[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Catholic Exorcism Rites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: rituale-romanum-exorcism-book.jpg (40KB, 500x381px) Image search: [Google]
rituale-romanum-exorcism-book.jpg
40KB, 500x381px
Greetings /x/philes.
I'm looking to get my hands on a PDF copy of the Ritulae Romanum (Latin or English, doesn't matter).
Anybody got links?
>>
>>16954062
Actually, any other exorcism rites would be terrific as well.
>>
>>16954062
Not real it's a ploy so they can touch little boys and girls
>>
>>16954087
dibbedy dib :DDD
>>
>>16954062
Are you a priest? If not, then performing the Catholic Rite of Exorcism isn't advisable.
>>
>>16954062
Here, I found an Islamic method of exorcism:
https://m.reddit.com/r/islam/comments/2p9rhh/how_to_perform_an_exorcism_removing_the_jinn_from/
>>
>>16954106
I'm not a priest, but I'm currently in the process of gaining a provision from the bishop.
It's mostly for archiving purposes anyway.
>>
>>16954143
Works for me.
>>
File: yuck.gif (1MB, 200x190px) Image search: [Google]
yuck.gif
1MB, 200x190px
>>16954143
>Islam
>>
>>16954062
sancta missa has the roman ritual in both English and Latin, BUT the section on exorcism is censored entirely.

OP, I'm going to be honest: Catholic belief about exorcism is that it's a rite performable under apostolic authority only. I.e. the actual "magic" of it comes from the apostolic gifts given by Christ to the apostles, who in turn passed it down to the bishops of the church.
unless you're expressly authorized by a bishop, performing a catholic exorcism is useless for you.
>>
>>16954349
Like I said before, it's mostly for archiving (I collect materials from as many fields as possible).
However, I'm seeking a non-ordination provision from my local bishop so that, should circumstances align where I'd need to undertake an exorcism, I've got the authority to perform one.
Hopefully it won't come to that, but stranger things have happened.
>>
>>16954358
Stranger things have happened? What could possibly be more strange than you having to perform an exorcism
>>
>>16954366
Figure of speech, in hindsight that could've been worded better.
>>
>>16954358
everything you say is dubious as fuck.
for one, why would your Bishop give you the right to perform exorcisms untrained?
secondly, the rite of exorcism would have you conferring blessings on others, which as laity, is something you are not permitted under canon law unless you're a deacon, priest or other ordained clergy.

either way, gimme some time, I'll see if I can't Google up the papist's rite of exorcism.
>>
>>16954358
alright, found one:

>http://www.ewtn.com/library/prayer/roman2.txt

Ctrl+f for "part xiii. exorcism"

again: don't do this shit unless you're an ordained priest with explicit authorisation from your bishop - if you read the general rules for exorcism and have a modicum of understanding about canon law, you'll see clearly why.
>>
>>16954371
I'll be honest, Catholicism hasn't been my area for a while.
However, there have been cases of permission granted to non-clergy members (notably a now-deceased member of my family) if they have sufficient experience working in the field against malevolent entities.
There's no denying that it sounds dubious, but from what I know such an exemption exists.
I may be wrong (we'll soon find out).
>>
>>16954379
Excellent, I'll give it a look.
>>
>>16954384
Citation needed
>>
>>16954389
As soon as I can get one that's not word-of-mouth, I'll provide it.
>>
>>16954402
I probably wont see it. Just when you do find it look up at the moon and think of me.
>>
>>16954384
>However, there have been cases of permission granted to non-clergy members (notably a now-deceased member of my family) if they have sufficient experience working in the field against malevolent entities

horse shit. exorcism has the officiant blessing with the sign of the cross and other blessings upon others. laity are only allowed to bless themselves and their subordinate family members (I.e. a father can bless his children).
additionally, the general rules for exorcism require a priest, the vestments require a priest's stole (sp. a purple one), and many other facts.

there is no way for a lay person to conduct a licit exorcism, and any bishop authorising it should be reported to his archbishop for operating against canon law as a rogue.

>Catholicism hasn't been my thing
you wouldn't be capable of an exorcism at all then, given that an exorcist needs to be well known for exceptional piety and observance of the Catholic faith. in addition, you'd need to do a confession and officiate a mass (another reason you as laity can't exorcise) before you undertake the exorcism.

being a good Catholic is prerequisite for performing a catholic exorcism.
>>
>>16954167
You are lying. If you were a priest you would know that such book is not for anyone's hands.
>>
>>16954200
In the meantime, educated muslims (who have nothing to do with fanatism) look at hysterical creationists and shake their head.

You know little.
>>
>>16955040
>educated muslims

lel none of them then.
>>
File: curious woman.jpg (33KB, 700x359px) Image search: [Google]
curious woman.jpg
33KB, 700x359px
>>16955040
>educated muslims
>>
>>16955040
>educated muslims
>>
>>16954552
>being a good Catholic is prerequisite for performing a catholic exorcism.

Well, being a good Christian is, there is some intermingling with Orthodox in the exorcism rites. But most of the people who call themselves Christians instead of Roman or Orthodox Catholics, at least in the U.S. aren't all that Christian, not by a long shot.
>>
>>16955040
Then they see a drawing of Mohammed and get blindly enraged. Educated muslims are still better than fundie Christians though.
>>
>>16954062
A bullshit book for bullshit stories.
>>
>>16956218
>stories

the Roman ritual is a textbook for how to perform the different rituals of the Catholic church. there aren't any stories in it.
>>
>>16956448
They were born from bullshit stories about demons. You retard.
>>
>>16956464
I think you're just a mad faggot. Go be a mad faggot somewhere else.
>>
>>16956471
How am I a mad faggot? Nigger, none of this shit exists. Don't blame me. Demons existed to explain away diseases. As time went on, the definition of demons changed. That should be enough evidence to prove to you that they're just bullshit stories.
>>
>>16956486
why are you on the paranormal board at all then?

you're just a mad faggot jumping in on shit that doesn't concern you.

topic is: dump exorcism manuals.

are you doing that, or are you changing the subject because you're a mad faggot?
>>
>>16956493
I think you're mad because none of this shit exists and you want for it to be real desperately. Projecting ass.
>>
>>16956500
I don't care whether it exists or not. What you're doing is the equivalent of going to /k/ and simply posting "guns r bad mkay". It's senseless and counter to being productive towards the topic.
>>
>>16954062
here have this:

>www.angelfire.com/ny4/djw/lutherantheology.demonpossession.html
>>
>>16956508
I just don't understand why people believe in this shit, that's all.
>>
>>16956518
Admitting you don't understand is the first step towards learning something of worth. Welcome to the fold, Brother Anon.
>>
>>16956758
I used to believe all this shit myself, I just expect people to be more rational than myself.
>>
File: 1447149133280.png (425KB, 1195x1151px) Image search: [Google]
1447149133280.png
425KB, 1195x1151px
>>16955040
You realize Islam has the highest rate of extremists of the world, right?

Also:

>educated muslims
>>
>>16955036
I'm fully aware.

To reiterate: it's mostly for archiving purposes

The likelihood of me actually attempting to expel something is almost zero.
>>
>>16956510
Cheers, I'll add it to the catalog.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.