[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who wants to ask a practicing pagan things?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1444409176764.gif (29KB, 619x517px) Image search: [Google]
1444409176764.gif
29KB, 619x517px
Who wants to ask a practicing pagan things?
>>
What idols do you worship and why? How do you use them to assist in magic, or do you practice magic? Why?

How long have you been doing what you are doing? What were you raised when you were young? When did you decide?
>>
>>16952241
^^^^^^^^
>>
>>16952241
I worship the gods Loki and Artemis because they in particular call to me. I feel a kinship with them. And, yes, info practice magic but if you saw it, it would more resemble prayer with extra steps than anything else. And, in fact, I do it for much the same reason Christians pray. They wish to change outcomes, express gratitude, receive comfort.
And I found the faith after I realized the Catholicism I was raised with didn't work for me.
>>
>>16952269

Are you white?
>>
>>16952269
Why didn't Catholicism work out for you? Aside from the church itself, as in, did it have anything to do with the beliefs, or the Oneness of God?

I know the way the church can take Catholicism in a way that isn't exactly Christian so if you want to discuss anything inauspicious about the church aspect you can.
>>
>>16952282
Partially. Has little to nothing to do with my faith though, desu.
>>
>>16952290
No idea why in the bloody hell mybphone thought I meant "desu"
Tbh*
>>
>>16952287
I was actually pretty young when I left the church. I'd had some doubts that I confessed to my sister, who then happily trotted off to her little bible study. She then came home, frothing at the mouth, telling me I was going to hell because I'd doubted her god.
And I was just like, nope, I want nothing to do with something that really makes people this terrible to their own blood. Just nah.
But, at the age I was then, it seemed unfair that god was a boy. Looking it it now, it just seems laughable. I mean, where did the idea for boobs come from? Boobs are devine, they had to have a devine inspiration.
>>
>>16952291
I think we all know why.
>>
>>16952308
So because people condemn you, you didn't go directly to the source and ask God? You know many Christian especially condemn people to hell without making the observation of the Self before hand?

Why did you choose Artemis and Loki?
>>
>>16952331
That's part of why I chose paganism. If I have questions, I go to the source. No priests who get to hand down the word of a diety. Because humans are flawed, I don't know why we would ever trust a mortal sorce for devine information.

And Loki and Artemis because they fit my personality well. I've built a relationship with them, taking inspiration from them, taking advice. They fit me and I believe they are happy for my devotion.
>>
>>16952376
What pantheon are they from?

Between a Catholic priest and a monotheistic Yogi, the yogi will have more information about the nature of God than the priest.
>>
>>16952415
Artemis (and her equivalent Diana) are Greek/Roman and Loki is Norse.
And as I grow up, I realize that.
>>
>>16952441
You know God allows the demigods to do things/some gifts granted by "demigods" is granted by God.

What makes you worship these gods? What do they do for you?
>>
>>16952233
Who on Earth would want that?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.