[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bread by house?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: bread.png (2MB, 1078x960px) Image search: [Google]
bread.png
2MB, 1078x960px
My neighbor is a crazy old lady who frequently talks to no one. Last night she was screaming at no-one to "shut up", and this morning when I left for work there were slices of bread and a rock in front of the house.

Is this some obscure superstition or something?
>>
She's got bread gnomes. Nothing to worry about just make sure your flour is in a sealed container.
>>
>>17005372

In The Frank C. Brown Collection of NC Folklore: Vol. VII:

"Leave bread and coffee under the house to prevent ghosts from coming inside"
>>
>>17005361
>>17005383
>>
>>17005361
That's pretty fucking cool OP. Anything more out of the ordinary about her?
>>
>>17005385

Her nephew (in his mid forties I gather) lives there, he's one of those people who constantly claims he'll be leaving in a week for a new job, but he's already been here a year. He's usually out front smoking and drinking cheap beer, but usually at night I'll hear her screaming at him to "shut up Mark" or going "goddammit, Mark!". She'll tell him to shut up, but he was never talking to begin with, and then gets really angry when he says he wasn't saying anything. She'll wake up in the middle of the night top do this routine.

Sometimes I'll see her getting mail, or standing at her car for ten minutes fiddling with her car door opener and setting off the alarm many times in a row, all the while muttering under her breath like she's talking to someone.

I've seen her in stores, where she'll look very happy and smile into space like someone is standing next to her.
>>
I have crazy lady in my neighbor yelling at things too. Not paranormal nor spooky but damn is it annoying.
>>
>>17005405

That's my thought most of the time too, but the stack of bread and the rock under the window was just too WTF to ignore today (it's also the first snow of the year, if that makes a difference)
>>
>>17005419
Reminds me of my experience.
>tea cup appears on top of my fence
>figure it must belong to the crazy lady
>couple of weeks later the tea cup is still sitting there
>decide to adopt the tea cup and start using it as an ashtray
>one morning the tea cup was gone
>she even took the cigarette bottoms with her
Weird.
>>
>>17005361
Ever read the story of Alibaba and the Fourty Thieves? You've been marked.
>>
>>17005447

I thought they marked with chalk?
>>
thats weird, the neighbor lady here usually rips up the bread before leaving it out for the birds
>>
>>17005472
It was a stick, and perhaps chalk, yes. It's more methaphorical, I'm always weary of anything new placed in/around my yard (partly due to the fact I'm paranoid) and I think they should be, as well, because she's not normal and could be a threat.
>>
>>17005486

We live in a duplex, the bread was on her side...
>>
>>17005491
Crazy people does crazy things. You shouldn't over think it.
>>
>>17005361
Sounds like one of the Eadies feeding a raccoon.
>>
>>17005491
Don't touch it, she might come back for it.
>>
>>17005438
Spooky
>>
she's offering peace offerings to calm spirits down(the bread). she knows what she's doing.
>>
Try befriending her then ask her what the deal is.

I don't know why people just beat around the Bush instead of getting answers head on in this situation.

Or ask Mark.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.