[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to time travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: 1447731125099.jpg (131KB, 637x900px) Image search: [Google]
1447731125099.jpg
131KB, 637x900px
Can it happen how can I
....willing to sell my soul
>>
Anyone?
>>
You can't.
Focus on doing something productive.
>>
>>16980292
Yup
>>
You should have phrased it "travel to the past"... See, you are already travelling in time... His end of the bargain has been met...
>>
>>16980306
Willing to sell the sell =/= Will sell the soul
>>
>>16980276
Persevere with your faggotry.
>>
Any spells or such come on
>>
>>16980322
There's not a courtroom for this kind of thing, nor jury... Only one judge, and he is also the other part.
Can't escape from it through semantics, silly boy.
>>
>>16980276
I've never seen it happen.
>>
If you really want to sell your soul:
Write contract on paper, sign name in your blood (amount of blood doesn't matter), burn paper. You must be specific with your contract.

I can't promise you it will work, but that's what I would do/ kinda did .
>>
File: tumblr_mwqahaR91Q1rh2tw8o1_400.gif (891KB, 325x252px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mwqahaR91Q1rh2tw8o1_400.gif
891KB, 325x252px
>>16980276
>>
First you should create a time machine. Then you can use the machine to travel in time.
>>
>>16980396
Instead of selling my soul to a demon, can I sell it to an angel or Jesus or something? Seems like a good scam to get into heavan.
>>
First you manipulate gravity, then time is easy.
>>
>>16980276
I like pic related so much, that I will answer your question to the best of my /scientific/ abilities. I will probably leave things out and miss things, so if you have any specific questions please ask..

First off, Time isn't strictly real. We use a counting system to measure the rate at which things change, and then give this measurement the name "Time". It's a model. We can use it, and measure things, and plan birthdays etc but in reality there is no time-line on which we're traveling along, or forward or upward or whatever direction you want to apply to the "model". It's just a measure of change. Like a refresh rate on the monitor you're looking at. It's a constant runwaway chain-reaction at a sub-atomic level. Changes in space (strong gravity for instance) can distort the rate of change to a distant observer and give the effect of "time dilation", "redshifting" or "gravitational lensing".

But, let's imagine all this is wrong, and their IS a time-line. It can be stopped, rewound, or you can punch a hole through it and reappear 50 years ago..

Well first off, how are you going to make a machine out of matter that will be able to withstand the forces that a time machine would create. If the "core" is bending time and space, it's gonna rip everything to bits, machine ie matter, included.

But lets ignore that, and imagine we can coat both the machine parts and you in some protective field. The machine can stop, rewind time whatever, and works perfectly.

So.. You switch on, and...
>>
File: 8908iMLBED.jpg (6KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
8908iMLBED.jpg
6KB, 256x192px
>>16980276
>>
>>16980276
no one wants your faggot soul you gigantic wingless faggot shitbird
>>
No it is not. You cannot sell your soul, it doesn't belong to you. Choosing to serve satan just makes you a slave until you die. Endlessly die.
>>
According to the theory of relativity (which is widely accepted) the closer you get to the speed of light the slower time goes for you. You would need an infinite amount of energy to go the speed of light or faster, so that is impossible. The closer you get to the speed of light, time for you would be going slower, but time for everyone else would be going fast, so relative to everyone else, you could travel 5 days into the future in only one day. Therefore, you can travel into the future, but not into the past.
>>
let this be a lesson, this organization will not tolerate failure.
>>
>>16980877
good post
>>
>>16980853

.. Bang! You just died. The machine worked perfectly, so what happened??

Well, for a start, you just froze the Universe, including the oxygen atoms, so you suffocated. You also froze all the photons, so you just instantly froze to death. Ok, ignore that... muh protective suit

Well, you're alive, but you can't move. Again, you've frozen all the atoms. Nothing can move. Electrons, Neurons, Gases, Liquids, all frozen solid. And you cant see, obv, because.. photons..

So stopping or rewinding won't work.
>>
>>16980888
jackpot
>>
>>16980276
DON*T TRY IT!!! DON*T DO IT!!!!

I'm serious, every time you change it, it going to be worse in some kind of way leaving you unsatisfied.
Just 4 seconds can change your whole life in a way you can't even imagine.
>>
>>16980888
this fag is willing to sell his soul. he'll be stuck at 0.99c forever.
>>
>>16980897
did that faggot just entropy our universe to get up to the speed of light? lynch him.
>>
>>16980927
>>16980927

That's another thing. Entropy. Thermodynamics. EM. Things like these aren't just "stoppable". You can't switch off heat.

Reaching light speed isn't possible because MATTER cannot reach light speed. The atoms in the machine would disintegrate into sub-atomic particles long before it reached anywhere near. You'd be turned into space-dust and EM fields along with your metal contraption.

You don't even need to go that fast to notice a difference in "Time measured". Remember though, it's just a relative difference measured by 2 observers. It's not "time-travel".
>>
Causality can be broken in the Lab, that's what excites me. We can perform various experiments where we can affect the result AFTER the experiment has completed, showing that we can alter reality, and history, "as we go along", in order to avoid contradictions in reality.

The implications are huge. The fact that this "error correcting" mechanism even exists in reality is mind-blowing. It's appears reality is informational and not objective as our esteemed theories show.

Scientists haven't even scratched the surface. QM is the big thing at the minute, and until the theory is exhausted we won't further our description of reality past the nuts and bolts Standard model.
>>
>>16980888
Basically this
Clocks on Mount Everest travel at faster speeds than the ones on the ground (for the same reason that the outside of a wheel travels faster than the inside of s wheel. After about a year of one clock on Mount Everest and one on the ground, both were taken to sea level. It was observed that the Everest clock had less time on it than the one on the ground, therefore the Everest clock had been on the earth for the same time, yet it had aged less. The Everest clock had effectively stayed the same age, but traveled into the future where everything else had experienced more time, simply because it was marginally closer to the speed of light than the one on the ground. If you build a space ship, go into space, get extremely close to the speed of light, and stay at that speed for a few days, come back to earth, time will have passed much slower to you, so everybody on earth will be a few days older than you. You will have basically traveled into the future.
>>
>>16980538
Jesus doesn't want it. You can go up to someone on the street and hand them the keys to your shitty broken down Ford Dynasty, but that doesn't mean he'll give you a wad of cash for it in return.
>>
>>16980888
Time dilation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_dilation
>>
>>16980276
Say yes and it is done.
>>
Assuming you could time travel? How would you do it and where would you go?

>I'd merge my current self with my younger self of 18 years old back in 2005.
>>
Crack gravity and attain speeds higher then lightspeed or at lightspeed and then you can time travel to the future lol backwards time travel is impossible
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.