[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Behold your son: behold your mother" What did it mean?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

"Behold your son: behold your mother"

What did it mean?
>>
>>16927816
I'm gonna die, take care of my elderly mother as if she was your own.
It's like you never went to Sunday School. And have severe brain damage.
>>
>>16928056

lol is there a deeper meaning you asshole?
>>
>>16928077
The first recorded incident of a "Your Mom" joke.
>>
>>16928077
There is a deeper meaning to everything.
>>
>>16928085

How so exactly?
>>
>>16928087

I want the deep meaning.
>>
>>16928101
Spiritual adoption.
>>
>>16928108

Pertaining to what?
>>
>>16928101

If son of his mother, then is your mother, for now we all are one in Christ. Also, he meant what the first comment said, because he was attached to Maria, the woman that carried him and raised him as a human.
>>
>>16928118

You're saying he passed his mother onto humanity, and humanity were to have here as a mother; is this why Catholicism reveres her so?
>>
>>16928128
Not him but I suppose so
We catholics consider Mary the holiest mortal of all time
And we all call her our mother
>>
>>16928056
More fundamentally: You two are linked now. Because I say so. Not get off my nuts so I can die.
>>
>>16928128

You need to separate the spiritual meaning to the physical meaning. Physically, we all have mother and father, but in spirit there is only one father. Physically, you may have no brothers or be a gentile, but in spirit you are son of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. In other books of the new testament, "Even if you had ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel". 1 Cor 4:15. Sorry if i can't make it very clear.
>>
>>16928171

Thank you for the elaboration. Very informative.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.