[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was there such a large influx in the flat earth community

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 936full-kyary-pamyu-pamyu.jpg (775KB, 936x1404px) Image search: [Google]
936full-kyary-pamyu-pamyu.jpg
775KB, 936x1404px
Why was there such a large influx in the flat earth community in 2015? Do people really even believe this shit, or is it some huge post-ironic piece of performance art?
>>
File: 1406148944532.jpg (51KB, 500x431px) Image search: [Google]
1406148944532.jpg
51KB, 500x431px
l almost feel like it's legitimate, but at the same time, holy shit the claims these people make. It makes me feel like I'm being trolled at times. But I used to believe in equally crazy shit, so I can almost step into their shoes for a second, and then it seems like they are serious.
>>
it's jokes like the illuminati thing to be honest family
>>
>>16930433
Idk man. Have you seen the Jeranism videos? They're absolutely ridiculous
The guy clearly knows nothing about basic astronomy/physics so he just dismisses everything he doesn't understand (gravity, heliocentricity, the ecliptic) as complete bullshit.
Like, you have to try to be that stupid.
>>
File: 1406228409248.jpg (18KB, 456x303px) Image search: [Google]
1406228409248.jpg
18KB, 456x303px
>>16930444
I have seen them. And I shit myself laughing. I agree, it's a willful ignorance. I don't even know how to describe that shit. And the fucking format of his videos is like "So yeah, total bullshit. And this is too. They're lying to you, ahah laughable" and yet provides NO evidence as to why. My face hurts from facepalming to his videos.
>>
yeah, it's among the weirdest recent developments in online cultural phenomena. although I suppose it might be read as an interesting symptom of autistic and inexperienced internet / gamer / bedroom-culture's descent into a total aloofness from reality's actual sculpturalness and curvedness. I used to have some friends back in the day living in an urban-suburban sprawl (exurb) for whom I was their introduction/ guide to treks into nature. the world beyond fucking strip malls and games was seriously like some fantasy idea to them before.
>>
>>16930461
I feel the same way, man! And when he attempts to provide evidence it's always some shitty diagram he made in MS paint with numbers he pulled out of his ass.
The guy's either a complete moron or the greatest performance artist of all time.
I remember at the start one of his longer videos on "proving" the flat Earth, he said something like "Don't come to me with that gravity bullshit. It doesn't make sense" and then moved on without even elaborating on why's supposedly bullshit.
Have you seen his live youtube broadcasts too? It's basically him and his loser flat earther friend watching the ISS live feed and just going "Wow this CGI is so bad. This looks so fake."
>>
Production value
>>
>>16930425
Just an escalation of disinfo. As NWO moves closer to endgame, there's an increasing need to ensure all conspiracy theorists continue to seem like complete nutcases, so real nutcases are pushed into the forefront and become the face of conspiracy theory.
>>
File: flat earth google trend.jpg (39KB, 978x574px) Image search: [Google]
flat earth google trend.jpg
39KB, 978x574px
>>16930425

relevant google trend. Spiking upwards this year.
>>
>>16930930
>>
>>16930932
>All in the West
Haha
>>
>>16931019

Where people have internet.
>>
>>16930932
At least New Zealand is higher than my home
>>
>>16931019
>expecting people in the middle east to be googling english phrases
baka desu senpai
>>
>>16931088
topkek
>>
>>16930698
honestly if i were a firm believer in government related conspiracy theories, i could totally believe this. it's totally reasonable
>>
idk but we should lock up all the flat earth believers like they did when Galileo was locked up for saying the sun is in the middle
>>
>>16930681
huh?
>>
>>16931019
Asians have their own memes. We have pony and flat earth autists.
>>
>>16930425
>Why was there such a large influx in the flat earth community in 2015?

It could be due to the fact that the Hollow Earth theory was played out and people needed something new and novel to look into.

>Do people really even believe this shit

That's a tough question because again, many of these people subscribed to the Hollow Earth theory before they migrated to this one, and the two are seemingly contradictory.
>>
>>16930425

Disinfo to distract from Hollow Earth resurgence.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.