[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Nightmare.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

File: Shadow Man.png (80KB, 1366x784px) Image search: [Google]
Shadow Man.png
80KB, 1366x784px
So I just stumbled across this documentary about sleep paralysis and it is the most goddamn chilling thing I have watched in a long time as I suffer somewhat from occasional sleep parlysis and quite regular hypnogogic hallucinations. This films deals with...

>Nightmares
>Shared Nightmares
>Sleep Paralysis
>Demonic Attacks
>Shadow People
>OOBE's
>Alien Abduction

I seriously recommed for anyone to watch this; http://putlocker.ms/watch-the-nightmare-online-free-2015-putlocker-v4.html

Also sleep paralysis general, whats been happening to you in your sleep? Lately my hypnogogic hallucinations have been flashes of light from behind me and weird shapes and multi-coloured, pipe-like things appearing in the air above me.
>>
Ive been too spooped to watch it. I'm worried its going to cause me to have sleep paralysis which I used to have super frequently but has since dwindled over the past few years.
>>
>>16970291

They discuss that too. I havent had parlysis in a while but it doesnt frighten me anyway so I didnt mind watching it.

Spoopiest thing i've seen in ages though, some parts really creeped me out.
>>
>>16970325
Welp, I'll give it a watch
>>
Sleep paralysis is pretty scary. For some reason, I always experience it with migraines, making them suck extra hard.

I had my first real sleep paralysis hallucination the other day. Luckily nothing scary though, just my boyfriend standing over me at my bedside, mumbling incoherently.
>>
>>16970447
>nothing scary though, just my boyfriend standing over me at my bedside, mumbling incoherently.

That would weird me the fuck out.

Knowing that sleep paralysis prevents you from hurting yourself by stopping you from acting out your dreams took all the fear out of it for me. Luckily I dont have it anywhere near the level the poor bastards in the documentary have it though. I dont know how I would cope with something that intense.
>>
Just finished watching this and two things rung out as major for me. Ive had plenty of shadow men/hat man expierences but what I was surprised to not see mentioned was the old hag.

When I think about the scariest moments of my life they involve the old hag or old woman whatever shes called. I recall expierences of just her face and arm, slowly peeking out from a closet or doorway with an insane look on her face. Moving so slowly. Never breaking eye contact.

And the intense nut pain. Ive experienced that a good handful of times, one being pretty recent (past 3 or 4 months) where something so intensely painful is happening to your fucking nuts and you wake up and it still hurts so insanely bad but subsides rather quickly.

Anyone else have these ?
>>
>>16970837

The old hag was mentioned but I think they wanted to keep he focus of this documentary around the shadow people as that is a much less well known about or documented phenomenon. The "old hag" is pretty well known about already. I dare say a lot of the people who watch this who are not into /x/ related weirdness will never have heard of shadow people before.

Oh and Ive never seen the hag and i've never had nut pain.
>>
File: WIN_20150901_12_04_03_Pro.jpg (114KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20150901_12_04_03_Pro.jpg
114KB, 1280x720px
just wait for it
>>
File: 1431531274534-0.png (121KB, 1020x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1431531274534-0.png
121KB, 1020x1004px
>>
>>16972032

????
>>
Stop getting fucked up on shit on a regular basis. Stop getting fucked up before sleep. Get your sleeping shedule in check. Go to fucking sleep when you want to go to sleep, and stop staying up late.

There, the terrbile scurge of Le Demonic Sleep Paralysis solved, rejoice!
>>
I used to get sleep paralysis on a frequent basis but they'res actually a way to not be "paralyzed" at least for me. When I relize its happening, if I use enough effort I would roll over my whole entire body and that would end it sometimes still experiencing a couple oev until I'd turn on a light. Also sleep paralysis usually only happened if I slept on my back never on my side. Just saying Incase anyone's struggling with it :D
>>
>>16970265
I had sleep paralysis happen to me two days ago. I had sex with a demon who told me I looked like I wanted it. It felt so real. I woke up terrified
>>
I think it's more related to stress and guilt
Last sleep paralysis I had was a few years ago
>skipping my class, super lazy
>nice warmish autumn day, smells like leaves and summer at the same time
>window open sun is shining couldn't be an awesome-er day
>take a midday nap
>as I feel myself drifting off to sleep I hear kids outside laughing
>that's cool. Today is the perfect day to be a lazy fuck
>time passes but the kids laughing only gets louder and it feels like its entering my room
>starts surrounding my bed
>WTF
>can feel my eyes fluttering open and shut trying to wake up
>the laughter gets unbearable like I'm going to die from it
>standing at the doorframe is a dark figure
>jesustittyfuckingchrist.jpg
>heart pounding, chest tightening
>Suddenly wake up and realize it's nothing
>pack my shit and book it to school
>>
>>16972050
>all cases of sleep paralysis just result from poor lifestyle choices
Do you even know how retarded you are?
>>
>>16972050
I had the most intense sleep paralysis episodes when I was too young to drink or do drugs. School kept me in a decent sleep schedule. Now that I get fucked up, there's nothing
>>
>>16972088
I've heard a lot of people say sleeping on your side helps. Sleep paralysis has only happened to me in a scary hallucinatory way one time (saw a bearded dude in a black robe that looked like he was out of Elder Scrolls standing in front of my door, holding one of his hands out and draining my life force or whatever, about ten seconds later I realized he was the coat hanging on my door) but I usually sleep on my side anyways.
>>
Been dealing with sleep paralysis weekly for almost 30 years now. You'd think I'd be used to it by now, but I still dread knowing that it's coming, and every time is still just as terrifying. Didn't really like The Nightmare, either. Seemed too "out there" if you get what I mean. I'd have rather them look at it more scientifically. Anyway, I always thought this video represented what it's like to have sleep paralysis perfectly, for those wondering what it's like.

https://youtu.be/X9bzSyJ2YMg?t=1m22s

That right there is pretty much the perfect recreation of sleep paralysis.
>>
>>16972088
Doesn't always work, I've had it happen sleeping on my belly and on my side. It's worse that way.

Never seen the hag, but I've seen different shit.
My brother's family were staying with us for a while, and they had a maltipoo that was medium sized so when he ran on the second floor, you could hear his paws throughout the house. Anyways, right as I was falling asleep, he starts running for whatever reason. I'm paralyzed, and his paws start thundering through the hallway. It felt like 5 dogs were running. Then I look up and there's this fucked up version of the dog hovering over me. It had multiple boar tusks sprouting out of it's mouth, six eyes along it's head, and like eight legs.
I have seen hat man, and he's a cunt. Woke up in the middle of the night and for some reason all the lights were on, so I woke up pissed, because I hate being woke up that way. My dad used to do that shit when I was younger so i was not having it. I wasn't paralyzed, but I felt extremely weak and I managed to get up from the bed out of rage and willpower, and I turned over to yell at whoever it was fucking doing that shit. And when I saw him. It was like my vision was vibrating or something, and I just started yelling at him to fuck off as I was still trying to get out of bed.
>>
File: m-1001-white.jpg (170KB, 998x1000px) Image search: [Google]
m-1001-white.jpg
170KB, 998x1000px
>>16974975
Wake up in bed with all the lights turned off.
I've had this shit since I was kid, because I remember being terrified of those street signs that had a silhouette similar to him and very vague memories that seemed out of place involving him. I thought he was death or something.
The only other one I have present, is some guy in a white mask. He also appears when I astral project, and is the only who talks to me directly. His eyes seem like endless black holes, and when I get uppity and astral project, he shows up contorting his face into grotesque abominations, just screaming like a feral animal. I call him Larry. Larry isn't necessarily scary unless you look him in the eyes. For some reason that's what fucking horrifies me the most, not the demonic faces and sounds he makes, just getting caught in his eyes that seem to be void of anything that's good? I don't know how to explain it.

>sleeping on living room couch which is up against a wall, because reasons
>laying on my side facing the back of the couch
>suddenly feel paralyzed
>herewego.exe
>hear a chuckle
>look up
>see Larry leaning on top of the couch with his chin resting on his hands looking down at me
>which is impossible because there's a wall there, but it's fucking Larry, who gives no fucks about logic
>catch his gaze accidentally
>"And what are you doing here again?"
>feeling helpless as I can't stop looking into his eyes
>start screaming
>wake up

I can tell all the other nightmares to go fuck themselves, but he's different. He's too direct and personal, that it's unnerving. Could he be something worse than just your average sleep paralysis faggot?
>>
>>16974964
Yeah, that's pretty accurate, but mine goes a bit differently. Generally, I'll have an ultra realistic, freaky ass dream about a black being that's trying to take control over my body (in various scenarios), and then I fight him as hard as I can with my pure will power (because I'm always frozen in place and can't move in the dream)
This is when the paralysis happens; I'll occasionally realize it's a dream and try to wake myself up, but often times I just become awake, but still can't move for a bit. It'll take every ounce of my will to ACTUALLY wake up from the paralysis, and I'll have weird "visions" during this time.
Just generic feelings that someone is in the room with me, or it'll be pitch black, but I can see as if the lights are on. Weird shit like that. And you're never sure if you're fully awake or not during this shit either, because the fucking dreams are SO vivid. I've even "woken up" several times before actually waking up, and STILL not being able to move.
The weird part is that even after I'm fully awake, laying in the dark, it still feels like I'm not alone.

The dreams are the WORST part though. I'll be doing some every day ac tivity, and then some random person will turn out to be the being, I become frozen in place and feel my control slipping away, and the struggle begins. Often lasting several minutes, not realizing it's a dream, and then the sleep paralysis isn't SO bad, honestly. It's like a cooling off phase for me, lol...

The dreams can be a lot more intense though. Like absolutely realistic dreams about a black being that pops out of nowhere and then invisible hands carrying me away into the darkness and shit like that.

NOT a fun time.
>>
>>16975043
>I remember being terrified of those street signs that had a silhouette similar to him and very vague memories that seemed out of place involving him. I thought he was death or something.

Same here, bro. Those signs would practically give me a panic attack a a child because that's what I saw sometimes when I was having sleep paralysis.

I've seen a lot of different shit when having it, but by far the weirdest thing I saw was fucking Alvin, Simon, and Theodore. Yes, the fucking Chipmunks, and they were attempting to hide weapons behind their backs, albeit poorly, because the weapons were much larger than them (a baseball bat, an ax, and a crowbar) while telling me everything was fine and they weren't going to hurt me, but I knew they were lying, because of the had the most sinister smiles on their stupid chipmunk faces.
>>
>>16975052

For me, when I'm finally actually awake is just as bad, because I still feel "off" for a good 45 minutes, and I'm still not convinced I'm actually awake for real. I have to have people reassure me that I'm actually awake and still not trapped in sleep paralysis, and even then I still don't believe them 100 percent.
>>
>>16975077
That's fucked.
Like the cgi ones? or the cartoony ones?

Is communication normal for anyone else?
Sometimes I hear guttural chanting in some other language I don't understand.
>>
>>16975120

The cartoon ones. This was back in the 80s. L wasn't kidding when I said I've been having this shit for 30 years. And yes, sometimes communication is fucked up. Odd thing is, though, sometimes, even when the language is garbled or something I don't understand, I still "understand" it. Does that make any sense?
>>
>>16975130
I can pick up on the intent behind some of it, but not necessarily the message. If it gives me a bad vibe, I try not to give in to fear and resort to anger, but it's hard because some of this shit is so easy to just become abstract as fuck.

I don't understand where this shit comes from and it worries me. I'd like to think it's just me going insane and it's just in my head, but these things don't feel like they are a part of me. They feel like intruders. Does this happen because we no longer look to spirituality for guidance in these matters, and learn to put them in their place? Sort of like exercising your soul or building up an immune system against this type of shit? Which leaves you vulnerable to whatever the fuck this is? Something has to be out of balance right?
>>
>>16975194

That's the craziest and worst part of Sleep Paralysis. There's still no concrete explanation for it at all out there. I can say first hand that I don't think it's spirituality or anything. I don't want to reveal too much about my personal life, but trust me on that one. It's not related to spirituality or religion.

I do get what you're saying about it not being a part of you. Perhaps something else outside of you. Aside from sleep paralysis, I've also done amateur studies about dreams and the Collective Unconscious in the thought that sometimes, when we dream, we're not dreaming at all and it's something else we're tapping into. Is sleep paralysis an extension of that? Haven't made that correlation definite yet, but it's possible. Had some freaky shit happen in one study that ended prematurely because a few people dropped out when shit got too bizarre.
>>
>>16975221
>That's the craziest and worst part of Sleep Paralysis. There's still no concrete explanation for it at all out there

Based on what I know about how the actual mechanism of REM and the associated paralysis work on a neuropharmacological level, and what I know about anticholingerics, I'd be willing to bet that the hallucinations are caused by the fact that Acetylcholine production is altered during REM.

explains the paralysis, and the hallucination.

Willing to bet if you were to sleep with a nicotine patch on, you'd have no sleep paralysis (albeit, you'll have very vivid dreams).
>>
I've never read into sleep paralysis and spooky sleepy paralyze stuff. I always dismissed it at fake, can someone elaborate?
>>
>>16975271
sleep paralysis is very real. It's a medical phenomenon.

Basically, some people have fucked up brains such that they wake up while they're still technically dreaming, and this causes them to see weird shit.
>>
>>16975263

It's funny you say that, because in rehab, people will trade you shit for your nicotine patch at night so they can have those dreams, cause that's the closest they can get to a trip or a high while they're in there. Seriously. But anyway, aside from sleep paralysis, I also have lucid dreams frequently. Again though, this shit goes back to my childhood. You seem to know about this on a scientific level. Could you go into more detail? Do you think it might be hereditary? I know my mother had a history of lucid dreams.

>>16975271

It's not fake. It's very real, and millions suffer from it. If you want a good description of what it's like, watch the video posted here:

>>16974964
>>
>>16975263
The craziest part for me isn't that it happens, it's the fact that you get the same hallucinations cropping up over and over among people who otherwise have no idea about sleep paralysis, or the old hag, or shadow people.

Why is the old hag such a terrifying figure, anyway? What is it about an old woman that makes her so universally terrifying to people?
>>
>>16975290

Perhaps she's something primal, back from our cave dwelling days? Something buried very deep in our subconsciousness?
>>
>>16975295
Or maybe it's just the prevalence of the stereotype in Western culture and it doesn't appear in, eg., all Eastern cultures.
>>
>>16975319
But she appears even to people who don't know about sleep paralysis, anon. That's what spooks me.
>>
>>16975286
>You seem to know about this on a scientific level

well, I know more about the effects of acetylcholine weirdness because [spoiler]I'm one of those dirty /del/vers on occasion.[/spoiler]

Anyway, when you're in REM, ACh concentrates in the brain, and depletes in the body, thus, the paralysis.

As for the hallucinations? Anyone's guess, but anytime ACh is involved, be it too high or too low, I always blame that, as both ACh agonists (think: amanita muscaria mushrooms) and Anticholingeric drugs (DPH, datura, etc) cause similar hallucinations, which are also similar to sleep paralysis hallucinations.

Could it be hereditary? Of course. Everything can be hereditary, but it could also be drug related (melatonin, /del/ving too much, drinking too much...anything really), or even environmental.

>people will trade you shit for your nicotine patch at night so they can have those dreams

Yeah, nicotine is an ACh agonist, so it increases availability of ACh in the brain, which allows better memory formation (one of ACh's functions). Leads to better dream recall and thus a semblance of the dream being more vivid.
>>
>>16975290
it's not about it being "primal" or anything (at least, not philosophically or whatever).

When you /del/ve or have too little sleep, you see similar things simply based on how the brain is (mal)functioning at the time. We see people-like objects (be they shadows, hags or ayy lmaos) because of pareidolia.

That's just our brain's default sort of wiring -- human figures. When it's bumfucked by drugs or malfunctioning sleep, it rigs up those default patterns to non-sense stimuli, like shadows or coats hanging on the wall.

>>16975323
Spiders and other insects appear to people who do DPH; even suicidals who didn't research it as a recreational first.
"machine elves" and "machinescapes" reoccur to 5HT agonist (shrooms, DMT, etc) users, even if they've never researched it before.

The brains of humans are largely similar...when they begin to fuck up, they fail in largely similar ways.
>>
>>16975337

I don't know why, but for some reason, my sleep paralysis and problems sleeping/dreaming have also lead me to be afraid to go under the knife. I've convinced myself that, because of everything I already experience, that there's a chance I'd experience anesthesia awareness. You seem to be the smartest one ITT. Are my fears unfounded? Could the two even be connected, or am I just being paranoid?
>>
>>16974930
Not him, but I did have a friend that started seeing the grey hat guy after he started taking meth and bath salts.
>>
>>16975355
>Spiders and other insects appear to people who do DPH

I see spiders quite a lot during my hypnogogic episodes. Sometimes I see crawling things that lack description. There's always a definite insecty vibe going on though. I usually watch them until they disappear to make sure theyre not real insects I dont want near me while I sleep.

What I find astounding is how long hypnogogic hallucinations can last into when you become fully lucid again. Its weird to be fully lucid and still hallucinating.
>>
>>16975355
Shadow people makes sense to me under that assumption; they're simplistic. But the old hag has vivid, detailed form to her. Though I agree that she probably is just a product of the brain fucking itself, I find it interesting that it fucks up with that specific image so often.
>>
when i was LITTLE like REAL little
>going in my toy-box to find something sweet to play with
>blink my eyes, like people do, but being so young it was probably like my 300th time ever blinking
>see what i can now only describe as "the hag"
>aka a scary woman's face, maniacally laughing, wild hair waving
>finish blinking, freak out, tell parents
>"it's ok baby anon that's just your mind playing tricks on you, there is no scary lady"
>go on to live life with semi-frequent sleep-paralysis but never see anymore creepy figures
>>
Perhaps we see the hag because that story has been passed down through the ages, dating all the way back to Lilith? At this point, it's practically implanted in our DNA. It's a common tale that's been told around campfires and bedsides for thousands of years at this points. It's something we all share, even unconsciously.
>>
>>16976160
really? hows the tale go
>>
>>16970265
Watching this now.

For the most part, I think it is genuinely just the brain fucking them over, but there's one guy here who I think actually has some voodoo bullshit happening to him. The nerdy guy, who owned the comic book store, and had the experience with the shape-shifting shadow-man telling him he was going to die at the exact same time that a shadow cat was speaking in some fucking Aramaic or some shit to him in another girls night terror. That shit is something beyond, man.
>>
I've been paralyzed before in my sleep, but I've never had a figure or something attack me or look at me or anything. I get scared but only because I can't move.

What does it mean if I don't see anything? And if there was something, I never noticed It.
>>
>>16975337
Another /del/inquent? Rare, even though I'd expect a lot more on /x/. The entire documentary is basically describing one large collection of natural based DPH trips, I've seen all these things before many times, have had sleep paralysis a few times before I started using and comparing it is striking;y similar. The shit I've seen on DPH;
>faces coming in and out of darkness and shadows
>saw Slenderman before I knew what it was and before I came onto /x/ years back and freaked how exact it was to my hallucinations
>see grey alien heads peer out behind walls in my house
>shadow people, including hatman
>scorpions and spiders everywhere I fucking look, on me and in my bed sheets
>voices calling out my name all the time in whispers

That shit is intense, I've seen a few people breakdown and cry on trips before, this shit is still the most intense hallucinogenic I've taken and I've had my of fair share of drug use. Still the scariest shit I've taken.
>>
>>16974975
>>16975043
>>16975052
I feel sorry for you guys. I hope you get girlfriends to sleep with at least
>>
I suffer from parasomnia. Lots of nightmares and night terrors. I also have chronic insomnia.
That said, after a particular harsh round of 2 hour a night sleep for a week, I experienced sleep paralysis upon falling asleep. Scariest shit ever.
>>
>>16975043
>isn't necessarily scary unless you look him in the eyes. For some reason that's what fucking horrifies me the most, not the demonic faces and sounds he makes, just getting caught in his eyes that seem to be void of anything that's good?
This is exactly how my experience felt, but that was almost 20 years ago
>>
I used to get it a lot when I was little. The worst time was when I was 11 or 12. I was half under a blanket and could feel three "evil" things in my room. It was just a feeling of pure eveil that came from them and it made me feel a terror I can't describe. It was like they were looking for me but couldn't find me. I couldn't see them because my face was half under a blanket but they were walking around my room. One "felt" larger and was the leader. I remember one of the people in the documentary mentioning a trio and it gave me instant goosebumps.
>>
>>16972004
I've had the nut pain thing before many times. It usually happens in dreams where someone is trying to attack or fight with me and they grab my balls and squeeze as hard as possible and it really hurts like hell so bad that you usually wake up and can still feel the pain for a bit. Usually I can will my self out of sleep paralysis and wake myself up though i have had old hag and shadow man moments in the past.
>>
>>16972050
Funny you say this because I don't have vivid dreams like this when I go to bed fucked up. Its usually when I am sober or on certain otc medicine that shit like this happens.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.