[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Occult & Magick General /omg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 94
Thread images: 11

File: B0NwulSCUAAr1Uy.jpg (99KB, 500x717px) Image search: [Google]
B0NwulSCUAAr1Uy.jpg
99KB, 500x717px
For all your questions, suggestions and group seeking.
NOTE: You are invited to leave your contact to your group.

>Library
https://mega.nz/#F!AE5yjIqB!y7Vdxdb5pbNsi2O3zyq9KQ
>further books available upon request

>you must recommend Bardon
Read "Initiation into Hermetics" by Franz Bardon (better accompanied by "A Bardon Companion" by Rawn Clark).

>How do I start?
Depends what you want
>Ordo Templi Orientis and A∴A∴
Read Magic in theory and practice by Aaleister Crowley
>Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn and Qabalah
Read The middle pillar by Israel Regardie
>Chaos magic
Read Liber Null and Psychonaut by Peter J. Carroll
>8 circuit
Read Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson
>Rosicrucian
Read The Mystic Path by Raymund Andrea

>Other books for theory:
"Three Books of Occult Philosophy" by Agrippa.
"Theurgia or the Egyptian Mysteries" by Iamblichus.

>Does it work?
You will only know if you try it. A book only works by doing the exercises and is commonly accepted that believing is a prerequisite to give the strength to work.

>Topic for discussion
Tools of the craft and magickal catalysts you use.
>>
File: 1413479631268.jpg (162KB, 1067x1227px) Image search: [Google]
1413479631268.jpg
162KB, 1067x1227px
"magik" is bullshit and nothing more than a waste of time and money- a diversion for gullibles and egoists.
>Peter Lavenda
>>
These threads are rife with new age faggotry.
>>
For you preppers, what would you put in your magickal bug out bag?
>>
>>16992041
tactical dragon dildos
>>
what does magic accomplish? energy harvest?
>>
>>16992041
like 20 slipknot t shirts XXL
>>
>>16992041
Big ass knife with rubes and sigils carved into it
>>
How would you explain Occutism to a normie?

Serious question.
>>
>>16992208
What are they interested in exactly?

Alternatively compare it to religion.
>>
>>16992096
In my experience it's either manipulation of probability (ie material gain) or gaining knowledge about self and the universe through.
>>
>>16992221
I mean to say bringing it up in conversation, like if someone were to pry about what your religion is or practice.

I would think the vast majority of people would be very weirded out if not scared if you were to tell them "yeah i practice occultism" since they base their impressions of it on what hollywood portrays magic to be
>>
>>16992233
Yeah I'd usually avoid the topic unless someone shows interest

It's like politics
>>
>>16992247
good point
>>
omg !
>>
What area of science do you go to of you have an Interest in occultism?
>>
>>16992150
Kek
>>
>>16992096
Yes
>>
>>16992208
Close your eyes. Now allow me to describe colors and objects to you. Trust that I'm telling you the truth and then manipulate those objects while I manually open your eyes.
>>
>>16992352
Metaphysics
>>
>>16992352
I went to kabbalah.
>>
For slightly stronger discussion and the library update, I already posted a thread here a few days ago:
>>16982915
>>
>>16993456
Your thread sucks because its yours. Begone!
>>
>>16992352
every? astronomy, physics, math, chemistry

they're all extremely relevant and useful
>>
>>16993466
Alright, then I'll just hang out here, but I'll still keep updating the library :3

>>16993468
^That.
Particularly chemistry, astronomy, and depending on inclination, neuropsych, which can probably fit under chem.
>>
>>16992010
>>16992020
samefag
>>
Are there actually other people who follow 8circ here?

I have been using it as my model since 2010 but just recently read PromRi

I'd be interested in chatting with anyone else who gives a fuck about it
>>
>>16993493

You need to supplement Prometheus Rising with Alli's The Eight Circuit Brain and Huguelit's The Shamanic Path to Quantum Consciousness.
>>
>>16994577
Thank you, I will check those out!
>>
File: azha-ka.png (257KB, 536x389px) Image search: [Google]
azha-ka.png
257KB, 536x389px
Who /dboe/ here
>>
File: 1446972353595.png (38KB, 562x519px) Image search: [Google]
1446972353595.png
38KB, 562x519px
>>16994627
Me!
>>
https://youtu.be/sEwEc9LxSJ0 Creepy!
>>
>>16994644
Thoughts on the Black Sun rite? Going through that part of the book in a bit more detail now, I'd love to hear your thoughts on it so far, you mentioned you were in the note-taking stage.
>>
>>16994655
The only real notes I have for it are related to Covine work; who says what, where, and when...otherwise you're doing the whole bit.

I'd probably just use one of AC's elemental designations for the points. It appears super cut and dry in terms of what's expected of you. Seems that all you're doing is reducing your marriage vessel to ash and learning the Blood Acre (as well as a new cycle designation).

Still not sure how I'm going to reconcile moving my new year back a few months.
>>
>>16994671
The fact that he wrote it for Covines is interesting- clearly that's how the Column did it, but the fact that he mentions solitary workers should adapt it themselves suggests that it's pretty fluid, so long as the basic tenets are adhered to.

> It appears super cut and dry in terms of what's expected of you. Seems that all you're doing is reducing your marriage vessel to ash and learning the Blood Acre (as well as a new cycle designation).

Yeah I mean, it is basically just using the main ritual structure as an initiation rite, so it's reasonably straightforward. The fire should be pretty striking as an image though, much better than the "go here, listen to this, now go here and listen to this" of GD, which can be shit.

Still wondering where I'm going to do the rite, there are big parks near me but they're dodgy at night. If I'm back in my hometown it shouldn't be too hard to find a field to do it in though.
>>
>>16994700
I've got a park very near me that's got about a one mile circuit. At the west end of it, there's an bit of deeply wooded area that separates a really nice neighborhood from a middle class one. Dead center of that western expanse is a valley with a pond that I plan on working in. No fires allowed, but given how out of the way it is compared to the areas with residences, I highly doubt I'll have a problem. I've already been loudly prepping the ritual area when people have walked past on the main trail and nobody noticed.
>>
>>16994717
To be honest, I don't see the fire thing being too much of an issue, it won't be up for that long- a bigger issue is waiting for the ashes to cool down enough to get them into the box without burning it (or you). Should be pretty fucking cold at that point though, so might not take that long.

Still, I'm going to try and scope out some locations during the interstitial period, prep work will be key for this one.

I'm still intrigued by the idea of the alternate Lunar current. Chumbley seems to imply that doing it that way (based on full moons, culminating at midsummer with the burning of the Phoenix Vessel) means you don't have to go through the 14 tasks, but he (infuriatingly) doesn't elaborate on it.

Luckily, I live near quite an old graveyard that isn't locked at night, so I may be able to get hold of some grave dirt if needs be. I had always thought it'd be an interesting graveyard to do the ONE initiation from the Toad Grimoire, but that requires having toads/blackthorns/anthills/streams in your area
>>
>>16994759
Not gone through ONE with any kind of diligence, interestingly, those criteria are met in my proposed Blood Acre in the warm months.
>>
>>16992010
What's a good payment to a lesser demon?
>>
>>16994777
Depends on the demon.

I like using a textbook related to a subject they like.
>>
File: 1446543209583.jpg (189KB, 1250x905px) Image search: [Google]
1446543209583.jpg
189KB, 1250x905px
>>16994780
Pic related is the demon. Know anything about him?
>>
>>16994800
sauce? who makes these?
>>
>>16994814
I just saved it from a post. I don't know who made it.
>>
>>16994800
Try Lemegeton, man.
>>
>>16994851
Thanks man.
>>
>>16994780
you destroy it? that's expensive man
>>
>>16994777
OP here. I don't pay demons. They do what I say if they know what's good for them and if they don't they are thrice cursed.

Anyone have any sources on Asian sorcery/magick systems please? Preferably websites I can read to get my beak wet. Also kabbalistic magic systems. How do I use it for magic please?
>>
File: 1445494231804.jpg (75KB, 601x601px) Image search: [Google]
1445494231804.jpg
75KB, 601x601px
>>16992010
this would be so interesting if it were actually real
>>
>>16996436
Definition of real. Definition of magic.
>>
>>16996436

it is real
>>
>>16996666
These satanic quads prove it.

Holy shit.
>>
>>16996666
It's proven. Magick is real
>>
>>16992352
You don't. Magic is unscientific.
>>
File: third-eye_1410904576.gif (7KB, 454x295px) Image search: [Google]
third-eye_1410904576.gif
7KB, 454x295px
Can anybody guide me into reaching spirits or angels?

I know it's possible.
but i'm afraid of making terrible mistakes
>>
>>16992010
Prove magic is real.
>>
>>16992352
I've never met an occultist with a science degree. The closest you'll find is people who follow "I fucking love science" on Facebook, and unironically use terms such as "energy manipulation".
>>
Daily reminder that your egos need to be kept in check
>>
>>16997936
Magic doesn't real
>>
>>16993468

How exactly does scientific knowledge complement magical knowledge?
>>
>>16999456
> psychology: magic is 100% psychology
> math: sacred geometry
> chemistry: alchemy
> astronomy: astrology, communing with your favorite planet or galaxy
>>
>>16997970

Then you've not looked very hard. There's a long history of scientists interested in the occult, and vice-versa. I personally have a bachelor's of science in biology, and am working on my master's degree.
>>
File: my little cultist.jpg (309KB, 1200x1176px) Image search: [Google]
my little cultist.jpg
309KB, 1200x1176px
Are there books on Astrology on the library?
>>
A good love spell for some that you like or a call me spell would be great.
>>
>>16999698
That is the cutest Klan-member ever.
>>
>>16997461
You first have to purify you body and in so doing reach your spirit which is connected to your vessel. Then JUST DO IT.
>>
>>16994777
>>16994800
>>16994822

I don't know why you keep getting le spoopy ID #'s, anon, but you need to know what you're summoning before you call it. That "lesser demon" and its sigil seems to have originated from some random asshole on /x/. Who the random person is, what their intentions are, who the "demon" is and what it's intentions are no one has any idea. You might as well leave your name, address, house key and a request down at skid row for some random bum to pick up if you're going to do that ritual. Take AOT's advice and look at the Lemegeton. A lot of the spirits in there, magicians have worked with for hundreds of years; we know pretty much who they are and what they do and their temperaments.

And know what you're doing and how you're doing it before you attempt something; don't just mindlessly follow the instructions from some book. Does the ritual call for a circle? Well why does the circle work and how do you cast an effective one? Are you invocating certain spirits, deities, angels, what have you, during the ritual to help you control the one you're summoning? Well who the fuck are they and why should they care about helping you? Suppose what you summon gets pissed at you or you accidentally get the wrong thing, do you know how to banish it?

You can take that however you want, it's just my advice to you from someone who's made similar mistakes. Okay, end of sermon.
>>
>>16999520
>magic is 100% psychology

Wishy-washy subjective bullshit is interchangeable with other wishy-washy subjective bullshit? You don't say!
>>
>>17001017
>magick
>psychology

when will we cleanse our board of these cancers
>>
File: disdainforplebs.jpg (22KB, 420x348px) Image search: [Google]
disdainforplebs.jpg
22KB, 420x348px
>>16997970

Get a load of this pleb.
>>
>>17002459
And how much has humanity benefited from Newton's worthless studies into occult superstition? :^)
>>
File: theletubies.jpg (1MB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
theletubies.jpg
1MB, 1440x1080px
oh look, it's this thread again
>>
/omg/, can I just jump into the Corpus Hermeticum or should I read Initiation into Hermetics or the Kybalion first?
>>
"Definition", from Latin "definire" meaning: to set bounds to.
>>
>>17003099
I have a similar question. I just finished the Kybalion, and was wondering what should be next.
>>
Is it possible to use Magick to influence the outcome of something? Say I'm playing Rock Paper Scissors with someone? Could I will it so I'm more likely to win?
>>
>>17003099
>>17003711
I'd say Kybalion then Corpus Hermeticum then De Mysteriis then the Enneads

Initiation Into Hermetics is fake and gay IMO
>>
>>17004122
Why would you concern yourself with something like that?
>>
>>17004122
Motherfucker.
>>
>>17004162

I wouldn't. I do play tennis competitively though and would want to use magick to help me. I'd assume it could work just a well? Any suggestions on what I should read?
>>
>>17004188
Read David Foster Wallace. Infinite Jest is a grand grimoire of tennis magic.
>>
is there a torrent file for the mega index?

i like to hoard information
>>
>>17002528
Do you even know what occult means? By definition, something is occult when available to the few only.
>>
>>17004716
By definition, nothing in this thread is "occult" then.

Or you could contain your autism long enough to take contextual clues.
>>
What are the best books to learn about ancient symbols used in magic and mysticism?
>>
>>17005067
Try checking out The Dictionary of Symbols
>>
>>16992010
These salmon would not outcompete regular salmon because they would starve to death because the grow faster than they could find food in the wild. If wild salmon could eat fast enough to grow as fast as the genetically modified salmon, they would grow as fast as the genetically modified salmon. Competition selects salmon which grow as fast as the food supply allows because of competition. The AntiGMO-Tards merely spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt)!
>>
>>17005399
Thanks! I'm looking for something more illustrations/examples. Something like the Illustrated Dictionary of Symbols in Eastern and Western Art. Thanks for your help!
>>
>>16992200
rubes
>>
>>16992352
one of the original non-nazi dudes at NASA was a huge occultist, i forget his name but there was some real weird shit that went down and he supposedly held these intense seances and was involved with lee harvey oswald to some degree but yeah do rocket science
>>
>>17005714
You mean Jack Parsons?
>>
Ok so what is a way to control fire/water? I don't mean fucking shoot it out like the Avatar but more like make it move in certain ways or forms.
>>
>>17005825
Magic isn't real.
Do you think we would we wasting our time on 4chan if it was?
>>
>>17006025
I come here cause the occult groups in my area are too busy getting fucked up summoning demons and doing cocaine.
>>
>>17005407
>starve to death because the grow faster than they could find food in the wild. If wild salmon could eat fast enough to grow as fast as the genetically modified salmon, they would grow as fast as the genetically modified salmon. Competition selects salmon which grow as fast as the food supply allows because of competition. The AntiGMO-Tards merely spread FUD (Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt)!

Heh. I know what thread this belongs in on /ck/.
Thread posts: 94
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.