[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ben Carson is /x/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 3

File: grain holders.jpg (440KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
grain holders.jpg
440KB, 1600x1200px
"My own personal theory is that Joseph built the pyramids to store grain," Carson said. "Now all the archeologists think that they were made for the pharaohs' graves. But, you know, it would have to be something awfully big if you stop and think about it. And I don't think it'd just disappear over the course of time to store that much grain."

In the same speech, he went on to say, "[W]hen you look at the way that the pyramids are made, with many chambers that are hermetically sealed, they'd have to be that way for various reasons. And various of scientists have said, 'Well, you know there were alien beings that came down and they have special knowledge and that's how--' you know, it doesn't require an alien being when God is with you."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ben-carsons-unusual-theory-about-pyramids/
>>
This guy is a brain surgeon...
>>
>>16936026
Yes, not an historian or archaeologist.
>>
>>16936026
although it's a complicated one, medicine is largely a practical trade that at it's core is no different in principal than carpentry, locksmithing or IT work.

His field is one of the artes mechanicae, not one of the artes liberales...he thinks no differently than a tanner or a blacksmith in his field, regardless of how much more complex it may be.

At work, all he must ask is "how shall I cut this man?" or "what sort of cuts need I make considering this man's symptoms?". He doesn't have to ask far-reaching questions.
>>
>>16936049

Sometimes the best discoveries re: history and archaeology have been made by people outside of the respective fields.
>>
>>16936066
>comparing a brain surgeon to a carpenter
No.
>>
>>16936958
>forgetting that literally the most influential figure in all of history was a carpenter
>>
>>16936978
> my nigga
>>
File: 3.png (12KB, 668x440px) Image search: [Google]
3.png
12KB, 668x440px
This idiot scans /pol/ for stuff that is vaguely /x/ then runs over here and posts it...
>>
>>16936026
>This guy is a brain surgeon...

Yes, and that's why you never go to a black doctor. You don't want the person operating on your brain to be an Affirmative Action hire.
>>
>>16937212
Kek
>>
>>16936978
you're suggesting that jesus is the most influential figure in all of history? what about tesla? what about socrates? if you wanna go religious, moses? these people all influenced humankind beyond measure. that is if jesus or moses were even real.
>>
>>16935311
How does that even make sense? the pyriamids must have been way too expensive, and with too little storage capacity compared to external volume to make sense.
>>
>>16937849
There's no way Tesla in more influential in history than Jesus. Socrates and Moses maybe, but not fucking Tesla.
>>
>>16937212
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHSHAHSHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>16937849
>suggesting that random notable historical figures are at the same caliber of anthropological significance as Jesus Christ
>"that is if jesus or moses were even real"

This is why we don't come to /x/ to argue history or archaeology...
First of all, please don't say any of those things to anyone who possesses any kind of actual historical education or half a brain. You may get stoned to death.

Basically every fucking historian with any amount of self respect recognizes that Moses and Jesus were actual people who actually existed at some point, as well as most figures from the Bible. Its not wise to run off believing everything you hear from low budget documentaries you find in the annals of a cheap tibetan internet picture board.

And yes whether youre religious or not Jesus was the most influential person in history. Christianity is by far the largest religion in the world and has dominated or influenced nearly every topic in history since it came into prominence. With just Moses and no Jesus all we'd have is jews and muslims not christians. The only fucking reason you know its 2015 is cause its been 2,015 years since some carpenter named Jesus was crucified somewhere in the middle east.
>>
Probably orgone generators drawing souls from all around the universe and creating life so it can be used as food.
>>
>>16937986

Interesting fact: Jesus was originally named ישוע, which translates to Yeshua but was mistranslated to Yesus. Jesus's name was Joshua.
>>
>>16935311
I don't understand why people are shit talking Carson for saying this. Who cares? Why couldn't they be used to store grain? Archaeologists are a bunch of glorified toddlers digging on playgrounds. Fuck them
>>
>>16938108

Heiroglyphics marking the pyramids as tombs. Bodies that were found entombed in the pyramids. Impracticality of the pyramid being used to store the grains since pyramids were not just one large hollow thing.
>>
>>16937212
If you only knew. Carson is a legend in his field.
>>
>>16938121
He's claiming that there are areas within the pyramids that were ideal for storing grain.
>>
File: 1432506117676.jpg (70KB, 1102x635px) Image search: [Google]
1432506117676.jpg
70KB, 1102x635px
>>16937986

>every fucking historian with any amount of self respect recognizes that Moses and Jesus were actual people who actually existed at some point

No they don't
>>
Carson successfully separated conjoined twins, and also created his own method of stopping brain seizures, and graduated Yale.

I always see fat autists who haven't even finished a bachelor's degree, or moved out of their parents house, calling Dr. Ben Carson "stupid". I can't tell if they're just being ironic or if they're actually that sheltered/ignorant/arrogant
>>
>>16938143

I do not like Ben Carson, but I don't believe he is stupid. I believe he has some unpopular and incorrect beliefs. But even though some of his ideas like this are incorrect, he seems to have a rational reason for believing them.

td;lr I don't like him but he's not stupid, just incorrect on certain points.
>>
>>16938098
Josh Christ
>>
>>16938108
archaeologists are doctors and historians who have been studying the pyramids for centuries.

ben carson has a bible and a high school text book.
>>
>>16938139
Yea, Yea they do
>>
>>16938228

Name five.

inb4 they all cite that one Joshephus Flavius passage, which, an ACTUAL fucking historian with any amount of self respect would tell is a later addition.

Even St. Paul is unaware of the virgin mother, and ignorant of Jesus’ nativity, parentage, life events, ministry, miracles, apostles, betrayal, trial and harrowing passion. Paul knows neither where nor when Jesus lived, and considers the crucifixion metaphorical.

Jesus is a Roman syncretic adaptation of the Solar Hero myth, invented as propaganda to pacify the masses.
>>
>>16938529
Why do I even go on this board...

Name /one/ respectable historian who doesn't recognize the existence of the people described in the Bible.

>Even St. Paul is unaware...

Stop thyself right there. At least not until you tell me where you're getting this shit from cause it's utterly hilarious. "The guy who wrote most of the New Testament actually just went through countless imprisonment and other punishment for shits and giggles cus u kno he ashually doesn't believe Jesus was a person kek"

Suggesting that some obscure theory with no backing from any prominent scientific or historical sources is factual just cause it seems kool and bizarre to you doesn't make it so.

You're proposing that centuries worth of physical archaeological evidence (relics, cross checked locations, eye witness and written accounts, all the fucking records the Romans carefully kept as well as records from other groups during the time) all backed up by /actual/ scholars throughout hundreds of years who've devoted their life to studying this (as opposed to you who's devoted a couple hours reading shitty wikipedia articles at best)...is all bunk?

This couldn't possibly git any gudder
>>
The sphinx predates Thoth and joseph. /thread
>>
>>16937849
>that is if jesus or moses were even real.
historical jesus the sect leader is confirmed by roman sources.
>>
>>16936026
Just because someone can do something difficult, doesn't make him an expert at something else as well.
>>
>>16939099
bruh

lemme stop you right there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXQxx_s1Kbc
>>
>>16935311
Ok, before this thread goes any further into religious debate parroting, ill just say this.
Carson is smart in his field and have a great mind. He's really good at what he does, but Lord help us, he's a bible thumper, and his political "face" is just being an anti-conformist conservative.
"Look at me, taking a stand on political correctness"
"Look at me, inflating historical narrative with the story of Joseph, despite the fact that we know they were made as a show of power, and the piramids are built centuries apart. And the chambers are small anyway."

If there's one thing i hate, it's people who believe being good at something makes you an expert in every field.
>>
>>16937849

>Tesla is as or more influential than Jesus

I'll take "shit I'll only hear on /x/" for 500
>>
>>16937212
SNAP!
>>
>>16938129

We know that. He's is still hysterically wrong.

About everything.
>>
if trumpie gets stumpied imma vote for benny carson :D
>>
>>16935311
/x/ finally got its meme magic off the ground. It's a pretty bad job but it's a start.
>>
>>16935311
>Pyramids
>store grain

I wonder if he played Civilization II-III.
>>
>>16937986
>The only fucking reason you know its 2015 is cause its been 2,015 years since some carpenter named Jesus was crucified somewhere in the middle east.
You say that like it matters what calender we follow.
>>
>>16937849
moses didn't exist, tesla didn't influence shit and socrates influenced less than jesus, cheers.
>>
>>16942868
Socrates inspired many of the schools of philosophy after him, including the Cynics.
Jesus in the new testament is depicted as being very similar to the Cynic philosophers.
Some of the actions Jesus takes when explaining things, and even some of the particular stories are ripped off from earlier stories about Socrates and other philosophers.
Some of the earliest communications we have among Christian groups discussing their being mistaken for Cynic philosophers.

Socrates > Jesus
>>
>>16938098

DAMN HEEBS LIE ABOUT EVERYTHING EVEN JOSHUA
>>
>>16939099
Cult leaders today are frequently imprisoned and often die for their beliefs.

Does this mean that Joseph Smith was a true prophet of Yahweh and that the events and characters depicted in the Book of Mormon, and the Book of Abraham should be considered real?
>>
>>16938143

Have you seen an OLSAT or SAT? You really think intelligence is a single thing? Are you trolling or really arrogant and stupid? I can't tell.
>>
>>16938224

appeal to authority takes many forms. i'm not choosing a side, but you're not making a solid argument.
>>
>>16938143

WHEN YOU'RE ON TV BECAUSE YOU HAVE TALENT YOU LET US KNOW OK JUST MAKE SURE TO POST A THREAD ABOUT IT
>>
>>16940630
Nah, probably not. Its a misconception that's long been held by the religious.
>>
>>16942994
>taking one example from an argument out of context to make a senseless broad general statement

For a moment I thought I'd escaped 4chan thanks for reminded me otherwise
>>
>>16935311
>Ben Carson is /x/
So Ben Carson is an idiot. Thanks for clearing that up anon
>>
>>16942980
Would you mind kindly explaining to me how a simple random carpenter living in the middle east long after Socrates, somehow managed to educate himself on Socratic philosophy?

It's possible to draw parallels between them. But there's no way Socrates influenced Jesus Christ.

TIME magazine placed both Socrates and Jesus on their list of most influential figures of all time.

Jesus was at the top of that list. Above Socrates.

TIME > You
>>
>>16942370
Oh. Ok.

If that's the case then how about from now on whenever you have to date an assignment or memo at work write out whatever fucking number you want and send it to your boss then report how that turns out. Same thing next time you pay your bills, file taxes, write checks and bank statements, or try to do literally fucking anything.

The point is that the calendar the modern world uses and has been using was inspired by Jesus Christ. The only way you know what day it is is cause of Jesus Christ. And that's for a reason. He changed history unlike any other single figure.
>>
>>16943353
Fine, I'll address more of your arguments.

Just because there are Christian relics doesn't mean that Jesus as depicted in the new testament of the bible was an actual historical figure any more than Hellenistic relics prove that Hercules as depicted in his myths existed. In fact, most scholars agree that almost everything that Jesus is depicted to do or say within the Gospels is not likely to be historically accurate too much of it can be shown to be quotes or material from other sources, or is based on stories about other gods with the clear editorial intent being to depict Jesus's superiority to other gods.

We know that there were major early Christians sects like the Gnostics who didn't believe in Jesus outside of a heavenly existence, and the Marcionites who believed that Jesus had appeared on earth in the guise of a human, but was not born and didn't really die. Docetism was a major tenent of many Christian sects for centuries before it was wiped out in favor of Nicean Christianity. There are really only two possibilities left, either there was a historical Jesus but he was so unlike his cults divine version of him that some sects dropped the historical character to avoid embarrassment, or Jesus is a mythic hero who never actually existed created as a perfect template to be emulated.

The fact that Christians died for their beliefs really doesn't prove anything. People of all faiths of philosophies have proven themselves willing to die for what they believe in.
>>
>>16939099

> eye witness and written accounts, all the fucking records the Romans carefully kept as well as records from other groups during the time

NONE, i mean not a single one of them is first hand. "Roman records", we're reffering to a SINGLE passage in Flavius here, right?

It's funny how you appeal to scientific history in very broad statements, when the actual recognized evidence says very little about Historical Jesus' existence.

I'm a Russian Orthodox, btw.
>>
Just read that the great pyramid of giza remains a steady 68 degrees year round, due to air ducts. However other pyramids get to temperatures over 100 degrees, inside, which is not good for grain, i assume.
>>
>>16939144
chekd

dubs dont lie. the sphinx is from the age of leo, do the math, its well before documented history.
>>
>>16935311
>1% of the pyramids are empty space
>used to store stuff
>>
>>16936026
he is also an idiot savant who wishes he was a badass.
>>
>>16937211
this is mainstream news you stupid fuck
>>
>>16936026
Terrifying
>>
>>16943776
Cyka
>>
>>16944533
[citation needed]
>>
>>16935311
Worship Jesus or we'll kill you.
>>
>>16935311

Carson are you here?
>>
gfdgdfgdfsg
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.