[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nightshift Stories - part 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 17

File: 1404022061076.jpg (2MB, 2805x1863px) Image search: [Google]
1404022061076.jpg
2MB, 2805x1863px
New thread since the old one is dying. >>16959286

Post all your nighttime workplace spooks in here.
>>
Bump to see if SecurityBro is lurking around.
>>
File: Night_Shift_Nurse.jpg (116KB, 890x550px) Image search: [Google]
Night_Shift_Nurse.jpg
116KB, 890x550px
>>
just posted this one in the old thread. since that one's not really going and this one has yet to start up i'll put it in here too.

>walking home from closing up because my bike tire popped earlier that day
>only around 6 blocks to my apartment anyway
>i'm not a very physically imposing person, i have a small but wickedly sharp knife on me
>walking in the street so people can't jump out from behind a parked car without me seeing them or something
>see another guy shambling/shuffling down the middle of the street under a streetlight
>oh boy
>once i see him it becomes apparent that he's definitely walking towards me
>keep walking straight, don't acknowledge him
>once he's about 10 feet away he starts muttering
>"Ben......hey.....what do we do with the rest of him...ben?......"
>don't say shit and just keep walking thanking every name under the sun that I didn't just get stabbed/have to stab somebody
>>
>>16981157
Meth is a helluva drug.
>>
>>16981371
This was in Montana so it's actually pretty likely that he was either on meth or heroin which makes me even more glad that he just kind of shambled away when I ignored him.
>>
>>16981157
It was just balloon shop wondering what you got there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3F84FOi-20
>>
I work in a hotel,unfortunately i dont work night shift but being an avid of ghost story i ask around who work at nightshift - bellboy,maintenance,housekeeper,front desk if they ever encounter any scary stuff.
>>
>>16981472
And do you have any stories from them?
>>
File: NOC_Nurse.jpg (160KB, 713x720px) Image search: [Google]
NOC_Nurse.jpg
160KB, 713x720px
>>16979619
>>
>>16981479

My english is not good so bear with me

>be bellboy
>work at the hotel since soft opening
>the hotel have guest room from 8th to 16th floor
>back then only 8,9 and 10 floor were open for guest while the rest still unfinish
>4am
>send newspapers by using trolley to guest room and hook it on door handle
>finish send newspapers,time to go back lobby
>wait for staff elevator
>*ding* elevator's door open
>about to step in but stop in my track when i saw a human figure with very long thick hair stand there facing away from me,not moving
>nope,use guest elevator instead
>had fever for a week
>met a priest for prayer and cleansing
>fine after that
>>
>>16982921
Thanks for sharing.

It seems like hotels, hospitals, nursing homes, and schools always attract spooks.
>>
Well, that last thread was great, but it seems everyone's lost interest, so this will probably be the last bump I give unless people start contributing.
>>
>>16982934
Hotels make sense because they're places where many, many people pass through. Their associate spirits will probably pass through with them too. Not to mention that certain rooms in hotels seem to become magnets for tortured souls.

Nursing homes, obviously you've got a lot of death there; same with hospitals.

As for schools, you've got kids with active imaginations.
>>
>>16984605
>As for schools, you've got kids with active imaginations.

Not to mention lots of teen angst and the occasional suicide or accidental death.
>>
>be me
>be assistant manger at gas station
>have to open and close the store
>closing up one night after i locked the doors and turned off the lights
>building old and has been added on to so there's a window in the wall in front of me i can use to look into rest of the store from the back
>looking down counting money before i leave
>see someone walk past the window
>hear them mumble
>ohshitsomeonesinhere.gif
>walk around the corner with beating stick i have
>no one there
>set alram and leave

I never talked to anyone about that experience until a few days maybe even a week later my boss asked if i had been hearing/seeing weird stuff after we close or before we open. When I lied and told him no he started telling me what had been happening to him.

I have lots more if anyone wants to hear
>>
>>16984642
>walk around the corner with beating stick i have

lol, just a random stick or what?

>I have lots more if anyone wants to hear

You don't even have to ask. Post away.
>>
>>16984650
Kinda its the top on a shovel handle about 18 inches long wide at the top and fits in your hand nicely at the bottom.

>its my turn to open the store
>have to be there at 4am to count the deposit for the day and count cigarettes/ print reports for the day before
>I go in lock the door behind me start printing and counting cigarettes
>keep thinking that i hear someone walking up the steps from the basement (which is spoopy af)
>brush it off
>standing in front of cig rack counting
>thought i saw someone standing in front of the register to my right
>its nothing
>finish counting and turn the lights on open the doors brew coffee
>sit down in front of the computer to plug numbers into paperwork
>realize i forgot to clock in when i got there
>no big deal ill watch the camera to see exatcly what time i came in
>watching the camera and notice that the scanner starts lighting up right before i walk in the door
>mfw i realize that it doesn't light up unless you press the button

started cutting on the lights as soon as i got there after that.
>>
>>16984688
Do you still work there?
>>
>>16984757
Yep. I've been there for almost 3 years.
>>
File: 1445124566797.jpg (13KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
1445124566797.jpg
13KB, 249x249px
>>16979214
Night shift security bro here
>>
>>16984761
And is weird stuff like that still happening?
>>
>>16984787
from time to time yeah.
>>
>>16984937
Share more stories if you've got em.
>>
>Be Me
>Clock out around 2:00 A.M
>Walking home from work (close commute)
>See skinny elderly man with white balding long hair blowing in breeze, walking in circles in the middle of street.
>He's in a white tracksuit and beat up sneakers.
>I try not to give eye contact
>Cars speed past, without even seeming to notice him.
>When I'm far away enough, I notice he has completely vanished
>Street Lights had stopped working entirely.
>Much Weird
>Small Scare
>>
>>16984970
I've got one more semi-worth typing out. but i feel i need to say that the basement i mentioned earlier used to be an apartment that several people lived in before my company bought the store. It has a entrance from the outside but its blocked off at the back so theres no access to the store. I've found two dead cats right in front of the outside door to this apartment. One had be mutilated though and all i ever found was its head. the other was dead with no visible signs of being attacked by anything,

>be me training a new employee.
>I'm training them on stocking the beer cooler which we do every evening shift
>you can see through the shelves out into the store
>We both see someone walk in front of the cooler doors toward the bathroom
>"well new employee lets go out and wait on them then we'll get back to this"
>go out no one in the store we can see
>must be in the restroom
>wait around and chit chat while waiting
>godthisguyistakingforever.jpg
>I go and knock on the restroom door
>no response
>go get the key
>doors unlocked already
>no one in there
>check the entire store
> no one
>couldn't have made it out of the store in the time it took us to make it to the front

This is the most common occurrence in fact it happens pretty often. I'm not the the only person it happens to and the new employee and i both saw this "person"
>>
>be me
>be working housekeeping at shitty hotel
>make my rounds
Happen to be walking down hallway
>see someone poking their head out of door
>looks suspicious
>lots of drug addicts around here so i think nothing of it
>decide to take my break
>work for 2 more hours
>next day comes
>same shit different day
>decide to get some water from the tap
>Tastes funny
>leave a note for my boss
Few days later
>hear news about a body being found in the water tanks at my job
>>
>>16985589
lol
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (120KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
120KB, 1920x1080px
>>16985035
Forgot pic
>>
>>16986350
you gave me a frighten, I no like
>>
>be working at Aaron Brothers
>come in at midnight to stock inventory from the truck
>work usually until 4-5 AM with 1-2 other people
>work in Los Angeles county
>during the shift we usually open the back door to put cardboard out there because in the morning a Mexican collects it to recycle
>also sometimes open it up to go take trash to the dumpster
>leave it closed most of the time because we're supposed to and because homeless folks are sometimes sitting around back there
>backdoor is opened
>go out carrying a barrel of plastic to throw in the dumpster
>the door opens outward and there's a small area behind the door, opposite direction of the dumpster, that leads nowhere
>as I am coming back to the door I hear a rustling sound in one of the trees behind the door
>peer around the door
>it's dark but I keep hearing the sound
>watch for a bit and see what appears to be a person walking on the stone wall at the end of the area
>tree foliage obscures his activities
>appears to walk around the building on the wall and the sound stops
>nothing ever comes of it
>month later I found out an old man was murdered in his house two blocks away around the time I was working that shift

almost died guys
>>
>>16982921
>be bellboy again
>4am
>send newspapers to guest room,hook the paperbag on door handle
>8,9,10 floor again
>in the middle of this 3 connected stair floor is atrium hall
>at 9th floor,walk casually
>saw a kid facing away look down at the balcony
>baffled a kid still awake at this hour
>finish send papers comeback to atrium hall,kid is not there anymore.
>think nothing much at first,but then realize its probably not human

There's one time the same bellboy heard children laughter and sound of their footstep,nowadays there's no more such encounter,back in the day most of the room still not occupy so the entities live around the place,once the hotel fully done,the encounter getting lesser.

Few month ago,a housekeeper supervisor told me one of the guest called told she felt uncomfortable in this particular room and request for room change,I ask which room and he didn't tell me.
>>
>Working in grocery store in small town for 1,5 years
>Open the store several days a week, arrive at 6 am, at this time it's pich black outside six months a year
>Walk around alone in store, in the dark, for an hour before I open
>Nothing ever happens
>Watch through the security cameras for any spoopy shit during the night
>Nothing

Why doesn't scary shit happen to me /x/?
>>
>>16986501
The housekeeper supervisor told me there's one time he and group of friends wait for the elevator,when the elevators door open,sudden wind gush blew through them,one of the staff who had this ability to feel something wrong told them "let them go through first".Not sure what happen if they hasten their step into the elevator.

And then another:
>be housekeeper supervisor
>midnight
>me and my friend wait for the elevator at 8th floor (probably 9 or 10 forgot)
>press down
>Elevator's arrow indicator goes up,L....4....5....6....7...8....9....10
>Why its not stopping?
>11....12....13....14...15...16
>stopped
>Wait,11th to 16th still under maintenance,no electricity provide on these floor,pitch black
>16....15....14....13...
>The elevator going is down
>Nope,screw that we use guest elevator
>>
>>16986513

Story told by maintenance not happen to him but his friend,no longer work in the hotel
>be maintenance staff
>around 7pm
>slow day
>hangout,chat,chill with front desk staff,bellboy and assistant manager
>suddenly WOMAN SCREAMING OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE
>wat the fug
>they all search where the scream come from
>found nothing,no female at sight

As much as I love real ghost story I was being skeptical,and said "probably someone pull a prank with a voice recorder" but he told me the sound of the scream is real.
>>
>>16986522

And then the maintenance also told me there was a guest complaint,decide not to stay overnight and get the fuck out on the same day,he told me when the guest about to go to sleep,he saw someone in the air conditioner vent,staring at him.
>>
>>16984642
Doing that job right now bored out of my mind. There's a bunch of shit that needs doing but it's too late to ring people so Im just sat here waiting to close, go home and do it all again tomorrow.

The only spooky thing that happens is the power goes out occasionally and then I spend the next 3 days sorting out all the problems that causes.
>>
>>16986512
>Why doesn't scary shit happen to me /x/?
Maybe you should count yourself lucky.
>>
>>16979160
I once got a flat tire at night.
Pretty sure I accidentally filled it up with ghost air.
>>
>>16987131
Lucky isn't a number.
>>
>>16987154
It is in the secret coded language of the master race that runs the world. Clearly you do not belong, please leave.
>>
>>16987165
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>16987233
I'm sorry. I know you're upset that you weren't invited, but we have standards, you know.
>>
>>16987240
Fuck you.
>>
File: KittyHugsBear.gif (897KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
KittyHugsBear.gif
897KB, 200x200px
>>16987249
You seem upset. Here, have a kitten and a hug.
>>
File: 1446313395036.jpg (3MB, 4896x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1446313395036.jpg
3MB, 4896x3264px
>>16987270
>>
File: 1426174547346.jpg (103KB, 609x800px) Image search: [Google]
1426174547346.jpg
103KB, 609x800px
>>16987276
>>
>>16979160

bump
>>
>>16988842
spooky.
>>
I was an assistant manager at a halloween store.
I know, if I didn't know my manager so well (worked with her for years), I would of called bullshit when she told me right up I'd hear/see shit.
I usually closed. We have to have two people to open and two to close. One always has to be a manager.
>First night closing by myself (manager wise), stoic anon with me.
>Counting drawers, using paper and calculator to keep tab.
>WTF drawer way off.
I was using my phone calculator which shows you everything you keyed in. Plus was writing down how many of each bill/coin, how much it added up to, etc. Same number of money each time.
>Keep recounting. Different each time. Same numbers.
>other Anon having same issue on his register/calculator.
>Decide to quit being lazy and add it mentally.
>Fucking register is on the dot.
>Notice fellow Anon tense up. Look at him.
>Anon goes pale, looks at me with a WTF face.
>Ask him what happened, won't tell.
>Suddenly loud boom overhead. Literally only roofing above us.
>Worked at mach 10.

My manager had us do the paper/calculator combo just because of this scenario apparently.

Things seemed to happen more to the openers than the closers oddly enough. These happened to other people:

Manager and two anons getting ready to close, discussing that days donations and goals. Fake owl flies 5 feet towards them.

>Manager gets called in by associates.Barricaded themselves in front of store.
>Some serious shit going on upstairs. Booms, running footsteps, crashing, etc.
>Store next door hears it too, wondering wtf we're doing.
>Manager is BAMF, grabs her metal pole, rounds up and arms two associates, go up stairs.
>Noises stop. Find nothing. All door seals are intact.
This happened a lot apparently. She had a place to put the poles so we had quick access to them.

>Manager comes in to open, at register, looks up.
>Fucking clown looking at her. Both anons startled.
>She and other anon closed that night, how did the clown move?
>>
>>16993676
A haunted Halloween store, how oddly appropriate. You guys could've made extra taking people on ghost tours.
>>
>>16993686
Ikr. We discussed that for extra fundraising, but decided it was too much of a liability.
Trust me, the unused sections were freaky as shit, right out of a horror movie. We only used a quarter of the building, and there were several rooms with no lighting. And a lot of unfinished areas. I'm assuming the rent was relatively cheap.

I was told a man named George died there when Walmart had it as a warehouse. Manager saw a man walk through the office door and out the other side of the office. It used to be a hallway but was boxed off to make a downstairs office.

There was also a odd selection of kid toys just in odd places.
Like the rubber ball found up in the ceiling. As in you need a scissor lift to get to it. They were running extension cords up there and there it was.

Remember those little cowboy and indian toys that were like the little green soldiers? Well we had a little blue 'Chief' that kept appearing in odd places. He became our mascot. He got put up high by the thermostat, stayed up there until packup. Found him on the floor quite a distance from his post. Manager took him home, he'll be back again next year.
There was one other one mentioned in passing, don't know what it was. One of the associates took it home before I was hired.
>>
File: 0380600129.jpg (67KB, 309x451px) Image search: [Google]
0380600129.jpg
67KB, 309x451px
>>16994090
>Well we had a little blue 'Chief' that kept appearing in odd places. He became our mascot. He got put up high by the thermostat, stayed up there until packup. Found him on the floor quite a distance from his post.

Ever read this book? First thing that sprung to mind.
>>
>>16987149
Uh oh
>>
Will repost my story here

My grandmother works as a custodian for a law office, sometimes I help her. She had told me that she doesn't like being there alone, that she thinks the place is haunted. I didn't believe her until one night. When you walk in there are restrooms immediately to the left and a door that leads to a office in the right. We call this room the green room because of its green carpet. Passed the green room is a small kitchen. In front of the entrance is a door leading to C&C law offices. there is a hallway that has two more restrooms and a door to another office, the hallway connects to the kitchen. My grandmother decides to mop the restrooms to the left of the entrance while I take out the trash in C&C and the kitchen. As I take out the trash in C&C I start to take out the trash in the kitchen. I'm wearing headphones, listening to a podcast as I work, but as I empty the trash in the kitchen and get ready to put a new bag into the can I hear what sounds like a young girl say something in a singsong voice, I hear it right in my ears. I freak out and finish as fast as I can. I go to my grandmother who is still mopping the restrooms and as her if she had called out to me, she says no and ask if I heard something. I tell her what u heard and she confirms that she also heard a woman. We both heard that sound at the same time in two different parts if the building. I was spooped. Will continue in next part
>>
>>16998481
cont.
So we continue working. She goes to mop the restrooms in C&C while I sit down for a few minutes by the door that leads out into the lobby. As I sit I keep listening to the same podcast. A few minutes in I hear a scrapping sounds, like someone clawing at a door. like someone clawing at the same door I'm sitting next to. I get up and open the door. Nothing there. Not even a scratch on the door. I close the door and sit back down. Not even five minutes later I hear what sounds like heavy breathing, almost panting, RIGHT THE FUCK NEXT TO ME. There is nothing next to me. Check behind the desk that's also there, nothing. I sit back down and try not to pay attention to the breathing, it eventually stops. What the fuck?

Also, a few days after this I am in the office that's connected to the hallway in C&C. I never liked this office, I always feel watched when im in it. As I'm taking out the trash in this office I hear the voice again, except it isn't in a singsong kind ofvoice, iinstead it's like a quick whisper. I think "Ah shit, not this again" I finish up in that room and as im leaving I have to turn out the lights. As I leave the now dark room I swear I hear shuffling behind me as the door shuts, like something was starting to move around inside. Fuck that room. Another small think to note recently is that my grandmother heard a knock followed by a bang on the restroom door in C&C while she was cleaning it. I was upstairs at the time andwe are supposed to be the only ppeople there. A few days ago we were both upstairs and heard a door slam shut downstairs. I went to look but everything was locked, as we left it. No one could have opened one of the doors to slam it even if they wanted to.
>>
>be me, 9 yrs old
>walking back from the dinner table and going to bathroom to wash my hands, after eating
>pass by window overlooking garage
>dark as fuck
>see a pair of read eyes staring me
>pleasedonttakemenowsatan.png
>scream like a little bitch
>demonic figure vanishes
>dad nearly shits himself due to being startled, goes to the garage to check it out
>mfw it was a black cat, it got so terrified by my yelling that it had a heart attack and died
>>
I live in a small Mississippi town. I worked the night shift at a small motel next to a freeway for the better part of a year in 2013 after I graduated high school. For the most part, I was the only person who was on staff at that hour. The area was fairly nice but freaky/scary stuff would happen from time to time. Two times during that year, someone OD'd and that was pretty bad. Some weird people came through one time. Didn't say anything except brisk answers to the questions I had to ask. Someone came in while the first two guys were trying to keep me distracted with a kid in tow, trying to head up the stairs. I asked if they were all together and they all just sort of left. I saw their car ride off so I called a tipline and informed the cops just in case anything was up. Things only got really freaky when I checked the security tapes and saw they didn't have a license plate. The idealist in me hopes they were just a really private family but three grown men, a little girl, and a nondescript car with no license plate screams kidnapper, pedo, human trafficking, or all three.
>>
>>16998573
Were the cops able to find out what was up with them?
>>
>>16979160
I don't know how scary this is to anyone, but I work a late night shift until 1pm in Tech Support at a call center. A few months ago, around 12:30pm this call came in. The call was all static but could make out someone on the other end trying to talk through it. I kept trying to tell them we have a bad connection and they would have to call back on another phone. I couldn't hang up as it was not policy to disconnect on callers. The person didn't disconnect. Then it sounded like someone picked up another line because I could hear them clearly but it sounded like they were muffled. Like talking with something over their mouth. I then said they have to speak up. And I heard something like a muffled scream and the call dropped. Gave me a weird feeling the rest of my shift. I don't know what the hell it was. Could just been someone deciding to fuck around with someone at a call center. I don't' know. Freaked me out.
>>
>>16982861
Funny, noc means night in polish...
>>
>>16999277
It's not exactly coincidence, NOC in English is short for nocturnal, from Latin nox, which is cognate to Polish noc (from Proto-Slavic notjĭ, from Proto-Indo-European nókʷts).
>>
>>16998993
Nope. The most I ever heard back from them was that they put out an APB. This was like...a week later. None of them had southern accents from the bits I heard them say so I doubt they were even in the southeast by that point.

Here's another one for you guys. I don't know how often any of you deal with Pentecosts but I find the more extreme ones to be unnerving. Don't get me wrong. The average one is fine. I was friends with a few in my high school days. One night, though, these Pentecosts pulled up in some white van with a church logo on the side. So many of them poured out that it was like a clown car. It was one of the busiest nights I worked there, honestly. Under normal circumstances, it was mostly just a few scattered people that checked in. I made polite conversation and they seemed normal enough. They were on their way back home from some big gathering in Alabama. Then one of them started talking in tongues. I've always thought the whole talking in tongues thing is bs but this person sounded legit possessed or something. They all freaked out and it turned into a sort of impromptu sermon IN MY FUCKING LOBBY while I was trying to get these people checked in. Their preacher was with them and the stuff he was saying about living and dying for Jesus and speaking in His tongue only spoken by those who are worthy of salvation was both scary and proooobably not in line with their typical beliefs. They eventually calmed down and I got them in their rooms, though. I'm really glad someone else had to deal with checking them out the next morning.
>>
>>16985601
haha you drank corpse tea
>>
Told this story before, but here it is anyways because fuck y'all

>be me
>working in a coffee shop, graveyard shift
>shop used to be a house over 100 years ago
>around 3am, store is empty, sweeping out display case
>dark figure of a woman drifts by the sandwich counter
>turn to look at her, she vanishes
>temperature immediately drops like 10 degrees

not the only weird shit that happened while i was on shift but it's probably the spoopiest
>>
>working as Dominos delivery driver in night shift
>it's near 1am, going out for a delivery
>the instructions on the ticket say to come to the garage door instead of the front door
>house is in a sketchy place with no neighbors
>go around to the garage which is in the back for some reason
>no lights on anywhere, have to turn on phone flashlight
>walk into garage, there's a doorbell next to the door which is weird
>press doorbell
>garage door starts closing behind me
>nope the fuck out and sprint away before the door shuts me in
>wait a bit, nothing happens so I go knock on the front door
>no answer
>call the customer, no answer
>decide to leave, get in car, about to drive away
>look at the house
>face in the window watching me
>>
File: 72499946.png (260KB, 1023x574px) Image search: [Google]
72499946.png
260KB, 1023x574px
>>17000315

your survival instincts are on-point, anon

any follow-up to this story?
>>
>>17000329
>get to store, tell manager the guy wasn't there and wouldn't answer
>don't mention the garage
>manager calls the guy again, still no answer
>we eat his pizza
>>
Bump, don't let this thread die guys, there are some really nice stories in here.
>>
Bump for style
>>
>>16981442
Shit what town, i just moved out of there
>>
>>17000336
So you didn't call the cops and just left that lunatic free to try to lure some other hapless delivery guy into his trap?
>>
>Work security at dorm in college
>11-7 shifts
>Nothing happens ever
>Saw a drunk guy fall over once and give himself a concussion
>>
>>16999308
That's an impressive explanation. Whi says you can't learn something new on /x/ :)
>>
>>16999049
Don't you mean... am?
>>
>>17002489
lel
>>
File: 1400770771085.jpg (5KB, 209x250px) Image search: [Google]
1400770771085.jpg
5KB, 209x250px
>>16985589
Criminally underrated
>>
Probably gonna let this thread die in favor of keeping >>16986738 alive. No more bumps unless someone's got a really good story to share.
>>
>>17000315
You've never seen a garage door opener wired to a doorbell-looking switch before? The door started closing because you closed it. The face in the window probably wanted to get a good look at the spaz who was fucking around with the garage door.
>>
>>17000315
Spooky af
>>
I used to work in a large office that is a house from the 1920's near an old church and WW2 small army barracks.
>I would hear footsteps from time to time when I was alone and the others went to lunch, this was during the daytime. It didn't bug me that much.

Fast forward
>be there with another person at night in order to finish a project for the next day
>we are starting to argue a bit
>few minutes later we hear heavy footsteps and papers shuffling
>it sounded like someone was in a rush to find something
>it started to get louder and louder and sounded like it was getting closer
>we just looked at each other in shock
>as we enter the doorway to the hall it just stops
>search the whole house
>doors are locked, alarm is still set
>we checked the cctv cameras to see if anyone else came in
>nobody
>>
>>16986532
Was the room number 1408 by any chance?
>>
>>16999697
When you said freeway earlier, did you mean I-10? If so, howdy neighbor.
>>
File: reference.gif (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
reference.gif
2MB, 800x450px
>>16985589

good shit
>>
>>16994090
What city was this in? If you don't mind me askng.
>>
File: 2301309123.jpg (24KB, 216x282px) Image search: [Google]
2301309123.jpg
24KB, 216x282px
This may be a bit odd, but aside from my normal boring job (Trust Administration, wooo), I'm sort of an unofficial house-sitter for people in the neighborhood - I'm big and (fairly) tough, honest, and reliable, so folks will throw me some money and I'll park my ass in their place while they're out of town. The area is fairly safe, but I always go armed - no sense meeting a group of angry folks with nothing but my fists, right?

>Staying at an outbuilding on neighbors property, keeping an eye on the main home
>At 2:16am, I remember the time specifically, hear thumping from the main house, like someone banging on multiple walls
>IT'S GO TIME
>Grab flashlight and handgun
>Outbuilding is about 30ft from door to kitchen
>See no movement, no lights, noise stopped, we must go deeper
>Enter kitchen through door, look down the length of the room
>See someone standing at the far end, about 20ft away
>Vague shape, very tall, filled the doorway
>Switch on flashlight, shout HEY
>As soon as the light comes on, it feels like someone injects my head with 160db of tinnitus
>Drop flashlight and gun
>Scramble around for what felt like hours, noise wont stop
>Finally stops, felt like it was never there, no lingering sensation of anything but fear
>Flashlight is broken into multiple pieces spread across the room
>Gun is at the other end of the kitchen
>There is one bullet on the counter
>Kitchen is empty

I checked the clock afterwards, and I was in the kitchen for 32 minutes. No idea what the fuck that was, and I don't want to know. I didn't sleep that night, or the other nights. Nothing else happened after that, but I'm fairly surprised I didn't shit myself. I told the owners, and they had no clue. Not going back there again though.
>>
>>17009574
You will if the money is good enough.

Hell, depending on the cash, you can get another gun. Also, what happened to you, in your perception, in those 32 minutes?
>>
>>17009574

Sounds like something neurological, think it's likely the tinnitus, thumping and hallucinations are connected
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 300x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 300x500px
Welp, first time I'll be posting on /x/ in ages.

>Work at a factory, operate loud as shit machinery
>These machines virtually run by themselves, so you can walk away and go eat, use the restroom, etc
>Work the night shift, me and two other guys, Fernie and Victor
>Victor has a small radio that he'll listen to through the night
>He's a bit off, always shouting nonsense, it's just his thing
>One night round 3 am Fernie and I are running machine adjacent to one another, Victor is 20 feet away roughly on another machine to our left
>Hear a distinct "HEY!" come from Victor's direction
>Glance over, he's not there
>Leave my machine to investigate
>Look around nothing, his radio was turned down and his machine was stopped
>Then see Victor exiting the restroom 50 feet away, to the right of Fernie and I's position, totally opposite of where we heard the shout
>We ask Victor about it, he had been dropping a deuce for 15 minutes prior
>Our faces when

Other guys on the other two shifts swear up and down that the shop's haunted, hearing pans dropping from 3 ft high shelves when there's no one out in the shop, seeing guys in white suits by the fire exits that vanish when the person who saw them does a double take, weird feels, etc. They're all primarily Catholic and very superstitious, so who knows.
>>
File: 1383779797446.jpg (56KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1383779797446.jpg
56KB, 640x512px
>>17011617
Yeah, true, I'm a whore for money. Gun works fine, thankfully.
As to what I perceived, once the tinnitus feeling hit, I don't recall doing anything at all except holding my head, staring at the floor and wishing the noise would stop. It certainly didn't feel like 32 minutes, more like a few seconds. All kinda blurred together really.

>>17011739
So time for a head scan then, eh? Been meaning to get some blood work done anyways, but I've experienced nothing like that since then (it happened more than a year ago).
Now I'm wondering if it's a combination of lack of sleep and the tinnitus. I'll have to look into it some more.
>>
>>17013093
How'd the bullet unchamber itself from your gun?
You certainly couldn't have popped it out in that state.
>>
>>17013355
The point is that someone disarmed him, both by the gun being unloaded and by the tinnitus attack. The bullet on the counter was a message.
>>
>>17009574
>>17013093

You got tazed.
>>
>>17013093
>>17009574

Oh shit. I've heard of this happening before. I know what happened. You're one lucky fucker.

You were psychically attacked...by something very very powerful. It obviously didn't want to be seen. Honestly, you wouldn't have wanted to see it anyway.

I'd count your blessings.
>>
>>17013489
I was making the point that it wasn't a hallucination as someone else in here thought.
>>
>>17014837
My mistake. Carry on.
>>
I work at a 24 hour psychiatric crisis center (I'm at work right now). Had a manic lady come in acting extremely bizarre. Wants to be checked in one minute, then decides she wants to leave. This shit goes on for like 45 minutes when I finally tell her to stay or gtfo.. just make up your mind. She decides to leave. Expect, she does not leave. She sits in her car in the parking lot for the next three hours smoking cigarettes. I keep walking to the window and looking out the blinds to see if she has left. About 3 am I here noise. I decide to conveniently take out some trash to the dumpster that is all the way across the a large parking lot. I want to see what this crazy bitch is up too. I step out the door and discover she has taken her jeans off and left them right in front of the door, but she is back in her car. I leave the pants, and start walking the trash out to the dumpster. She starts the car up and begins to slowly follow me. If I weaved left she would follow me.. then the same to the right. Bitch chased me all over the parking.. not running me over.. just following me. I ended running between our building and the one next door to get away. I have to walk the long way around the building. I hear her get out of the car, then back in the car and haul ass, screetching tires and all. I get back to the front door and pants are gone. I thought she was gonna run me over.
>>
>>17015308

It would be your fault for playing chicken with a crazy person. You think a person working in a psychiatric crisis center would have a little more compassion and understanding of such things. I don't say this often, but you should feel ashamed of yourself for making a joke of it anon. It's up to you though.
>>
made a friend a friend at a bar one night. we became cool. crazy drunk bastard. Funny as hell. would meet him for a few drinks around the same time. one day i met him again and he is all crippled from an accident. I asked him what was wrong? he said he had a very bad car accident several years ago. I'm like wtf. how is this possible?
>>
>>17015317
How did anon make it into a joke??
>>
>>17016750
he must've walked into a deathtrap or something...but shit aint right.
>>
>>17016750
somebody should've taken pictures. because you wouldn't believe it if you weren't there. crazy shit.
>>
>>16981460
How the fuck did I ever think that they were funny? Pre-teen/teen me was such a faggot. I really cant stand him.
>>
Fuck greentexting.

I used to work for Kodak back in 2013. I was part of a project involving the scanning and digitalization of farming-related documents (permits, deeds of property, maps detailing farming properties, letters, etc) dating back to the mid-1800s.
Was a very boring job, because being a graphic designer, i was put in charge of checking and restoring all digital copies of the documents in order to make them suitable for online-publishing. I had a night shift from 6 pm to 7 am four days a week.

The building in worked in was a large storehouse which used to be a factory before that. Fucking place was a three-story, decaying ruin plagued with roaches and mice; awfully hot during the summer and freezing during the winter. A hellish place where only like ten people worked during the night shift.

Weird things happened in there.
The always-present feeling of being watched, cold spots among the file shelves, people watching shadows in the corner of the eye, a hallway which always smelled like rotten eggs after midnight, things falling off desks, etc.
>>
>>17017120
Around late september, shit got scary.
During the last week, a girl came running to the computer room, crying and saying something had growled at her while she was stacking boxes in a shelf.
The security guard assigned to the night shift came up, thinking it was a cat or a raccoon that somehow made its' way inside the building and nested among the boxes in the upper shelves. He found nothing.
The girl was sent home in a cab, because she was very disturbed about the "growl", and quit a few days later.

Some other warehouse workers began complaining about being touched on the shoulder, hearing people going up and down the emergency stairs outside of the warehouse, very cold spots in the further aisles and the smell of rotten eggs coming from the hallway becoming unbearable.

Reported it to the supervisor, who in turn talked with the boss. The boss dismissed it and told everyone to get back to work.
By mid october, we were shitting bricks, as even those assigned to the computer room started seeing weird shit.
One night, i was editing scanned pages in photoshop, when i suddenly caught sight of something behind the computer screen; like someone standing in the corner of the room, hiding behind a big-ass scanner.
Look up, see nothing. I started feeling uneasy, because i saw the same thing several times between 2 to 5 am.

Two nights after that, i was chilling in a lunch break with a co-worker. It was around 1 am and we were watching tv in the kitchen while dining.
As we were talking about movies, the fucking kitchen door slams open.
Stay frozen, because there was no way that shit was normal.
My co-worker complained to the supervisor, who just shrugged and said he would talk to the boss and see what was going on, but couldn't promise anything better than that.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Night shift security here.

At work rn, a bit early but Its dark already.
>>
>>17017169
As usual, the boss say it was probably someone pranking us, and that he would ask the security guard to check the surveillance tapes in order to find who did it.
Neither my co-worker or I knew what happened or who opened the door.

Just a week before Halloween, i was changed to the early shift because the complaints about weird shit going on were too much and the boss decided to say "fuck it".
One day, the co-worker from the kitchen experience comes up to me and has this "i told you" expression on his face. Then he tells me about a little chat he had with an old cleaning lady during the lunch. My co-worker started talking about the unexplainable things happening in the night shift, and the old lady just said "Old Roman always starts getting angry in october".

Turns out "Old Roman" was a worker during the mid-eighties, back when the building used to be a nail factory. According to the story told by the old lady, Roman was this skinny, tall motherfucker who always came up drunk to work, picked up fights and generally acted like an asshole to everyone in the factory floor.
One day, Roman has a heart attack during the night shift and dies in the same room where the warehouse is located now. The bloke had no family outside of an ex-wife and by the time of his death, was pretty much a hobo jumping from bar to bar when off work.

The damn building was haunted by a very pissed drunk ghost. And we got lucky, because older workers said Roman was very aggressive and even had attacked a few people over the years.
>>
>>17013093
If your head checks out fine, then I'd say it's likely you got attacked. Maybe tazed or maybe someone had one of those sound weapons (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonic_weapon). How someone got one and why they took it with them is a mystery, but what you describe sounds like one may have been used. Maybe the owner had a boobytrap setup? It's not very likely that one was used though, unless the intruder was a particularly crafty scumbag and made one himself.

Did the owner mention if anything was missing? Or you could've simply gotten whacked on the head. I was knocked out one time in a lacrosse game. I got hit, and then everything went black. I felt this buzzing all over (kinda like when your leg falls asleep) and then woke up what felt like seconds later. Everyone else said I had been out for at least 5 minutes. I'd hazard a guess to say maybe you were simply whacked in the skull and hallucinated the rest until you woke up.
>>
These two stories are pretty unexciting but I haven't actually posted on /x/ for so long I decided I'd contribute.

I work at a music school and one of the things we can do is rehearse with our bands whenever so even though I wasn't working during this first one it seemed like a good story. greentext to make it less wordy:
>be practicing with bandmate
>like maybe 1 or 2am maybe, we had been there quite a while at this point
>bandmate stops to talk through some chord progressions
>I hear talking from room outside ours
>"do you hear that?"
>she gets quiet
>"yeah totally"
>"is someone here it's really late for another rehearsal to be happening this is really weird."
>we rush out of main rehearsal room and look around
>motion activated lights are on
>still hear voices
>go through every room and no one else is in the school
>both of us kind of spooked
>end of band practice for the night

Story 2 - maybe like a month and a half later:
>was going to work two incredibly long shifts that weekend and had been working like crazy that week
>needed to program a keyboard for the school though like I promised my boss I would do (he needed it like the next day)
>I thought it best to just stop by the school on my way home from my other job. I get there at like 11:45pm
>go into room, start programming and making the synth sound he needs, blah, blah, blah
>be an hour later because I made the setting and forgot to save it and had to start again (uggghhh)
>see a (yet again motion activated) light goes off down the hall
>I get a little uncomfortable but don't think much of it
>Feel breath on my neck like someone standing behind me
>Turn around
>suddenly hear loud bangs on every wall happening one after the other on opposite walls (started like wall in front of me, wall behind me, wall on the left then wall on the right)
>finished the fuck up and left

That's it. Not super exciting but just wanted to add to this thread!
>>
>>17017415
pretty spooky, anon

tfw the home depot I work at overnight supposedly has a ghost around building and lumber. never heard or seen shit though
>>
>>17001994
Not that person, but probably not near you Montana is fuckin huge
>>
>be femanon
>drive to the gym at around 1am after work
>as I paek on the street I notice a figure on the other side of the road
>he sees me and turns, starts shuffling towards my car
>wearing dirty clothes, waving a broken phone in front of him
>nope.jpg
>lock doors and turn car on but don't leave just yet
>homeless people are common where I live
>usually harmless
>as he gets closer I realise He's yelling incoherently
>as I'm about to pull away he puts his phone away and starts signing that he needs a lift
>turns out he was just a deaf guy with poor hygiene
>drive him to his grandmothers (like 45km away) where she's waiting in the yard
>clearly very distressed
>he jumps out before I stop the car
>signs that I picked him up from so far away
>mfw she comes to my window and gives me $50
>mfw no face
>>
>>17017534
Pics or it didn't happen
>>
File: 1410146778460.gif (2MB, 480x269px) Image search: [Google]
1410146778460.gif
2MB, 480x269px
>>17013093
>Scramble around for what felt like hours, noise wont stop
> It certainly didn't feel like 32 minutes, more like a few seconds

Pick a story, anon.
>>
One time I walked home from my sisters house, and in this tub container thing there was about 20 dead cats in it.

Was right next to a asain church so I kinda figured its probably a hatecrime but is also right next to a pretty big wooded area
>>
>>16979160

Thanks for continuing these threads, this is good ole /x/ material all the way. I featured some of the posts and thread 1 and 2 in the second part of this broadcast >>17008662
>>
I worked security at a grocery store for several years. We had a fellow named "Bill" that worked there. One night on the way to work Bill was killed in a car accident. He was on his way to pick up his engagement ring to give to his girlfriend. It really shook the store up. Anyway.

Not too long after the accident a lot of strange things started happening in the evening when Bill would have been on shift. The big metal freezer door opening by itself. Freezer aisle doors opening and closing by themselves. Real weird shit ya know. We had an employee walk through the back room and witness a stack of 2 liter soft drinks launch themselves across the room (This was caught on camera). Then things got kinda dark.
>>
>>17018895
Maybe he's just trying to describe what it felt like. In the moment, maybe it seemed like time slowed down (the seconds felt like hours is a common literary trope). But then upon regaining consciousness he figured it must've only lasted a few seconds.

I mean, he's probably lying but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he's just not very good with explaining this sort of thing.
>>
>>17021152
cont.

I was walking the floor one night when I heard a scream come from the produce cooler. I ran in thinking someone hurt themselves only to find the employee standing there white as a ghost.

I asked him what happened and he proceeded to tell me that as he was washing dishes and cleaning up for the night he glanced out the back door window (which led to the back room) and said he saw Bill staring back at him. I tore through the door and searched everywhere but could find no one. We checked the cameras and saw no one, but this dude was legit scared to death. He insisted I stay in Produce until his shift was finished. I did and there was no other incident that evening.
>>
>>17018972
>and in this tub container thing there was about 20 dead cats in it.
Someone wanted to get rid of stray cats.
It's not really /x/worthy.
>>
>>17021165
cont.

Sorry if this isn't making sense. It happened several years ago and I am trying to remember things in the correct order.

So a few days after the initial produce incident I was asked to stay around that area more than the others. Try to make the employees feel better about whatever was happening. So I hung out in Produce with the salad makers.

One night I was back there with 2 employees towards the end of their shift. It had been quiet for a week or so and things had sorta returned to normal. We were joking around when we heard a roll cart move from inside the cooler and then a loud crash.

We opened the door to find that nothing was outta place. I won't lie this one freaked me out the worst. We had a ll heard a loud calamity and yet nothing had moved.
>>
>>17021181
final

The last incident I was a part of before I found a better job involved me and the new security guard I was training. It was her first day on the job and things went smoothly. She did fine. As we were closing up the store I was counting customers to make sure we were empty. I counted the last one, locked the door, and returned to the manager desk to report out. Newbie tells me there is still one more customer. Nah, I watched them all leave. She tells me she saw a guy walk into the back room of the store. I asked her why she didn't stop him and she said she didn't want to go after him alone. Fair enough.

We go to the back and of course there is no one there. I asked if she was sure and she insisted. We went to the front and watched the cameras. Nothing. I pulled a picture of out of the manager desk and asked her if this is who she saw. She said yes. I told her what had happened to Bill. She quit the next day.

And that is my creepy experience as a security guard in small town Indiana.
>>
I'm lurking this thread
>>
Worked security on this dude's property for a while. It was a huge development and shit kept getting vandalized while it was getting built so he hired me.

>Did a stakeout about once a week.
>Literally sat in my car listening to music or watching movies most of the time.
>Sometimes I would bring a friend.
>Owner knows, doesn't care because I actually do a good job.
>Property is innawoods for the most part, there are a few dirt roads that cross through it.
>Decide one day to bring a girl, as I had decided the week before that this would be a good time to fool around.
>Invite my gf, bring some condoms
>Park car off of dirt road.
>Literally nothing happens for a good hour.
>Things starting to get hot and heavy.
>Begin having sex with gf
>About a minute and thirty seconds in she just screams.
>Push her off, look out the window.
>Shine my light towards the forest.
>There is some crazy looking dude just looking at us, not doing anything.
>Wiry hair, crazed look eyes, the whole shebang.
>Open door and run out of the car, still hard as a rock trying to chase this dude.
>He trips over a tree stump, falls out of sight.
>Run over to tackle him.
>No one there. Shine my light all around.
>There is no one there.
>wtf
>run back to car, gf is still shaking.
>Call the owner, tell him what happened, minus the sex, and he tells me to call the cops and go home.
>Call cops and wait for them.
>Explain to them what happened.
>Drop gf off and go home.
>>
>>17021354
I want this thread to be up in the morning so I can post my stuff too. It's old stuff though so you may have already read it. (I haven't worked a third shift in a long time)
>>
>>17017205
Roman the person attacked people, or Roman the ghost?
>>
>>17021202
>she said she didn't want to go after him alone.
Why be a security guard?
>>
>>16998488
Lmao " Ah shit , not this again "
>>
>late night driver for local pizza chain
>one time I make a drop at an inner city community centre
>as soon as I walk out a girl dressed to the nines walks by
>arms crossed, teary-eyed, and sniffling, as if she were just stood up/broken up with
>not really spooky but super existential
>>
My job is at a warehouse and upstairs there's a row of the same clothes. By the far back there's more so it looks like a long hallway but its very dark because they don't turn on the lights on that area. Everytime I pass by it it looks eerie to me. Especially since I work night shift.
>>
https://soundcloud.com/etalybovb/air

some background ambience..
>>
>>17022275
It was a minimum wage job. Just something to do until a better one came along. No need to take any real risk.
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.