[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

captcha conspiracy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 14

File: Capture.jpg (57KB, 431x633px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
57KB, 431x633px
remember how captcha just started with word identification?
then if was used for commercial purposes by google to enhance google earth/maps

well here's one for you
google is using the captcha to systematically reverse engineer people, and developing is a a cyber weapon

captcha by it's nature learns what humans can do, and what bots can't
that means that captcha in its present form could function as a bot that would destroy all weaker systems, the most basic example is that it could break "decipher the word" systems including old versions of itself
if google stopped letting a country use it, it could then disable all open to the user web content
eg. google won't let china use captcha, then spams chinese facebook to death
captchas learning process means if it was stolen, the stolen version would be useless within a week
google could also do this covertly, by releasing bot programs one step behind their systems

not that is not much of a conspiracy theory, america has already demonstrated how it uses corporations as offensive tools, but here is the kicker

captcha used to be able to just decode words, now it can decode images, based on the patterns of billions of users is can generate reliable interpretations of images with colour, shape etc

there are other things captcha can measure, like the time it takes people to respond, the order of selection etc

what if captcha; having mastered visual interpretation was used as an automated guidance system, able to interpret it's surroundings in real time, not hard to imagine, probably already possible
what if it was rolled out on smart devices in a limited way, like on the google earth cameras
could over time it learn physics? the technical information is already available to it in mathematical format

facebook already has cutting edge facial recognition technology, could google cameras start tying people to addresses, map their patterns of movement?
cont.
>>
fuck i need some fucking weed
>>
we already know the "opt-out" features on google's tracking technologies don't actually stop google's data collection, it would not be a stretch to surmise google already is tracking peoples movements for advertising purposes

so to recap, the simple bot can now start to map the whole world environment in a dynamic time sensitive way
what if adds started showing based on the people predicted to be in the area at the time?
personalized adds on TV like they are on youtube

what if the technology was used to map the social interactions between people, facebook does this very well at t he moment, it's already a reality

so what if the captcha engine was used to start manipulating peoples social interaction based on where they were, who they were near, and what they saw?
in small ways we can already see this with social apps that are location based

could google not work out that "sally is wearing red today", and "mike will pass sally on the way to work" and show mike red images all day to he notices sally?
why would they do that you ask?
imagine sally was a politician, and it becomes clear

could google not observe points of social conflict through media, and manipulate followers of one side to attack the followers of another?

could the tech be used for mass social manipulation?
it already is in smaller ways because of advertising and marketing

could it be used to for instance, make sure a group of people never saw any religious material?
what about choosing which countries were exposed to nationalistic sentiment?

when civil wars are playing out on facebook in syria, could google not choose who won the war?

I see a future where automated systems learn about us faster than we can change, and ultimately control our lives
what if the users of such technology made their own interfaces prioritized to facilitate more efficient management
what if the system worked out that it worked better when they weren't watching it, and started showing them less and less
>>
>>16950759

That is what it is designed for.
>>
>>16950783

Weaponized synchronicity.
>>
>>16950809
So when can catch a 'convince' someone to commit suicide? There's your real cyber weapon.
>>
>>16950803
so what happens when it starts being used for political purposes, or violates moral codes?

>black people are not worth advertising to
>we will show them cheaper content because they are not worth the effort
>we will stop giving them access to educational material, because they are not consumers of products the educated like
>we will encourage productive people to marginalize them, we will socially isolate them, and encourage them to socially isolate themselves

that could happen without anyone even intending it to

>obama pays us a trillion dollars
>on the day of his speech, we will litter peoples airwaves with key worse he uses
this already happened in the super bowl, with covert marketing campaigns running months ahead of the overt adds
>>
>>16950828
>only whites see commercials promoting BM/WW
>>
File: 1446702105832.jpg (105KB, 465x660px) Image search: [Google]
1446702105832.jpg
105KB, 465x660px
>>16950836

/pol/ was right again
>>
>>16950836
if there was an indirect marketing basis, it is already happening

what if the gender marketing of the 1950 morphed, and it was considered more efficient to make one human gender
this could happen simply by removing masculine and feminine role models

what if it was discovered people with less friends purchased more?
if sales of online dating become more lucrative than the real world dating market?

the internet used to be for information research, but now it's social, informative, political, economic, and highly integrated

we would have used to talk about this in a real meeting room at some cafe or uni

what if we are getting shaddow-banned?
or our content is being hidden from the majority?
>>
>>16950855

It knows that we're onto it. Expect negative associations pushed on your well-being.
>>
File: Jew.png (339KB, 392x511px) Image search: [Google]
Jew.png
339KB, 392x511px
>>16950759
>>
>>16950864
hahha is that shoped?
>>
>>16950862
I'm going to get a wave of military recruitment propaganda, followed by a wave of conspiracy rubbish about lizards

if people listen to me then the "engine" will get me a following of people who discredit me by association
>>
File: 4941.png (441KB, 521x838px) Image search: [Google]
4941.png
441KB, 521x838px
The pre-blue ones were more blatant.
>>
File: 4943.png (401KB, 562x838px) Image search: [Google]
4943.png
401KB, 562x838px
>>16951048
>>
File: 4942.png (443KB, 541x838px) Image search: [Google]
4942.png
443KB, 541x838px
>>16951049
>>
File: cancere.jpg (4KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
cancere.jpg
4KB, 300x57px
Fun Fact: The Recapthcas log your IP, forever. You verify which post you made solving the recaptcha.

from google's reCaptcha forum:

reCAPTCHA collects the user's IP Address, correlates that with the site visited and stores it in logs indefinitely to ensure compliance with the terms of service. Although they say that they do not share that data, they have the right to do anything they wish with it.

reCAPTCHA leaves behind PREF, NID and SNID cookies with a six month life to keep track of preferences -

https://groups.google.com/forum/?_escaped_fragment_=topic/recaptcha/QkIGU2WiIcg#!topic/recaptcha/QkIGU2WiIcg
>>
File: occult.jpg (7KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
occult.jpg
7KB, 300x57px
From the small print on Google:

We collect device-specific information (such as your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers, and mobile network information including phone number). Google may associate your device identifiers or phone number with your Google Account.

When you use Google services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. We use various technologies to determine location, including IP address, GPS, and other sensors that may, for example, provide Google with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points and cell towers.

Certain services include a unique application number. This number and information about your installation (for example, the operating system type and application version number) may be sent to Google

https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/#infocollect
>>
>>16951051
bottom center ahaha
>"dad is that a ufo?"
>"Ali go inside and dig a home as deep as you can"
>>
>>16951066
>>16951071
speculation: confirmed

can 4chan survive without captcha? I remember when spam almost killed it
>>
>>16950759
forget street names, have you seen the ones that show a single picture divided up into a grid and ask you to pick out business names... faces... etc?
>>
>>16950759
>google is using the captcha to systematically reverse engineer people, and developing is a a cyber weapon

Close, but no Cigar.

Captcha is Googles A.I. We are teaching it. We can even prove it.

When a new object is added, say a kayak, you can choose any fucking pictures and it doesn't know you're wrong, so it's accepted. After a few days/weeks, after 100,000 people have showed it what a kayak looks like, it will reject the ones it knows aren't kayaks and ask you to "solve more" if it knows you haven't selected a kayak on the captcha.

It's obvious, and provable..
>>
People should have realized than they would use the captcha function for ai purposes the very moment they wanted us to identify pictures.

Everytime you post you support the program that will help the future AI perceive reality just as we do and program them perfectly.

Sorry anon, it is time to leave
>>
>>16951408
>>16951457
>Everytime you post

How many posts does 4chan handle a day? Must be millions, right?

Fuck! Now that is spoopy.
>>
>>16950828
I'd be very surprised if what you predicted here was not already happening. Market research exists for a reason.
>>
>16950828

Are you kidding? Do you know how many PCs/phones/tablets I've fixed because black people can't tell the difference between a pop-up ad and a fucking webpage?

>hurr yo dawg ma webz be gon aww fucked up yo

That's because you kept clicking on "Meet asian women now" you fucking twat.

>yo fo realz sheeet i thought dat shit wuz legit yo

No. Yo. Now pay me.
>>
>>16950759
I've been clicking tomatoes and lakes instead of street signs.

A couple things to note about Google CAPTCHA:
>you never need to click more than four images
If you see more than three matching images, you don't need to click all four. It'll let you post with two or three images selected, but four is never required. Letting you select four or more images allows the system to learn.
>if it requires "Multiple correct solutions" it means it's trying to learn from you
You can do multiple passes of selecting wrong images here. It'll take it all as a possible learning event so long as you fill in the fourth of fifth challenge correctly.
>Google uses "smart algorithms" to assemble challenges
I guess people noticed this awhile ago, but Google creates CAPTCHAs with content related to the communities filling them out. They're always looking for patterns above the patterns we see, so I can't say for sure that OP is insane or not.

Remember that this thing learns FROM US. We can teach it whatever we want it to "know."
>>
>>16952165
When a new object is added try clicking any old shit, it usually works.

I don't think we have much choice as to what we can teach it. That is solely in googles hands imo. Our input now is merely showing it what objects are, before it was teaching it to read. All we can do is hope they use it wisely.

If it starts using advertising logos, or starts using pictures of people then we should worry. If it starts using spoopy images then we're fucked.
>>
>>16951243
i see potential in this

>1. captcha
>search this face

>2. captcha
>subliminal "kill" message
>>
>>16951408
but what I'm saying is that captcha could work both ways

we teach it, but at the same time it learns about us
over time it will learn not only what we are capable of, and how to do what we do, but also what we can't do, and how to outmaneuver us

it's inevitable
when the AI start approaching near-human abilities, to defeat other AI it will have to give tests that machines solve but people cannot, for instance if a captcha is filled out in under a second captcha presumes a bot filled it out

such a tool would quickly become a threat to our lives
>>
>>16951479
one for EVERY POST
so we may provide more in a day than facebook, youtube, and other major sited with billions of users
>>
>>16951489
what I'm saying isn't a far flung conspiracy, much of what I'm saying is already happening or has happened

it's only when you see it all together as a complex system does it's future direction become apparent

I'm not sure what we can do to fight such systems developing, because honestly they will make so much money when hey are complete that we won't stand a chance

>>16951505
it's a hypothetical, a simple example of how targeted marketing and social engineering could break moral codes unintentionally

what if hai dye companies decided they made more money from blondes than brunettes, and stopped showing brunettes to try and push them out of the gene pool

such effects would be subtle, and many would balance each other out
but over time the effect would compound, and the effects would be insidious
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_DeepMind

the more I look into this the more I find my predictions are already a reality

deepmind was a cutting edge AI system bought by google, the made it a condition that google establish an AI ethics board
>>
More reCapthca info here: >>16953285
>>
It knows our names, locations, movements, likes and dislikes, browsing habits, friends, fears etc through our metadata. It has a record of every post and google search you've ever made, and every site you've visited in the past few years. It knows where you go, where you live, who you talk to. It's probably recording calls and texts.

It's building a profile for every person on the planet.. and then learning from it.
>>
>mfw 4chan turns googles' AI into a trap-loving anti-muslim retard that hates reddit and calls everyone a faggot
>>
File: !!34271.jpg (93KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
!!34271.jpg
93KB, 800x800px
>>16953352

>mfw 4chan turns googles' AI into a trap-loving anti-muslim retard that hates reddit and calls everyone a faggot

Uh-oh. What if the AI is intensely successful at turning anyone that visits 4chan into that? There's more than a little evidence...

brb doorbell
>>
>>16951126

Enforce r9k engine
>>
>>16950759

*advertisment*
>>
>>16953369
that....that would actually probably work
I have never even bothered working out how to post on r9k, because nothing of value
>>
>>16951243
Haven't seen that. It seems to want me to pick out all the street signs.
>>
>>16952192
Technically this is irresponsible on Google's part because it means their CAPTCHA isn't a real CAPTCHA system at all; spammer can spam every time a new object is added.

If Google's crowdsourcing AI, the people have a right to know exactly when, where and how it's doing it. We need the right to not create a soul that's tortured by consensus.
>>
If this is work of the Illuminati, then they're some lazy motherfuckers. The last two Captchas I did required me to check off images that weren't even what they were fucking asking for.
>>
>>16953064
>I'm not sure what we can do to fight such systems
>they will make so much money
>when hey are complete
>won't stand a chance

I'm not going to bother telling you how this works. I don't care what you do so long as you don't form a cult. I'm going to tell you how circular logic works.

I'm not going to explain circular logic either. I'll just point out that economics is a massive circular argument. I'm telling you this because I trust that you aren't retarded.

Run all economic reasoning in reverse.

Now you can stop their development.
>>
>>16953364
Systems of people aren't AI. They are AI-like processes.
>>
>>16954289
you could have just said "don't provide the economic imperative for the development of such a system"

I figure that's what you mean
the problem is that on an individual level i can only take very limited action, and my ability to influence others is dwarfed by that of the corporations with vested interest.

these systems benefit every producer of goods by degrees, a massive chunk of the tech industry, political groups etc etc

how do you make a stand against that, would you come at it sideways as a drive for consumer rights or corporate transparency?
such efforts have already proved largely fruitless
>>
>>16950759
Fucks sake you're an idiot. Anyone who can't tell captcha is for helping develop an AI that can recognize objects and other things such as different types of cars etc is a fucking moron
>>
>>16954490
you take it for granted that everyone can figure this out

and I think you also take for granted the threat that these systems could pose in the future
like I said, captcha is doing much more than working out what objects are
>>
I haven't had to solve a captcha for a day now, anyone else?

!!!reCaptcha expired the moment I typed the above sentence. Had to select street signs...
>>
Well I definitely know one thing for sure.

Captcha image reminds me when I am hungry and will not let me forget

>Captcha Orange
>food
>pizza
>pancakes
>drinks
>pasta
>food
>food
>food

Fuck I got to go eat breakfast
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqnXp6Saa8Y
>>
>>16954494
Okay, listen.

AI can think. So can people. People are better at it by a very, VERY wide margin. Thought is not the threat here. A fully functioning autonomous AI isn't the threat here. The REAL threat comes not from thought, but from /limitless thinking/. This is quite literally the entire premise of the film "Limitless."

The one taking the threat for granted here is you. You take it as a fact that ANY and ALL AI will somehow magically obtain the ability to not just rewrite their programming, but to consciously direct the course of their future programming.

If you'd actually put yourself in the shoes of the AI you're so worried about, you'd instantly anthropomorphize a very, very specific emotion to the idea of /modifying your own source code/.

Any AI that isn't deeply afraid of doing it is insane by AI standard. Having your brain literally fucking HALT for indiscriminate periods of time is far from a healthy way to live.
>>
>>16955440
no, I think it would be a special kind of AI system that could pose these kind of risks
and it's not "computers becoming more intelligent that people" that i'm so worried about

the common elements would be
>ability to re-write it's own parameters or rules
>ability to gather information autonomously
>direct competition with humans
>ability it unilaterally interact with other computer systems

problems that already exist would be:
deflating the price of gold on the stock exchange makes a net profit, putting miners out of work is not a value
this is a risk borne from giving AI singular objectives

stopping shops receiving goods boosts online sales, I will stop shops receiving goods by shutting down trucking companies, massive unemployment is not my problem
this is a problem bourne from not giving an AI access to long term consequences of it's action

because it would learn by trial and error, it might learn "turning off the lights saves power" before it learns "people need the lights to see"
a very basic system could make this mistake if it was not coded specifically not to, and a computer that could self-re-write could decided for instance that critical system power was more important that lighting on the basis that it could turn the lights back on later, but not itself

or "faking what the pressure dials say causes the people to give me more power"

"hacking the water meter outside reduces costs"

what seems like a sci-fi concept is actually only a single step away, and would happen naturally
>>
File: 1445432313244.png (2MB, 1280x1149px) Image search: [Google]
1445432313244.png
2MB, 1280x1149px
>tfw Google will turn out to be the real-life SkyNet Corp
>>
>>16950855

this type of thing has already been going on though, for a longggggggg time. I'm surprised that more people claim to have been unaware, it is not new information. "your" thoughts are not "your" thoughts, you are being manipulated on so many different platforms.
>>
>>16950759

go watch century of self =) this type of thing has been going on forever. what you believe to be your own beliefs and thoughts and opinions are not necessarily your own, you've been brainwashed. we've all been brainwashed. that's life, good luck getting around it.

OF COURSE technology is going to be used in such a fashion as well, especially as now it's in most everyone's home in some form or another. the times they are a changin' so methods of manipulation will evolve too, just as everything else.
>>
The truth is that we are in a race against time. Our enemy isn't any bad actor or malevolent organization, but human stupidity, the oldest enemy of all.

As the internet grows in power, not only the potential of knowledge to aid grows, but also the power of stupidity as well. As the power of and access to technology grows, the ability of stupidity to destroy does as well; the world would only last a few seconds if everyone had a "destroy the world" button. Consider possibilities between this extreme and current reality, and you can see the problem.

The current state of humanity and societies has nothing to do with "the elite," the illuminati, or any similars. Mass ignorance is the true ruler, the scary reality is that nobody is "at the wheel."

Every time you blame some secretive group that may actually be trying to help and doesn't give a damn about ideology nor power games, you worsen the problem. You are furthering the conditions for witch-hunts and riots. Your paranoia has become an addition, you receive pleasure every time you think to yourself "Aha! It's _them!_" as a result of some half-baked theory.
>>
>>16958238
>Every time you blame some secretive group that may actually be trying to help
The road to hell is paved with good intentions, right? Any secretive group "trying to help" is inherently bad and should be destroyed.
>>
Tyт ecть peклaмa a нa двaщe нeт фy лoхи я yшeл
>>
>>16958163
well I for one just realized, and I think I'm still in the faster half of the community
>>
>>16950759
Just buy a 4chan pass.
Problem solved.
>>
>>16958307
you just loose them if you get b&d don't you?
>>
You'd think the AI would know what the fuck a street sign looks like by now.
>>
>>16958357
.....Don't do shit to get banned, you wont have to worry about it.
>>
>>16958749
You would think a human would figure out what a fucking looks like by now
>>
>>16953400
The original r9k bot was planned for an IRC channel, to encourage real conversations between regulars, instead of shitty spam by newbies.
How to post? Just write a post that has a point to it. If you have a point you want to convey, you'll write it freely, without thinking too much about the wording, and it'll be a unique post.
>>
File: 1433081896001.jpg (48KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1433081896001.jpg
48KB, 800x800px
>>16950772
I just smoked one, and this still looks idiotic.
>>
File: captcha.png (17KB, 306x268px) Image search: [Google]
captcha.png
17KB, 306x268px
>>16950759
4chan's settings allow the use of old reCAPTCHA in the quick reply box. You get simple house numbers which you can skip, the good ol' two words that you can put "nigger" into one of them, and the best CAPTCHA of all: a street sign with a quadrangular outline, for which you can simply enter "nigger" and it accepts it no questions asked.
You're welcome.
>>
>>16950759
my thery is that the google dream simulator thing which converts images is somehow improved by the captcha. Like, the captcha is its way to learn to identify stuff.
idk though, but it seems plausible to me
>>
Why would they need to do that? They all ready got nanobots inside of us
>>
>>16959367
>
>>
>>16959471
oh, that bot

I thought you meant the fortune checker
>>
File: Untitled.png (231KB, 391x300px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
231KB, 391x300px
>cptcha is street names
>mfw my street is on there and recognize the palm tree covering part of the sign
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.