[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Real-time Expression Transfer for Facial Reenactment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

File: Untitled-1.jpg (302KB, 1344x1026px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
302KB, 1344x1026px
With technology like this in existence, is there any way to trust what you see on tv anymore at all? Why is /x/ not talking about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXVspNUeiWw
>>
i just instinctively dont trust anything anymore and this gives me all the more reason to continue feeling this way
>>
>>16983687
Noone cares, we're doomed. Surveillance 24/7, propaganda on tv, you can't trust the state.
>>
>>16983687
may be the reason behind the "reptilian eyes" phenomenon with pop stars and politicians and such. More believable than them being actual reptilians anyway.
>>
>>16983697
This is what that Bojack episode was about.

Movie stars don't act anymore.

There are so many reenacted clips now, watch Jay-Z's interview with Jimmy Kimmel.
>>
anyone have suspected examples of this tech in use?
>>
>>16983731
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSWGEU32Vuk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5jw3T3Jy70

This one shows just how far this goes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pEfvvokYow

It's showing the new technology on Kanye West. Look at those microexpressions.
>>
>>16983723
You say that the Jay-Z clip is reenacted.

How do you know? Are you a Jay-Z historian or something? So you're telling me that clip of his him early on in his rap career is fake?

Why would it be fake exactly?
>>
The real life applications for this are terrifying
>>
>>16983847
If you can't see why, you're really not ready to open your eyes to the reality of the world.

Just to keep this comment useful, I will explain it to you. Jay-Z would NEVER rap those bars or even in that style. It goes against everything he loves about studying words and their meanings.

The way he even reacts to the video is a prime example. Listen to what they're saying.
>>
File: AD-Paul-Walker-CGI-FF7.jpg (88KB, 800x425px) Image search: [Google]
AD-Paul-Walker-CGI-FF7.jpg
88KB, 800x425px
>>16983687

Hahahh OP that technology is ages old tinker shit. I remember when Xbox came out and stated that they had developed the state of the art software face scanning for their xbone cam. Even today there is a possibility of projecting fake actors on TV that look identical to their counterparts. The CGI you see in movies is only one step behind from this but in the near future we will watch television and movies of fake actors, fake bands, fake everything. People are not needed in the future as all entertainment will be done by edits and movies will become interactive VR with different endings.
>>
This is insane
>>
>>16983687
Fuck you OP.
>>
File: P9E3rVB.png (458KB, 1706x960px) Image search: [Google]
P9E3rVB.png
458KB, 1706x960px
>>16983723
>Bojack
And then society asks why they're so unhappy.

Pic related, a typical cartoon scene..
>>
>>16983687
>All the parts after 6:00
how horrifying
>>
>>16983980
>Implying the government would bother using this on Jay-Z

If anything they would use this in misinformation campaigns about foreign dignitaries and terrorists and shit like that.
>>
Osama bin laden
/thread
>>
>>16984100
This isn't about the government, this is about entertainment, this is about the dollar, everything is about the dollar.

People can't get emotionally attached to CGI, so it's kept secret. What I want to know is how much does someone pay to get one of these machines for work reasons.

"It's an amazing gift, it really is." -Jimmy Kimmel
>>
>>16984111
OSAMA BEEN TRIPPING
>>
File: pB3U3.png (102KB, 251x285px) Image search: [Google]
pB3U3.png
102KB, 251x285px
>>16984111
>>16984138
They only had enough tech to do his beard
>>
this is only the public version
think about the possibilities

hanz was right after all
>>
>>16984020
The difference here is that it's real time. This could be used on live TV, at the drop of a hat.
>>
File: Asuka3.jpg (122KB, 1024x1766px) Image search: [Google]
Asuka3.jpg
122KB, 1024x1766px
>>16984137
>People can't get emotionally attached to CGI
Where do you think you are?
>>
>>16984198
I am in bed.

A-are you?
>>
>>16983980

You realize rappers change as they age? Especially when it's been two decades.

Look at MF Doom when his name was Zef Love X back in the late 80s. Not only did he completely look different back then, had a different name he also had a completely different style.

Are you telling me that could potentially be a conspiracy?
>>
>>16984254
You tell me.

They become brands.

As for the Jay-Z thing, it's not about his rapping style, even if he never rapped like that, not even in the 90's. It's the actual rap, the lyrics, they are completely against why he raps. Read his book Decoded.
>>
>>16984272
People, especially celebrities, can sold out. Not saying he has, and hope he didn't.

>>16983954
Imagine it, is an ridiculously easy way to make someone confess a crime on live tv
>>
>>16983687
>>16983687
>>16983687
WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT THE FACT THAT THIS EXPLAINS JUSTIN BEINBER LIZARD EYES!?!?!?!
>>
>>16984272
Maybe Jay-Z is full of shit.
>>
i don't trust a single thing news and pop culture puts out anyway. as far as i'm concerned they're just putting spells on people getting them to share in their delusions.

whatever man we'll move on eventually or kill ourselves out. this insanity can't last forever, not really concerned
>>
>>16983687
man this is some shit
>>
>>16983731
Ron Paul vids..Hand gestures weren't like him at all..and some obumer vids.
>>
File: url.jpg (363KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
363KB, 2000x1000px
>>16983687
It all makes sense now
>>
Interesting tool. I wouldn't worry about it.
>>
File: 1176049429928.gif (246KB, 344x232px) Image search: [Google]
1176049429928.gif
246KB, 344x232px
>this thread
>>
Anyone here read idoru? Siltscan is real, Gibson was right
>>
Imagine using this to make a fake "last will" and setting up a fake suicide for someone you don't like. It's possible.
>>
>>16990475
but they have to physically be there in order for it to work, right?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.