[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it better to be happy or right.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: Observer-Effect.jpg (46KB, 1123x794px) Image search: [Google]
Observer-Effect.jpg
46KB, 1123x794px
Question.

If you were offered the chance to know everything (where we come from, how it happened... Perhaps even why it happened)... Would you want to know?

Although this knowledge has one side effect. You will go complete insane and become completely detached from mankind. No family No friends.. Just drifting further and further away.

Or say no, and enjoy life, with all of its up's and down's.

?
>>
File: skull.gif (10KB, 42x42px) Image search: [Google]
skull.gif
10KB, 42x42px
Yes. I would take the knowledge. I'm already going insane, so your caveat has little meaning for me.
>>
>>16992001
>You will go complete insane and become completely detached from mankind. No family No friends.. Just drifting further and further away
9 years of 4chan has already taken me down this path.
>>
>>16992001
For with much wisdom comes much sorrow; the more knowledge, the more grief. Ecclesiastes 1:18

Mo money. mo problems
>>
No , and i think no one would like that
>>
>>16992001
Possessing all the knowledge possible is my impossible dream.

I'll take it.
>>
No thanks, I'd rather learn how to fly.
>>
>>16992111
Trips
This guy's is real
I been popping red pills for years
Yes whit every pill power and sorrow came at hand
Friends ,money ,Women,politics ,the universe, God
I swallowed all
There is no coming back guys and in the end is pointless
My next pill is a blue one.
>>
>>16992001
CHOOSE HAPPINESS.
Humans aren't meant to know everything. That's God's job. Stop thinking about everything.
Let God take care of it.
If all else fails beg for what you want.
>>
If you know everything you'll know how to stay sane and happy

I'll take the forbidden fruit
>>
Nope. I don't know everything and get lots of things wrong all the time, but insanity and family not so much. Haven't had friends in a very long time.
>>
This is a philosophical question. Always being right is tiring. I mean youll feel left out. Its better being happy.
>>
I would take knowing everything and dealing with the horrible detached insanity.

The job of intelligent life is to pursue knowledge until you die with the ultimate goal of one day knowing everything. While knowing everything would lead to unbearable boredom and eventually complete insanity, I would still tale the deal offered. I can not turn down the ultimate goal of intelligence, even if it was a detriment to me.
>>
>>16992549
please if you know everything you know every lottery ticket winning number in every state ever and every moment the stock or futures markets will climb or fall. you could end up owning everything and do corporate mergers internationally to avoid monopoly arguments

when you have enough money do you care if some super model is sucking you off for money the end result is the desired one after all
>>
>>16992575
thinking like that is why you may never choose to really know the truth. reevaluate your outlook if you want.
>>
>>16992021

Doesn't make you right just miserable.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 640x636px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 640x636px
>>16992021
>>16992811
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 1136x640px
>>16992155
pull head.... you don't know shit.....

chemistry retard...
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 640x636px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 640x636px
>>16992283
>>
>happy or right

false dichotomy 101
>>
"Before there was time, before there was anything, there was nothing, and before there was nothing... there were monsters."
>>
sounds like regular old knowledge to me.

Which is why I play the vidya, and other games.

It's a nice break from the madness, a use for a sharp mind, rather than just grinding the blade to nothing.
>>
I'd rather go insane from knowing the Truth, than going insane from not knowing it and die in my ignorance.
>>
>>16992001
Imagine if satan asked you the same question. The answer is simple, no
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7BuQFUhsRM

sypher is kinda right, sorta, till we turn on those niggas and eat their steak and run away.
>>
>>16992001
>Implying I'm not already detached from mankind because of my never ending search for knowledge

I'd say yes, win-win situation for me anyway.
>>
>>16992001
Id like to know.
>>
>>16992001
>You will go complete insane and become completely detached from mankind

Then what's the point? That's some twilight zone/monkey paw/asshole genie levels of dickery.
>>
>>16992001
Ignorance = Bliss
>>
>>16992575
>do you care if some super model is sucking you off for money
that's called a prostitute, not a super model and your whole response shows how little you understand about the world already.
>>
Do you really think there is a link between knowladge and been deatached from the ppl you love? Or this is only a specific condition of the threat?
I do not think that knowladge makes you leave the ppl you love.
>>
Of course, I would write all that I know down, every last detail that you would find in the occult works of a raving fiction writer, no one would believe what I wrote and I would find solace in my practical joke on the world.

I took their truth, and I made it a punch line for my own amusement.
>>
I would want to know the truth. Even with those consequences.
>>
>>16992168
Do you spend all day on /x/ posting in every thread about god
>>
>>16992001
What implies that you'll be going insane once you know this junk? Knowing wont really change anything.
>>
File: ludwig-smile-promo-640x480.jpg (68KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
ludwig-smile-promo-640x480.jpg
68KB, 640x480px
>>17000316
Eeehhh.. It's not my fault.. It's just so.. Boring
>>
>>17001313
because that is the parameters in the question. Haven't you seen crystal skull? I see....I see..... Blaughhha blarg
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.