[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A Permanent Stance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Equilibrium.gif (2KB, 248x248px) Image search: [Google]
Equilibrium.gif
2KB, 248x248px
Anything that seeks to prevent anyone from traveling through time is mortal.

On more advanced timescales, everyone has a rate of mortality through time.

Rationale:
1. I've always felt this way.
2. Time travel is physically possible.
3. Someone has to be the first to declare it.

>So what is a permanent stance and why is it important?
A permanent stance is a declaration of intent that will never change no matter how history is manipulated. This is an important step in stabilizing history because it takes a stand against the forces of time. After a permanent stance is taken, it becomes possible for time travelers to oppose the principles of that stance.

Since the past is usually less advantaged than the future, establishing peace between past, present, and future requires us to adopt a special understanding of a "foward action" in time. You can think of it as a timeless version of, "He started it!" Basically, whenever a time traveler has the means to acquire actionable tactical information over another person or party in the past, they have the ability to take forward action against them by modifying history. Take ancient Rome as an example: It was public knowledge at the time that Caesar was emperor, but this historical information won't give a time traveler the means to create a map of every guardsman's schedule for the duration of his reign. If seen, a time traveler would instantly become a suspect, even if his identity hasn't been born yet. Similarly, sending microscopic cameras back in time would be a forward action because it'd create a tactical map of the area.

While we should endeavor to make time travel possible at all times and to all places, forward action should be avoided at most (but not all) costs. Declaring a permanent stance puts you at risk of being the target of a forward action in time for any moment following the declaration.

Prior to the acknowledgement of a permanent stance, one should be considered a citizen of eternity.

>A Bill of Rights
>>
Citizens of eternity ought to be guaranteed the following rights:

1. You have the right to maintain an equilibrium.
2. In accordance with the first right, you have the right to have your equilibrium threatened in a clear and concise manner exactly once in the whole of history. This means that if you suffered a forward action in the form of a threat to your equilibrium on May 31st, 2362, any modifications to history that result in a divergent alternate version of yourself following that threat are clear and explicit forward actions against you. This includes modifications made by yourself in your immediate non-divergent future.
3. In accordance with the second right, you have the right to threaten every equilibrium once. A threat toward one equilibrium will be considered a threat towards any connected equilibrium. Threating every equilibrium is allowed with the admission that doing so is a threat to any of the equilibrium you maintain. Threating your own equilibrium is completely allowed due to the nature of volition and the fact that nobody can force you not to change your mind.
4. In accordance with the first right, you have the right to declare yourself foreign to every equilibrium so long as the declaration cannot be construed as a threat.
5. In accordance with the fourth right, you have the right to accuse anyone of being linked to an equilibrium you maintain so long as the accusation cannot be construed as a threat.
6. In accordance with the third and fifth rights, you have the right to dismiss any threat as "not a threat."
7. In accordance with the sixth right, you have the right to construe anything as a threat.
8. In accordance with the first and seventh rights, you have the right to completely ignore an attempt to construe a non-forward action as a threat.

A forward action in time is, at a bare minimum, any attempt to tamper with the past.

Equilibrium is the ability to prevent a forward action before it can be attempted.
>>
>>
>>16983997
how this apply to lateral travel ?
when i travel i only do it bettwen paralell timelines and i do it alone , i dont drag entire worlds whit me
>>
>>16984266
From the perspective of an alternate timeline, you drag the fact that this timeline exists along. Often times that means little of consequence, but in rare cases you're carrying your entire world around with you.
>>
>>16983997

Thoughts can go back in time. So in theory if you could make someone think differently, it might affect time. I have never tried it though. It might just create a parallel reality instead. Or put YOU in a different reality which is what I think it does.
>>
>>16985910
The timeline only branches when modified. If there were a multiverse worth of time travel happening, we'd know about it immediately.
>>
>>16985935

Does it branch for everyone or just you? You meaning the person that modifies it.
>>
>>16985947
The person modifying history is effectively changing the entire physical structure of the universe. From their perspective, once they're on the other side of that portal and it closes on them, their old timeline ceases to exist. On our side, the space-time continuum is still fully intact and it's a lot like creating a parallel universe.
>>
>>16985967

It sounds scary. It's exactly what I thought.

So does that mean every time I modify something even in the future, am I creating a whole new reality? However so small, like making a girl sleep with me. She doesn't do that in the other reality does she? That's what I fuckin thought, I knew it if that's correct.
>>
>>16985995
>even in the future
No. Time still flows normally while moving forward. The natural flow of entropy converges on a specific set of outcomes. When you modify history, that's what you're changing. It's very very hard to change the entropic convergence of a human brain without explicitly trying. If she slept with you in any world, it's likely that she slept with you in all such worlds.

The general rule of thumb is the entropy is the reason you can make choices in the first place.
>>
>>16986021

But how much is entropy and how much is fate is the question?
>>
>>16986146
Sorry, you'll have to decide that for yourself.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.