[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dead Birds?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_1100.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1100.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
So my friend has been passing this sight for about two months. It's in a mostly-abandoned strip mall: three dead pigeons, all lined up in a row. She also noted some roses up against the wall.
Weirder than that, she's been passing this every day on her way home from work, and according to her this photo she took tonight is exactly how the birds looked when she first saw them. They haven't decomposed. Neither have the roses.
Any possible answers or theories on, like, any part of this? We're both spooked to shit.
>>
Bumping for reasons. Do birds crawl into dead spaces to die? She says she can't see a way for them to get in. But why would they be against the window?
And the flowers?????
>>
>>17003934
There are these things called decoys. They work rather nicely. Flower is probably plastic.

As to why? Probably just put there to make people ask questions.
>>
>>17003978
The flowers are real. They're roses - dead, but not yet dust.
What are decoys?
>>
>>17003978
Dude these look way too detailed to be fake. You can see the individual feathers and tufts of softness.
>>
>>17003934
Birds at work run inti the windows & die all the time
Roses too? Probably some schizo, my mom dated one & he left dead birds in her bed & claimed she was a witch
>>
>>17004017
(The birds are on the inside of the room.)
Schizophrenia seems like the most possible theory right now. It still looks suspect.
>>
>>17003978
>>17003993

i agree. they're clearly real birds and it's harder to see the flowers but they look like old, dried out flowers to me.

i would tend to agree with >>17004017

some squatter with a mental illness is my best guess.

if i were her, i'd keep an eye out for a sign/sticker mentioning the security company for the strip mall and give them a phone call. if there are still working businesses around, she could try asking one of them. maybe even call the cops, though i'm not fond of them. but someone trapping, killing, and displaying birds is super creepy and not something a healthy person would do.
>>
>>17003934
Nah they're sleeping ñigguh
>>
>>17004035
That's a solid point. I'm going to tell her to ask one of the other businesses.
This happened months ago, though (maybe even earlier), and nothing's happened since.
What's confusing us is that the birds haven't rotted. Like, at all.
>>
Lol yes, they were obviously used for a ritual. A satanic one cuz of the roses. Probably to send shadows after whichever kid that owned those shoes
>>
I once found a dead cardinal on my front door step. It weirded me out a little.
>>
>>17004035
>but someone trapping, killing, and displaying birds is super creepy and not something a healthy person would do

Yo I trap, kill, and display dead birds like clockwork: and I lift.

Think before you go poppin' off with all kinds of judgements and bigotry and shit man...
>>
>>17004054
Low temperatures and low humidity impede decomposition. Do you live in a cold dry place?

Also, there are other factors that influence decomp. Like the sterility of the environment for example.
>>
>>17004258
WTF YOU DIDN'T LIKE MY PRESENT???
>>
Steal those Air Jordan's bruh
>>
File: 1447390638948.gif (2MB, 421x384px) Image search: [Google]
1447390638948.gif
2MB, 421x384px
>>17003934
We have birds fly into the plant I work in often, usually at least one a week. They're impossible to catch, and usually starve to death unless they can find their way back out.

There are dead birds laying around, and they take forever to decompose for some reason. You can find a dead bird under a box that's been there for weeks and the bird will barely be decomposed.
>>
>>17003934
santeria
>>
>>17004258
And the Catholic Church didn't investigate it? Where the hell do you live?
>>
>>17004814
Kek
>>
>>17004814
Hur hur
>>
>>17003934
Someone put the dead pigeons there because people do "weird" things. In the absence of insects and in a dry environment, birds sorta just mummify. I think it's a pretty window display for such an ugly place. Strip malls are horrible. You should be spooked by the fact that artfully arranged dead birds bother you, but strip malls don't.
>>
>>17004757
But i dont practice santaria, i aint got no crystal ball.
But if i had a million dollers well i would spend it all
>>
>>17005111
I like you
>>
File: stopitbrad.jpg (9KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
stopitbrad.jpg
9KB, 280x180px
>>17005111
>>
>>17003934
Remember the game "Condemned: Criminal Origins" at all?
>>
File: 1446084943953.png (757KB, 1198x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1446084943953.png
757KB, 1198x1200px
>>17004274
I don't think they're referring to taxidermy, Testiclees
>>
File: unknown_armies.png (1MB, 448x2028px) Image search: [Google]
unknown_armies.png
1MB, 448x2028px
>>17004286
This, and if normal decomposition is impeded certain windows of opportunity for insects or scavengers may never have arose. Considering the flesh is still mostly intact enough to hold feathers, it leads me to believe there was no maggot feeding.

What really gets me about OP's pic is that the birds show no signs of laying in a CDI, there is no clear delineation where fluids had excreted from the body. Even modest decay impeded by a dry and cold environment would still produce some fluid.

Without knowing the time and location the picture was taken I cannot be certain, but I am going to say they had been moved post-mortem.
>>
>>17005203
>they had been moved post-mortem.
You ever tried moving a live pigeon to a place and making it stay put?

But thank you Sherlock, we always like to have you around.
>>
>>17005212
Tripfags shouldn't talk like this, because they haven't learned their place.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (28KB, 200x180px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
28KB, 200x180px
>>17005212
>Tripfaggot doesn't know shit about birds
Color me surprised. You ever hypnotize and kill birds? Ever slaughter chicken, turkey or squab? Thought not.

Let me educate you, millenial. Go to youtube, type in: hypnotize a pigeon.
>>
>>17005189
This
>>
>>17005203
I think two things are likely.

Either, this guy is like, pigeon hunter exxxtreme and he just puts new pigeons there every few days / weeks / whatever amount of time before decomp really begins.

Or, it's a taxidermist trying to weird people out.
>>
File: 1446508241421.jpg (44KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1446508241421.jpg
44KB, 720x960px
>>17005275
Hunting seems unlikely. Trapping or poisoning will kill the animal without damaging its exterior, and is far more effective and passive. It would fit the archetype of someone who is introverted trying to exert control over their physical reality, no matter how small. Same goes for the dead-strip mall Wunderkammer: artistic, sensitive and very introverted.

Some kids play with dead things. I had a friend who had a boiled raccoon skull, it had a name and everything. He spoke with it. You could call it amateur taxidermy, the things he did.

>>17005225
>>17005203
Bookmarking for posterity.
>>
Two months recent?

They probably died due to cold (depending on where you live). I see a lot of birds just die from cold before they migrate cause it just gets too cold too fast. They basically petrified and I have to clean that shit up at work.
>>
File: meanwhileonx.gif (2MB, 397x287px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhileonx.gif
2MB, 397x287px
>>17005408
High probability. The birds may have approached the window midday while seeking warmth, only to rapidly cool as their energy waned when the sun set.

The one on the left is tucked head under wing, sleeping.
>>
>>17003934
Those birds aren't dead, they're just stunned.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.