[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Melatonin Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

File: 382008.jpg (24KB, 500x325px) Image search: [Google]
382008.jpg
24KB, 500x325px
Anyone on here wish to share the dreams they've had after taking melatonin?
>>
>>16920320
does ketamine count
>>
I take californian poppy (probably natural melatonin?) when waking from deep sleep in need to smoke.

dreamt about being a raptor jumping around catching food around 9 o clock. I wonder what it even means..
>>
>>16920399
You must renounce your human origins and become one with the raptors.
>>
>>16920320
>Anyone on here wish to share the dreams they've had after taking melatonin
no because i actually sleep peacefully after taking melatonin
i get weird dreams when i take nyquil though
>>
>>16920320
I used to work third shift, and I had a hard time falling asleep. There's this iced tea that's got Bob Marley's face on it, and it used to have melatonin (they changed the formula though)

I drank a whole bottle and tried to go to sleep after work one morning, but my family kept waking me up. After about what felt like an hour, I saw some colors creeping in from my periphery. Then I saw a helicopter in my bedroom.

It was about the size of a poker card. It looked exactly like the helo from Thomas the Tank Engine, minus the face. It moved like it was made of paper, reminiscent of Paper Mario. I watched it fly around a little, and thn passed out for a good 8 hours.
>>
>>16920399
Dreams don't always have to have meaning.
>>
>>16920320
i've taken melatonin hundreds of times and never had any weird dreams. L-DOPA however never fails to disappoint, i've had all kinds of bizarre dreams since i started taking that.
>>
>>16920752
I dream every night and have taken melatonin for certain periods during the past years. Never noticed something unusual from it. Doesn't work.
>>
>>16920555
I think it was Marleys mellow mood. Can't find it in my gas station anymore because some people bitched about it.

That drink will work wonders.
>>
what else could one take to have crazy af dreams? preferably something legal.
>>
>>16921611
trazodone

usually makes fever dreams though
>>
>>16921611
coleus
it's a common garden plant
make tea out of it or dry the leaves and smoke it for some oofta dream
>>
>>16920320

Had a couple intense ones where I couldn't "wake up" even though I was conscious of the dream state. I kept jumping from dream to dream.
>>
>>16920320
I've been taking melatonin for years now and have noticed anything strange
>>
>>16920397
ket is for horses you dumb motherfucker
>>
>>16920320
I usually get highly stressful/anxious feeling dreams when I take melatonin.
>>
I once woke up during the night maybe 3 hrs after taking melatonin and was convinced someone was going to break into my car. I couldn't shake the feeling of paranoia. Since then I haven't taken anymore.
>>
>>16920320
I've been wanting to make some legal dream brews including some combination of the following ingredients (will be doing a lot of experimenting to figure it out)

Silene capensis (xhosa dream herb)(tea/chewed)
Entada rheedi (african dream seed)(smoked, maybe tea)
calea zatatechi(mexican dream herb)
I've heard valerian, gingko, and peppermint can enhance lucidity. I've had experience using chewing tobacco while in just the right nap, it causes you to only fall asleep 90%, kind of forcing hypnogogia, but its hard to remember the visions and I'm not sure if this would enhancing actually sleeping dreams. Cannabis can supress dreams. I've also heard a report that calea can fuck up your other drugs and havent heard great results from it and supposedly its vile. I've also read calea is supposed to require a fuckton to work, like a whole pot of tea, 5 joints of it, eat some it, tincture it in vodka, fuck it just set a bunch of it on fire and hotbox your closet, all on top of it tasting like a dead womans diarhea. So I might get rid of that I'll give it a try.

So the plan is, take the melatonin a bit prior and possible a small amount of diphenhydramine or dextromethorphan. Taking it during naptime could enchance the dreams. Then brew my tea of dream herbs with some drops of valerian, peppermint oil, and ginkgo. May add some yerba mate to the tea, gives you a bit of vitality and its small amount of caffeine may help. As I drink the tea I'll smoke the smokeable shit in a base of marshmallow root, maybe with a small inclusion of tobacco. I've considered adding just a small amount of psychedelic, amanitas, psilocybe, LSD, or LSA, just a small amount to make it a little trippier. Other things that may help are an herbal dream pillow, incense, and of course your own dreaming techniques. I've heard of people having some hardcore dreams after eating some strong indian food and curry and shit, sometimes due to straight up food poisoning or just the large amount of(CONT)
>>
>>16922297
seasoning and hot spices. Possibly could incorporate some environmental factors such as temperature and noise. I've had some pretty intense lucid dreams after sleep deprivation but usually I just die for 10 hours. Only other thing I may add is some chamomile, opiate or california poppy, maybe some marihuanilla, or something else just to enhance the sedative and relaxtion effects.

The reason I'm doing this is because most legal highs and entheogens are basically bullshit, but when it comes to dreams it seems there is tons of herbs, compounds, and other things that actually show results.
>>
>>16922311
oh yeah also Hops.
>>
I once took a melatonin and ate a hot sauce and jalepeno chicken sandwich right before I went to sleep. Dreamed I got shot by Pavarotti at a swanky restaurant where Lou Reed was the manager who tried to make up for the fact that I got shot by giving me shitty coupons. After that dream, I dreamed I went to some college lecture where the speaker was handing out drugs and then the lecture got busted and we all went to a jail with a ball pit and slides. Then some Hare Krishnas showed up and we flew away from the prison.

I woke up laughing.
>>
>>16920320
http://www.vivo.colostate.edu/hbooks/pathphys/endocrine/otherendo/pineal.html

Some say the pineal gland secretes melatonin, but may be inhibited by various life choices.
>>
>>16922627
Define 'life choices'.
>>
>>16920320
that shit doesn't work for me.
>>
>>16922297
I tried calea before.
bitter as fuck and did fuck all for my dreams.
would not recommend.
>>
I take melatonin when changing my sleep schedual (which is often) and I never have any unusual dreams or sleeping experiences.

Also I get constant all-day leg cramps after a week or so if I keep taking it nightly, is this normal?
>>
yeah melatonin makes me sleep like a log. Peracetam however sometimes leads to weird and vivid dreams.
>>
>>16921777
No, H is for horse, dumbass.
>>
I've been using 3mg of melatonin to help me sleep for a few years now. I've never had crazy dreams...actually its very rare I remember my dreams...it has happened maybe 5 times in as many years.

My sleep schedule has been a mess for a while, though...I think it's naturally reversed. Anyways, the melatonin doesn't actually help me sleep...but helps me sleep lighter to hear alarms. I used to literally sleep though everything. After trying melatonin, I found myself more likely to wake up if I set an alarm.

On a related note, my sister was a habitual bedwetter up into high school, until taking melatonin. While taking it, she is finally able to respond to her bladder during sleep.
>>
>>16920555
Bruh, that drink was amazing. Why the fuck did they remove the melatonin?
>>
>>16921689
I took trazodone for sleep and it never did much for me. Acted like melatonin, so it was hit and miss for me.
>>
Protip for OP and anyone else who cares: Last I knew, melatonin isn't regulated by the FDA because it's considered a 'supplement' and not a medication. This means that the potency of a tablet of melatonin can vary by brand. I've taken some melatonin that does fuckall for me, and some that knocks me out almost instantly.
>>
Anybody here try ambien?
>>
>>16920320
I used to take melatonin quite often to help me sleep but stoped for a while.

Last night I had a fucked up dream after taking some.

I dreamt that my old friend had some sort of paper that when put through a printer would make cocaine. I helped him make it and for some reason I was responsible for holding it. At some point a soccer team scored a goal and I "respawned" to put it best, and when I went back to the place where i Was holding the coke it was gone. It was in a mall for some reason. He was pissed that I lost it and said it would only be fair to hit me in the face 3 times. He did and it didn't hurt since I don't tend to feel pain in dreams. Me and this friend have never touched coke and never plan to either, nor is he violent.

Later on I was driving somewhere at night. The road was narrow, steep and windey. Everntually it got so steep that I was going vertical and all of a sudden everything turned 2D and the sky turned white. Before I knew it I was sitting on a couch with the friend from earlier looking at a broken TV. The friend proceeded to show me a video of myself stumbling around and knocking over the TV and breaking it. I figured I must have been drugged or something and didn't once consider I was dreaming.

Just some weird shit with bad vibes, but interesting. I've definitely had a lot worse dreams.
>>
>>16922297
>Entada rheedi
I have a bunch of those seeds laying around. They're hard to crack open and the inside tastes terrible. Well it's more so just the burning sensation it gives your mouth. It never seemed to work for me.

I heard you can plant them and grow branches that have leaves though. Would smoking or making tea from the leaves be better?
>>
>>16925706
There is a pitiful amount of info on them. Some indication that they contain saponin which is what is in that big ass tree frog that has a narcotic effect. All I've heard is you smoke the meat from the sead. Some dude on youtube did a "1000x extract" drink and said it did not shit, but I've also heard reports to its effectiveness. It also is kinda weird how expensive/rare-ish it is online, supposedly thoses seeds can float across oceans and plant themselves, and theres pictures of people holding seed pods that look like they have MASSIVE seeds in them. If I ever do grow them, roots and leaves would be tested, but I haven't read anything about them.

so you tried eating them and they burned?
>>
entheogen guy here again, on melatonin:

This is just shit I've heard. Melatonin is a hormone your body excretes in very small amounts a few hours before your circadian rhythm wants you to go to sleep. I've heard it has little to no effect, I've also heard it has great effect, and I heard one guy on the radio said taking melatonin results in almost no melatonin absorbed and that your body produces and uses the correct amount anyway.

That being said, I also heard cannabis can deplete/supress melatonin and its reactions. When I was a huge stoner for awhile one day I didn't smoke except maybe a lil in the morning, and I took a couple melatonin pills at some point. I fell into the most deep fucking cerebral almost painful sleep, like 14 hours or some shit, felt like I was waking up from a coma. It felt unpleasent but like my body needed it.

>>16925706
Also them seeds are supposed to be good luck charms, probably moreso if you find them on a beach rather than buying them from bouncingfuckboybotanicals
>>
>>16925723
Yeah I tried cracking open the brown shell which was hard as fuck, and eating the white "meat" inside, and that shit burned like it was really acidic or something. Hard to explain. Didn't seem to enhance my dreams but I only tried it two times or so. I also tried smoking some of the meat.
>>
ZMA before bed gives me very vivid dreams.
>>
>>16921777
>Deep internal issues detected
>>
>>16920320
I was first person jedi in starwars battlefront. That dream was crazy af and vivid too
>>
Melatonin doesn't give you whacked dreams. If you take too much of it your body just pisses it out
>>
>>16920555

Nice trips, mate!
>>
>>16921777

I thought hey is for horses.

Trips checked. Good on ya, mate!
>>
Diphenylhydramine HCl
>>
>>16921689
Trazodone gave me crazy dream after dream every night I took it. Always felt shitty the day after though.
>>
>>16927427
Trazodone sucks. I took a slightly higher dose than prescribed and it made me sickly dizzy, like I was beyond wasted.

Never again.
>>
>>16925634
Zolpidem is great, but like all great things, easy to go overboard on. It's also harder to remember the dreams, for me atleast.
>>
>>16927456
Zolpidem always made me nauseous and never worked as well as brand name Ambien
>>
File: dxm dosage.png (284KB, 2784x952px) Image search: [Google]
dxm dosage.png
284KB, 2784x952px
Anyone ever had werid dreams/visions on DXM?
>>
>>16928350
Yellow mist in my room, which wasn't spectacular, but interesting as shit in that state.
>>
>>16921777
i love ket
>>
File: 74233.jpg (60KB, 616x1024px) Image search: [Google]
74233.jpg
60KB, 616x1024px
>>16928350
When I've done DXM it has usually been in the 300mg range (second plateau). This is enjoyable for music and movies that don't require paying too much attention to the story. MST3K was great on this. Really trippy. I also went on Omegle and ended up finding other people tripping. One particularily memorable moment was when these two dudes were dancing to the song "What is Love" and I couldn't help but join them. It was bliss.

I did 600mg once (third plateau) and holy fuck what a mindfuck. There were times when I thought I was dying. I had no idea how or why, but I just had been convinced that I was dying. I even wrote a suicide note. I also at once point saw what looked to be white shadowy humanoid figures all around my room, standing and even sitting in my chair. I swore I was a robot at one point too. Many other fucked things/thoughts occurred that I can't remember because it was years ago.

All times I mixed it with weed which is necessary in my opinion to combat nausea/itchiness. 300mg can be interesting and recreational but 600mg+ was indescribably fucked.

To anyone thinking of trying DXM, start with 200-300mg smoke/vape weed once it starts to kick in and throughout the experience.

Also make SURE that the only active ingredient is DXM. No Guafenisen or any of that shit.
>>
>>16928350
if it's weird dreams you want try a dph high its like hell on earth but interesting to play around with at the least
>>
>>16928467
I will never try DPH again. It was really interesting at a high dose where I would constantly space out and have conversations with people who weren't there, then immediately forget the dialogue when I realized I was talking to myself outloud.

That was fun, but what wasn't fun was taking too little. I think it was 300mg or so? It was hell. It was like I had restless body syndrome or some shit. I was trying to sleep and I just kept jolting up to a sitting position with this weird emotion I can't explain. I would not recommend it personally.
>>
>>16923531
I think it was because a bunch of asshats in a highschool drank it as if it was normal juice, and then became sick. Also because of the drowsiness it caused.

I can't even find that drink in my gas stations that used to have it in stock, but that's what happens when morons accuses the drink of making you drowsey and feel goody, WHEN IT'S SUPPOSE TO DO JUST THAT.
>>
>>16923398
>>16926687
>>16927207
>>16928462
I can't tell if you guys didn't get the joke or not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSTx31dxmgA
>>
>>16928466
Man you're lucky. When I do more than 300 mgs, my body starts to break out in rashes and it begins to itch. It felt good and disassociative but could not enjoy my trip at all.
>>
>>16920320
>took mealatonin last night
>dream starts
>with a friend who killed himself 4 years ago
>"k"
>we were at some legal weed shop getting high
>chillin and shit
>hen my dream was taken over
>I started attacking and killing people
>wtf is this shit what happened to the Kush
>woke myself up to eat some oatmeal cookies
>wtf I'm still asleep but awake what is real
>fall back asleep
>been depressed all day

They put mushrooms in the pills
>>
>>16921777
Fav song
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.