[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neuroscience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
So heres a problem ive faced for a while.
My brain has the capacity to store memories and knowledge like a snapshot in my mind.
I've been told this is whats known as "photographic memory".
Yet, despite being able to handle complex and time consuming tasks, my brain tends to omit simple things. Is this a problem i can fix?
>>
>>16928694
No.
Having an EIDETIC memory does not make you a genious.
I am a genius (MENSA, Triple nine soc.), and have terrible short-term memory. Life just isn't fair
>>
obviously you need to be more specific than that

if you can't, then probably not. memory is a pretty shitty mental process when you get to learning how it actually functions
>>
>>16928699
When I looked my brain process up, i learned that i am an "overthinker"
I constantly worry about the future and stress ovr my failures in the past.
Everytime something bad happens to me an unrelenting cascade of negativity comes against my brain, forcing me into depression.
I want to know if this is a personality trait, or if i can force my brain to stop doing this.
>>
>>16928734
i dunno, maybe. psychotherapy regresses like 70% of peoples' reported symptoms but its expensive and gay
>>
>>16928734
bump.
I have a similar problem. Complex tasks seem to be easier, because they often better precised and simple ones are leaving too much space for interpretation (i tend to overthink at this place).
Also thinking and worrying too much is consuming a lot of time and energy.
have no idea how to get over it..
sorry_for_bad_english
>>
>>16928694
>My brain has the capacity to store memories and knowledge like a snapshot in my mind.
Wow, can you elaborate? Can you take a snap of the page of a book and have a look at the text later in tour head?
>>
>>16928734
>>16928757
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy is cheaper, quicker, and focuses on management strategies rather then navel-gazing (nothing wrong with that though.)
>>
>>16929114
That's a bandaid solution, for retards
>>
>>16928694
I can relate kind of. Except my thing is sounds (Echoic memory is what I believe it's called?); I can recall entire conversations and information/facts I've been told years and years ago but ask me what I had for breakfast and I'll have to think for a good minute or so. It's useful and annoying simultaneously, especially given I have a personality disorder.
CBT helped as another anon recommended but it's one of those things you need to learn to live with. Unfortunately Eidetic/Echoic memory is not like the TV likes to portray it and the vast majority of people aren't Spencer Reids or Ingrid Thirds. Just embrace it as a part of who you are.
>>
just
>>
>>16930690
>>
>>16930709
>>
>>16930711
PRUD
>>
>>16930737
ayy
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.