok, I found it.

It's called Zhuan Falun, the first of this list here: http://en.falundafa.org/falun-dafa-books.html
>>
>>17019774

Even simple qi gong or t'ai chi has that move, dude.

Buddhas and Boddhisattvas also pictured with a posititon like that - one hand points to the Sky, one hand points to the Earth.
Yin and Yang, male and female, etc...

Also Baphomet is not a satanic symbol, it represents duality, life force, etc.
>>
>>17019781
i know about the baphomet already
>>
>>17019786
>i know about the baphomet already

Oh, I thought you want to say Falun Gong is satanic or something like that.

My mistake, then - sorry!
>>
>>17019791
i think the dude calling it a cult is joking
>>
>>17019792
Well the chinese embassy isn't. Check this out guys

>Some people committed suicide or became psychopathic after practicing Falun Gong, and others even turned into cold-blood killers. There are numerous cases demonstrating the disastrous effects of Falun Gong.

www.china-embassy.org/eng/zt/ppflg/t36564.htm

What the hell have I stumbled upon. They hate his guts, claim he is a charlatan and issued a warrant for his arrest.
>>
Oh man, this is the group they persecuted in China and used the praticioners to get healthy organs for transplants.Jesus Christ OP...I had almost forgot about this shit.

Basically you could get cheaper transplants and basically schedule a procedure like a heart transplant like one month before, (which is usually impossible because they should not know when a heart is gonna be avaliable).

The thing was these guy's group grew big and they had big public pratices so the communist though conspiracy for sure and went down on them, banned the pratice and enprisioned loads of people, like thousands.
They they start using them basically as organ doners agaisnt their will, they'd kill them before the procedure and harvest the organs.
International doctors started getting sharp because of the amount of people going to China for transplants, the schedule before time thing, and because of medical research that started to show on China of, for example, extensve skin transplant, which was unheard of before because it was not possible to harvest such an amount of skin, unless you had basically human guinea pigs.

shit fuck cocksucking
WHY did you make me remember this shit?
>>
>>17019810

Ok, here we go - I said "no politics" in OP for a reason.

Falun Gong received a warm welcome from the Chinese Government around 1992.
Then Chinese politics has changed and they decided that Falun Gong is bad, so they started to kill the practitioners and giving a bad name to the system in Western societies.

Chinese "shills" invaded forums around the Internet and they spread rumors like "Falun Gong is a cult", "Falun Gong is evil", etc.

Unfortunately Falun Gong became an anti-Chinese propaganda machine thanks to these shills.
When you search for their sites, mostly you find videos about how cruel China is and how the government commit crimes against humanity.

While I think the practitioners are absolutely right, the "shills" already won: you can't even see the system behind the (righteous) propaganda.

Links: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Falun_Gong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6-eo6bh87g

So it'd be good if our thread could just ignore politics.
>>
File: TaiwanGroupPractice_big.jpg (2MB, 7009x4784px) Image search: [Google]
TaiwanGroupPractice_big.jpg
2MB, 7009x4784px
>>17019844

It's a tragic story, indeed.
I heard the same about it, too.

Still I hope there'll be Qi Gong or T'ai Chi practitioners in this thread so we can discuss this interesting system.
>>
>>17019856
>So it'd be good if our thread could just ignore politics.
This is some Mengele tier shit OP we can't ignore this.
>>
>>17019873
>This is some Mengele tier shit OP we can't ignore this.

Oh no, you misunderstand me: I don't ignore this problem in general, but I didn't start this thread to discuss politics.

If I'd want to do that, I'd start a thread on /pol/.
This is /x/, so I'd like to talk about Qi Gong here.

(But, as I said, I absolutely agree with you.)
>>
File: carally-02[1].jpg (2MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
carally-02[1].jpg
2MB, 2816x2112px
>>17019890
Realize that Anons are edgelords and the fact that practicing Falun Gong in China will get your organs harvested is by far the quickest way to get them interested.
>>
>>17019844
>>17019873
>>17019905

>be China
>let qi gong practitioners do their exercises
>suddenly it's to popular (also some politicians want more power via the military)
>let's kill and torture them (also people will fear you more, which is good)
>when you examine the bodies you find that these people really became healthier
>lol, use them as organ donors
>harvest practitioners
>profit

China, ladies and gentlemen.
>>
I did this for a while

I found it to be really beneficial for my total well being

They do believe some weird stuff about cultivating interdimensional aliens in your belly vy doing the exercises. I believe the aliens were benign and u are supposed to have a symbiotic relation with it.
That's pretty far out but the exercises do work really good nonetheless
>>
>>17020040
>cultivating interdimensional aliens in your belly
I read something aliens interdimensional beings in this guys introduction of the book.
More info on this?
>>
>>17020040
>>17020076

OP here - I just finished the book yesterday and this is my interpretation:

1, This "interdimensional alien" thing is basically karma. It is described as some kinda black, "evil" entity that clings on us and causes all the bad stuff.

2, This Qi Gong path has had only one teacher and one student, until 1992, when the new master (the founder) decided to go public and teach a lot of people.

Now this school believed in a typical Taoist teaching metod: the master has an "extra" something (energy, spirit or whatever) inside him, a symbol of their line.
When the master makes the student the new teacher, this extra something goes from the master into the new teacher.

Now the founder says that everyone who practices Falun Gong receives this energy / spirit thing and it helps you in your progress.

(Also he says that because it's not a single master-student relationship, the effects became weaker, like a river that splits into smaller streams)
>>
File: yoda_large.jpg (121KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
yoda_large.jpg
121KB, 480x320px
>>17020126
>(Also he says that because it's not a single master-student relationship, the effects became weaker, like a river that splits into smaller streams)
So literally you are saying

>Always two there are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice.
>>
>>17020172

Yes. :)

It's a common Taoist method.
The "transaction" is usually takes place when the teacher is dying.
He "gives" the line's spiritual core to its successor with a special ritual.
>>
>>17020186
Very interesting, sometimes i think i could really use a master. Atleast for focus and discipline, or maybe just to have something to point you in the direction you should look sometimes.
I guess we tend to play that role for one another around here, and that was a more traditional way of doing it.
>>
File: 125176484522.png (108KB, 600x527px) Image search: [Google]
125176484522.png
108KB, 600x527px
>>17019538

Chi Gong is more about bringing about a calmer state of mind. Everything else is conjecture.

That being said, I volunteered with a legal aide group, and we worked briefly with a Canadian Missionary group that did a lot of work in China. One of of their jobs was liaising with local Fa Long Gong sympathizers as an independent study to see whether or not their allegations of political and religious freedom suppression were legit. They also talked to officials, and locals to gather their perspective.

They came to one conclusion for certain: and that Fa Long Gong is indeed a cult. They had ALL the hallmarks of Christian cults that sprang up in America (think People's Temple and The Mason Family). In that practitioners were encouraged to not seek medical attention for themselves or their family members should one of them became ill. They were also encouraged to donate large sums of money, move their place of residence to designated compounds, and were often roped into pyramid schemes to promote the sale of holistic remedies and spirit wards.

The spiritual side, like with most cults, is simply a front.
>>
>>17020200

I'm always suspicious with China, but I tend to agree: after reading their main book, I can say they really believe in the superiority of ethics (we're talking about a "spiritual moral" power here), and - just as dogmatic Christians - they believe their spiritual superiority is the true "good", while the material side of reality is "evil".

Otherwise I don't know if they'r cult-ish or not.

But maybe simple Westeners benefit only from this system's better side - which is simple Qi Gong.

Let's face it: you could act like a bigot with basically everything, anyway.
>>
>>17019583
is this very fine baby powder or powder made from ground up babies? my hardons are super strong already but i need to know for science.
>>
>>17020222
>But maybe simple Westeners benefit only from this system's better side - which is simple Qi Gong.

Don't need to associate yourself with an alleged cult to regulate your "Chi".

Qigong info sessions and classes are dime-a-dozen here in LA. It's just meditation of sorts. Like yoga, but you run through slowed down martial arts stances instead.
>>
>>17019631
it's just cultivation of qi, like tai-chi and qiqong, you stupid fuck
>>
>>17019564
they're nice forms/mudras. I do baduanjin and some self-made neigong type sitting mudras. I can move bits of paper from that cultivation. i'll look into this. thanks. the aliens mentioned in a later post are most likely to be understood as pitris or deities, higher beings, what theosophy would call pitris, what anthroposophy would call higher beings or angels. they enter each mudra.
>>
A few years back, my mother an I went and saw shenyun, a stage performance featuring ethnic Chinese music and dances (which is so up my alley I can literally taste the paulownia.) turns out it was just a religious propaganda piece. It was a bit of a shock, and it felt out of place. Now, don't get me wrong, I understand and experience systematic religious oppression on a daily basis, so I'm sensitive to their plight, but I guarantee if they were to actually advertise the production as such, they would have better ticket sales.
China is in for an interesting few years, and I'm hoping everyone comes out on top.
>>
File: BuddhismSpreadMap.jpg (36KB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
BuddhismSpreadMap.jpg
36KB, 350x263px
>>17019548
>You have to act like a saint.
Whats wrong with this?
If everyone acted like a saint the world would be a better place.

IMHO I think Falun Gong is that special. Its just Buddhism in a new package?
Whats wrong with good old Buddhism or Doaism?
Falun Gong cant even be called a religion on its own. Its basically just another branch of Buddhism.

>>17020126
>It is described as some kinda black, "evil" entity that clings on us and causes all the bad stuff.
In Buddhism its called the mind becoming clouded. Exact same thing.

>the master has an "extra" something (energy, spirit or whatever) inside him, a symbol of their line. When the master makes the student the new teacher, this extra something goes from the master into the new teacher.

This is not "Typical Doaist". It's from the Vedic religions. It probably migrated to China.
Specifically in Buddhism this is when the student receives the empowerment and the guru and student merge their mindstreams.
The master already has merged his mindstream with either The Buddha or his guru, so that there is an unbroken lineage.

I dont have anything against Falun Gong or Daoism I am just saying its literally nothing new and just re-packaged.
>>
Literally the next Aum Shinrikyo, gassing the Tokyo subway with cyanide. I used to be a conspiracy edgelord, watched a documentary about Falun Dafa (I think it was called False Fire), which had me believing their claims that millions of Falun practitioners were being persecuted for organ harvesting and that they were harmless.

Still think that China cracks down on them way too hard and unethical, but they're a ticking time bomb imo. Only upside is that they're making a big impact against the Chinese communist party. They're more of a political movement on higher levels, like the Moonies, Scientology of fundies, just supported by a pyramid of more or less well meaning cultists that I feel bad for.
>>
There are some shady aspects about this. I heard something on a podcast.
Google about it
>>
Google falun gong organ harvesting
>>
They're also working with the Tuidang Movement, whenever there's a Tuidang rally, Falun Gong shows up. Sometimes they join Free Tibet groups, too. They're a political front to undermine China, and through Tuidang (very similar with their Jehova-Wittness-style propaganda) has gotten millions of people, even influential lawyers, doctors and business owners to resign from the CCP. They're sort of fading into oblivion, now, though.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.