[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old Gods

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

File: 170px-Velíz,_Veles.jpg (31KB, 170x416px) Image search: [Google]
170px-Velíz,_Veles.jpg
31KB, 170x416px
Are you praying to/know old gods? i'm gonna start with Veles, Slavic god of earth, underworld and death. Veles regularly sent spirits of the dead into the living world as his heralds. After Christianity took over a Slavic countries they identify Veles with saint Wlas(Błażej).
>>
You should not view multiple 'gods'. Understand the oneness of everything around you. The miracles that these gods are made to represent are all manifestations of the one higher power.
>>
Fuck off everybody. People should and can honer the Gods however they want. And what's better, to honor the gods of your forefathers, ancient lands, and ancient people. Norse Paganism for me. Your spirit and body will resonate more closely with the gods of your ancestors.
>>
Yes. Closest would be like Romuva but in 'our' way.
>>
Rock on Pagans.
>>
>>17011988
Polytheist will go to hell. Disbelievers in the oneness of god will go to hell.
>>
>>17012212
>Polytheist will go to hell

No they wont you dingus
>>
>>17012212
If that's the case then I'll be happy to be there, because that's where my family and many of my friends will be, and I'd rather be with them than in whatever fuckfest your monoshit god is cooking up while they're all down there.
>>
One only worships demigods for the gain the demigod presents.

They are genies in lamps that don't come out until you rub them.

They only affect the material relativity and only the Supreme God is the actual God who is capable of liberating your soul, and the real granter of gifts and blessing.
>>
>>17011988
Kemetic Reconstructionist checking in
>>
>>17011988
Yes its called Vishnu, Brahma, Shiva.
>>17012212
What if other Gods are mirror-like reflections of the One true God?
>>
I didn't know anything about Slavic Mythology until I saw this post and did some quick reading.

Very cool stuff, thank you for bringing this to my awareness, I feel more connected to my ancestors and more positive about my own spirituality whenever I am reminded about the beliefs, culture, art, etc. of the Bohemian people.
>>
>>17012565
If you came here just to have an argument then go somewhere else, we don't want it. If you came here to convert people, you're doing a horrible job of it.
You're like a child who attempts to beat all his friends in their game by simply claiming he's won by default. The only leg you stand on is convincing us of a sickness we don't fucking have, then offering a cure we don't really need. It's outright malicious, even if you can't understand why.
Please go away and find somebody who might actually be interested in your silliness, instead of bothering people who are clearly not.
>>
>>17012643
I am just telling you the truth.

Yeah there are many "gods" but there is the Supreme God, who is above all the demigods.

This is the Authority of God who is the Primary source of The Spirit.

Each demigods has a talent, but God as all talents.

As it is.
>>
>>17012655
"Nu-uh! My god is better than your god!"
Whatever you say, laddie. Come back when you have something meaningful to contribute instead of this yampy tosh.
>>
>>17012705
It's there whenever.
>>
File: 1441650117929.jpg (10KB, 255x238px) Image search: [Google]
1441650117929.jpg
10KB, 255x238px
>this thread
>>
>>17012334
Sometimes they do. Depends on the religion.
However: Neopagans are, more often then not, pathetic.
>>
>>17012709
This thread was started for the discussion of pagan gods, not for mardy monofags to parade around spating their prententious saviour shit. Go and discuss your supergod in a supergod thread, not here.
All I'm asking is that you stop being a git.
>>
>>17012602
>Kemetic Reconstructionism
Probably the most accurate neopagan religion. Still, how can you follow a religion while knowing that you are most likely doing it terribly wrong and therefore angering some gods.
>>
>>17012735
How so?
>>
>>17012736
Yeah because a Super God thread is deleted because the world doesn't want it to get out
>insert conspiracy

Just saying, you can praise your other "gods" if you want, that is, a God given right.

Christianity was infiltrated, so when they persecuted "your people" of polytheistic ways... It wasn't the actual Christians
>>
>>17012723
All this time and I still cannot understand this meme. Is it a purely American thing?

>>17012735
>Neopagans are, more often then not, pathetic.
Sadly this is more often the case than I should like to admit.
>>
>>17012735
It's hard to not be pathetic when you choose your religion based on how special it will make you feel.
>>
>>17012741
It is terribly difficult. However, I truly doubt I'm angering deities. They're so immense. I doubt even a few hundred followers "doing it wrong" would be so offensive as to actually piss off a Netjer or Netjeret. From my understanding They have a good sense of humor, so if anything They are probably laughing at us.
>>
>>17012749
>insert conspiracy
If the world doesn't want it to get out then it's doing a lousy job of it. World's bloody snied with Christians.

>that is, a God given right.
That gave me a hearty old kek, that did.

>Christianity was infiltrated, so when they persecuted "your people" of polytheistic ways... It wasn't the actual Christians
Something is sounding a little Scottish around here, but not quite truly...
>>
>>17012746
Because they are trying to base their belief system on lost knowledge. When you follow a "living" religion, you know the rules. Most pagan religions however have no solid basis to work with. So you either create a new religion or you have to admit to yourself that you may be doing it all wrong.
For example, you try to honor Thor and find out that there is hardly any information on how to do so and some parts of it would be considered murder nowadays. What to do? You could make a compromise, change the ritual and go with it - but there's hardly any religion where a god would be satisfied with something like that.
>>
>>17012750
Probably, I can't even get why it's called fedora tipping when it's clearly a trilby.
>>
>>17012755
I don't think many pagans (or neopagans however you want to call them) feel "special" at all. Many are wracked with guilt when they realize they don't believe the "one true religion" they were raised with. Most just feel the call. I say many and most because you are correct at least some of the time. But those sorts always find a way to make themselves "special snowflakes" if it weren't religion it would be something else. They are also usually the ones that just "went through a phase" and aren't really religious at all. They also usually teenagers or very young adults who are trying to find themselves still.
>>
>>17012765
I don't know anything about Egyptian mythology, so maybe you are right. If it were the Greek or Roman gods however... not being struck by lightning would probably prove their nonexistence.
>>
>>17012794
Egyptian mythology is pretty fucking complicated, actually. There's some many versions of every story it will make your head spin. But the Netjeru have love for us. We are They're family, literally.
>>
>>17012769
Like I said, it is all there whenever you are ready.

Happy thanks giving everybody
>>
>>17012846
You too, mate.
Don't take what I said for animosity, this is just not the place to be preaching your super-duper really right and true god.
>>
>>17012869
It is important for those who need to see it.
>>
>>17012085
>Norse Paganism for me.
Norse paganism is the shittiest IndoEuropean religion.

> Our spirit and body will resonate more closely with the gods of your ancestors.
The average person on 4chan, being white, has numerous non-pagan ancestors.
>>
>>17012842
More about netjetru. This thread needs more egypt
>>
>>17012624
You're welcome anon.
>>
>>17013057
>Norse paganism is the shittiest IndoEuropean religion.
Why is this? Genuinely curious.
>>
>>17013144
Because it is another opinion taken as fact by another person on the internet.
>>
>>17013155
I want to know why he thinks this, I don't think it's somehow an objective fact. I'm kind of upset that you would assume that.
>>
What do you guys think about kundalini?
>>
>>17013144
Because it has the worst gods. They break deals and allow Loki to fuck around screwing people over. Even if they were real, they would not deserve worship.
>>
>>17013286
Týr is pretty based though. Don't you agree?
>>
>>17011988
Worship your gods all you want, why not worship to the life giving ones as well? Worship your ancestors and the wights.

A gift always begets a gift. Remember.
>>
File: 1411361095528.jpg (654KB, 1137x1421px) Image search: [Google]
1411361095528.jpg
654KB, 1137x1421px
>>17013286
Bonds of Frith prevented them from acting for the most part against the bullshit that Loki did. When they decided to chain him up and let the venom drip onto him they broke Frith, think how awful and agonized they were. That said, Loki had broken Frith when he had Baldr killed. So they avenged that kin-killing but resolved nothing at the same time.

You can't just take it all out of context.
And as the numinous and quite literal awe inspiring beings they would DEMAND worship, not a matter of "deserve". Your "deserve" comes from an atheistic worldview. Any being that is a god is DUE worship.
>>
>>17013286
AND to fucking add to this, the story we have of this from Lokasenna was good ol' Snorri writing from a far off perspective. He may have added to the story, or he could have fucking changed it altogether. We just don't fucking know.
>>
>>17011988
The names are too mixed up nowadays so I just pray to EA Enki the only one I know is authentic and supreme.
>>
>>17011988
worshipping any god is a bad idea. Learning from and communicating is a better idea, although not without their own dangers.
>>
>>17014213
OP here I just told you about one of them
>>
>>17012480
No you won't. You family won't be able to do anthing for you. They don't love you at all. They only sustain you for their own benefit. Stupid.
>>
>>17012614
They aren't. So...dumb question.

>>17012750
Its dumb.
>>
>>17013286
The Norse gods are multifaceted, imperfect beings that don't demand worship or even interact with humanity often. Quit looking at everything through an Abrahamic lens.
>>
>>17015176
Man, you're pretty fucking horrible, aren't you?
Were you raised by those kinds of arseholes who beat you and told you you deserve it or are you just naturally a psycho?
>>
if you can't speak at least old english or old norse then you can't worship the old gods properly baka.

old saxon would probs be acceptable too.
>>
>>17015189
This isn't true at all. Understanding a culture/worldview is much more important than knowing any language.
>>
>>17015191
culture / worldview is inherently linked with language, senpai.
>>
>>17015193
Not to any significant degree. At least if you're talking about the Norse.
>>
>>17015189
I can speak welsh and gaelic, does that mean the celtic gods like me?
>>
>>17015189
I know old slavic (polish in particular)
>>
I wanted to come in contact with the old Slavic gods, but I don't know where to begin with. I have both Croatian and Italian blood, so.
>>
>>17015274
OP here

soon, maybe tomorrow, i will post about Slavic ritauals so stay tuned anon
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.