[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Enlightenment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: permission.jpg (831KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
permission.jpg
831KB, 2560x1600px
To understand the value of enlightenment, one must understand the difference between knowledge and experience.

Knowledge is that which, when possessed, gives its bearer a sense of justification.
Experience is that which, when possessed, gives its bearer a sense of living.

One can have all the knowledge in the world, but no friend to share it with. A group of friends can have all the knowledge in the world, but no resources to apply it. An economy can have all the knowledge in the world, but no drive to apply it well. A politician can have all the knowledge in the world, a nation of friends to share it, an economy to back it and the wisdom to know the difference, but not the principles to act on that knowledge for the good of all.

What, then, makes knowledge valuable?

What if one could have all the experiences in the world? Would knowledge matter?

To be enlightened requires neither knowledge nor loss of knowledge; it is simply a way of living with the understanding that knowledge is not an experience. One need not change their way of life to become enlightened, but merely recognize that it can.

It is not that we are infinite, but that in this moment we can be.

If we so choose.
>>
I will falter, I will fail. I will fill myself with doubt.
I can not, I can never, I will never see it through.
I forgot what I was doing because I didn't care.
I forgot to tell you because I was never there.
I was watching life pass by while I slumbered inept.
I wish I would wake and wonder why I ever slept.

I can be an idiot if I so choose to be, and the best part is that nobody can ever stop my me.

What is an ego if not that which blames itself and clings to the regrets its made for itself with all the decisions that could have been made better?

You are not your fears, doubts, regrets, or hesitations but that you have yet to let them go.

Most people aren't ready to wake up. Most people can't handle a life assessment. Most people live in fear of something that isn't out to get them. Most.

Not all.
>>
>>16944032
>I will falter, I will fail. I will fill myself with doubt.
I can not, I can never, I will never see it through.
I forgot what I was doing because I didn't care.
I forgot to tell you because I was never there.
I was watching life pass by while I slumbered inept.
I wish I would wake and wonder why I ever slept.

Source?
>>
>>16944048
Honestly I just wrote it.
>>
>>16944060
Interesting. I could swear I saw similar thing long ago.
What books do you read?
>>
>>16944064
I literally can't remember the last book I read.

A couple years ago I realized that books can only contain things that others have thought about and I don't really need help coming up with new ideas. It was a long time ago that anything felt entirely new to me and I guess I feel like reading an entire book for the sake of two or three novel thoughts doesn't really appeal to me anymore.
>>
>>16944137
I understand that feeling.
Of course that cannot be said for , for example, books on natural sciences unless you wanted to re-discover things for yourself which could be difficult having in mind our shot life and that we needed thousands of years to have all of these information today.

As for finding yourself I believe no book can help in that. It solely falls on every individual to do it for himself from within.
>>
>>16944159
It really only took two or three centuries. Most of history was just humanity overcoming superstition, and we haven't really done it yet even today. Natural science hasn't killed off superstition yet so I can't really consider it all that valuable. Even with theoretical physics, the presentations on quantum mechanics sound like mere echoes of philosophy:
>Does the world exist when I'm not looking at it?

I'd honestly rather rediscover the natural sciences myself than rely on centuries of misunderstanding categories. I was watching this great documentary on Netflix called The Physics of Light and the last two episodes completely ruined it for me because it devolved into incomprehensible quantum surrealism rather than actually explaining science like the first four episode did. As far as I remember the last bit of actual science they discussed was Bohr's hypothesis about why electrons don't fall to the charged nucleus. It almost seems like the only thing Bohr passed on to Heisenberg was pretense of understanding rather than any actual knowledge.

My favorite part of the documentary was how it laid out all the events that led up to each discovery. It's Korean so the language is kinda wonky, but it's a pretty great presentation.
>>
>>16944246
Thanks for recommendation , I will look into that documentary.
>>
Bump for enlightenment.
>>
I am that which must feed itself in order to survive.
>>
>>16944001
>Would knowledge matter?
Yes. In fact it matters more than ever when you're done having experiences.
>>
>>16944001
>ENLIGHTENMENT DOESNT EXIST

>How has no one realised this?
>>
>>16947087
People are really bad at doesn't exist.
>>
>>16947087
Heh, nice.
>>
>>16947087
Enlightenment is just the acceptance of our small fragile place in the world, and the knowledge that most if not all of our suffering comes from our sense of entitlement and the belief we're special.

Sure, life sucks and everybody is going to die; but if we accept that and try to do the best we can regardless of bullshit temper-tantrum butthurt the majority of people have, I'd be more than willing to call those patient, calm, and accepting people enlightened.

TL;DR
Enlightenment isn't magical, it's personal. It's not about status or godliness, it's about peace and fucking quiet.
>>
>>16949026
This. This so much. This is everything I've wanted to hear since I started making these threads.

/thread
>>
I feel that all worth saying had been said ITT.

Time to start spreading enlightened wisdom.

Awake to a whole 'nother level of shitposting.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.