[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 9

File: chakras.jpg (1MB, 2406x2905px) Image search: [Google]
chakras.jpg
1MB, 2406x2905px
Okay here'so my story.
I was meditating the other day, and for the first time in my life I felt this amazing feeling.
After a good amount of time just focusing on the sensation of my breath and slowing my thoughts, I drifted into weird state where I could feel my body vibrating(?), and my limbs felt somewhat numb.
My vision with my eyes closed turned from dark to a very light bluish white and surrounded my entire sight.
After only being able to maintain this for about 10 seconds I opened my eyes, and my heart was beating real fast, and I felt this amazing rush all throughout my body.
I had never experienced anything like this before, I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience?
>>
Yeah it's pretty common, I'm no expert but I think it is your mind becoming aware of your mind, or something like that.
According to Timothy Leary's 8 circuit model at least., this would be activating your 5th circuit.
>>
>>16933619

You opened your Vishuddha. Take this opportunity to reap the benefits of opening your communication-based chakra.
>>
>>16933619
It's that rush that made me start meditating on a daily basis.
>>
>>16933619
HAH! Anecdotal evidence of Chakra's.
>>
>>16933619
pretty much par for the course. If you'd like more experiences along a similar vein without having to get to dogmatic may I recommend getting a copy of lazy man's guide to relation by isreal reagardie. If that's to far out there for you, mindfulness in plain English is very approachable, though mindfulness tends to lead away from such experiences, not towards them. If you want something a bit more counter culture, Zen without zen masters is a good read.
>>
>>16933619
Weird mate
>>
>>16936137
As much as the phenomenon of something falling is evidence of phantom gnomes pulling stuff towards Earth.
>>
>>16933619
Similar experience here, OP.
It took me longer than most to start seeing results through meditation. I would regularly get distracted or just flat-out give up after about ten minutes because I felt it wasn't going anywhere, but once I started being able to train my mind correctly, the practice became more and more meaningful. I remember the euphoric rush that came over me, similar to what you have described happening about a year into my meditation practices. Until then I just thought of chakras as a visualization technique and not so much as a real spiritual part of myself. You are simply fully opening your chakras during your meditations is all. Keep at it, it's a good thing.
>>
>>16936165
Also we can test this in a place where gnomes can't really do shit. So your argument is invalid.
>>
>>16936182
But can you? How the hell can you test for gnomes not pulling down to earth?
>>
>>16936227Perform the experiment in a gnome-proof environment of course!
>>
>>16936182
In such situations, they just don't feel like it. Checkmate, agnomists.
>>
What's a good starting place for somebody considering taking up meditation?
>>
Research Samadhi, in Hindu texts. Or read this:
http://www.beezone.com/Ramana/tripura%20rahasya.pdf
>>
I've been meditating for 5 years and the best I ever felt was that moment if relaxation right before you fall alseep
>>
>>16936289
Guided meditations on youtube were quite helpful for me as a beginner.
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheHonestGuys
These guys proved pretty good.
Idealy you want to get to a point where you don't need guidance and can get into a meditative state on your own, but due to the ever-wandering and easily distracted nature of the human mind, these are a great training tool.
>>
>>16936372
That's all enlightenment is, just fucking chilling out for once.
>>
>>16936289

Breath counting (1-5, count each outbreath), diaphragmic breathing, posture

https://zmm.mro.org/teachings/meditation-instructions/
>>
>>16936503
I never liked doing the hands below the bellybutton positions, thumbs always felt weird and distracted me.
>>
>>16936434

Nah..many end up in the astral world talking to entities...
>>
>>16936509

It takes practice to relax into it, I always found it a good pointer or ones state of mind. Not everyone is built the same however, so you can put a small cushion underneath your hands if you want, it's quite common even in strict monasteries.
>>
>>16933619
that's your body getting used to the energy's around you. When you feel it getting REALLY heavy I mean, making your heart beat and all that, thats when you are energzing your astral body aka ALMOST astral projecting.

Keep doing what your doing and you'll explode out of your body and feel all that energy finally being put to use.
>>
>>16936434
no infinite bliss is enlightenment. In the past 10min I surged bliss through me 4 times while watching tv.
>>
Yes, I've achieved this not via meditation. It sounds like you're at the cusp of enlightenment. You will know you reached it when you cannot go back to sleep (figuratively speaking of course). You will see the inherent oneness of all matter and its inherent harmonic nature. Keep up the good work, broskie. And remember that meditation is inactive action. You have to take those moments of solace with meditation and use them to combat your conflicts and unite your conscious and unconscious.
>>
File: Untitled.png (136KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
136KB, 800x600px
Do people who meditate see things like this pic?

I don't meditate and i know nothing about the subject, but whenever i lie down, close my eyes and stop thinking for a while I always see this swirling vortex tube of dark purple and green.

I noticed this for a long time, but i never really paid any attention to it. It kind of freaked me out actually. One time i decided to focus on this thing for about an hour, and i thought i saw a small black opening in the middle getting bigger, coming towards me. In that blackness i started seeing small white dots of light that looked like stars. This was freaky and it made my heart start beating really fast so i immediately sat up.

Any anons know what this shit I'm seeing is?

Something maybe worth mentioning: whenever i try to sleep i start seeing that vortex, but instead of that dark opening I start briefly seeing/imagining various images (e.g. a snowy mountain top, my computer desktop etc) right before i fall sleep. I usually fall asleep in less than 10 minutes, so i'm thinking this is just a weird dream like state between my consciousness and unconsciousness or something.
>>
>>16933619
stop leading this guy astray! What you're experiencing is called shin jangs. You're not close to enlightenment because that has nothing to do with a physical feeling. Read "GOM - A Course in Meditation" by Gelek Rimponche (http://www.amazon.com/GOM-Course-Meditation-Gelek-Rimpoche/dp/1934994022) I follow him out here in Ann Arbor, MI.

Don't put too in those physical feelings. Appreciate them but they are not the point. Just a pleasant side effect.
>>
>>16938140
idk but today i meditated and saw the void spot. and the other day (with eyes closed) the patterns in the eyelid formed a scorpion?? spooky.
>>
>>16938140

you are literally seeing the back of your eye, or more specifically the network of blood vessels within them. google it
>>
>>16938140
dont know what ts called but I do see this aswell.
>>
>>16938140
Thanks doc.
>>
>>16938140

yes, eyes open and closed.
>>
>>16938140
>>16942163
Yes, I see this too, but the colors change after a while, so it's not just blood vessels.

I also see waves of energy flowing around the room when I focus hard enough.
>>
File: tumblr_nxdn0rf9if1uv67gso1_1280.jpg (365KB, 724x1856px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxdn0rf9if1uv67gso1_1280.jpg
365KB, 724x1856px
>>
File: tumblr_nxdn0rf9if1uv67gso2_1280.jpg (379KB, 724x1856px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxdn0rf9if1uv67gso2_1280.jpg
379KB, 724x1856px
>>
File: tumblr_nxdn0rf9if1uv67gso3_1280.jpg (337KB, 724x1856px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxdn0rf9if1uv67gso3_1280.jpg
337KB, 724x1856px
>>
File: tumblr_nxdn0rf9if1uv67gso4_1280.jpg (343KB, 724x1856px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxdn0rf9if1uv67gso4_1280.jpg
343KB, 724x1856px
>>
File: tumblr_nxdn0rf9if1uv67gso5_1280.jpg (384KB, 724x1856px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxdn0rf9if1uv67gso5_1280.jpg
384KB, 724x1856px
>>
File: tumblr_nxdn0rf9if1uv67gso6_1280.jpg (356KB, 724x1856px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxdn0rf9if1uv67gso6_1280.jpg
356KB, 724x1856px
>>
File: tumblr_nxdn0rf9if1uv67gso7_1280.jpg (358KB, 723x1856px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nxdn0rf9if1uv67gso7_1280.jpg
358KB, 723x1856px
>>
>>16938140
yeah it happened the first time i tried meditating. it was about 10 min into the meditation when i started to see these white starlike dots coming closer towards me. as soon as they got close, they opened and this demonlike face appeared in front of me.
>>
>>16943258
thanks for the info, will exercise the chakras
>>
Come on niggers, meditation and stuff is cool.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.