[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, /x/ how does one think like Sherlock Holmes without being psychic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

So, /x/ how does one think like Sherlock Holmes without being psychic?
>>
OP's goal in life: Be a fictional character
>>
Sherlock Holmes solves crime by:

>being extremely intelligent - knowing a great amount about a great number of subjects
>being extremely detail oriented
>having incredible deductive reasoning
>being fictional
>>
>>16925592
Almost impossible. He sees brick dust on someones shoe and callouses on their hands then thinks a bricklayer. It really could be that he walked through a construction site and his callouses are from jerking off too much.
>>
>>16925636
OR maybe he's wrong and right. A masturbatory bricklayer.
>>
>>16925683

When you see it you'll jerk off bricks.
>>
Google "think like Sherlock Holmes" you moron. There are books on this and even websites dedicated to the art of deduction.
>>
File: adhd.jpg (60KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
adhd.jpg
60KB, 800x800px
>>16925728

It awesome how you figured that out! That's the kind of brain power I want to develop. Thanks anon!
>>
>>16925592
Psych
>>
>>16925624
>being fictional
This is the most important part.
>>
>>16925592
Be smarter.
>>
>>16925728
except Holmes isn't actually using deductive reasoning, he's using abductive reasoning.

He's inferring a cause from an observed result; it is important to note that if one makes an inference to the most likely explanation you do have a decent chance at being right, but you'll have the odd result like the masturbatory bricklayer discussed by the anons above.
>>
>>16925592
Be God. Write your universe to conform to whatever random bullshit seems to make sense at the time.
>>
be autistic
>>
>>16925592
Patterns and a ton of abstraction.
>>
Well Sherlock also has aspergers so you're partway there OP
>>
File: sherlock.png (223KB, 915x933px) Image search: [Google]
sherlock.png
223KB, 915x933px
>>16925592
>>
>>16929122
/that thread and this one
>>
Deduction is flawed. His superpower is intuitive aptitude. Correctly making assumptions.
>>
>>16925592
OP i wondered the same thing at one point. You dont need to be psychic, and you dont need to be a savant. Two things you can do to improve your deductive processes is 1. Become a jack of all trade. Learn a little about everything. You dont need to be an expert on any one thing just be good at everything. 2. Notice things. Make a game out of it. Look at a mark on the floor and try to determine how it got there. Listen to every little noise. Think about everything your senses experience. It can be done
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.