[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mckenna spooked by shrooms?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 224
Thread images: 22

File: 0.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
Did anyone ever hear about how Terence McKenna supposedly stopped using psychedelic mushrooms after a bad trip in 1988c scared him too bad? what could have happened that scared him so bad?

"Terence's pivotal existential crisis came abruptly. Sometime in '88 or '89. Everything that happened after that event was fallout. I don't know exactly when it happened and I don't know exactly what happened. I am piecing it together from what Kat has told me and she has volunteered few details and I am reluctant to probe. It happened when they were living for a time on the Big Island and it was a mushroom trip they shared that was absolutely terrifying for Terence. It was terrifying because, for some reason, the mushroom turned on him. The gentle, wise, humorous mushroom spirit that he had come to know and trust as an ally and teacher ripped back the facade to reveal an abyss of utter existential despair. Terence kept saying, so Kat told me, that it was, "a lack of all meaning, a lack of all meaning." And this induced panic in Terence and probably, I speculate, a feeling that he was going mad. He couldn't deal with it. Kat's efforts to reassure him were fruitless. After that experience, he never again took mushrooms and he took other psychedelics such as DMT and Ayahuasca only on rare occasions and with great reluctance."

Also post your scary trip stories
>>
also here's a podcast about it at http://www.mediafire.com/download/saz94c6axz2kcny/316-DamerDeepDive.mp3
>>
I think he just did too many psychedelics in great frequency.

Or perhaps he really never had a 'rough' trip before and was too pussy to handle it.
>>
>>16998963
Most enthusiasts of the guy tend to think it was the meat locker that spooked him off:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3LO0iKODR0
>>
>>16998972
you don't think theres something to what this guy Damer is saying here?

>Terence to Teacher: enough of the dancing mice, show me what you are for your self (black draperies lift and organs tone as the yawning infinite cracks open)

>Teacher to Terence: why did you turn away? Enough of the Other, it’s time for a dose of Self, your self

>The Teacher turned on Terence and he never again returned. Instead Terence launched on a dubious decade telling ever taller tales touting adventures on 5-7 dried grams while living in fear of these very plant medicines.

Makes it sounds like T-Dog asked the mushrooms "show me your true self", after which he got utterly spooked and tried to convince as many other people as possible to take mushrooms.

in truth, I'm a huge fan of both terence and psychedelics, but this spin makes for an interesting story:
>guy takes huge doses of mushrooms,
>meets demonic entity,
>entity acts friendly,
> then reveals it's true form
>requires the guy become his servant and bring more followers to his realm
>the guy obliges and spends career speaking about the awesome benefits of taking mushrooms
>somehow cannot please the entity, so he's struck down with a tumor
>(which these guys say was mushroom shaped)

honestly i feel dirty writing this shit about terence, but this is like a horror story theme board so take it for what you will
>>
>>16998963
I know this feel.

I've posted my experience before several places.

several grams of Liberty Caps..

quick summary;

Sudden shift in awareness as if I entered a different dimension.

Complete loss of any sense of my indvidual self. Like I had just appeared out of nowhere.

The surroundings I perceived held no existential definition. The whole fact of perceiving was confounding. the experience of conscious awareness was like I had disappeared.. I saw everything; Blue sky, golden grass (sun dried California field) but there was no personal value or definition in the perceiving.. like pure consciousness completly without critical judgement or evaluation and no thought that there had been, should be or would be.. like before that moment I experienced being from within my mind according to my accumulated comprehension and understanding of the phenomenal universe but that was now not only absent but no trace that it ever existed remained.

Like the top of my head had disappeared and it was just everything existing as one... not that "I" had merged with everything. There was no recall at this time of normal awareness for comparison.

there did very soon arise a sense of a living presence. This was not a vacuum.

I sensed I had in a way entered this presence and it had always been... then I began experiencing something like fear.. a contraction and the impulse to retreat appeared then the self conscious thought anyone passing by would think me strange standing there in awe with this dumbstruck look on my agape face looking into the sky and that's when I crashed and began to think I was going to hell.

I went down to my knees and started praying for Jesus to save me because I was sure I was going straight to Hell and eternal damnation.. eventually when I was faced with the reality I had not actually gone to hell I recomposed and walked on my way.
>>
McKenna wasnt talking to mushrooms he probably saw a demonic entity.
>>
Camping with friends innawoods, took 3.5 of some incredibly strong shrooms.

Trip started off great, laughing and being goofy chilling at campsite.

A little after an hour in, I was laying in my hammock and went from feeling amazing to feeling dreadful in a fraction of a second.

I felt completely stuck in a strange way. I could not figure out why we were camping, what we were going to do when we left, and basically just what was happening in general. I knew I was safe, but I was so confused about live that I felt complete and utter despair. I wish I could describe it better, but I just felt so alone and confused that I was incapable of moving out of my hammock for about 3 hours.

Eventually I got up and laid in the tent with my woman for another few hours, just laying in silence with my eyes wide open.

This was the only bad trip I've had. It doesn't sound that bad, but it shook me up for about 2-3 days after. Have tripped since with positive outcomes.
>>
>>16999577
Life*

Sorry, on tablet.
>>
File: 1441518696060.jpg (147KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1441518696060.jpg
147KB, 800x800px
as someone whos had a terrible trip to hell from taking the night marish 2 heavy tabs of nbomi which everyone has terrible trips on thinkng its LSD. I thought wrong as well.

Had a 12 hour no escape purgatory hell.
And then 6 months after it took to come back to reality, lost my mind on the shit.

Anyhow i find it hilarious when people say "he probably saw a demon or evil entity"

Let me be the first to tell you that no entity or demon is worse than being at the mercy and paranoia of the darkest reaches of your subconscious.

When you are on heavy doses you are the prisoner and at the mercy of that darkest most paranoid place in your mind, which is essentially the true hell or a hell reality you built.

Some demon doesnt compare to the fear you experience and the conscious levels unlocked.

For example i would simply freak out for a while from just viewing reality from my own eyes.
I would freak out and heart beat would go crazy just from the realization of being here conscious and being conscious of existing. Randomly.
Thats true terror. Panic attacks and flash backs of the dematerializing reality about you.

Im all better now though thank god with no side effects a year l8er.

Your mind and perception is your god and your reality and can be your heaven or hell.
>>
Took mushrooms a bunch.

Always just a fun, wavy experience.

Last time I ever imbibed was at a festival, at one point I lost my grasp, and despite seeing and pulling at my clothes, I was convinced I was naked.

Probably just my body issues springing up, but that was enough of that. Dearly harmless for a bad trip, but don't want to see how worse it could get.
>>
>>16000000
>>
File: dreamdog.jpg (199KB, 1062x796px) Image search: [Google]
dreamdog.jpg
199KB, 1062x796px
>1 am, 5 days ago
>trippin on LSD with brother and friend
>started really good, havin' a giggle and walking 'round town talking about trippy shit
>somehow end up in this long ass street that gets progressively shadier and poorer the further you go
>brother and friend suggest we get to top, im living in a movie so what the fuck
>try to avoid ppl and zigzag our way up
>feel like a feral beast secreting alpha scent to keep (possible) mugglers away
>reach top and it dawns onto me: I have to die that night
>enter Zen mode and start going back down with party members
>group of guys taunt us
> 'Oi, got any cigars with you?' - No
> 'Be careful down there, you don't wanna get hurt - Thanks
>speeding up while shady ppl start popping up
> 'Got any money?' - No
> 'Come here boys' - NO!

We eventually left that place but I still couldn't shake the feeling that I had to die that night so I meditated and tried killing my ego cause I didn't wanna die physically.
Long story short, I end up going all wizardy-hocus pocus and visualising alchemy circles to bring forth some lightning but was interrupted by a dog who started transforming slowly into pic related.
Thought it was a demon coming to claim my soul in exchange for the lightning. It even followed me home and had a little brush with my dog that picked up on it's evil intentions immediately.

I'll just say it was one hell of a trip. Made me realize how fragile life really is, how everything is the same when greeted by death and that deep down, everyone wants to be loved and accepted.
>>
>>16998994
no this is a paranormal board.
if you want to make up stories go to the faggots at /b/
>>
>>16998963
Alrighty, then ... picture this if you will.

10 to 2 AM, X, Yogi DMT, and a box of Krispy Kremes, in my "need to know" pose just outside of Area 51 contemplating the whole "chosen people" thingy, when a flaming stealth banana split the sky like one would hope but never really expect to see in a place like this. Cutting right angle donuts on a dime, and stopping right at my Birkenstocks, and me yelping
Holy fucking shit!
>>
>>17000271

But it was so loud.
You sure could yell!
>>
File: My Negroid Compatriot.jpg (26KB, 446x336px) Image search: [Google]
My Negroid Compatriot.jpg
26KB, 446x336px
>>17000275
Rob the grave to snow the cradle
Then burn the evidence down
>>
On mescaline i asked the plant to show what it's got and it was too much for me. At one point I could look in the mirror and sorta project images on myself. Like while focus on peace I became like a Buddha, anger like a warrior etc. after a while of this I started to get demonic visuals and a voice kept telling me to go downstairs. The lights were off and it looked like a black portal to hell. I curled up in bed while it turned my passive visuals into snakes (which I hate) for another few hours to punish me not accepting
>>
>>16998963
>Did anyone ever hear about how Terence McKenna supposedly stopped using psychedelic mushrooms after a bad trip in 1988c scared him too bad? what could have happened that scared him so bad?
psychedelic burnout? shit can fuck your brains up you know, after all you are MESSING with your brain chemistry
>>
>>16999577
All this is quite usual.
Life as we live it is absurd and abstract in its own way.
The usual order and chaos game gets flipped upside down and then eventually vanishes alltogether, leaving you behind with a taste, that all you've had before was a skillfuly executed lie on your own part.
>>
If you read Dennis's autobiography, he was spooked because he saw a UFO while he was in the amazon jungle.

BTW, Terrence did not create the penis envy strain here.

Also, I talk to Dennis on the reg, so I know what I am talking about.
>>
>>16998963
It was probably my fourth or fifth trip, and by far my worst. I was with two others, and about an hour or two after tea time the girl started saying "I don't want to die" over and over, foaming at the mouth and sounds that were not words. Long story short, there's nothing we could do to settle her, so her boyfriend held her while I slipped into my own bad trip and relived the holocaust in all its horrors. Turns out I didn't want to die either.
>>
someone post one of these google-fractal pictures. probably this one with squirrel. there was scared McKenna face hidden somewhere in fractals.
>>
>>17000431
Did you ever stop to wonder why? What
>>
File: 1hilittlebuddy.jpg (107KB, 825x845px) Image search: [Google]
1hilittlebuddy.jpg
107KB, 825x845px
>>17000439
hi little buddy
>>
>>17000452
Looks like a monkey wearing army fatigues
>>
>>16998970
sorry for my terrbile english. from my experiencess i can tell there are a two different kinds of bad trips. one is about stuff like ego, our value in society, our complexes, fears, life and dying, etc. it could be scary or even worse, you could go insane (once i was in mental institution), but you will still be in somehow "real world" (even if filled by paranoid thoughts) and you will recognize this as maybe terrible or spooky or crazy but real life. and if you will survive this state you can learn from these rough, unpleasant experiences. and second one is much more worse, because it's totally unspeakable. i think that could be similar to this state, when we're dying and your brain starts to collapsing because oxygen deficiency i quess? it's about collapsing not only ego but mind and you cant even think about it, all of meanings, words are useless but in other than existential meaning. i experienced that with a time loop and i don't remember much from this state exept feeling that i have no will and my body and mind are litteraly nothing and life is something else that every human being ever could realize, and there are powers i cant even call that controling me, and other people, all of us and all of everything. and there is no death, no peace, only something like nietzsche's eternal return. my words are still far from what i have experienced. something like lovecraft stories but worse haha
>>
>>17000512
Reminder that nuclear bombs look like mushrooms
>>
>>17000512
i think i just went too far
>>
>>17000544
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
>>
>>17000386
This. I find trips good recreational fun and sometimes good for emotional introspection, but taking that shit to the level McKenna and other "pro-trippers" did is just a recipe for fucking yourself up.
>>
File: blb82sI.png (1MB, 800x765px) Image search: [Google]
blb82sI.png
1MB, 800x765px
YOU'RE NOT SEEING DEMONS
YOU'RE FUCKING TRIPPING
THIS SHIT IS NOT COMPLICATED
GET A GRIP, NIGGERS
>>
>>17000563
Don't you have a phonics worksheet to fill out or something?
>>
>>17000552
i belive there must be other way that i can avoid this scarry state. (dunno if someone could experience exactly the same stuff i have experienced - but if this story of McKennas bad trip is true, maybe everyone can go there) i belive that DMT could be that way. maybe there isn't "far" or "close" but there are many different states? i hope it's true.
>>
from somewhere:

This rumor has been debunked over and over again. Poor research on the authors behalf. He should have spent a little more time investigating the matter before making conclusions like this which will mislead people. It would not have taken long either. The author is a member of one of the Facebook Terence McKenna groups, so he could have asked about it. I would have happily provided him with this information.

From what I hear, Dennis retracted this assumption from his book because evidence arose that it was untrue, namely by T's personal friends and through a couple videos, one of which i will link below.
---
>"Terence did in fact stop taking mushrooms nearly 12 years before he died"

False.

In the following short clip filmed by 'Mike Kawitzky' Terence makes the following statement:

"I did take a little psilocybin, just a tiny bit..." - Terence McKenna: Rustlers Valley in South Africa in 1996
(0:25)

Mike Kawitzky who is a personal friend of T's made the following comments in a facebook group that I am in:

" I was there. It's chronicled in my book, which Dennis wrote the intro for. I suppose it's reasonably obvious that if Dennis McKenna wrote the intro then he blessed the data contained therein. For more information, Bruce Damer will shortly be coming out with a disclaimer for the infamous podcast 316, which consists of the above movie and my book."

A question from a member of the group about what he took exactly,

Mike: "pure dried..bout 2 g..in tea"
----
>>
Not a trip but I thought it might be good to share. I was once riding my bike on a really bright sunny day when for some reason I felt this chill wave hit my back and it went forward literally go through my body. I stopped my bike and just blanked with total silence. I had no memory of who I was or what I was or what what was. It was so frustrating to try to remember but I only knew that I had forgotten everything. That was the scariest part. Knowing I had lost all and I mean all of my memory and not knowing. I had a instinct to pedal but didn't know where to go and since I couldn't speak I couldnt think clearly because I had forgotten words exist but was totally aware and in a hyper concious like state. Just as soon as it occurred it had ended and I went home. This was like over 10 years ago and nothing like that has every occurred since.
>>
>>16998963

>"a lack of all meaning, a lack of all meaning."

/thread
>>
>>17000618
it sounds to me like you realized what it is to be human. you remembered were biological creatures and all of the language and culture is the result of socialization. the chill makes me think of kundalini. but I don't actually know what it was, just my thoughts
>>
That's what happens when you much shrooms all the fucking time, even once a week is bad enough. They're actually a very difficult psychedelic to handle, I find them rough on the head, confusing and that tired/groggy feeling for the first 2-3 hours can really put you in for a tough journey. I don't really see the point of them any more, they're fairly ego shattering but the ego death from psychedelics is really nowhere near as big as people claim it to be. You'll just come out of with a fairly "wow, everything really is like.. nothing" feeling which a fairly intelligent thinker will have already found out long before their first shrooming, unless they took them at a very young age. I reckon it's only retards and simple minded people that truly take something from the experience, I don't hang around with people like that so I've never really heard anyone come out of a trip saying "holy shit that really was a life changing experience" except for one guy who was sure he had just had some huge epiphany from them and claimed he was never ever going to touch drugs or tobacco again until two weeks later when he relapsed and went full coke head again, but he was a bit of a tard.

I have a lot of respect for shrooms but believe they should be used far more recreationally than your average hippie claims and in smaller than average or average doses. Acid is a completely different story, the best parts are more fun, a lot more stimulating and less rough on the mind, I feel it'd be impossible to fall into a bad trip if you're not retarded and take a reasonable dose, the visuals are prettier and you are far far less likely to develop negative thoughts and they're way easier to control than shrooms. The only problem is it lasts too long, after the 6-7 point you get kind of fed up and just want to sleep and the remaining mild visuals can be invasive and irritating. This is a good point to start getting drunk. The only way shrooms beats acid is the duration is a lot more convenient.
>>
>>17000723
Also there's way more stuff to be interested by on acid, the trailers you see just from waving your hand in the air are pretty vivid let alone when you using strobe lights or something. Music is also a lot more enjoyable and easier to connect with, sometimes shrooms will put me in a mood I don't even want to listen to music. Synesthesia is also NOT a myth on acid, nothing like some crystal bashing degenerates have claimed but a good example would be; get some good music going and watch the clouds outside, they will literally DANCE to the music. One time on a fairly high dose around 250ug (never been higher than this) I was watching the clouds while listening to some nils frahm on my little JBL and shit you not the clouds would twirl and twist and morph in time to the music, then when the base dropped they would vibrate up to the point and then explode into dust and fall out of the sky. It was the most unbelievable thing I have seen. Acid is the choice of drug, even more so than DMT or MDMA imo. Anyway there's my two cents on that, not sure where that came from, pce.
>>
File: distribution2.jpg (29KB, 500x410px) Image search: [Google]
distribution2.jpg
29KB, 500x410px
>>16998963
Smoked Salvia for a minute that seemed like forever I felt like I was being stretched and rolled up endlessly like a piece of sheet metal. When I came to my gf told me I had been rolling on the floor screaming at the top of my lungs.
>>
>>16998963
This just in Terrence McKenna world renown psychedelic figurehead got his little panties ripped by a view of the abyss on mushrooms. He was just another babby having an existential crisis.
>>
>>17000762
You better be careful with that flame
Try vaping next time, or have your girlfriend light it for you
>>
>>17000271
And after calming me down with some orange slices and some fetal spooning, E.T revealed to me his singular purpose. He said, "You are the chosen one, the one who will deliver the message. A message of hope for those who choose to hear it, and a warning for those who do not." Me? The chosen one? They chose me! And I didn't even graduate from fucking high school
>>
>>17000838
Holy Fucking shit!
>>
You guys don't know yet that McKenna was a CIA operative?

Here's the real story in a nutshell: in his early days, McKenna was a drug dealer and was wanted by the FBI. He was on the run. Without getting in any trouble, he became THE spokesman for a new generation of hippies. Ask yourself, How?

Answer: he made a deal with them. He admitted all this but his permafried fans think he was "talking symbolically" about the mushrooms. They recognized his usefulness, his skills in weaving tall tales about psychedelic awakenings and archaic revivals and whatnot. He had a way with words, no one can deny it.

What was his purpose? What were they using him for? To misguide people, plain and simple. Trap all these potential rebels in a lifelong search for psychedelic enlightenment while slowly but surely destroying their intelligence and critical thinking capacity. If McKenna loved the shrooms so much, why did he stop? That's like Charles Manson pretending he's on a huge dose of LSD when he only took one tab - to appear more in control than the others who were tripping balls and incapable of straight thinking.

McKenna was a distraction agent. He takes you down the rabbit hole into madness. There's nothing there. Basket ball dribbling machine elves? Are you shitting me? Wake up!

He was a sham all round. He smoked pot daily like a teenage stoner while talking about how you should "really use it" as a once in a while shamanistic high dose thing. He puffed joints before fucking, before enjoying his bacon and eggs greasy breakfasts. He was all talk, all stoned talk.

That big scary mushroom trip just drove it all home to him that he was delusional and wasting his time in delusional things. That's frightening, to realize you're a joke. He realized nothing comes from psychedelics except deeper and deeper abstractions into complete insanity. And that's apparently where he wanted to lead all of us, too. Into insanity.

There's no way of getting around the FBI thing. He was shill
>>
>>17000909
http://www.gnosticmedia.com/McKenna-Agent

>And certainly when I reached La Chorerra in 1971 I had a price on my head by the FBI, I was running out of money, I was at the end of my rope. And then they recruited me and said, "you know, with a mouth like yours there's a place for you in our organization". And I've worked in deep background positions about which the less said the better. And then about 15 years ago they shifted me into public relations and I've been there to the present.

duuuuuude he meant the mushrooooooms 420 lmao he was like... an ambassador for the shrooms brahhh
>>
>>17000909
>>17000914

Basically if you don't get it yet, McKenna got sucked into this situation to avoid the consequences he was facing if he didn't go along with it, and they used him and his oratory skills to act as the figurehead of the new psychedelic movement, to herd all the sheep (you) into one cozy pen where all you do is smoke pot, take shrooms, and see elves in space. so they drop out of mainstream society, sequestering themselves in insignificant primitive groups, incapable of altering the system.

He probably had some regrets about it later on and his high dose shroom trip revealed all the guilt and negativity he'd locked away, he realized that they were just leading the youth to insanity and he had become their spokesman extraordinaire
>>
shrooms are awesome and fucking fuck mckenna he was a shitty fucking writer
>>
I had a really bad trip on acid once, much like what's been described several times in this thread. It's fucking awful and the only good thing was that it made me never want to do it again. Some people just can't handle psychedelics and it can be a traumatic experience. It always makes me cringe how people on this site casually recommend tripping to novice kids that rarely go outside.
>>
>>17000914
do mushrooms have typical fbi dude american accents? cus that's the one he puts on recalling what they said.

the clues are staring us in the face, friends. mckenna was a propaganda agent (pr) used to deceive and distract.
>>
>>17000969
i reall like his information tho it makes me wonder if all counter cultures are just spiritual and political dead ends were the revolutionary goes to die?

if so how does one really make an impact?
>>
>>17000983
i question the need to make an impact at all. why care about the fate of the world? you were only just born into it two decades or so ago, your time will be up very quickly, so who cares?

personally i just live life for myself, not caring about the mass psychosis of the world at large.
>>
>>17000986
true and a valid point if been coming to thus realization slowly. just enjoy my life and family
>>
>>17000987
well, i'm inspired by buddhist concepts about life. if you think in terms of a "rebirth model" of reality, that we are not born once and die once but are involved in repeated births and deaths, that the spiritual goal is escaping from existence, then it makes little sense to get more involved with the world, concerned about political systems, concerned for the billions of humans who are really just simpletons living like animals to thrive and survive. it makes more sense to focus on your own liberation.

maybe i've been infected by the propaganda, the ancient method of neutering rebels called buddhism, i don't know. but it makes more sense to me than being overly concerned with the world as such. and if there is no rebirth, if darwinism and materialism is the final truth, then i'm even less concerned, because then my life is just a little nothing in an ocean of nothing.

thinking from the perspective of intelligence agencies, they have to control and subdue any movement which threatens the stability of the structure they are holding on to and protecting. if they see a movement getting too big, they will infiltrate it to gnaw away at it from the inside. mckenna was a mouse gnawing away at the inside of the psychedelic scene imo. all of those guys are highly suspicious, i don't trust any of them one bit.
>>
>>17001005
nice point of view you have their, i am curious tho what about say timothy leary?another agent provactuer?
>>
>>17001009
a good comedian
>>
how can people claim terence was an dissinfo agent when all he did was just rehashed shamanic views?

and how those could be considered dissinformation by anyone is beyond me
>>
File: -b07ab95eb8a9ad78.jpg (158KB, 980x646px) Image search: [Google]
-b07ab95eb8a9ad78.jpg
158KB, 980x646px
>>17001023
it may be that, after all, the perspective he propagandized was, in fact, the most enlightened, and that in a strange sense, the cia/fbi had benevolent intentions, in effect telling the new wave of psychedelic seekers that it is futile to try and change the system, it specifically exists to control the masses of unenlightened folk unlike yourselves, so just create your own little communities and "turn on, tune in, drop out". after all, even sober meditative experiences basically lead to the same conclusion: find your ancestral place in nature, drop out of the artificial world of society, don't try to alter a monstrous machine that will crush you mercilessly for attempting. it doesn't require a mushroom or lsd stamp to realize it.
>>
>>17001040
so basicly the CIA just wanted a terence mckenna instead of a timothy leary?

that makes sense maybe. still the mckenna views on entheogens werent his own and the battle of cia/fbi was political and not about the soul at all
>>
>>16998970
McKenna seems like the type to embrace bad trips. There's a quote from someone, can't think of who, but it's basically that "people always try to avoid bad trips but those are the great ones. Those are the ones that have the most information"

I'm not super familiar with McKenna but with as much experience as he had in the subject, I'd imagine one bad experience wouldn't scare him off.

In fact the whole story seems fake to me.
>>
>>17001069
theres a story on the web about one DMT trip that scared him enough to never touch it again.

also, i remember how he was saying stuff about salvia divinorum and how he is chicken scared of it - something like that
>>
>>17000271
>>17000838
Then he looked right through me
With somniferous almond eyes
Don't even know what that means
Must remember to write it down
>>
>>16999056
I once took mushrooms int he form of black/brown liquid. They´ve been in bottle with absinthe, don´t remember how many grams, too many.

I left this realm for a few seconds, was on different realm/planet with entities.
>>
I never understood why when I used to trip I'd only hallucinate looking at certain things times, like mirrors especially.
>>
Hello, for what I know, the pineal gland in our brains produces DMT during deep meditations practices.

If you think about it, meditation itself is natural; it switches the brain waves from Beta to deeper state of consciousness. It's not something outside ourselves, its something that the brain is capable of naturally. My question is: are the deep meditation trips and the mushrooms trips pretty much the same? If so, I wouldn't say that it "destroy your mind", if you're not prepared yes it would, but imho if you're ready and worthy you can go through without going insane. Btw, thats just an intuition, never really tried to do neither of the experiences we're talking about, I just want to know what you think. Thanks, sorry for my english but its not my native language
>>
>>17000420
You're right, Steven Pollock did, but I understand that he used a specimen that Terence originally found in the amazon as a starting point
>>
>>17001086
Mckenna grew Salvia divinorum and other spp. on his land in Hawaii and definitely took it. He told Alexander Shulgin that it puts him "out of mind". Also you have to understand that the Salvinorin A contained in the plant Salvia divinorum that were used by the natives in Oaxaca, Mexico were not very potent and it's the extracts that have the intense effects westerners are familiar with.
>>
>>17001206
Mushrooms don't destroy your mind, they contain psychedelic tryptamine compounds similar to things like DMT, serotonin, et al that bind to 5ht2a serotonin receptor sites
>>
Gladstanson obtons in the cardians for me and mines. I ask for where from where is for "where"? For many forms of libintation, the contrastous formications of bombrastons or dreampt comfs of many were obtinitious, where on wentitiouns of gords do dale on acts? We wask a seccorenedounts of our thyme evor dey to queseshon what if thyme? What exactely are these numblers? To meny wembletations wexate us to these dials. Shelbon plaid some said thrat perhap this is mermonrisation of "thyhyhyhyhyme" on a glander scouil. Gorl "in" gole, I grew in the garold of horson but wrought miltitidinies in the rong'as-plane. Glale in gole, for who did it go swell? Swoyle in swoyle, arrang'ed thoe our tortepsetin of toihym miight be. And brenonouisly mighbe meningliss. Not of I, but the hidgipnisk slatenburgs of whenswols, tidgits and trils betwixt this and the hazed clock on the wall.
>>
>>17000552
yes
>>
>>17000983
>i reall like his information tho it makes me wonder if all counter cultures are just spiritual and political dead ends were the revolutionary goes to die?
the word "counter culture" ought to be be a red flag for everyone with half a brain

there's no such thing as a counter culture, reactionaries sure but it all boils down to culture - who controls which direction is heading is what is important, if you can control the rebels then you don't have to be afraid of a revolution
>>
>>17001235
Yes, amazonian PES

Also, I should say that I have talked to Dennis about mushrooms. He doesn't do them any more. He is more interested in dabs, flower, and ayahuasca.

His brother was also not a shill or FBI informant. He decided that at a young age, he didn't want to become a scientist... again, drawing from the brotherhood of the screaming abyss, terrence just wanted to get high. His association with mushrooms started after he learned mushroom cultivation and co-authored a book by Oss and Oeric (code names for the Mckenna brothers).

That quote about becoming an FBI agent or whatever that some anon posted is a misunderstanding of a passage of what terrence was talking about.

I don't consider myself an expert on this subject, but Dennis was my professor and we talk once in a while, so I can tell bullshit when I see it.
>>
I've had some crazy bad trips in my life, but i'm still planning to do a large dose of shrooms on my coming 30th birthday couple of weeks from now, McKenna was supposed to be The Mr. Shrooms, one could only speculate at the intensity of his particular bad trip.

As for him being an FBI asset, he dropped so many clues to that in his talks, you'd have to be really fucking stupid to not pick up on them.

Doesn't make ALL of what he said invalid, just remember to take everything, as you should always, with a grain of salt.

Still was a great mind, in my opinion.
>>
>>17001040
That's bullshit.

The government will fuck you up for experimenting ,regardless of how detached from society you think you are.

Terrence was no shill. He was not involved with the FBI.

Well scratch that... He was busted once for hashish, which is outlined in Dennis's autobiography.
>>
>>17001040

That's why Rajneesh was chased out by authorities of every country that accepted him, until he returned to India?
>>
>>17001403
you're just a "duuuude he meant the mushrooms wooooahhhh brah" level thinker, sorry.

>>17001410
you too

>>17001426
rajneesh doing far more than detaching from society, he was creating his own communism in oregon that would inevitably attempt to grow even larger. he and his leadership cronies were all practically insane, whacked out, willing to poison innocent citizens. hardly a peaceful drop out group.
>>
>>17001403
>He is more interested in dabs, flower, and ayahuasca.
>dabs

lmfao. dennis is a pothead who couldn't handle life without it and got suckered back in with a volcano vaporizer. in other words, he's weak and dependent on smoking some "dabs" to get through his days.

the social experiment of legalized recreational marijuana in the states should tell you everything you need to know about marijuana. it's not a mind-opening spiritual tool for enlightenment, if it was customgrow420 would be the buddha. it keeps you high and too stupid to think clearly. the more you use the more thc builds up in your fat cells, eventually you become little more than a walking talking pro marijuana propaganda machine.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aCxZEWi2lU

behold the smug stoned self-satisfaction on the hippy's face as he buys dennis' affirmation of the "mushrooms not fbi" theory.

hilarious that dennis calls it "uncritical thinking" which is exactly what anyone who actually believes terrence was talking about being recruited by the mushrooms is a victim of. it takes a stoned stupid mind to hear that blip of conversation where terence spilled the beans and retreat into fantasy thinking rather than simply letting the truth smash your teeth out awestruck.

i personally believe terence said that purposefully, knowing it would one day sneak out and create a massive dissension and doubt.

if you believe the mushroom theory, you're as dumb as that kid nodding with a smile thinking "great, now i can't wait to get back to my basketball dribbling space elves"
>>
>>17001487

> it's not a mind-opening spiritual tool for enlightenment, if it was customgrow420 would be the buddha. it keeps you high and too stupid to think clearly.

As a weed and other drug user of some 10 years, i can back this up. After i got onto the path of seeking self-actualization and answers to the important questions in my life, weed turned out to be a great impediment to meditation and other assorted practices, so i had to give it up.

It's all fun, but at some point you have lay that shit to rest, if you want to actually get something tangible out of life.
>>
>>17001521
agreed. my posts in this thread are getting harsh because i cannot believe that people actually buy into the whitewash told by mckenna's followers and brother regarding that revealing statement about being recruited by "them".

i'm honestly a bit afraid for people who are willing to think so fantastically rather than seeing the obvious, realistic explanation staring them in the face. no doubt chronic cannabis use is preventing them thinking critically about the issue.

i also smoked for a long time, as well as using many other things, and at some point had to come to terms with what was really going on in my life. what was i really getting from chronic cannabis use? it didn't seem to matter how high and "spiritual" my mind was while high, because as soon as i ran out i became desperate, just like every other stoner, and started scraping bowls for resin, searching the floor for crumbs, calling up strangers desperately looking for a quick fix. what was i avoiding? when you realize that you're using it to avoid life in your natural sober state, it should cause a deep disturbance. why can't we handle life without it? how did we become so dependent on it when for years prior to ever using we were doing just fine? what happened?

in my case, i realized weed is insidious and deceptive. it tricks us. it's not immediately addictive because it remains in the body for days to weeks to months, slowly being detoxed out. with each use, the thc in the body and brain builds up. when you get into daily usage, missing a session feels like you're missing something in life. who the hell wants to live like that for very long? i want to reach old age healthily and happily, not dependent on a bag of weed to get by each day. once you stop using and detox it all out and adjust your thinking in a big way, you can start enjoying life and finding meaning in things again without any smoking or ingesting of cannabis. so the question arises, why use it at all?
>>
>>17001465
>you're just a "duuuude he meant the mushrooms wooooahhhh brah" level thinker, sorry.

You're just a shit poster on /x/ with nothing to back up their statements who is too stupid to understand a quote on the internet. You literally misunderstood a quote and you are projecting this shill crap on us because you are the shill.
>>
>>17001487
You're a complete faggot. Marijuana can open the mind. It can be used in combination with meditation. Calling it a social experiment is stupid as well. Weed was okay until they made it illegal with racist laws that prevented white women from getting with colored people. It was and has been around for thousands of years.

You need to try harder, faggot.
>>
>>17001518
You really believe that he was an informant for the FBI? Then you're an idiot.
>>
>>17001540

>why use it at all?

Enter "how can it be a sin if it feels so good?"

Have you read Tim Power's "Deviant Palace"?

It has a brilliant line in it, about drugs in general, that people like to rock upon the warm waves of feeling that they accomplished something, even though they actually didn't. That's all that weed is. True blue Soma. Going nowhere. You have arrived. But it is not reality you seek, just another distraction.

For me, the biggest eye-opener was the first remission, when i got high again, but this time, due to some prepwork courtesy of our own /omg/, i was able to actually somewhat consciously observe myself in this state.

That's when weed totally was lost on me, when i actually tried to integrate it into spiritial practices. Pro-tip: you can't. You just remain high.

And now the government is suddenly saying it's ok? Yeah, no way there's hegilian dialectic at work here, no sir.
>>
This is a very good thread.
It contains almost everything I looked for when visiting this board today.
Thank you, /x/.
>>
>>17001567

>Marijuana can open the mind. It can be used in combination with meditation.

No, it cannot, to both statements.

You just remain high i.e, under the influence of sensual input. Show me one manual on meditation, that's lineage approved and not some New Age claptrap where meditation under the influence is advised and encouraged.
>>
>>17001561
>>17001567
>>17001574

[tiggered]
>>
>>17001585
It works for different people differently. What about Rastafarians?
>>
>>17001591
I'm not triggered. I just don't spout bullshit.

I personally know Dennis and I knew Terrence. Dennis was also my professor.

You are just ignorant and want to start some thread about shills and made up bullshit.
>>
>>17000909
not at all surprised
I understand the CIA was big behind the LSD stuff too
>>17000838
>>17001092
Strapped down [to] my bed
Feet cold and eyes red
I'm out of my head
Am I alive? Am I dead?
Sunkist * and Sudafed
Gyroscopes and infrared
Won't help, I'm brain dead
Can't remember what they said
God damn, shit the bed
>>
>>17001616
lol
>>
>>17000697
>>17000618
You're describing what happens when the spirit in your body leaves and you inhabit it instead.

There's only so many real spirits, most humans do a pretty good job convincing you they're human but they're really just clever projections. The rest of us are pawns in a weird cosmic game. Doing too many psychedelics at once in the specific mindset of whatever can trigger your spirit's dump onto the server, so to speak. Then a new one gets uploaded and it takes a few seconds to start working again.

Remember the old notion that if you teleported, the being on the other side would be just like you and think it was you, but you'd be dead? It's like that.
>>
I think psys activated something really evil inside or in close proximity to me. Ever since I can't even take small amount of cannabis without getting really violent flashbacks and shaking all over and this was years ago
>>
Phycs help me quit heroin
>>
for the majority of people, we simply can't know if something is a conspiracy or not.
this is a lesson that you shouldn't fully depend on, or fully put your trust in something.
consider these ideas, look at things objectively, and decide for yourselves whether they have merit.
it actually doesn't matter whether or not he was a shill. this need to divide between merit and shill is actually contrary to the very notion of being open minded, which is to consider everything, all possibilities and when gathering information, to be okay with letting things be as they are.

>>17001540
>why use it at all?
it's fun lil nigga
we should
it's fun and then you die
life is made up of all of the expressions that you can take in. at the end of the day, what matters is who had the most fun.
i think you're right though. a lot of people, and myself having been there as well, are using it as an escape. i don't smoke anymore because i think it does distract people. imo i think it only has potential for good things. it's not a cure-all. i think the fun has merit in and of itself, to a point. it can make you think interesting things too, not for the sake of having something to hang onto afterward, but more just to experience for its own sake
>>
>>17001599
>>17001574
It seems more probable that he was working for the FBI than not. The only people they let go are the ones that are going to work for them.
>>
OK guys,

this gets more paranormal then most realize
>been doing research into combining psychedelics for some time
>there are many 'entity' type of drugs, where you meet different lifeforms and they show you things
>read about several experiences of people mixing shrooms, dmt, lsd, ketamine, and other hallucinogenics
>these entities are of a different kind and they interact with each other
>most recent was an experienced user did lsd, dmt, salvia, and shrooms
>had 4 different entities fighting, playing, talking, and communicating inside of him
>doesnt remember most of it but describes a trip like no other
>has done aya several times
>said it was aya meets crack meets the worlds largest wormhole with 4 crazy kids running around showing you many different things
>what if more research was done with more psychedelics

for research, I have been collecting my own assortment of psychedelics from the book 'Plants of the Gods: Their Sacred, Healing, and Hallucinogenic Powers'
>possibly hundreds of psychedelic plants out there
>i have gathered: datura, san pedro, peyote, phragmites australias (dmt), st john wort (a lesser known moai), syrian rue, cannabis, shrooms, and salvia (i grow my own)
>nov 27 is a big date for psychedelics (worldwide frequencies will be lined up for max exposure)
>see you guys in space?
>>
>>17001574
not an informant necessarily, although like leary i'm sure he gave them some names... but he was used as a public propagandist, to guide the suggestible sheep where they wanted them, which is further down the rabbit hole chasing fantasies on psychedelics

>>17001599
so what, because you "knew" them a little bit, you think terence would spill all the beans just for you? the beans he was probably told to keep tightly locked in a can otherwise there'd be serious consequences to face? you think he'd tell you everything just because you supposedly knew him? man...

and dennis? you don't think he was either kept in the dark too or sworn to secrecy, used for this exact purpose of cleaning up after terence let the cat out of the bag? dennis gives the impression of being terence's saner brother, so naturally you'd trust him, right?

how did terence go from being wanted by the fbi for drug smuggling to living like a new age prophet giving public lectures promoting drug use? what bizarre twist of logic do you use to overlook the obvious here?

look: i still like terence, i still find him entertaining and interesting to listen to or read, but that doesn't mean i will ignore what is very obvious to me from a little research.

answer this: where will you get from high dose mushroom experiences? if taking high doses of shrooms is "the way", where does it lead you? this thread - not created by me - began asking about what terence could've possibly experienced that shocked him straight for a while. i propose that he simply experienced madness and realized that the experiences he had on lower doses, which seemed suggestive of so many things, led to madness if followed faithfully to the end of the rabbit hole. it doesn't go anywhere except psychosis. the reason that many of us have had experiences on high doses of these drugs and come back down safely and sanely is just a testament to the power of the brain to re-stabilize after abnormal drug-induced experiences.
>>
>>17001739
after spending hours looking for flannel shirts on the internet yesterday, i had nightmares about a flannel shirt conspiracy while sleeping, in recurrent repeating dreams that continued even after i woke up to piss and went back to sleep.

see what i'm saying? just because a drug induces an experience of "entities" fighting it out doesn't mean it's fucking real, man! the mind is weird!
>>
>>17000000
>>
>>17001772
at first i thought so the same, but more and more research proved me wrong
>all these drugs, well most, induce a similar experience
>its not a random feeling or thoughts, it generic and follows the same patterns
>these entites (from more experienced users) shed light on events and teach the users
>have to develop a relationship with the plants
>salvia especially, is a very strong entity drug, but most users do not experience the entities because it takes growing it yourself and building trust over time

my good friend who supplied me with my first salvia plant has been a very long time user, he experienced a lesson he learnt from the drug,
>anytime someone in his mind is lying a yellow dot appears over them
>he has done it so much it appears when he is not on the drug
>has been very accurate with its 'lie detector'

studies show these 'natural drugs', not including pills heroin or w/e, actually form new connections in the brain and the more they are used the more they reveal.
>imo a new type of study has to be done
>these could be ground breaking because many successful people claimed to use these drugs before breakthroughs
>steve jobs and lsd
>mark twain and cocaine
>Da Vinci was said to use psychedelics in a secret cave in Italy where he would return with new inventions he 'saw' in the future
too many coincidences at this point for me not believe they might operate on a different dimension for us. plus we are what we eat and consuming psychedelics we can grow more into them
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo7P-z9gBSg

check it out, we've got five buddhas right here, perfectly enlightened by dabs, flowers, joints, bongs, blunts, all highest grade thc from their local dispensaries! what wisdom will they bestow on us lowly shwag smokers next? look at their illuminating, holy auras! truly magnificent to see such awakened souls, such glorious prophets of the cannabis plant.

what i ask myself is if marijuana has some kind of spiritual entheogenic potential, why haven't these dudes realized it yet? they smoke far, far, far more than i ever did, of purer product, higher concentrations of thc, yet we have no commonalities at all, i am nothing like them, they are nothing like me?

i can only conclude that my focus on non-drug spiritual things, like serious reading, study, self-discipline, self-restraint, celibacy, meditation, etc have elevated me, with or without the potted plants i used to inhale.

if weed had any potential whatsoever to truly "awaken" people, the government would never, ever let it get to the point of mass popularity like it is now.
>>
>>17001802
Why can't it just be an enjoyable thing to do?
Stop shitting on people that like what you don't.
>>
>>17001802
by the way, i wonder if the kid in blue ever really recovered from that 1000+ degree dab that the fat guy made him take? his lungs must be charred, he clearly hasn't taken a break since. i miss his clear, sober eyes. now he looks like a stoned moron.

it's sad to see him and the other younger kid there, still looking somewhat healthy, unaware that hanging around with those losers will ruin their health and life potential

how can they even sit in a room with all that smoke? maybe i just have asthma but i can't stand that
>>
>>17001813
cus it's not really that simple, man. it's no longer "just an enjoyable thing to do" for most people who become totally dependent on it, ruining their health and sanity year after year. they are trapped in their dependency on marijuana but don't have the brains to figure their way out of it. they try quitting and give in the moment life throws them a curveball, reaching for the cureall bong to erect their dong in artificial pleasure once again
>>
>>17001802
>dabs are not healthy or close to weed, inhaling butane and other chemicals is similar to cocaine and other drugs more then weed
>they fought weed all around the world
>the people have spoken and eventually the grip would break

They tried to stop weed and they couldnt, but they are controlling the nutrients which take away from the quality of weed
also I read some emails when the Sony scandal happened of the CEO trying to release 'mind' altering weed with hidden messages or something
>>
>>16999584
I took four tabs of white, obviously hand-cut tabs once, not really being aware of how easy it is to OD on nbomes and how common it was for dealers to sell nbomes as acid. Thank god it turned out to be acid (or at least I'm pretty sure; I've never experienced nbomes as far as I know).
>>
>>17000723
I prefer 2C-D, or more specifically 25-D NBoMe which Alexander Shulgin described as a sort of "pharmacological tofu".

The general feeling is light and bubbly. visuals range from light refractions to mild OEV and CEV. It's a great tool for self progression and the kicker is that it lasts only about 5-7 hours.

Of course any experienced Psychonaut or intelligent person knows moderation is key and anything psychedelic should be taken bi-weekly or longer.
>>
>>17000575
thanks for this informative post, it's a (sickly) fun idea that terence himself was scared by the shrooms but hid his fear from the public, but i really was waiting for someone to come debunk it.
to me, the idea that t-dog was dishonest about this seems less likely than the idea that someone wanted to get popularity with an erroneous claim..

i saw that talk from 96 where he says "i broke my own rule the other day and took some psilocybin, just a tiny bit".. i wondered what he meant by "broke my own rule". someone on youtube suggested it was a rule to separate work and recreation, but it just sounds like a guess to me..

>>17000909
this was the other comment i was hoping for.
always looking between the lines, thank /x/
but how can you know he's a shill, wheres the evidence? actually sounds like there is some when you said he admitted to it but people took it as a metaphor, can you show me that talk?
also... i mean terence is one of the only public figures i've seen talking about the idea that the government would actually try some kind of mass-misleading effort (like faking crop circles or seeding abduction myths to detract from real UFO info, or like planting a fake psychedelic figurehead). the weakest part of your theory is that it seems like an obvious paranoid delusion (not saying it is or isn't)

anyway, also thanks to everyone who shared a story in this thread. when i started the thread last night, i thought it was a bust but I'm glad to come back to /x/ today and see a ton of stories and ideas to read through. you guys aren't all useless :)
>>
>>17001487
hey bud can i ask you personally what drives you to get your truth out about this? you seem pretty determined to convince us that terence mckenna was a fraud.. what makes you so sure and what make you feel it's worth it to convince us?
>>
>>17000914
>http://www.gnosticshill.com
Muh "FBI" just stopped him to put hashish into US Universities, and eventually helped him publish his first book. Nothing else.

>'FBI' Agent.
Fuck off SHILL
>>
>>17001820
Either you don't have alot of friends or you had a bad trip and lost them all either way you need to chill out, I've been smoking weed and doing acid for 25 years and am still able to rub my own it company and send my kids to 2k a month private school.
Juse because your weak mind can't handle shit doesn't mean nobody else can.
>>
>http://www.gnosticmedia.com

His YouTube channel has a three hour video on how medidation is actually bad for you.

Just sayin
>>
>>17002152

It's shillmedia, can we agree on that?
>>
>>17000914
OK, i listened to the talk (just the clip in question). i see what you're saying, but the way he says it, his intonation definitely implies that "they" refers not to "FBI" from the previous statement, but to a different group. he's clearly implying to his audience that he was recruited as the "alien ambassador", at least on the surface.
To admit, at esalen, to people who've paid to see him speak, that he was doing a PR job for the FBI, would have been a big fuck up for him.. it goes against everything he talks about.
if this really was an admission to being an FBI agent, what's his motivation? It seems like something he'd want to keep secret.
Are you suggesting he's deliberately hinting at it, but intentionally leading the audience to think he's talking about something else? That he was hoping the TRUE believers would see this ambiguous clue and know the truth was that they *shouldn't* listen to his ideas?
As a written quote, it definitely sounds like "holy shit mckenna just admitted to being recruited by the FBI," but when you hear it as it was said, it's obvious he's referring to a different "they".
this links directly to the audio
http://media.blubrry.com/gnosticmedia/p/www.gnosticmedia.com/audio/TerenceMcKenna_admits_he_was_agent.mp3
if this clip is where the "terence mckenna was an FBI agent" theory is from, then I'm pretty sure we can close the book on that.
>>
>>17002185

He hinted at his ties with the government in his 1995 "Evolving Times" lecture, too, when answering a question about, of all things, William Cooper's book Behold a Pale Horse.
>>
>>17002185
Every time TMK threads appear, there's this guy posting that gn0sticmedia link.
>>
>>17000909
Go to bed, Jan.
>>
If you want to trip or get high once in a while, that's fine. But don't expect enlightenment from it, pls
>>
>>17000420
Was Terrence high when he saw the UFO? Also, does any of this thread ring true (since you apparently know more about this by knowing Dennis)?
>>
>>17000575
This doesn't really clarify it. It just seems to suggest that Terence did stop taking mushrooms regularly and that the incident in 1996 was unusual rather than the norm.

If so, why did Terence stop taking mushrooms at the same time he was telling the whole world to take them?

Is that the only reference of Terence taking shrooms after 88/89? If so, then it seems strange for such a shroom enthusiast.
>>
>>17000618
Had that same experience during a mushroom trip. It seemed to last forever, but it was probably about 30-45 minutes of feeling that way, not knowing who I was, etc. Terrifying at the time.
>>
>>16998963
Yeah if you start to get too wise with psychedelics and they'll turn on you and remind who's boss.
>>
>>17002347
I think it's reasonable to assume that he could have stopped taking mushrooms for personal reasons, but still valued what he'd gained from having had taken them and wanted others to have the opportunity too.
It's also seems reasonable to guess that while he may have had a terrible trip in the late '80s, it's not necessarily the only (or even a) reason that he would have decreased his mushroom use.
Looking back at this thread now it seems like the entire idea was born from people misreading too closely..
>>
>>17000738
i wanna trip wit this nigga
>>
>>17002370

This. Humble yourself.
>>
>>16999727
Sounds like you got a lot out of it, thanks for sharing bro
>>
>>17000563

one day you'll finally figure out it was a metaphor for the entities your mind produces all along
>>
>>17002329
i think that guy is talking about when terence and his brother were trekking through the amazon.
they were looking for people to show them ayahuasca, but along the way they discovered magic mushrooms and started eating a bunch of them pretty much all the time.
during this time, terence and his brother dennis both underwent some pretty strange phenomenon and had some really wild thoughts (lol, duh)
I'm a little cloudy on the details but terence was pretty convinced that there was a giant alien spaceship directly overhead that maybe they were interacting with or receiving signals from
this whole thing is detailed in the book True Hallucinations, which you can hear read aloud by the T-Dog himself (complete with new-agey ambient soundtrack!) here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhmCldK0-0g
>>
>>17001616

....Bob help me!
>>
>>17000271
Sounds like you were Rosetta stoned
>>
>>17002494
man i just assume every tripfag is that xenon guy but you just confirmed it
>>
File: 1434457331952.jpg (24KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1434457331952.jpg
24KB, 350x350px
>>17001585
Do you even hardcore tantra? The original stuff?
>>
>>17002588

Post books.
>>
>>17002597
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-S2wAjLwNUs

Good video about marijuana and it's supposed spiritual effects
>>
>>17002576

Namefag... but no I'm not Xeno...

...nor am I Lintwhistle/Soup/Rice

AKA Xeno...

...but he's cool... I totally GET his names...

You know?

Lets just say he's not the ONLY one to study Top Gun and Jurassic Park!
>>
>>17001403
Nice.
I am the guy you replied to talking about Pollock. Please do not mind the dumb ass posters replying to you. You are one of the few people on this website with something worthwhile to say and who knows what he is talking about. I get that we aren't on shroomery or drugs-forum or bluelight et al but still

Yes, the infamous book on mushroom cultivation. I've been meaning to get a copy (for the historical value, as the methods are out of date) as well as Pollock's one book. I think it is very cool that you have that relationship with Dennis. He was very important to the psychedelic community/culture in the west, especially with the discoveries with Ayahuasca and how from what I understand, he was the first or among the first to describe the pharmacology in the west which western science was doubtful of hearing about it (they didn't believe dmt could be active by consuming it orally but they were not aware of the abilities/presence of the beta carboline in the ayahuasca vine)

Anyway have a nice day
>>
File: image.jpg (186KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
186KB, 750x1334px
I started doing psychedelics when I was 17. My first trip was terrible. I took LSA and vomited blood and thought I was gonna die / go crazy / it would last forever. I lay in bed for six hours in total darkness with only my dog for company. I then realized I was no longer tripping and took a shower and wrote a trip report. I submitted it to erowid but never received a response. Oh well. Second trip was 2ci. Took it at a festival. Spend most of the time drawing designs in the sand. Felt lonely being there by myself. Third trip was acid. It was my first good trip. Really, my best trip ever. I later took ayahuasca and almost had a bad time due to stomach cramps but then my friend started freaking out and I realized I was nowhere as bad as him and felt better. Have tripped countless times since. Always preferred average doses. Light doses are too weak and high doses are too strong. Worst trips are when you're not all the way there or too far out. Took 120 mgs 2ce once. Terrible. Took 150 mgs 4-aco-DMT once. Strange and terrible. Eventually I got diagnosed schizo after my n^nth trip. Got me on antipsychotics. Can't trip anymore but this thread gives some good nostalgia.

I think gnosticmedia may be partially correct but I don't think the gov't is necessarily evil and trying to make us go crazy. Then again, I am crazy. So maybe I'm in denial. I used to read leary and mckenna and shulgin and ram dass and erowid and shroomery and bluelight and 420chan and so on. I'm still pretty politically revolutionary. I also smoke weed every day. C'est la vie.

Anyway, here's my crazy trip:
>take acid
>become convinced there's an invisible person
>become convinced that reality is an illusion and that the invisible person is communicating with me in visions and signs
>lo, miracles and mysteries!
>slowly come to in a psych ward as if recovering from a dream
>only bits and snatched of memories remain
>but I was a hero, a prophet, a messiah, a king
>>
i knew a guy that would take shrooms every week for a couple months, even before that he always seemed a bit askew. pretty sure he has lost his damn mind by now, last i heard his old roomie kicked him out and he got fired from his job for being drugged out, he had sorta the same facial structure as the guy in the OP
>>
>>17004014
Coming down from a trip myself of a little more of a gram of dried caps and I had this realization lol..

All the drugs I've done.. for what
Now I feel brain dead, like life isn't worth living, etc. Idk.
>>
>>17004244
I think humans aren't meant to see the truth. We're too immature to handle it. Naked stoned apes hurtling on a rock through space. Terrified to our wit's end. Perhaps there is a reason for our society's immense fear of these drugs. How could our society survive without the lies it uses to support itself?
>>
>>17000649
Under rated post
Also, wonder what is
>>17000000 get
>>
>>17004014
>Light doses are too weak and high doses are too strong.
Nah, Sherlock?!

>>17004114
[Source needed]

>>17004768
THX FOR BS, NOW GET THE FUCK OUT HOMO
>>
>>17001040
I dont think the government thinks as long term as to create outsider communities that will ailenate themselves from society. Rather like the hippies and LSD they simply looked to stopped outliner individuals from become too politically and revolutionary minded. They changed the fight from instead of making it about us vs. the man to being us vs. the collective materialistic unconscious. They've done the same thing (in a different way) with the tea party (make it about right vs left) and occupy wall st. (making it into BLM and there by only about race).
>>
File: 1390702427755.jpg (188KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1390702427755.jpg
188KB, 640x480px
Holy shit. Ha damn about a month ago I dropped two hits of Lucy and experienced something similar. 2-3 years ago I dropped 6 hits and had the classic, "reality is falling apart trip", which while terrifying and bad at first, mellowed out into a curious and colorful ride as it wound down. That really shook me up, and stopped me from tripping for years -- fast forward to this recent trip and I was already kind of anxious as it was coming up. As I began peaking, I had this revelation, or rather, this intense sensation.

"Terence kept saying, so Kat told me, that it was, "a lack of all meaning, a lack of all meaning."

I walked outside with my friend and began watching the trees. Anyone who trips knows how bizarre trees are when your tripping balls, and on my 6 hit trip a large oak tree made this elk god thing and nearly scared me shitless. Here, only 2 hits in, I saw something I can barely describe; this immense tree's foliage, turned a sharp black, the leaves on the fringe rotated inward, cyclically making geometric swirls and large and bulbous eyes. Deep in the core of it, in a blackness I truly have never seen the likes of, I heard a voice, but it was my voice, and it said something along the lines of -- "There is only an absence of meaning" This struck me like a fucking meteor,and I remember just planting down for a while, replaying it over and over and over again, murmuring it too en loop. Lucy makes all kinds of useless and redundant shit profound, but there was a nihilism here I'd never felt. It was so strong, and everything truly felt and looked so empty and blank, I felt like I was dissolving. I came up out of it quickly thankfully, and I look back and still enjoyed the trip overall, but that was fucking horrifying. The color and life draining out of everything, even myself, and there being literally everything in front of you and there still simply being nothing there.
>>
Honestly, not ready to talk about my bad trips yet. Maybe never.
>>
Well, would you look at all the disinformation. Anyway, psychedelics are a tool to help one take a big step towards acceptance of one's afflictions. Absolution can only be reached via solving the problem head-on as opposed to isolating oneself with a psychedelic experience. All you're doing when you're hallucinating is opening and closing doors to the ever-evolving peak of human existence -- that being enlightenment. It can be achieved if you're not a pussy. The awakened philosophers put it more nicely, but I think in this coddled world we have today, people need to hear things more bluntly. Stop being pussies, balance your psyche, and reach acceptance with everything that made you into the big butt-hurt baby you are today.
>>
>>16999523
McKenna was really into study of the occult

I want to know why he never spoke about the psychedelic mystery in the bible?

can anyone ask Kat or his brother if he knew about the psychoactive properties of the acacia?
>>
>>17000909
>He was shill

fucking everybody famous is shill, everybody

especially Leary and McKenna

listen to all that feminism crap
>>
>>17000983
>if so how does one really make an impact?

create a service that will help the people as well as the CIA, then sell it to the CIA
>>
>>17001616
>I understand the CIA was big behind the LSD stuff too

they needed something to make white kids nonviolent, lsd worked out OK but I think these days they just use heroin
>>
>>17006319
>I want to know why he never spoke about the psychedelic mystery in the bible?

What do you mean by this? He's talked about Christianity before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBHOumAlKhw

He also talked about Jesus on a radio interview I heard once where a guy calls up and accuses him of being a friend of the Devil or something and when he was on The Dick Cavett Show (can't find it on youtube anymore).
>>
It's funny how some days are filled with synchronicities. My last thought before waking was "shit. i need to take some acid". Then at work i read about a new documentary on shrooms had just bean released and making headlines in this little country. (witch have never happened here before), and now this is the first thread i saw when going on 4chan. If i where to believe mckenna or jaque vallee, i guess i am in touch with my purpose today. Still feel like shit though
>>
>>17000271
You know, it's funny, being an abductee and having encounters without the aid of drugs kind of makes a bad trip seem tame in comparison.

I have had some bad trips but strangely enough, only on weed. We're talking hard-core depersonalization and existential angst, and flash-backs to traumatic memories. The first major trip I took with shrooms was around fire one night out in the middle of field during a light but steady rain. I could swear that the towel I had my jar of honeyed Phyrgian Liberty caps on didn't even get damp. I took about 3 or 5 large spoonfuls. I had a gathering of spirits around me, at one point, there was a pale, malevolent entity that tried to sneak into the circle and got ran off by them.
I spent the evening pondering my past abduction experience and came out with something along the lines if:

>>You need to treat us, the human race with equity if you have not been because our advancement as a species is tied together. It's the only way we can both survive.

The next night, I was stone sober. Went out of my tent for a moment and on the way back, I saw a pair of the classic, brilliant orange lights that people have documented and describe as being like miniature Suns. What will always stick with me is how I could feel a conscious communication emanating with these lights. I was almost frightened but something about them had a calming affect. I thanked them for being gentle and watched as they drifted apart from each other in the sky before fading out of sight.

Since then, I've been having gradually increasingly frequent sightings of various craft and also communication through dream/visions and synchronicity.

If you want to work with Shrooms, there is a reason why indigenous peoples who have traditions of working with psychedelics always have some means of purifying the space of intention around your use of them. When used properly, they open you up to contact with entities interested in sharing with: Rather then exploiting you.
>>
>>17002633

Oy vey check out out all those TRIGGERED stoners in the comments. But i though the peaceful herb was supposed to make you all mellow and cool, what a conundrum
>>
ITT: druggies who think they are achieving anything but frying their already worthless brain\

pretty much every person who talks about drugs in some spiritual, serious, meaningful way is a massive faggot who lives off welfare, their parents or other dumb faggots (e.g mckenna)
>>
>>17006867
you've obviously never tried psychedelics
>>
>>17006935

Weed is a psychedelic. A shit tier one, but a psychedelic still.
>>
>>16999584
Then you haven't dealt with "demonic entities". Paranoia isn't anything compared by the onset terror induced by just being in its presence. And you know what the fuck it is when you see it. It's in our DNA to know that darkness, and react appropriately.
>>
>>17001382
dinty punconk derpretry furdreeving inless putning unchorlings. never zemlent uffer deadgroves; somehin sundin petro fefrynn - but i dygross. teflo sindum rinken ytwil. sop sop inkla dumren fendertrope.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 549x604px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 549x604px
>>16998963
Ive had a terrible shroom trip would greentext but to lazy Ive done lsd numerous times all uneventful except feelig great and seeing wierd colors I decided I wanted to try shrooms thought they would be the same took 3.8g of the strongest shrooms this dealers ever had thought it was normal dealer bullshit ate it with friend at a park and was gonna get food and go home I was only about 10 min away smoke a bowl and decide its time to leave thought I would have at least an hour till they would kick in I felt it in 15 min hadnt ate anything except breakfest and it was 5:00 tell friend we have to go now hes also feeling it have to drive 15 tripping it was the scariest moment until later that night my drivers window looked like a painting and was swerving all over the place I came up to a speedbumb and it was completely flat and stretched into the whole road I almost hit it at 35-40mph I made it home and the trip really went down from there should I cont
>>
>>17006935
i've taken lsd and shrooms, i enjoyed it.
but thinking your trip means something more and it's going to change your life is absolute druggie bullshit.
you'd have a better time going to church and believing in god but of course that's not cool and hip and you can't passionately talk to your equally hopeless peers about how you're gonna destroy your ego and shit while achieving absolutely nothing in life.
>>
>>17000762
10/10
>>
File: image.png (533KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
533KB, 640x960px
>>17007074
Ill cont anyway probably lurkfags who want to read tripstories I was 17 at the time and my parents weren't home I had one friend over besides the one I was tripping with but ill cont so we go inside and colors a super intense Ive never seen colors so intense in my life but we go to my basement and turn off the lights that was the first mistake all the lines and crevices in my house all go really bold like someone took a sharpie and drew into them and they lind of pop out and pop in it was cool to look at but i wanted to watch netflix we watch the shroom episode of family guy and thats really when the bad trip starts we turned it off half way through and switched to american dad but it was to late my friend was doing alot better than I was but he ate less and had done shrooms before it was about this time when I started sweating really bad and breathing really hard I couldnt feel myself breathing out my nose and barely out my lungs I remember making loud breathing noises so my friend would no im alive or something like that I had also had jaw surgery the year before and it felt like it was becoming undone so I got up and went to my bathroom and looked in my mirror and saw another set of fucking demon teeth in my mouth so I closed my mouth and ran to the couch and got in the fetal position it was at this point that I was losing it when my friend would try to talk to me all I would hear was this ra ra ra chanting that echoed I then grabbed my phone to check the time cause I was sure at least an hour had gone by it had only been two minutes and that made me so much worse so I shut off my phone but then started tripping about what if my mom calls me she'll know im tripping or some shit so right when I turn my phone on I get a random number text asking when I was going to pick up the tickets had no fucking clue what it meant but it freaked me out, it was just some fat bitch I work with asking if I was picking up tickets to a concert part 3 is best
>>
File: 1384463094089.jpg (140KB, 500x701px) Image search: [Google]
1384463094089.jpg
140KB, 500x701px
Maybe it was just because my first major drug experience was salvia, but I've never felt any gentleness or humor in a mystical state.

Boundary dissolution, ego loss and satori are all polite terms for a nightmare. Imagine not being able to be focus on yourself - you can never bring yourself into better focus than a blur in the background. Your self loses all significance - you don't care if you live or die. Any narrative you've used to organize your life evaporates, and everything seems to stay the same forever - change becomes conceptually impossible. An eternal moment, spent where? Nowhere - you're not in a house, or at a concert, or anywhere at all. There are no places, and there can never be any, ever.

You can look at your body or the bodies of others without the 'Humanity Lens' getting in the way. Beyond flesh, you begin to identify as a constellation of glittering particles. What McKenna tried to avoid, I've embraced. He himself mentioned that the drugs start off with a critique of the user, and only move on to talking about themselves after many doses. The walls of shame and guilt are knocked down, and before you is the horizon of an alien sun - McKenna uses the word alien.

That sun is referenced by Grant Morrison, who calls it Barbelith. In 'The Invisibles,' pigeons are depicted as having a different view of the world from humans. Dane gains this vision after jumping off a building - the soul's magnetic bond with the body is broken, and it flies free. Dark matter is theorized to form halos and cores within black holes and the sun - it may form such things everywhere.

Leary went the same direction I have, I think - he embraced his madness. His laughter and smiles were lies to hide his psychopathy - he literally says that the post-larval is without guilt and shame. He saw the same thing McKenna did, and once introduced him as "the real Timothy Leary."
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 558x386px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 558x386px
>>17007183
Part 3 so I started questioning what was reality and remember thinking how do I know the phone is real or this couch Im sitting on I still couldn't understand the tv or my friend and I was trying to just close my eyes till the trip went away but I decided to open them and when I did I looked at my wall and the part where the wall and the ceiling meet were melting together not like an ice cube but like 2 suspended colorls held by gravity or some shit and then you take your hand and whip one so that it splashes on to the other and it was making this super intense electricity sound and it grew wider and wider and started coming towards me like a tunnel I was certain I was dead or dying and If I could have talked probably would have told my friend to call the police or someone but it swallowed me and the best way I can describe what I felt like was my brain and brainstem floating through space and I felt like this until suddenly light entered and I was ripped from the trance it was my other friend who wasnt tripping and he came up to me and asked me if I was alright I almost cried when I could understand what he was saying he got me a glass if juice but I took a babysip and it felt like my mouth mixed with the juice so I stopped drinking it he also turned off this fan I had on to stop me from sweating and that also relaxed me greatly the bad trip finally ended when I reached out my arm to grab the juice and it felt like my arm extended 30 feet so I was flailing it around and I smacked the cup over and the second it touched the ground I just completely snapped out of the bad trip and then for the rest of the night I just walked back and forth contemplating what just happened and I havent tried shrooms since I never want to feel like that agian ive also done nbome but it just tasted like shit and in my opinion was stronder the lsd by one or two levels but shrooms kicks lsd out the fucking door
>>
>>17007083

>you can't passionately talk to your equally hopeless peers about how you're gonna destroy your ego and shit while achieving absolutely nothing in life

Ahahahaha I hate you almost for how beautifully put that was.
>>
>>16999584
This. My bad trip was inexplicable. I lost all sense of who i was and how i got here. I had no idea I'd taken shrooms, and my perception was too far gone to give it any context.

Distilled, pure, unadulterated fear with no respite fo hours.
>>
>>17001971
Fuck NBOME, nowhere NEAR as good as proper acid. A lot of acid around where I'm from is actually just NBOME sold as LSD but you can tell the difference, more forgiving towards the end but it just doesn't have that LSD magic on the peak, not even close really.
>>
>>17006973
when people refer to psychedelic drugs they generally mean serotonergic or "classical" psychedelics (dmt, lsd, psilocybin mushrooms, mescaline) which bind to serotonin receptor sites

things like cannabis and ketamine and other hallucinogens (another misnomer) which are sometimes called psychedelic and can be "psychedelic" in effect or in the etymological sense (mind-manifesting) they are not true psychedelics

>>17001971
Those two drugs, while related, are not the same and provide very different effects pharmacologically and and experientially

>>17007723
Just because certain n-benzyl phenethylamines were sold as "acid" by street drug dealers looking to make an easy buck does not mean that was their original purpose or that all n-benzylated PEAs are the same
>>
>>17006319
He grew Acacia spp. and definitely knew about the mushroom cult of christianity and the idea of all religious experience in history as a result of psychedelics
>>
>>17002633
Mmk after watching this I need some help from people on this thread to get started on meditation to make capability seem worth it again.
>>
Heres a bad trip i had. posted this here quite a few times over the years.

>be me
>19
>work at small gas station
>late january midwest friday night
>dealer happens to stop by, says he has some shrooms for sale
>We borrow a scale they sold in the glass case and weigh up an eighth in the bathroom
>close up at 11 pm, bike home in freezing temps
>eat my shrooms
>"Oh fuck its saturday. My parents will be up drinking and watching tv for the next 3 hours"
>have my friend come and pick me up and take me to a party
>go to party
>everyone is drinking
>Its a group of friends i hung around at the time, maybe 20 people there
>the night goes on, people leave or pass out
>3:30 am. Theres 6 kids around the table. all of them wasted. I have not drank. None of them know i'm tripping
>Everyone has these huge auras. one girl was flirting with me, she had a blue aura. shapes floating around in her aura, it looked like the universe
>this couple whose really drunk has a yellow stupid aura around them
>I can feel all these auras bouncing off the room and around eachother
>Theres this one guy
>21 year old virgin guitar player who mopes all the time and bitches about how everyone raves and why doesnt anyone listen to 70s gas station rock anymore
>Hes been obsessed with the girl with the yellow aura for years, waiting for her and her boyfriend to break up, saying he wanted to lose his virginity to her to his closest friends
>he has the biggest aura of them all
>its very, very, dark. The longer the night goes on, the more evil he seems
>i notice that hes barely drinking. He maybe has a 6 pack over the course of the entire night.
>his aura is growing continuously. He keeps making back handed comments and manipulating conversations. Every time he does something like this, his aura grows.
>at some point i see a house plant dying, being killed by this guys aura

cont
>>
>>17008390
>Eventually this dark aura that has strong energy flowing toward him from everyone but me in the room consumes the entire room. The entire room is completely black
>start having paranoid delusions
>"This guy is an energy vampire"
>"This guy isn't even human, hes an entity"
>"No, hes the essence of evil, hes every sociopath thats ever existed and currently exists, as one singular conscious energy, slowly manipulating the universe toward being destroyed"
>"this is satan, this guy is all over all the time, everywhere. he's your mailman with an amazing personality, hes your university professor, hes your mysterious uncle, hes george bush, hes hitler"

You get the point. So by now its like 5:30 am. Keep in mind I gotta go open the gas station at noon.

>Go sleep in the basement
>dont even sleep really, half-sleep for 2 hours
>During those 2 hours I see an astronaut step outside of the tapestry on the wall very very very slowly to the point where it took most of the 2 hours (there is no astronaut on the tapestry and it was pitch black dark btw)

I wake up at 7:30 and the fedora'd vampire gives me a ride home. I work my shift and friends from the party come in and say that i was acting weird last night and I told them the entire story. They laugh. Eventually word gets back around to that kid and everyone has a good laugh. None of them know the extent of it though and how real and scary it was.

>Trip on shrooms 3 months later, not nearly as hard
>same dude pops up while im tripping
>See the same shit going on
>I freak out and start screaming, have my friend come pick me up
>I'm seen tripping on shrooms wearing a tyedye shirt screaming about vampires at walmart

I didn't do shrooms for 2 years after this. the vampire never fucked that girl and ended up losing his virginity at the age of 23 to a prostitute in las vegas. The rest of the guys in that group fucked all the girls and now everyone hates eachother and i havent heard from any of them in 2 years.
>>
>>17006319
that's not true. He was more into alchemy. Most of his books were burned in 2 separate fires.
>>
>>16998963
You're taking drugs too literally while ignoring how they work. Tripping is stressful. People who engage in stressful activities on a repetitious basis are more prone to stress or even ptsd. He probably stressed himself out too much and his chemistry just did not bounce back. Stress and questioning your existence are activities that do not mix well. One should not drive the other.
>>
>>17001766
look man, this is what I think you need to do... READ DENNIS'S FUCKING AUTOBIOGRAPHY
It answers all of your questions.

Here is Dennis's personal email so that you might ask him about his involvement with the FBI and etc.

Re-read the quote that was misinterpreted online. You are fucking reading it wrong.

Terrence was not a propagandist. Terrence had a gift for public speaking and instead of becoming an academic, or a scientist, he decided to become a shaman.

Terrence was once arrested for drugs, but his public speaking careers happened later.

What do you get from mushroom experiences?
Well, where do you find information on the benefits of a drug?

Here is a start, check out MAPS. They are doing a lot of work with psychedelics and other drugs.
>>
>>17008390
>>17008405
Really cool, thanks for sharing.
>>
whenever I take higher doses of psychedlics (when combined it's even worse) and I feel as if I lose the connection to them combined with s feeling of being misunderstood in what I am saying, it feels as if I am falling into an endless pit of nothingness.
I am falling into the deepest places of my mind while feeling nothing but wanting this feel to end.
Sometimes I feel as if events are repeating themselves or I actually see something repeating again.
scary halluzinations or demons never occur to me (sometimes when I am close to falling asleep I see faces floating towards me while I have my eyes closed

If I do feel connected and good all my trips feel like the most pleasent and warm things I could ever encounter
>>
>>16998963
About three months ago I smoked mdma(I think) out of a meth pipe and all the walls turned into green and black stripes running horizontal and each stripe rotated black was clockwise and green was counter. There were these two small creatures that I could sense with all my senses except sight and they were behind the stripes. Two of them. The trip lasted about 20 minutes and I would smoke more before coming down. Each time I smoked more something new would happen. (1/2)
>>
>>17008567
At first there were just the stripes and two creatures. When I took my second dose spokes began to grow out of the walls . third dose made everything vibrate. Fourth dose made everything in my room that was /real/ go away. Fifth dose cause a buzzing electricity that flowed through everything and leaped around the space I was in. Then we ran out of drugs and I came down. (2/2)
>>
>>17000452
You can hear his squeaky voice slowly annunciate the syllables in this sentence.
>>
>>17008567
Smoke MDMA? You better educate yourself a bit better before you take any kind of drugs. Seems like you maybe too DMT.
>>
>>17008497
what you do when you fall into the deepest dark part of your mind, is search for the light. it is hidden away far away from the prying eyes of day, down pathways for your mind to follow like game trails in a forest that is untouched by human hands.
I can't say what you'll find when you start searching, that is up to you. but i can tell you of the truths i realized when i went down the paths inside my mind.
>>
>>17009542
the world is chaos. would be the best place to start. the world is chaos, an endless sea of shapes and things we don't understand. in this sea, we live. we are like small shells, closed capsules, tightly sealing outselves, only letting in the smallest controlled trickle of chaos in to our inside, so we may attempt to bring it to order.
but the order we put it in is false. there is no order in which it is supposed to be. for we in turn are just shapes in the sea of shapes. we are no different from the chaos, yet we perceive ourselves differently, and the idea that the "other shapes" do the same as we do is so alien ,so unfathomable to our base state that we simply ignore or repress it. and as we are just another series of shapes in the chaos, there is another, even greater shape, letting us into itself, trying to bring order out of the chaos.
the cycle of chaos and order keeps going. but in the end, there will be naught but chaos, as in the beginning there was only chaos. yet we think in ourselves, somewhere between the two points in the fabrication of time, that we are special, and unique.

this is all so hard to put in to words. it is as if i consciously attempt the ordering of the chaos, something we all do as by nature.
>>
>>17009558
why 'nature' would propel us to do this, i don't know. perhaps there is no such thing as nature, and this, in turn, is merely a part of the unfathomable chaos, that in some way still resembles order.
LSD is what takes your little shell, the edges of your encapsulated world, and just... dissolve them. as even a fraction of this is a thousand times more than you are used to. you see the world start to unravel before you, but not in the way of molecules, no. you see the structures and order that we try to fit the world into... you see the structure itself break, as you slowly take the chaos as a part of yourself. you come to accept it, and only then can you begin to even attempt to comprehend it.

what i just described, is the first... maybe two stepping stones that i took as i started down my winding paths. i do not know how many steps i have taken, how many more i will take, or if there even is such a thing as steps anymore. but at this point, i can feel... at peace. as if i finally fit in to the chaos. i can feel the little subconscious routines that desperately attempt to make order, slowly fail, and their chirping, slowly fall silent. because them, in and of themselves, are just shapes, trying to make sense out of other shapes.
follow me, friends. follow me to the forest's edge. from there, only you can be your guide. but do guide yourselves. and find the light, hidden in the paths of your mind seldom traveled.
>>
I've seen things that could be scary tripping but I thought it was cool. I always see lots of cobwebs coming out of white walls on shrooms. Anyone else get that? Also saw ducks in a pond turn into dismembered bodies and a tree limb turn into a huge snake on acid. Good times.
>>
>>17009583
there are so many things that i now understand. so many truths and so much of the fabric of the world that i can finally see. and yet i feel as if i have barely scratched the surface. it feels an imposing task to continue, and an impossible task to even attempt to put the things ahead into any coherent structure, followable by those who keep their shells closed.
i am the process. i am the little subconscious routine that falters and falls silent. i am the little machination that translates from chaos into something the closed can understand. i am inside my own subconscious routines, which in turn have their own, into the infinite. it is all apart of the greater chaos around them. if this chaos we are in is, in turn, merely a portion of the chaos a 'shell' has let inside itself... then i shudder to think of the size of this shell. for if this repeats into infinity, like any other semblance of a pattern, then where lies the end of the chaos, if there is one?
it is a great journey to take. one i have barely begun taking, and it has already led me to places previously unfathomable.
>>
>>17009606
now you may think that this 'great chaos' is merely the universe. but no, it goes beyond that. even this definition of existence and nonexistence is shattered, which is what makes it so utterly perplexing, so impossible, to put into the order of the closed shell. it is as if trying to bring order from the chaos. as 'we' have tried from the beginning. as small shells, in the great chaos.
we should not fear it. we should not attempt to shut it out of us. we should simply... be in it. be a part of it. be, IT.
it is amazing to see how the struggle for order never ends. yet all this struggling for order, will only culminate in our order being as chaotic as the beginning was. and our order will unravel.
>>
>>17009624
this is why this substance is seen as bad. how it is hated by the shells that form our communities. our bigger orders for our seperate, tiny ordering systems. because it invites the natural disorder. it springs as if a miniscule crack in the levee, and yet this little crack threatens to drown the entire valley.
i must attempt to put this into picture. perhaps that would be easier to comprehend.
>>
File: futile explanation.jpg (2MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
futile explanation.jpg
2MB, 5312x2988px
>>17009629
it is as impossible to put into word as it is to put into paint. perhaps that is just the nature of it all. the nature of the path that we must all walk alone in order to truly understand. if we wish, to understand. many will go on their own set ways, content with attempting to make order out of the chaos. imagining themselves that it matters. and shrugging off, ignoring the 'broken' shells.
we are not broken. we are not you, anymore. you are the shells. you are the futile attempts at order from the chaos. we are the chaos. we are not broken or whole, we do not exist yet we do. we are the chaos because we understand. and yet we do not understand fully. i do not understand fully. you may consider me broken. yet i only seem as a broken circle, a chain that no longer holds, when i am in a circle, i na shell, coinjoined with the chaos itself. i am the border.
>>
>>17009629
please do because your pseudo-spiritual-science is really unimaginative
>>
>>17009693
you should do acid. if you have, and haven't experienced something like this, then you have not used the appropriate dosage.
400 micrograms course through me now as i type.
>>
>>17009698
this has just been me trying to explain what i went through in what can't be more than minutes. all sense of time is gone now, and reality doesn't feel real.
>>
>>17007873
did he ever give a lecture about the acacia? I've heard him talk about Christianity a lot but never address this issue with the ark of the covenant which contains the "word of god" being constructed from the acacia wood which is a hallucinogenic plant,

I've heard it discussed that the burning bush is also thought to be the acacia.

yes I've heard about the Christian mushroom cult, I just thought this idea with the ark which contains the word of god being made of a plant which contains DMT was very interesting and would have liked to get any info about it he had, if anyone has the tip off so I don't have to listen to all the Mckenna lectures I would appreciate the help.
>>
>>17002152
can people plase stiop with all these stupid sayings?

namaste
just sayin
its 2015
on fleek dogsheet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l_L9ZZyX64
>>
>>16998963
I'm surprised it took him that long to have a nihilistic realization. That's some basic shit right there, and should not scare you unless you are a total buffoon.
>>
>>16998963
Once you get the message it's important to hang up the phone. Terence finally realized that.
>>
as an avid psychedelic user i dont blame him, i pretty much spent this entire summer trippin on (mainly)lsd and had to give it up after my last time about 2 months ago due to a terrifying trip. also id like to add that the most i've ever done t once was about 12-16 hits and had zero bad vibes but the last time i did it i ended up smoking some weed with some other friends while near the end of our trip (i took maybe 3-5 hits) and it also instantly sent me spiraling into uncontrollable paranoia to the point where i physically saw cops raiding my house that were not there (mind you i've NEVER had a hallucination that vivid EVER [besides on DMT]) then after kicking every one out tried to sleep it off but every time i closed my eyes the normal blackness of lack or light would instantly turn into vivid colors and scene's that looked like something of of adult swims off the air (i think its called that, the trippy shit they play at like 4 in the morning) and i would constantly get the sensation of like a convener belt wrapped around my head to my groin constantly turning and shifting, almost like i was melting and udio hallucinations of the singer from now, now singing the song colony in a slow trippy manner and i could like, see the voice spinning around my head with the sound, it was like she was whispering in my ear. i eventually slept it off and was fine but i am to this day terrified of psychedelics, but i kind want to do them again soon. maybe something similar happened to this guy
>>
>>17012231
ugh wish i would of caught this thread before it died, i love talking about psychedelics
>>
Why are drug threads always the best?
>>
>>17012277
because we're all on them also nice dub dubs
>>
>>17000738

damn senpai, exactly
>>
>>17000762
I've had this exact experience. I think salvia really fucks with your perception of gravity, which influences time.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1447607765330.jpg (29KB, 640x458px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1447607765330.jpg
29KB, 640x458px
>>17014358
Holy shit I had the same experience as you two, except mine last around 7 minutes and instead of being stretched out I was convinced that I was running through a forest into other dimensions, while actually I was just on the ground basically seizing up.
>>
>>17000618

I had that once after smoking what was supposed to be spice. Was drinking with a few college friends at ones apartment and we thought we'd roll a blunt of spice that I'd gotten. We circle up and before I know it I'm laughing so hard I can't breath. My face turned read and I start leaning forward before I black out.

What I remeber after that was falling. It felt like I was falling for eternity. I was spinning, felt vertigo, and sick to my stomach. That was all of was aware of at first. Eventually even that faded away and there was nothing. I was able to think, but I had no memory of who I was, where I was. Nothing. When I tried, I could picture flashes of things but they had no context. I also remember seeing a sort of light with smaller lights spinning around it. Somehow I knew it was my soul. I don't remeber the colors, but it was like a galaxy of stars but falling and spinning around itself. That was it. That was all that existed in the universe at that point. I was afraid, because I thought that I was dead and I felt no God. Just these spinning lights and the vertigo of falling. I remember the thought "Life is a simulation and God unplugged the machine." That's one thing that stood out to me.

When I started to come out of it I started seeing flashes of people again, but it was like flickering old-fashioned film. There was this silver flicker between each frame. Then suddenly I was back, sitting on my knees in the living room surrounded by my twork friends, his roommate, and her girlfriend. The girlfriend brought me a cold washcloth and I just sat their covered in sweat and breathing heavy. Then I think I started laughing histaricly from the joy of being alive again. That proubably scared them, but it felt like I was born again. But over the next few days I thought about that Godless void, and it took a long time to shake that bad feeling.
>>
UKfag here. first time I did shrooms was some liberty caps that me and my mate had picked from a place known as 'the magic mile' (for obvious reasons) well anyway, we picked about 500-600 mushrooms each, having spent a good couple of hours walking the mile stopping every 4-5 steps to pick the little guys. we got back to my mates house, a short drive from the spot. we decided to eat a hand full each of the shrooms and go on a bike ride. after swilling them down with some bubblegum flavoured pop we rode to the next village. well I don't know why but the first hand full didn't work or something so we thought fuck it. we rode back to the stash of shrooms in my van parked outside my friends house from earlier and decided to eat them all, half each. of course we needed some ciggies for our first shroom trip, so I drove to the local petrol station. I was waiting outside in the van for my mate when I noticed shit starting to get real. we drove back up to my mates house and by then the world was kicking off in to full trip mode. my mate said our friend, peach, needed a lift from his work to his house. obviously not in the mindset to drive anywhere I said yeah and drove towards where we was meeting him. miraculously we survived the journey to peaches work. It was right next to a park. by this time all i wanted to do was sit in the park and look at distant trees. I told peach that we were trippping balls and he agreed that it would be best for us to chill in the park for a bit before driving anywhere else. 40 mins into me just sitting in the park looking at shit and this old man comes over to me. really freaks me out..just the way he looked at me..like he knew I was tripping. he was talking to me about some of the women he knew that would flash their fannies (vaginas) if you asked them to. I turned to peach and said "fuck this, I'm tripping way to hard for this...I need to go home". I some how managed to drive 5ish miles home, leaving my mate tripping in the park.
>>
>>17014846
Continued..
Well I pulled up onto the driveway at my house, completely in a different universe to the one I had grown up in. got out of the van to face a neighbour who informs me that his cats had died and did I want any of the flea stuff he had left for my cats who were still alive. I don't talk to many of my neighbours that often usually and this time was no difference. I had by now lost the ability to speak. I blurted out a small noise that probably sounded like a child with a mouth full of mushrooms, quickly trying to get in my house and upstairs before my parents noticed anything was up. I thought the best thing would be to run a bath. this was a bad mistake because I had started going in and out of being in my own head. I suddenly came round with my mother banging on the bathroom door, as water was pouring down the side of the bath. now, its quite a big bath so I must of been blacked out for a while. I can remember seeing these psychedelic fractal cats on some sort of loop or conveyer belt, coming towards me and then falling off the end just as another one would appear and do the same. these cats sort of morphed over time into like fucking huge grubbs or worm like things with legs (strange I know) now i wouldn't count this as a bad trip or anything, it was just fucking strange haha
>>
>>17014739
My mate described the same sort of Godless void after smoking 5-meo-DMT.
>>
>>17001540
Been a chronic smoker for a couple years and am barely coming to some of these realizations. Thanks for the insight man, i really appreciate it.
>>
I'm planning on enrolling into film school so I can film a McKenna biopic starring Steve Buscemi.
>>
>>17014891
so is this what we think t-dog saw?
>>
>>16998963
This might explain why he seems so full of shit to me. Like he doesn't even believe a lot of what he says. I'm skeptical of any psychedelic gurus just from being in that culture for awhile and assumed it was just that.
>>
File: h0h8h0h.jpg (31KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
h0h8h0h.jpg
31KB, 512x384px
Not paranormal but I'm drunk so fuck it, I'm sharing this here.

> Be me
> Regularly take LSD and similar psychadelic shit over a period of time where I was in a shitty place
> One night take a massive dose
> Bigger than I've ever done
> I'd been drinking and got cocky
> Sitting on my own, listening to mozart like some stupid "enlightened" faggot
> Walk to kitchen to get a cigarette
> See Walrus picture I drew days earlier laughing at me
> Everything looks like it's vierwed through those old schoold 3D glasses
> All skewed on warped angled
> See reflection in window
> I'm wrapped in a blanket
> See myself age to bones as I laugh
> I'm laughing on my own in the kitchen whilst a cig burns my hand, fuck
> Sit back in chair, listening to some shit and chilling, pondering life and all that bullshit
> Weird electronic song comes on
> Feels likes things are literally in my skin, crawling inside me
> Try to shrug it off as "side effects" but getting increasingly scarier
> Walls literally start melting like some sort of DARE anti drugs commercial
> fugg
> Feel shadows surrounding me
> Melting walls closing in
> Music screaming in my ears
> Life itself is breaking down
> Run to roommates bedroom
> Hammer on his door and wake him up, tell him I think I'm going to day
> He lets me chill on the floor
> After what I believe is 5 minutes (which he later tells me was closer to 4 hours) I go to my own room
> Watch as the disembodied face of Johnny Depp on my Fear and Loathing poster floats around my room for what feels like days
> Wake up the next day and smoke weed

The end.
>>
>>17007083

>but thinking your trip means something more and it's going to change your life is absolute druggie bullshit.

But this is wrong, this is just blatantly wrong

It might not 'mean' something in a esoteric sense, but psychedelics are definitely on the verge to being used in therapy and other psychological channels. There has been rigorous testing for decades now on LSD and the like and their effects on patching up some of the cracks in people's minds. Shit works, and in small doses can help people with a host of mental ailments. Don't take my word for it, google that shit. But I guess your 'I'm on /x/ and don't like that' degree disproves all of those researchers years of hard work huh? Chud.
>>
>>16999727
That's beautiful. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>17016733
Not him but i do agree the drug does nothing on its own. If an idiot takes it he's probably just going to watch TV or something and giggle his ass off instead of having any big revelations about anything. There needs to be the potential for those understandings, it can't cause them to happen itself.
>>
Answered, Watch Limitless, Matrix, Fight Club, Phantoms, Cube, GroundHog's Day, The Truman Show, Dark City, Thirteenth Floor, Josie And The Pussycats, The Explorers, Goonies, and on and on and on.

Catching feelings is unknown
spins the
freak what you heard
man that girll look good
play on play on
>>
File: The Dark Fields.jpg (82KB, 314x475px) Image search: [Google]
The Dark Fields.jpg
82KB, 314x475px
>>17017458
Forgot my pic
>>
someone needs to help me out on my trip, has anyone else had visions of cats while tripping of a high dose of psilocybin mushrooms?!
>>
>>17000512
I have experienced something like this in a dream, in which I died in a nuclear bomb blast.
>>
>>17017664
The second type I mean. It felt like my entire mind was going, piece by piece. First my senses, sight, hearing, smelling. Then pieces of my consciousness ego, consciousness, subconsciousness. It felt like I was emptying out. Slowly drifting into the void, then I awoke to a dream. After a while I awoke from that dream.
Thread posts: 224
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.