[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are souls real?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1448038246895.png (76KB, 352x264px) Image search: [Google]
1448038246895.png
76KB, 352x264px
are souls real?
>>
>>17000622
We have zero evidence to support the claim they are.
>>
How does one quantify something that is intangible?

No matter how deep a scientist may cut, how precise they might dissect, or how much they look - the soul will continue to elude them.
>>
File: 1448111838250.jpg (329KB, 1367x846px) Image search: [Google]
1448111838250.jpg
329KB, 1367x846px
>>17000622
Welcome again to another installment of THESE ARE PEOPLE!
>>
>>17000669
The soul is in the void

The soul IS the void.
>>
>>17000635
Actual this isn't true. We have lots of descriptions of out of body experiences, and there's research done about ESP (extra sensory perception) that has results that cannot be accounted for by chance.
>>
File: 1447914385068.jpg (39KB, 570x570px) Image search: [Google]
1447914385068.jpg
39KB, 570x570px
>>17000669
Does this answer your quetzl?
>>
Nothing disappears in this universe. Everything is recycled or transformed
>>
>>17000696
Anecdotal evidence are most likely false assumptions

>>17000711
what is the point?

>>17000669
>How does one quantify something that is intangible?
define 'tangible'
>No matter how deep a scientist may cut, how precise they might dissect, or how much they look - the soul will continue to elude them.
that is also true for every non-existent thing(not implying the non-existence of the 'soul')
>>
>>17000773
You can just stop posting now desu senpai l, you've obviously reached the end of your rope
>>
>>17000773
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pam_Reynolds_case
>>
>>17000792
It doesn't necessarily confirm the existence of a soul.

Also, 'death' isn't properly defined
>>
>>17000781
so did your mum mate
>>
>>17000673
dude obituary lmao
>>
>>17000816
Well what would you say is evidence the soul exists? For example I don't need to prove you you have a body, you can see and feel the body, but even if you were blind and could not see, you still have body, and if you are sleeping and not feeling your body, you still have a body. So the same for the soul, maybe you cannot see it or feel it or can only really feel it in these strange near death experiences, or in dreams, or through powerful emotional experiences, but it is there, it's the inner/unseen that corresponds to the outer/seen (the body).
>>
>>17000873
>Well what would you say is evidence the soul exists?
Perhaps start by giving a 'rigorous' description of what it is, what properties it has, and an explanation of how other 'theories' that attempt to explain consciousness and free will are inconsistent with reality.

How are souls even 'created'?
Humans have been around for ~200,000 years, shouldn't there be an ocean of ghosts right now?
>>
>>17000903
I dont know what it is.
I think consciousness is a third thing, meaning not the soul and not the body, but it can "move", this is easy to have evidence of, just focus on a part of your body and feel, then focus or another part of your body, you can even feel it move from one part of your body to the other if you try it. But again consciousness can also not be in the body. Perhaps the most evident example is sleep and dreams, but even while awake you can be so in your thoughts that you are not paying any attention to your body, and in the same sense you can move your conscious awareness from a line of thinking to a different line of thinking, pretty much at will.

Now about the soul I don't know much more, not about how they are created or about ghosts. Most religions have a notion of the soul, like in christianity you have an immortal soul that goes to heaven or hell depending on what you do, or the egyptians that divided it in parts. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_Egyptian_concept_of_the_soul )

And the hindus have the reincarnation thing. But I don't think they spend time actually explaining what it is and where it comes from, I guess to them, the people that created the religions, it was just a fact.
>>
Actually I heard something from one person that suddenly after death the weight of your body changes a little bit, I mean it's a bit smaller and some belive that it's about soul falling away from your body. But it's just a theory and i don't take it to serious.
>>
>>17000980
21 grams, also a great movie.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_MacDougall_%28doctor%29
>>
>>17000773
I will be "here" forever. Everything will be "here" forever. My thoughts and consciousness will be "here" forever. If there is a "soul", guess what? Even if there isn't i beleive existing for eternity means I have no need for one
>>
Maybe, but OP pic is a qt
>>
>>17000622
Op, if that is you, you are absolutely gorgeous, and i'm convinced if you are real, souls must be, too. please tell me if that is you or not, because i have to know
>>
>>17000622
no
>>
>>17000903
>shouldn't there be an ocean of ghosts right now?

How do you know we are not already in one?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animism
>no separation from the spiritual world and physical world
>>
>>17001138
That's a man baby. Not that there's anything wrong with that, just so you know.
>>
>>17000622
Good lord that female is hideous. Do people find that attractive? She looks like a blonde sloth.
>>
>>17000622
Yes they are real.
>>17000635 I think you need research sir.

I want you all to right now google the weight of souls. A soul weighs 21 grams. If a human body loses 21 grams of weight upon dying yet it is not their last breath or feces. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duncan_MacDougall_%28doctor%29

>>17000635 Learn how to research bitch.
>>
>>17001259

>she
>>
>>17001241
she's trans?
>>
>>17001324
I just know it's a man that dresses like a girl.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.