[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

nightmare induced memory loss

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: R-5135740-1385466844-2555.jpeg.jpg (166KB, 596x597px) Image search: [Google]
R-5135740-1385466844-2555.jpeg.jpg
166KB, 596x597px
when i was little, around 6yo, i used to have the same nightmare over and over again, it went like this:
>be me
>everything black, standing on black, like i was floating
>be ganged up by my current fears (jason, freddy, michael, leatherface, you know, what kids are usually scared of)
>they bully and torture me, making me incredibly claustrophobic and start crying
>to the point where i wake up
>nightmares got progressively worse

then one day i woke up from said nightmare and couldnt remember a thing, i didnt know where i was, what i had been doing or even who i was
walked up to the living room and didnt recognize my parents or my house
no memories, no resemblances, no nothing
been living life normally as if that night was day 1, never had the same nightmare again

has anyone ever heard or experienced such things?
>>
>>16976144
wait so you never remembered your family?
do you remember anything before that dream?
>>
>>16976158
well, i did get to know them again with time
and no, that is the earliest memory i have, i can still remember it very vividly

my instincts, basic stuff i learned from school, etc all remained
but i could not remember my friends, family, everyday life or anything else
>>
>>16976144
In my humild opinion maybe a demon tried to possess you (nightmares are the first signal), then he showed horrible things to you and an angel protected you and deleted your memory to not get traumatized. Then you said you got no more nightmares later...
>>
>>16976176
in those nightmares the monsters often said shocking stuff
stuff that i cant recall but really made me feel bad and want to step out of there/wake up
i think it might have been my subconscious telling me things
ive also read about great traumas bringing people to delete their memories relating to the trauma, some sort of brain defense system
but that is indeed a valid possibility
>>
>>16976183
Yeah, 1 month ago I got a nightmare and I woke up in the midnight. I felt a horrible presence, I can't move, so cold. In my mind I called help, in like 10 seconds later it got out. Then it happened again and I called help again, inconsciently I saw other dimension with a lot of people looking me like in a window with a good feeling. I think they were the angels that I called.
>>
>>16976144
I've never encountered this but Im glad you're living life normally now.
>>
>>16976183
My partner was abused as a kid, suffered similar nightmares of people looking over them, claustrophobic and being surrounded. He has no memories of his abuse what so ever. Took him 20 years to piece together what actually happened. Have you seen a psychologist?
>>
>>16976223
i really dont think i was abused, otherwise someone would have probably told me
>have you ever seen a psychologist?
yes but only on early to late teenage years when suffering from severe depression

i have never told anyone about this other than a couple of very close friends
>>16976201
if you couldnt move its most likely related to sleep paralysis, which ive had but very briefly and much later
>>
>>16976210
thank you for your kind words anon
>>
>>16976144
It kind of sounds like something protected you because obviously whatever it was it was working. Why would it stop on its own? When I was a little kid I had nightmares every single night but nothing torture related and nothing in my dreams ever tried to coax me into things. Your dreams weren't normal, clearly. However, were there usually one monster at a time? Did they ever tell you to do bad things?
>>
>>16976877
>were there usually one monster at a time?
several monsters at a time, most times all of them
>did they ever tell you do to bad things?
most likely
and as i said in >>16976183 i dont know what they said but it surely was unsettling for a little kid

the dreams happened so frequently that i was expected to wake up at night, often times completely giving up on sleep and spending the night on playstation
at least thats what my parents say when i ask about my sleeping patterns (keep in mind they dont know about the dream)
>>
>>16977314
Believe it or not it sort of sounds like the work of demons, yes I said demons as in multiple. It must take a tremendous amount of work to attack humans like that otherwise they would do it all the time. What's special about you then? A bit of kid torture on the side seems like a waste of time. Do you remember specific things like sounds? Were the dreams in color or black and white? Can you remember what the voices sounded like? Had the dreams stopped by the time you moved out of that house? Did you ever bleed or die in the dreams?
>>
>>16977907
the dreams were always in color
i cant remember the voices but i do remember that they did not sound 'human' if you will (again, they were literally horror movie monsters so my own mind might have gotten into play)

they stopped for no apparent reason, my guess is that they got too extreme to me as they often ended with me being hopelessly surrounded, and yes, bleeding

even tho my mother always said there was something to me, i always thought it to be gibberish
apparently she visited a card reader once and was told that her first son (me) was cursed
then there was some talk about indigo seeds, but thats a completely different topic
i know this may sound a bit imaginary and far-fetched, but it was all very real to me
>>
>>16977990
>>16977907
i should also mention that in the begging the dreams were, while still frightening, very calm
almost as if the monsters were chatting with me or trying to come to a conclusion as to what to do
>>
>>16978000
did you feel like you had a choice to make or were they in control the whole time?
>>
>>16978065
no choice whatsoever
also unlike >>16976201 mentioned, i dont recall any angels or entities coming to rescue me
i just woke up feeling incredibly upset and confused
>>
i think ive explained the events as much as i could
does anyone reading have a theory on this? something other than demonic possesion?
id much rather find a logical explanation, i dont want my fears to be confirmed
>>
>>16976144
You're nightmare is your brain telling you to not be such a fucking pussy.
>>
>>16977314
>several monsters at a time, most times all of them

Did they gang rape you?
>>
>>16978178
>>16978184
no
>>
>>16978155
just because you were being harassed doesn't mean that you were being possessed. What do YOU think it was?
>>
Bro, how did you forget your parents but you didn't forget the nightmares that caused your amnesia in the first place? I call bullshit.
>>
>>16978434
i do not know how to answer this in a way that will make you believe me
you know when you wake up and you can still see parts of your dream? imagine having the exact same scenario happen to you everyday, obviously its gonna get engraved in your memories
the fact that i can only recall blurred visions of said nightmare support my condition
thing is that is the one earliest memory i have, not a single thing before that night ever came to mind
it does sound like a lie, but its not
>>16978274
trauma/subsequent memory erasure
kinda like a coma patient when he wakes up, except i was never in a coma
>>
I think a lot of people had this experience, maybe that's not psychological thing.
>>
The nightmare is a ghost or night demon that terrorizes people while they sleep by sitting on their chests and suffocating them. The victim is paralyzed, unable cry out, and aware of a frightening presence in the room. A similar sensation is associated with alien abductions.
>>
>>16979389
>a lot of people
now thats a stretch
what do you think of it
>>16980732
why would they go after a kid tho
>>
>>16981124
People with weak emotions, are easy to be attacked. Your aura get weak too resulting in possession, etc. I dunno if I'm right... But children are easy to be manipulated.
>>
I remember having weird occurances at night when I was young.
I'd be awake in my bed and I'd feel this intense sense of fear. I was able to see and hear things in different areas of the room.
I was sure it wasn't sleep paralysis because it happened for so long, and I would have to leave the room just to escape this intense feeling.
I remember somethings I thought of used to trigger it. But the triggers were really weird, like thinking of something expanding and expanding to the point where it was so big that it was unimaginable in a way.
I sometimes lay in bed and try to think of this weird thought and get that sensation before i sleep, I can sometimes get there but my train of though goes elsewhere when I get close, and half of me gets scared when I start to feel the initial fear.
>>
>>16982866
I had the same thing!
Before I try to sleep, strange images appeared in my mind, really strange, was impossible to sleep.
I remember that I saw 3 kind of strange specie in a cave. I heared a strange voice in my mind, screams, fire and dead people.
>>
>>16982876
I remembered seeing three people also.
It was so weird, I remember them being loud and making so much noise and then out of no where they would just look and stare at me.
>>
>>16978155
Maybe as a tot you were taken away from bad parents and adopted (happens quick for youngins). Your real (as in, the people who raised you, not necessarily your biological) parents might have hidden it from you because you were young enough not to know and didn't want you feeling disconnected from them. Or there was just a moment of play that traumatized you that they don't remember or something.

Or maybe it's a memory turned dream of being taken for a weekend by a relative, and little you not knowing what was happening reinterpreted it into something traumatic that led to something more. And as for the later amnesia, maybe you've just projected some major development psychological step (like first being aware of other people as conscious beings, getting empathy) onto it and time turned it into amnesia.

Or maybe you had a rare stroke that just didn't leave many other effects.

When I was a kid I had nightmares about a bloody fight between a crying woman and a guy. Turns out it was pieced together as a memory of a drug fight my parents had that caused me to live with my grandma for about 2 months, before we moved in with her. Lots of pieces fell out from it though - details changed and distorted. Her blood moved from her scalp where she actually bled to a more visible scar on her eyebrow from when she was 8, for example. But I had my nightmare rationalized when I was 8, so I might be projecting over it, and certainly haven't had enough time to let it distort normally, especially since I "know" what it was.
>>
>>16982901
The same as me... (they looked like Pazuzu without wings)
Do you keep seeing them or something similar? What you did to protect from them?
>>
>>16976144
Prove it.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.