[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Aokigahara Forest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: bosque-de-aokigahara-3.jpg (73KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
bosque-de-aokigahara-3.jpg
73KB, 500x333px
The Aokigagara Forest in Japon, is a place where a lot of people tend to go when they are thinking of suicide. Does any one an explanation to this? Why do they choose the same spot? Is something based on tradition, or the place is hounted, or something?
>>
An american tourist discovered it and told the locals "that forest is awesome to get really high and just hang"

Sadly they didnt understand american slang.
>>
>>16999957
It's not cool to make jokes about suicide. Kindly go kill yourself.
>>
File: Naamloos-2.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
Naamloos-2.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>16999948
It looks like some Japs are well hung after all.
>>
>>16999948
Don't quote me on this but I think it was in a book or story. The main character (or writer?) Hung himself there and the people just kind of copy that.
>>
>>16999974
CARLOS
>>
>>16999957
damn son
>>
File: Iwata and Bill laughing.jpg (22KB, 440x285px) Image search: [Google]
Iwata and Bill laughing.jpg
22KB, 440x285px
>>16999957
>>16999974
Crafty little fuckers.
>>
>>16999975
That and it's a nice, quiet, out of the way place to do it.
>>
>>16999975
>>17000046
Do you guys, or anyone, knows od a place that has a similiar situation, where ppl like to go in order to commit suicide?.
>>
>>17000046
Yeah. And people will leave a trail of ribbon or string so they don't get lost if they change their mind. Or so someone finds them?
>>
>>17000056
Golden Gate Bridge here in California is popular for that. They added a gate along the walking path to get people to stop, yet the bike path doesn't have one.
>>
>>17000062
There are sevral forest men, always looking for excursionist, and encourage them to leave. Also there are signs telling ppl to think in their families. BUt the forest is so big, that sometimes it takes weeks to find out the corpeses of the suicidal.
>>
>>17000078
"The bridge" used to be in Hulu. It was decent and kinda sad.
>>
I wouldn't worry about it. Wendigos doent exist. Isn't it deer season in most places? Come back to the woods, its fine.
>>
>>16999948
The reason it is so popular is because a famous book that was written in Japan had one of the characters kill themselves in it. Some people got the idea from there and now its known as the place you go to either kill yourself or contemplate suicide and the meaning of life, kind of beautiful in a morbid way.
>>
Did anyone watch the video where Hard Gay went there? Was pretty damn funny, but last I checked, they took the video off youtube.
>>
>>16999948

after the U.S. nuked japan there were hundreds of people who would kill themselves at the gates of the royal palace-
it literally clogged the doorway into the palace-
the emperor announced an edict for everyone to please go into the forest at the base of the mountain if they felt compelled for such action
>>
>>17000056
There's a bridge in Scotland that over 600 dogs have leapt to their death from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtoun_Bridge

Also there's a river near where I live that people walk into. No jumping, just walk in until they get swept away
>>
>>16999974
Savage, Carlos
>>
It's literally memetic.
>>
Japanese people also wonder why this particular place. There are two main theories.
One is that mountains are sacred and this forest is at the base of Mt. Fuji, the most sacred mountain. The theory being that your soul will pass easily to the other side.
The other is that the forest was popularized as a suicide forest in a book written some time ago.
>>
>>17000593
This. It got started by the novel then people imitated then the news covered the people imitating so more people did it then the media tried to discourage it but by then it was too late.
>>
>>16999966
Sorry, i thought i was on 4chan. It seems i have somhow made my way to Tumblr.
Fucking faggot.
>>
>>16999948
anime told them to.
>>
>>17000304
Hard Gay is fucking hilarious.
>>
I think it was also mentioned in the book "The Complete Manual of Suicide" as an nice place to commit suicide.
>>
>>17000304
NO. Now I need to find it.
>>17000854
He fucking is. I heard he stopped because he was getting married and his in-laws didn't like his skits. Sad.
>>
>>16999966

When did tumblr invade /x/?

Either that or great b8 m8
>>
>>17000843
>>17001045
It wasn't even that great a bait it had blatantly obvious hypocritical irony.
>>
>>17001037
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2sjh5r

Was pretty funny
>>
>>16999966
HAHAHA underrated
>>
>>17000056
Theres some forest around here where people have lots of gay sex and leave condom wrappers all over.
>>
>>17001247
Thanks!

>>17001037
>I heard he stopped because he was getting married and his in-laws didn't like his skits. Sad.

Wow, that's stupid. And even stupider that he went along with it.
>>
>>16999948
Japanese are a very depressed people, asian cultures have the highest suicide rates on the planet. I know this board is about everything having a deeper meaning but sometimes there just isnt.
>>
>>17002472
It's not so much that they're all depressed as the fact that their society puts enormous pressure on them to maintain their "honor" and succeed in life. If they can't, then killing oneself is considered more "honorable" than living. Even though they have been trying to change these attitudes, they still won't go away entirely.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.