[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

antipsychotic alternatives

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 9

File: 7823526325768235.jpg (54KB, 400x402px) Image search: [Google]
7823526325768235.jpg
54KB, 400x402px
i know this isnt really paranormal, but i figure this might be a good place to ask

does anyone know of any natural alternatives (herbs, vitamins, supplements, lifestyle changes etc) to antipsychotic medication. im likely to be prescribed them because im on the schizophrenic spectrum but ive heard really shitty stuff about the side effects and i dont feel that "crazy" to where i'd really need them because i mostly just keep my psychotic stuff to myself and dont bother anyone about it.

basically, ive dealt with it for 11 years without medication so i dont see why i should start now when im not as bad as some others

mostly just looking for something to lessen paranoia if possible and have a generally clearer head

(dont say meditation though because it usually just makes psychotic stuff worse for me and exercise is kind of a given)
>>
Can't compare to medication because i've never been on any, but exercise and sunlight do wonders, and you just need like 15 mins of sunlight or exercise a day. It's not good for our brain chemistries to be sedentary and out of the sun. We evolved to be very active during the day.
>>
>>16929117
Paranormal, mental illness, what's the difference?
>>
>>16929117
Just eat right and exercise. Most importantly, keep your mouth shut. I'm probably on the schizophrenic spectrum, but I will never be diagnosed. My crazy is no one's business but mine.
>>
Avoiding weed is probably the biggest. I know lots of psychotic and schizophrenic patients like it, but ultimately it can make symptoms worse.

I don't know about supplements. There are probably some which help. Herbs, there are several herbs which might help. St. Johns Wort is commonly used in depression and people report greater clarity. There are a range of sedative herbs, limeflower, chamomile, skullcap, vervain, etc. If you are in the UK you could try the register of the NIMH, the National Institute of Medical Herbalists and go see someone.
>>
>>16929159
And I like cranial osteopathy, very relaxing and balancing. Get an occasional maintenance treatment.
>>
>>16929150
normally i wouldn't have bothered to go to a psych because i feel the same way, but im planning on going back to college soon (for like the 3rd time after dropping out a bunch due to mental health) and i dont want anything to get in the way this time
>>
>>16929150

This.
>>
Avoid drinking and weed all drugs even nicotine you crazy cock bag, work out go running get outside eat better, idk what your symptons are so Idk if its best for you not to take meds, you could be seeing a visual hallucination of a demon thats telling you to hurt ya self or ppl, this comes from a nigga who worked with MH patients and I was also 1 so shit bruv
>>
>>16929177
i dont smoke weed or cigarettes and i dont drink very much to begin with, just socially
>>
>>16929159
i live in the US but thanks for the suggestions
>>
>>16929186
So you are crazier then shit, i was diagnosed ptsd mood disorder with pyschotic features M8 they say a mad man sees qhat a mad man sees, im 100% pos in aupernatural and ahit but ya need meds take em, as long as not danger to self or others and can dunction
>>
>>16929187
What state you in
>>
>>16929225
WA
>>
>>16929229
Ah lived there once M8 cool cool
>>
>>16929229
Any creepy shit ya seen up there? House i lived in up there early 90s was stuffed with shadow people cool shit lol
>>
>>16929235
i see shadow people sometimes but they dont give off a hostile vibe or anything. pretty sure something malevolent used to live in my brother's old room because he was piss scared of sleeping in there when he was a kid and wouldn't explain why
>>
>I don't want to be prescribed psychiatric medication
>I went to a psychiatrist
So we've established that in addition to being paranoid you're also stupid.

There's this thing that helps with fear, OP. It's called confidence. Get some somehow.
>>
>>16929260
paranoia isnt the same as fear
>>
>>16929260
i do want medication for depression but just not antipsychotics
whats stupid about that
>>
>>16929150
The 'crazy' itself is never the problem. Only if it becomes disruptive. A big thing for a schizophrenic diagnosis is not realizing how crazy you might sound to others and how it might freak people out or make everyone awkward, so as long as you're distantly aware of how crazy you would sound you haven't gone over the edge yet.

They really just don't want a guy screaming about the reptilian shapeshifters during a wedding ceremony or something, which is understandable.
>>
>>16929275
Then if he tries to prescribe you antipsychotics, tell him to fuck off and get another opinion.
>>
File: newwtf.jpg (348KB, 999x999px) Image search: [Google]
newwtf.jpg
348KB, 999x999px
>>16929270
mylar blankets will block: emf (magnets) lazer/light radio microwave
orgonite or air ionizer or negative ion generator will block negative ions
earplugs will block low freq sound mind control (and the high freq sound humans make)

foil and earplugs and my symptoms went away for $1 completely.

(thanks to /x/ i was cured. thanks. guys.)
>>
>>16929285
mylar blankets for only $3 on amazon.com
i forgot

these prices are crazy!!!!
>>
File: 1445288973873.png (393KB, 493x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1445288973873.png
393KB, 493x1000px
>>16929117
http://www.alternativementalhealth.com/

Be careful about taking anything stimulating, it could result in psychosis.

Would you mind trying this test, OP? And show me the results you get.

http://www.eclecticenergies.com/chakras/chakratest.php
>>
File: chakra test.png (23KB, 595x501px) Image search: [Google]
chakra test.png
23KB, 595x501px
>>16929297

here you go
>>
>>16929247
Same
>>
>>16929317
Wtf does this mean
>>
File: dmitriy-rabochiy-envir-4.jpg (534KB, 1920x930px) Image search: [Google]
dmitriy-rabochiy-envir-4.jpg
534KB, 1920x930px
>>16929297
Obsidian and Hematite work to help with the root.

Try this.

http://wavesource.bandcamp.com/track/relaxation-root-chakra-meditation-isochronic-tones-396hz-liberating-guilt-and-fear

For your sacral try this;

http://bubble9.bandcamp.com/track/aum-d-sacral-chakra

Chamomile and Kava Kava would be an offhand suggestion for herbs to use to calm your mind.

Do you feel like you suffer from stress and anxiety?
>>
>>16929341
i have an obsidian pyramid that i keep close to my bed as well as a piece of hematite

and yeah im pretty sure i have GAD (generalized anxiety) i used to have social anxiety pretty bad when i was younger but it went away in my early 20s
>>
>>16929287
mylar blankets only $3?????
>>
>>16929279
It's weird being right on the edge of crazy. It's like having two minds. One of them thinks and truly believe crazy shit and the other just says "no, that's fucking crazy." I think the real problems arise when you don't have the part of your brain telling you, you're crazy.
>>
>>16929356
>>16929287
>>16929285

alright we get it its cheap go away now pls
>>
>>16929117
Vape pen + CBD e-liquid
>>
>>16929317
You insane beast almost ID to my results kek
>>
>>16929362
yeah its really frustrating. i used to wish that i didnt have any insight to my problems so that i would feel more legitimate but at the same time i dont because no one would wish more craziness on themselves
>>
File: tian-zi-2d-20.jpg (537KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tian-zi-2d-20.jpg
537KB, 1920x1280px
>>16929348
I would say try to make sure you are touching and recharging the stones as well.

Touch the tone, then make sure it has a chance to be cleansed with running water and has a good amount of time connected to the Earth. You can just leave in your backyard.

If it's not too cold where you live then make sure and plant your feet on dirt or grass, or in a stream for as long as is comfortable. The Earth is a great stabilizer.

My other suggestion for stones is Calcite.

I would suggest partaking in something physical and grounding like weightlifting or martial arts. It should help to ground you and get you from being stuck in thought patterns. Riding a bike I'm sure would help as well.
>>
>>16929378
ive been wanting to join a gym for a while but im poor as fuck atm so im kind of stuck with jogging/walking in the park for now.
i really like being in nature and go on hikes as often as im able but sometimes it helps and sometimes it doesnt
>>
>>16929285
When I was your age, a mylar blanket would cost almost a months salary.
>>
>>16929362
Pretty normal to have self doubt especially about questionable shit. But you're right about the dangers of losing that doubt.

And nothing any crazy person ever dreamed up is crazier than what a lot of religions and spiritualities already believe. It's all completely crazy from a materialist standpoint. The person coming up with stuff on their own just doesn't have institutions supporting them.
>>
>>16929387
This blanket is cheap by the way
>>
>>16929417
I choked on my food.
>>
>>16929117
Cognitive behavioral therapy. Ignore all other suggestions in this thread, which are terrible, with the exception of exercise/ taking walks which has a great effect on general mental wellbeing.
>>
>>16929405
This. Most people are at least somewhat crazy, the difference is whether or not you are a functional economic unit and your state of mind doesn't threaten anyone immediately (Though it is perfectly fine if your mentality threatens the lives of millions in future generations via ignorance and inaction.)
>>
I've been treating my schizophrenia with just Marijuana for over 10 years. I was previously on 42 medications but I didn't feel normal. The transition wasn't perfect. I still have visual and audio hallucinations, but it's all very controllabel with high amounts of sativa rich waxes and strains
>>
>>16929525
ive tried weed before in the past but it gives me very powerful headaches and hurts more than it helps so i generally stay away from it now
>>
have you ever tried LSD or DMT? often times people 'schitz' out because of suppressed inner fears and emotions, these can help channel them when used properly
>>
Damn thread is still up I just took my crazy meds lol, saw a girl who took to much acid and ended up at the doodle hospital hearing voices..
>>
>>16929580
IMO drugs and MH mix quite badly, whats your guys/gals opinion on machine elves? Having only done salvia and weed my drug xp is limited anyone ever meet them?
>>
then it wasnt real LSD it was rat poison 0_o ive done a shit ton and im perefectly fine lol i actually work in the mental health field XD
>>
>>16929595
>>16929585
hallucinogenic drugs can induce psychosis in some people so just because it didnt happen to you doesnt mean its impossible
>>
>>16929648
So have you seen machine elves?
>>
>>16929177
>>16929159

I've a lot of mental fuckups but weed usually helps me.
it's running out of it that makes me a mess
>>
>>16929117
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tardive_dyskinesia

I hope you find something or you find the diagnosis is wrong.. If you're a minor and have no choice be sure and tell your family about the permanent damage from antipsyhotics
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Natural-Healing-Schizophrenia-Common-Disorders/dp/0965097668

right away you can try Niacin..

they say you can damage your liver by taking around 3,000 mg a day so maybe try taking two 1,000 mg doses of the full flush kind not time release or non flushing.

you can also take Milk Thistle extract to protect your liver in case you have other factors stressing that organ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhIHkJ-P69k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0xPa0qVvl4
>>
>>16929459
Fuck you. Arrogant cunt.
>>
>>16929117
Healthy diet
Daily exercise
Goal setting
Working towards set goals
Socialize yourself
Avoid alcohol
Avoid hard drugs
Dont over-use weed
Work on thought stopping (Google it)
Express yourself creatively (write, draw, music, etc)
Dont get lazy
>>
I have schizophrenia and I feel scared all the time. I don't think /x/ really helps my condition. I wish I didn't feel scared all the time.
>>
You may only need a low dose of anyipsychotics depending on how bad your symptoms are. The rest of the thread is correct, avoid drugs like the plague. Holding pretty rocks won't help. General exercise and eating well does wonders to ease anxiety. Talk with your doctor about your concerns regarding antipsychotics, and at least try a minimal dose to keep symptoms bearable.
>>
>>16929282

They can force you to take them if you're not compliant. Mental health patients basically have no rights and are treated worse than prisoners. It's better to avoid the system altogether.
>>
>>16930848
Committed patients. As in dangerous to the public and themselves. It takes violent tendencies to get classified as that.
>>
>>16930800
man...feeling scared in my room, cozy, while smoking weed is so bad...I feel my entire life is pointless and without escape
>>
File: tumblr_lre102h8CU1qcej2y.jpg (26KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lre102h8CU1qcej2y.jpg
26KB, 320x240px
>>16930742
yikes now i really dont wanna take em. i guess if my psych starts talking about wanting to put me on them i'll just tell her i dont feel its necessary and see what happens

>>16930758
sounds interesting. i'll look into it
>>
>>16930851

Wrong. If you refuse to take medications they'll involuntarily commit you and inject you with a 6-month lasting dose of Haldol. You don't have to "do" anything, just being diagnosed with schizophrenia is justification enough for them
>>
>>16930867
Sounds like you need to contact a lawyer for your friend then.
>>
File: 247826221.png (276KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
247826221.png
276KB, 500x374px
>>16930867
>>
>>16930885

It's not paranoia. It's happened to me before. Don't know where you live but that's how it works in Florida. Psychiatrists are on power trips and they love abusing their power
>>
>>16930891
glad i dont live in florida then goddamn
>>
>>16929117

talk with the parts of you that are causing problems, figure out what they want, why they refuse to serve, develop a internal relation where you are not the one who gets fucked over and over, instead take charge, asert authority, order the system into obedience
>>
>>16930901
i dont really have a problem with voices. they never say anything that makes much sense anyway.

believe me, if i could fix my problems by talking to myself i'd have been cured a looooong time ago
>>
I feel ya OP I talk a lot to my self but in my own head... And sometimes I get lost in the conversation. Paranoia has always been a big part of my mind set since I can remember. Although, I do know and understand that the way I process information in my head is not normal in any way... So I keep it to myself and when the moment arises to where I'm with a group of people talking and the subject matter arises I'll bring it up. But as a what if not that it is the truth set in stone. Just remember that everyone has different mindsets and ways of thinking. Yours is not the only one. Everyone feels and everyone thinks and differently at that. There is a time and a place for everything even for the crazy thoughts in your head. Lately I've been seeing things and hearing sounds... But a part of me is always looking for an answer to it... Maybe it the neighbors working on something or some kid kicked a ball over to my yard and went to get it. However, when its unexplainable I simply dismiss it as me tripping... I like my brain, it may not be normal but I'd rather have that then be a normal Joe. I get to hear sounds that no one else hears or images that no one else can see. Then I turn it into my hobby making music. Using it to my advantage. Be your self and embrace it. Just remember what I said about a time and place for everything. Love ya OP you don't suck dick. Not this time anyway.
>>
>>16930914

dont talk to yourself, talk with yourself, do it on purpose not as some disfunctional pattern, ''talking'' dosent have to be taken literaly, its about developing a relation, a way to interact, on the inside
>>
>>16930925
well i guess what i meant in my last reply is that as someone who spends a lot of time alone its kind of redundant to ask me to have a relationship with myself when a lot of the time im my only company. i talk to, and with (by your definition) a lot already, but there are times when reasoning just doesn't help which is what medication is for basically and also what im looking for alternatives to
>>
>>16930931

and what i meant is that you need to chose to be in charge during that process, observe it and order it, not simply become it
>>
File: 1.png (51KB, 1020x762px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
51KB, 1020x762px
Damn I'm good at chakras
>>
>>16930800
pray.. try praying.. ask God to heal you and make a leap of faith God wants to help you.
>>
>>16929186
Move to Mongolia. They practice herbal medicine.

Also:
> i dont smoke weed or cigarettes. Just crack.
>>
>>16929285
>earplugs will block low freq sound mind control
so THAT'S why that fucking cunt who was in my psyche ward was wearing earplugs all the time. She believed this crap.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.