[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

schizo occult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 19

File: image.jpg (32KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 480x360px
>diagnosed schizoaffective in October 2011
>what was interesting was not so much the way my behavior that changed as much as people around me
>i became aware of invisible forces manipulating the masses around me
>and these invisible forces became aware of me
>i was sent strange and prophetic dreams
>sleep was also difficult and fraught with night terrors
>electronics were disrupted in my presence
>people told me terrible things regularly
>people began conspiring against me
>even online, people would try and lie and confuse me
>perhaps their intention was merely to troll but i took all these comments to heart
>i became afraid that people wanted to kill me
>i was stopped by cops and put in jail because of my odd dress and behavior
>shortly after i was moved to a psych ward
>despite all the horribleness this was all a very spiritual experience and formative of my current views
>unfortunately, the medicine they gave me put me in a zombie-like state and caused me to forget all the clarity i achieved
>now four years later i can start to recall the exquisite beauty of those moments
>want to get off meds but not sure how to overcome my delusions (grandeur, paranoia, persecution, messiah, martyr)

Is meditation the solution? How do unmedicated schizos deal with their delusions?
>>
>How do unmedicated schizos deal with their delusions?

They don't. Take your fucking meds and stop posting about flat earth.
>>
File: Capture2.png (9KB, 658x76px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
9KB, 658x76px
>>16911558
>>despite all the horribleness this was all a very spiritual experience and formative of my current views
>>
>>16911558
I was diagnosed with non-differential schizophrenia when I was 17.
>NDS is essentially a nice way of saying, 'You exhibit most of the requirements for schizophrenia, and your brain has the same physical abnormalities as other schizophrenics, but you're otherwise able to function normally.'

I have not been on meds for about 8 years now, but I am also not labelled as a threat to myself or to others. I mostly get through the delusions by trying to remain as logical as possible.

Its a strange juxtaposition, where I equally entertain the crazy and outlandish thoughts that pop into my brain, but also make a conscious effort to dismiss them.
>>
>>16911558
Just observe your own actions and be logical about anything you try to interpret
>>
>>16911567
Yeah I've read a book from D. Lang who said the same thing, the schizophrenic behavior is not a sickness by itself, but a desalination experience that need to be monitored in a safe environment due to its self curative properties.

Even though I am repeating your point, he conceive it as a breakthrough rather than a breakdown.
>>
>>16911885
If you're talking about The Divided Self, that was an excellent book and more people should read it. Especially the anons who come around here from time to time accusing everyone of being schizotypal when they have only a horribly summarised wikipedia definition to go off.

It only serves to invalidate the life experiences and opinions of other people without any degree of critical thinking.

That dreaded 'FHX Schizophrenia' that comes up on your family medical history, and then all the doctors start looking at you like you're a crazy child instead of a concerned functional adult.

Meditating definitely helped.
>>
There are people retarded enough to know and believe they're insane, yet still think all of this supernatural stuff happening to them is real?

Take your meds, you idiotic faggot.
>>
>>16911558
*smug anime girl face*
>>
>>16911563
Fuck off, shill.
>>
>>16911558
>My behavior didn't change
>I started hallucinating about forces and shit

Pick one.
Also OP remember that the meds didn't take away your clarity, they made you capable of recognizing whats real and what's not, to some extent
>>
>>16912303
>>16912403
The forces I became aware of were more like unconscious thoughtforms than sentient energy. I retain some of my gnosis of these forces despite medication.
>>
File: mshit.jpg (714KB, 800x2000px) Image search: [Google]
mshit.jpg
714KB, 800x2000px
>>16912403
try shielding first

mylar blankets ($3 on amazon) will block lazer/radio/emf
orgonite or air ionizers will block negative ions
earplugs will block sound

water will block a lot of energy waves too, just get a hottub lol.

most people from youtube think its EMF/ELF or scalar waves. i think its radio+microwave
whateva. GL.
>>
>>16911558
Don't go off your meds. You might think all of that stuff was a spiritual experience, but it was just your ailing mind acting out.
>>
File: 1305650770901.jpg (37KB, 321x315px) Image search: [Google]
1305650770901.jpg
37KB, 321x315px
>>16911558
meditation helps a great deal, although i medicate myself in other ways as well (naturally). I think a lot of it comes down to the individual's wisdom and character traits. I have a very analytical mind so i don't generally 'believe' anything, atleast i try not to. most other schizos could believe anything if you butter the bread enough.
>>
>>16911738
well shit man. I am totally within all of this as well. diagnosed with psychosis in feb of 15. missed some school. shit has been hard for me to handle after all of it. the clarity of my dreams is remarkable, the way my mind guides me in daily activities is amazing. I guess things are very much different and the same as they were before the hospital. I am drug free as well. sorry I am high typing this.
>>
>>16911558
>i became aware of invisible forces manipulating the masses around me
>and these invisible forces became aware of me
this was not a "hallucination" despite what the droves of know-nothings on /x/ would like you to believe. dont take their "medication" it's poison. chakras are the key. you ARE special. you have king's blood, but you need control over yourself. meditate. study. science.
>>
>>16911558
Will you elaborate on how you got arrested?
>>
>>16912524
This is rather insane. Take your schizo pills.
>>
VARJAYANA
>>
>>16912593
> I am drug free as well. sorry I am high typing this
>drug free
>high typing this

You schizos truly are delusional
>>
>>16911558
look up drlwilson and have a poke around that website, good info
>>
>>16911558
>diagnosed schizoaffective in October 2011
Weak guts flora.
>i was sent strange and prophetic dreams
Delusion
>electronics were disrupted in my presence
Your brain's bioelectricity is fucked up as well, that's why.
>people told me terrible things regularly
Hallucination
>people began conspiring against me
Anxiety attacks
>even online, people would try and lie and confuse me
Did I say delusion?
>now four years later i can start to recall the exquisite beauty of those moments
Nope, still delusions
>want to get off meds but not sure how to overcome my delusions (grandeur, paranoia, persecution, messiah, martyr)
Keep using your meds until you stop recalling those events as beautiful.
>>
Schizophrenic here remember to take your meds and to never listen to the voices no matter how helpful they seem
>>
>>16912393
fuck off shizo
>>
Fun fact:Schizophrenia eats away of your brain . How's that for a gnosis? Being brainless makes you more receptive? By all means, take your fucking meds.
>>
>>16911558
What kind of clothes does one have to wear to be considered crazy by the police?

Other than that, I feel ya. I'm not diagnosed with anything, but I easily could be. I just keep a lot of shit to myself and have created a worldview to make sense of some of my crazy. Good luck to you, dude.
>>
>>16911558

I always wondered what i would do if i was schizophrenic.

>i may have smoked cannabis.
> Cannabis may trigger schizophrenia.

I think that if i was schizophrenic i would do a few thing :

1) stay in contact with other schizophrenic to keep remembering it's just some kind of madness and go on with the treatment

2) keep taking the treatment 'cause it preserve social peace (i'm not sure it's efficient)
and what is important is not what is true but what does work for the mass.(common, they should totally make an implant for that treatment so people may less be tempted to stop it).

3)Start documenting my form of schizophrenia,
start working with scientist, do as much as i can to bring the possibility to the world that there will never be any schizophrenic dude ever again.
>>
>>16914965

>no clothes
>>
>>16912524

THis is pretty out there, dude.

Honestly, I come to /x/ because I get a kick out of creepy pastas, shitty horror clips and other people's conspiracy stories, but I feel pretty bad if it's just furthering someones descent in schizophrenia.

If you guys are really feeling like this, turn off the tv and internet for awhile, go outdoors, eat healthy and spend more time with friends and family. If it gets really bad, seek out a mental help professional.
>>
>despite all the horribleness this was all a very spiritual experience and formative of my current views

I starved to death and was cut off entirely from the outside world, with my only companions being other druggies - and we were all too poor to afford our fix.

>unfortunately, the medicine they gave me put me in a zombie-like state and caused me to forget all the clarity i achieved

At the height of my psychosis (As I call it - totally informal self-diagnosis) I thought I wanted help, but the fear of medication (And poverty) stopped me. A few months afterwards, I feel fine. Something tells me drugs on top of more drugs is never good - and I swear my psychosis was drug-induced. And now, what you call 'clarity' is my normal mode and all I do is smoke weed.

This feeling is the culmination of two decades of struggle against malaise. I'd rather die than go back to the way I felt.

>Is meditation the solution? How do unmedicated schizos deal with their delusions?

I believe that a woman named Gaia came to Earth in a post-human body composed of graphene and fluor-carbons (I can explain the biochemistry in extreme detail - I have a metabolism chart) and produced seeds, which entered into the bodies of prokaryotes. One of these seeds has gone from body after body, until entering mine.

My life is devoted to giving this seed a pot to grow in. That is, I want to create a post-human body like Gaia's and transplant my brain into it. At the same time, I'll chemically modify my neurons with graphene and fluor-carbons so that I can let the meat die and attain immortality.

The power of this body will make me a god, and me and Gaia will ascend back into space - we were only here so she could give birth to me and others like me.

No one takes any of this seriously, and that's how I deal with it. I'm not sure if I'm schizo, or psychotic or what. All I know is that I experienced very strong, very strange sensations and I think it was all for the better.
>>
>>16915809
op here

That's very cool and interesting. I imagine many people would have these seeds. reminds me of Jenova in FFVII. I was also obsessed with the idea of traveling space. I was convinced of alien technologies to travel worlds. I even saw some of these worlds.
>>
File: elchulus_by_jelfi-d59ws83.jpg (180KB, 1115x716px) Image search: [Google]
elchulus_by_jelfi-d59ws83.jpg
180KB, 1115x716px
When I was five years old, a great brown dragon descended from the sky and flattened my hometown. I went on a journey to kill it and managed to gravely wound it, but some guy managed to give it the coup de grace before I could kill it myself. This gave him the dragon's powers, but he split the power into several different dragons, each a different color. For the next 12 years, I hunted these dragons down and fought them, and when I was 17 years old, I killed their master.

For a year the dragons went into hiding, glad to be free from the shackles of their master's will. But I found them, and for the next 4 years, chased them down by joining a military organization formed for the purpose of killing dragons. I fought and killed many opponents during this time, including a fake mechanical dragon and a human infused with dragon DNA. Eventually I learned how corrupt this organization was, and I fought and killed several of its officers. By the time I went rogue, I'd killed most of my dragons. I finally killed the last of them and became the new dragonmaster, but I quickly learned it's not all I thought it would be. I hate dragons and am determined not to manifest their power in physical form like the last dragonmaster did, but the power of dragons is more than any mortal human can bear. Every day I struggle with a power that eats me from the inside out, but I have to bear it. I have to die and take the dragons with me.
>>
File: newwtf.png (604KB, 999x999px) Image search: [Google]
newwtf.png
604KB, 999x999px
until this >>16919639
you get the "rack". pic.
>>
>>16914952
No, you retarded, this is not fact.

>Schizophrenia is associated with subtle differences in brain structures, found in 40 to 50% of cases, and in brain chemistry during acute psychotic states.[4]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia#Neurological

Now fuck off and die shill.
>>
>>16911558
>Got diagnosed with an illness characterised by hallucinations delusions, paranoia and thoughts that people are against you.
>Realise soon after everyones against you.
>Doesn't make connection.

Take your meds, bud.

Meditation helps grow the pre frontal cortex, which will help you control your emotions and give you better willpower.

Thats about all it does. THe pre frontal is not the problem in schizophrenia, so your meds are needed.
>>
>>16921233
Obvious shill.

Antipsychotics have been proven to shrink brain matter.

http://www.madinamerica.com/2013/06/antipsychotics-and-brain-shrinkage-an-update/
>>
>>16921254
Im hoping you didnt read "Meditation" as "Medication". I wasnt saying medication grows brain matter.

And either way, yes, anti psychotics are going to have poor side effects. all medicines do, and they are well labelled and carry warnings about whatever they know about.

But your medication is meant to help you, its a trade off.
>>
By becoming medicated schizos
>>
Psychiatry is a joke. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and forcibly medicated against my will with antipsychotics even though I've been an atheist my entire life and have never had any delusions or hallucinations or heard any voices or anything. Meanwhile the average Jesus freak praying to sky daddy is "perfectly normal"
>>
>>16911558
I know that what you seek is possible. My teacher was able to help a man I knew minimize the disruptive/false aspects, while stabilizing both the latent Magickal ability and the benefits of a non neuro-standard brain. Good fortune to you this New Year's Day.
>>
File: 1410624490592.jpg (86KB, 570x774px) Image search: [Google]
1410624490592.jpg
86KB, 570x774px
>>16914952
You might be thinking of psychopaths. Their frontal lobes are atrophied or completely dead.

In comparison the frontal lobe of Schizophrenics is lit up like a Christmas tree.
>>
>>16914952
>Schizophrenia eats away of your brain .
[citation never existed]
Neither did your English skills, CNP. As a "schizophrenic" I think it's funny I have more brain matter laying around that has gone to waste than you ever had to begin with.
>>
This article may be of some interest.

http://www.highexistence.com/rethinking-mental-illness-are-we-drugging-our-prophets-and-healers/
>>
>>16912524
>mylar blankets ($3 on amazon) will block lazer/radio/emf
shiiieet. I learned something useful today. I have about 3 of those.
>>
>>16914833
>Weak guts flora
This probably has great merit.
>>
>>16911558
Go back to tumblr and get the fuck off our board normie.
>>
>>16922013
This article is retarded.
They are not healers or prophets.
They, by the very definition of disease, have deficits and can not function properly.
Most skitzos don't even say wild cool things...
...most just commit self harm, say rhyming nonsense (clang effect), and accuse people of being lampposts.

An yes, brain damage is associated with schizophrenia.
Google "clang effect."
>>
>>16912303
>armchair psychologist-skeptic has no idea how delusions work, stay tuned!
>>
File: sweating anxiously.gif (172KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
sweating anxiously.gif
172KB, 400x400px
>get diagnosed as schizoid
>over a year later slowly develop schizotypal symptoms
>(namely paranoid ideations, "all these people can tell that i'm different and will hurt me or worse because that's what humans do")
>szpd and stpd are extremely comorbid
>probably can't see a doctor until january
>mfw
>>
>>16922093
naw, most people just feel threatened by people who have woken up beyond the bullshit

thus the sheeple label the people talking about scary things schizophrenic so that they have an excuse to drug and lock them away
>>
Schizophrenia happens because of the modern life.

One hundred years ago, the only voices you heard were those of your neighbors, co-workers and family. If you were well off, maybe the nightly news on the radio.

We are now bombarded with near thousands of opinions a day. Not just radio but television, internet, advertisements outside, etc, etc.

Most voices we hear are now artificial. They come from a person sure, but they are not from someone you personally see or even know. They're the narrator of a television series, an announcer in an ad telling you to buy this, a fictional character in a show.

This artificiality of the human voice constructs this schizophrenia. So does the massive amount of all it you hear. Think about it, how many hours of television does the average person watch? Videogames? 24/7 news? I would say even online socialization is artificial in a sense.

A constant barrage of voices, of differing opinion. A constant barrage of epic movies where the hero is a space alien come to save Earf. It must create some sort of disassociation, right? Perhaps the delusion of grandeur.

This seems to be something prevalent in modern times. So does mass consumption of almost 24/7 hyper reality that is media.

The more we go this route also, the more detached we become from the mind-body connection.

That's why you hear these voices, because probably at least half of the voices you do hear or read are, in a sense artificial.

Look at the person who is posting the ahhh mercury is ruler thing. It seems like a familiar trope you would see ad nauseum in many movies, shows and all that.

I would suggest practicing mindfulness in order to fully understand this.
>>
>>16922141
What the fuck. I was just telling my girlfriend last night that I've had this obsession (of thinking people can inherently know that I'm different than them and hate me for it). My mother was officially diagnosed with schizophrenia when she was in her mid 20s and was institutionalized until her 40s. She still has psychosis.

Oh god. I might be schizoid and I didn't even know it.
>>
File: 5578556213_ab34895e5d_o.jpg (330KB, 1204x695px) Image search: [Google]
5578556213_ab34895e5d_o.jpg
330KB, 1204x695px
>>16922093

>They are not healers or prophets

Well, consider what the type of person who writes that kind of article would deem worthy of being called a healer or prophet. Consider that most prophets probably were just mentally ill - and the article has a point.

There's a type of person that's targeted by society for what amounts to brainwashing. They just don't work the 'right' way, so they're not allowed to work any way at all.

>...most just commit self harm, say rhyming nonsense (clang effect), and accuse people of being lampposts

Have you ever dealt with a 'crazy person?' It's so obviously a put on, it's not funny. A defense mechanism against massive social injury. In primitive societies, magic is basically codeword for 'how we justify fighting like monkeys.' We're talking digging up each other's feces - look at modern India, people still obsess over other peoples' excretion.

Imagine being called crazy, like >>16921397 claims to have been, while not actually suffering from any dysfunction. In the end, you're reduced to self-harm to feel any sense of autonomy, repeating mantras that keep your mind on comfortable things or your grudges, and lashing out with a slurry of nonsense - because it doesn't matter what you say.

People don't like losing - there's a reason dopamine receptors, related to sensations of desire and satisfaction, are involved in mental illness. 'Reward' refers to molecular bonding - dopamine receptors accept molecules which cause the cell to transport a signal. Mania is often comorbid with psychosis because psychosis involves excitotoxicity - a neuron intakes too much calcium, and this kills it by overwork.
>>
File: 1294046347263.jpg (61KB, 600x389px) Image search: [Google]
1294046347263.jpg
61KB, 600x389px
>>16922758

Inhibition of neural action occurs in the prefrontal cortex - the part of the brain changed most drastically by psychosis. Drugs such as SSRI's and antipsychotics work by slowing down neural metabolism. The poles aren't Happiness and Sadness; rather, they're Depression and Psychosis. Your brain is either working and happy, or idling and miserable.

Research has proven that Hyenas on the lower parts of the pecking order have shorter telomeres, and are less healthy - social dominance is demanded by mammals for physical health. Psychosis is a defense of homeostasis.

Despite claims to the contrary, mental illness isn't a disease - it's an innate part of your being. During childhood, some of this can bleed into consciousness and produces that sense of magic. This is because a child's brain is developing, and is much less inhibited - they're in a constant low-level psychosis. Fasting, dance and drugs can allow you to 'cut a hole' in your mind, through which psychosis leaks through.

All of this is controlled by biology - psychotic people have psychotic children, and their mental illness is genetic. During the last few hundred years, a pogrom has cleansed every developed country of the most overt of them. The only ones that now remain are those who stay calm in public - the ones that nurture their madness privately.

In other words, evolution is forcing people with overactive brains to figure out how to survive lynch mobs. The same thing happened with the first ape man - he sounded and looked like a retarded homosexual to the apes. The same genes that give us autism and schizophrenia are the ones that fuel 'healthy' thought - you live in a delusional fantasy world of society's making.
>>
File: 1375987356325.jpg (446KB, 1100x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1375987356325.jpg
446KB, 1100x1068px
>>16922760

>An yes, brain damage is associated with schizophrenia

Yes - excitotoxicity involves neuron destruction. But so does normal biological function, period. Apotosis is a normal part of cellular life. The Hayflick limit gives us only twenty or so generations to work with - cancer cells are known for not having this limit. Stem cells exist which constantly differentiate into new neurons - neural decay is caused principally by a gradual loss of building material.

Increase the limit, and suddenly you can keep burning your candle hotter, for longer. A mutation, or longevity treatments might allow this. Mental illness often has rises and falls - the sudden burning through of neurons, and their slow repopulation. Medication does nothing other than shut the brain down - put it into a permanent low metabolic state. It's no wonder that people on SSRI's report low libido, foggy-headedness, and depression.

As I said in >>16915809, " I'd rather die than go back to the way I felt."

There's something called Geschwind syndrome, and one of the symptoms is hypergraphia - and damn do I fit that to a tee. It can also include hyperreligiosity, and hypersexuality - I think I have both of those as well.

>>16922157 sums it up - normal people are threatened when nuts start discussing seemingly invisible things, with an attitude of total manic self-assurance. They don't like that the mentally ill claim to be god - and the reason why they do so is because they *feel* like god.

I could go on forever - and probably will.
>>
>>16911558
>diagnosed with schizo
>as the years progress, schizo gets worse
>starts to associate schizo hallucinations with magic
>asks if magic and meditation is the solution to schizo

no, its not
you were given meds for a reason, and they will help

either you can take them or combat your inner demons that are holding you back in your schizo world by coming back into contact with reality
>>
>>16922758
>Have you ever dealt with a 'crazy person?' It's so obviously a put on, it's not funny. A defense mechanism against massive social injury.
What do you mean by this? Explain further.
>>
File: 1363918442167.jpg (339KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1363918442167.jpg
339KB, 1500x1500px
>>16922835

Why do you obey certain people, while presuming to automatically command others? In other words, why do you obey the police, and tell children what to do? Why not treat them the exact same way?

The ability to create such abstract concepts and connect them to naked physical stimuli is truly miraculous - think about it. This happens via molecules binding to receptors - everything you've ever felt is supposedly the sensation of this occurring. To see, neurons in your eyeball are hit by photons - this changes one molecule into another on the neuronal surface, which causes a series of internal changes that result in a synapse shooting Calcium, Sodium and Potassium - along with a river of molecular neurotransmitters - towards the synapse of another neuron. There, they cause more internal changes that may eventually induce another jet of Ca, Na, K and neurotransmitters to another neuron.

A complex neural net exists within any animal more advanced than a sponge that produces internal feedback loops which mechanistically produce proactive and reactive behavior. With this net, animals can inhibit any pattern of action potentials (What I described just above.)

Social interactions require emulated molecular reactions. Embarrassment hijacks the neurons related to pain. A psychopath doesn't emulate these molecular reactions - he's lost one of the defining hormonal traits of mammals.

Dopamine is one of those neurotransmitters I mention above. It's role is to promote long, web-like, chains of action potentials. I can tell you that during a psychosis, there's no feeling of confusion - in fact, you can feel like an omniscient polymath. You can work for weeks on a project with no sleep.

Once you've experienced it, you instantly know that psychosis exists to allow exactly the kind of neuroplasticity you need to survive in unknown, bizarre situations.
>>
File: 1298545563148.jpg (385KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1298545563148.jpg
385KB, 1600x1600px
>>16923200

When a mammal doesn't receive signals of social approval, it modifies it's behavior to obtain it - brainwashing. If nothing a mammal does gains it social approval, it seeks dopamine reward elsewhere.

In the absence of stimuli, the brain fills in the blanks. At first, surrogates for society are hollow and unsatisfying. It takes Pavlovian conditioning - constant perceived social rejection - for the brain to get desperate enough to initiate the level of neuroplasticity required to get the psychosis-ball rolling.

Once the pre-psychotic recognizes that he's begun to take pleasure in things he was never brainwashed into taking pleasure in, he often experiences radical feelings of dissociation from his old identity (Which can no longer contain his new metaconsciousness) and his society in general. Certain societies have things like shamanism to catch these people - religion is essentially a concession made by the rational to mad men to get them to go away.

The social rejection often sows dark seeds. But the crazy thing is that these seeds are often forgotten in the heat of an episode - you don't care about your grudges unless they come knocking on your door. This lack of interest in other people is one of the defining symptoms of schizophrenia and psychosis.

You realize that something is wrong when the depression melts into a river of strange pleasure - they told you that you were supposed to become more depressed with age. But suddenly, it's like the sexiest, most elite scene you can think of can be found by finding the river's source.

When you start seeing things, you feel very proud of yourself. It's all another step on the spiral staircase to Heaven, away from petty, normal people. You just feel awesome about yourself in every conceivable way, and all your flaws can be accepted because you feel like you can fix them.
>>
>>16923205

It's when those petty, normal people dare not to recognize how wonderful you are that problems start. You know in the back of your head that it's all a game - but you don't care. It's the funnest game ever. And you're going to destroy anyone that threatens to take it away from you.

At that point, it all depends on how smart the psychotic is. Dumb ones, or psychotics with organic damage, never figure out that they aren't gods. Smart ones realize that they can't beat anyone they feel like to death, and rationalize with something like 'My current body can't handle godhood - I need gain power before I dive back into Heaven.'

Social interaction and inclusion are vital for eliminating the cause of the disruptive behaviors. For that matter, if we didn't push people out of society a lot of people would never become psychotic in the first place. When you feel like you can set your sword down, the emotions associated with it slowly fade away. Eventually, you can find yourself back in society again, no worse off than a feeling of absolute and utter hope for salvation.
>>
File: 1386813191788.jpg (46KB, 554x720px) Image search: [Google]
1386813191788.jpg
46KB, 554x720px
>>16923208

In retrospect, religion becomes understandable, even if you don't embrace it afterwards. I really think that a psychotic episode is just what most angsty teens need to get their lifes together - the native Americans induced psychosis by depriving children of the security blanket of the tribe.

When this natural process is stopped, there can be no recovery. The brain physically gets itself ready for a massive cascade of neural activity, and than it gets castrated. This tremendous and literal chemical energy slowly decays, leaking itself little by little into the mind of the sufferer. SSRI's have been proven not to work.

If you go from this sky-high state to mental death, the sense of defeat is so strong that there's no will to recover. What's literally going on is that the dopamine or serotonin that would normally induce action potentials isn't allowed to bind to a receptor. The molecular cascade that leads to the recovery of function never occurs.

Psychosis is, basically, the ultimate dominant behavior, and all organisms seek to display dominant behavior. Our leaders are psychotic - the beat depressed submission into their slaves.
>>
Dignosed paranoid schizo here.

Experienced quite a lot of spiritual events, long story, too much to even begin to tell.
Am in position to refuse all offered drugs.

I realized the potential of the Word of God, the Bible is more powerfull than you think, and you would think it is not for everyone have acces to it.
It is the key to controll paranoias and delusions, and go forward.

But you have to achieve a state where you know that you know nothing, for if not, when you read the Bible you will only see all that the church has told you for ages, and not what the Bible really tells you.
>>
>>16911558
I Spock it out. If something is getting little too illogical I just ask myself, "What would Spock do?" Normally works.

I've been to the wards myself. Felt what you felt and lost what you lost. I don't have it and I don't know if I would want it back. Although I do feel like I'm beginning to crack under pressure. A vacation in the psych ward doesn't sound so bad all of a sudden.
>>
>>16923208
Or you can just ignore what other people think about you and not be a cunt?
>>
>>16922056
Learn what a Faraday cage is, and why that's retarded.
>>
>>16922702
Close.

Schizoid people are disinterested in social connections because they're boring, unnecessary, annoying, etc. Most schizoids just don't feel a social urge/drive.

Schizotypals are disinterested in them because of paranoid ideation like we're discussing.

Avoidants are disinterested because of social anxiety, feeling like anybody who got to know them would just hate them anyway.

You definitely should look into it though. Having a schizophrenic 1st degree relative skyrockets your chances of developing a Cluster A Personality Disorder (which are also considered to be on the schizophrenic spectrum), or just full blown schizophrenia. Stay away from psychedelics.
>>
this is honestly one of the better schizo threads I've seen on /x/, there are some real smart posters

I could easily be diagnosed with schizophrenia if I sought a diagnosis, but luckily my period of mania is a couple years behind me (plus I don't smoke weed anymore, haven't touched it since February)

I dont think schizophrenia is really a mental illness - rather, you just have a different sort of switch in your brain than others that possibly opens yourself up to interdimensional contact. However, the key part to adjusting to it is realizing that you're not special, and you're not the only person to be experiencing this. At my worst, I thought I was the chosen one, which made me act passively arrogant around my "normie" friends and family until I realized I was driving people away. Granted, it did feel like some kind of force was communicating that to me through art, but over time as I got worse and worse and was noticing that nothing in my life was actually changing, the messages I perceived seemed to come less and less, until I felt abandoned and was left with tons of depression and anxiety.

Now that I avoid substances, work hard to save money, and don't feed into my ego, I'm stating to notice that all of the weird synchronicities I used to experience are coming back.

I think a huge part of the quasi-schizo spiritual experience is rise and fall. I have a much older cousin who was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, but he was also hooked on speed which made him believe he was Christ. His life is fucked now, and he'll never recover, which makes me believe the bigger you feed into your delusions, the harder you'll fall for being such a selfish cunt, you know what I mean? I only ever smoked weed and did a few psychs, so my fall was pretty small and self-contained - I graduated college with good grades still, had a few internships, and am saving up money while I figure out where I want to go.
>>
>>16924279
tl;dr you can manage being schiz if you acknowledge the symptoms but challenge them at the same time, quit your developing drug habits and find something positive to direct your mania at, like music, writing etc. I truly believe a lot of successful artists are schizophrenics who found a way to control it. Medication is merely a suppressor and is only necessary for those who are most afflicted.
>>
>>16911558
Some of the posts here are interesting (while others are either odd or outright scary - and not in the good /x/-kind of way). In any case; I for one have no background in psychology or medical sciences, so I can't compare any information here with something I know. I think that's the case with a lot of people in this thread, whether or not they like to admit it.

Taking any advice here would be like taking memory advice from an Alzheimer's patient...

For whatever it's worth; I think this thread should be moved to /sci/ and all claims made by self-proclaimed experts should have citations. For any claims made without reliable and believeable citations, nor explanation of sound logic, becomes trash at the moment of posting.
>>
File: NeverTakeMeAliveCropper.jpg (121KB, 500x229px) Image search: [Google]
NeverTakeMeAliveCropper.jpg
121KB, 500x229px
>>16925170
>>16925224
>>16925250
>>16925312
>>16925337

agenda 2030 calls for 100 vaccines per kid by the year 2030
Mercury / aluminum = radio electric conductors
i data dumped in the autism thread
sry its kind of hard to read :/
>>
File: 42.png (31KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
42.png
31KB, 300x100px
>>16924036
try a emf/microwave detector around mental patients
actually do it and let us know, would be interested.

until then im >>16925385

MK Ultra = Modulation
AM (radio) = amplitude modulation

vaccine + chemtrail + baking soda + fluoride (aluminum waste) + anti perspirent (Sodium aluminum) + coil array matress = radio/electric conductors

all satellites do all day long (all 25,000) is shoot radio

how does an antenna work? Radio excites the electrons of metal
they adjust peoples frequency with metal (even the iron in blood) and microwave/satellite
>>
>>16925398
>vaccine + chemtrail + baking soda + fluoride (aluminum waste) + anti perspirent (Sodium aluminum) + coil array matress = radio/electric conductors
= aluminum, sodium aluminum, and mercury *
>>
>>16924036
wikipedia article on faraday cages:

>A Faraday cage was used in 2013 by the Vatican to shield the Sistine Chapel from electronic eavesdropping during the secret papal conclave to elect the next pope.
>>
>>16911558
>i was stopped by cops and put in jail because of my odd dress and behaviour

they can do this? the fuck? how? where do you live?

schizotypal reporting in btw
>>
>>16926310
hey it's mr donut
>>
>>16924281
im also schizoaffective like op, and i can manage it pretty well as long as the psychotic symptoms and depression aren't going on at the same time or im having a particularly bad day.
i agree that medication helps some, but not others when it comes to psychotic disorders. some people can function fairly well + have a decent level of self awareness and the only action you can take at that point is learning to become comfortable with yourself and find safe outlets
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.