[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 9

File: image.jpg (93KB, 500x733px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 500x733px
I'm thinking of changing my religion to something more spiritual and doesn't take much devotion. Ideas?
>>
>>16970274
Islam
>>
Buddhism. Big focus on spirituality and you can go with the flow on it.
Most religion is you get as much or little as you want from it though.
>>
>>16970293

This.

Buddhism has elevated me to a position of unconditional happiness and unconditional love. Where as before, I was vain and egotistical. Now I can meditate alone and be perfectly happy and at peace without attachments.
>>
>>16970293
This guy, but technically, eastern religions generally don't ask for much devotion.
>>
>>16970312
Bonus points, some salça:
https://www.youtube.com/user/burtharding
>>
File: IMG_0698.jpg (469KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0698.jpg
469KB, 2048x1536px
Atheism
>>
taoism. It's the religion of laziness.
>>
>>16970315
Science, math and applied numbers....
Fuck meditation, this is som Buddha-level spiritualism right there.
>>
>>16970352
Atheism is expressly the lack of belief, therefore the least devotion needing. Your spirit is whatever you so wish it to be.
>>
>>16970274
How spiritual are we talking here? What's your old religion?
>>
File: god.jpg (486KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
486KB, 1024x768px
The original christianism. You don't need to go to a church. Just accept Christ, offer him your life, follow him, work with angels, holy spirit and God. Ask to feel all bad and good beings and a paranormal experience with him.
It worked to me, you can choose any religion, but, don't be a religious person that follow semi-gods and human rules, you will be in a spiritual deception like Islamism, Mormons, Jeovah Witness, Roman Catholic, etc.
Just with this you are saved,
>>
File: splinter.jpg (132KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
splinter.jpg
132KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>16970429
Thanks senpai
>>
>>16970417
kek
>>
>>16970293
>>16970316
and Confucianism. Any Asian religion really, because they're not so crazy about praying to someone all the time. All 3 of these were inspired by actual people who simply developed a following that lives by their suggested ideals.

You could do all three, honestly.
>>
>>16970274
I thought your religion was the one true religion?

Why not just abandon religion all together?
>>
>>16970274

Give up all religion.

Dogma imprisons the mind.

When you give up on religions, it doesn't make you an atheist or materialist by default.
>>
Ishvala
>>
zen
>>
>>16970736
>this
>>
>>16970274
Worships the leaf.
Take a leaf of the ground and make it your God.
Can you get any more spiritual and easygoing then that?
>>
File: oath_of_druids1.jpg (180KB, 624x468px) Image search: [Google]
oath_of_druids1.jpg
180KB, 624x468px
>>
I got saved a month or two ago. Seems like alot of devotion but when you accept Christ you see what's really going on in the world and what hides in the dark. The best and most interesting ride I've ever been on and I'm addicted to life now, before I was basically waiting to be killed.
>>
>ITT: Things first worlders like
>>
buddhism. its whatever you make it though, but buddhism has a wide spectrum of spirituality. you have zen which i smuch less spiritual than purely meditational, then theres mahayana in the indian tradition which is both meditation and a looot of reading. Theravada which is a bit self centered and kind of ascetic. Tibetan buddhism or vajrayana, which is divided into the kagyu, sakya, gelug, and nyingma schools. Gelug and sakya are generally monastic and also really focus on words and logical discourse. kagyu focus aaaaa looooot on meditation, secluded practice and visualiation work, and the nyingmas are... well theyre a mix. But its prob the perfect in between between theravada, zen and the more spiritual tibetan schools. also, chogyal namkhai norbu shares a great system that isnt really religious at all, but is based on buddhist/pre buddhist practices. Its called dzogchen. you could check him out, interesting shit.
>>
File: barfing(boysclub).jpg (21KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
barfing(boysclub).jpg
21KB, 160x160px
that makes no sense,, any thing worth it takes time and effort. You get what you Put in to it..!!! Jesus Is the Best way to go friend..
>>
>>16970274
nama ste fago-tron
>>
Surprised that nobody mentioned anime, desu~
>>
Jesus is the most important person ever existed. There are a lot of proofs he existed. You can tell about something only if you know about or ever tried.
If you never tried to see the reality because of people, churches or any thing, you are stupid (lol) When we die we will see. Remember.
>>
>>16973938
Bet you can't show me those proofs...

I for one think Jesus never existed, so there's that.
>>
File: 1446275721658s.jpg (10KB, 200x226px) Image search: [Google]
1446275721658s.jpg
10KB, 200x226px
>>16973979

Just meditate at least 20 min
Before meditation pray to God to guide your meditations
Don't waste your time asking which religion is the true one , better make of truth your religion and you'll be fine.
>>
File: Krishnamurti1.jpg (117KB, 550x445px) Image search: [Google]
Krishnamurti1.jpg
117KB, 550x445px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULaiDcHPlJg
>>
>>16970274
>tfw you want to read that...
>>
>>16974602
Neat pic. Can't say I disagree.
>>
You don't need a new religion, you just need to be shot. People always wanting things the easy way are people who end up being useless fuckheads. Try Our Lady of Eternal Convenience Church and Gas Chamber
>>
>>16974602
How is this not just another way to separate yourself from the rest of humanity, but this time in a contradictory and much more arrogant way.

"I'm different - and BETTER - than everyone else because I don't align with any of your violent labels."
>>
Go into paganism
>>
go listen to some of neville goddard's lectures
>>
File: steve-jobs.jpg (36KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
steve-jobs.jpg
36KB, 640x640px
>>16970274
What others said already: Buddhism. Just don't openly say you're Buddhist, or else you'll just look like a douche. Pic related.
>>
Homosexualism.
>>
>>16970707
>Confucianism
That's all about devotion. They pray to their ancestors all the time. Confucianism wasn't inspired by Confucius, it was started by him. It's a school of the traditional Chinese Religion, which is why some people argue it's a philosophy.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.