[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Creation of Man

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

What is the origin of man in the Lovecraftian mythos? Best I've been able to discern...

1 Billion Years Ago
- Ubbo-Sathla (Elder Things)
----- Shoggoth
----- Microbial Life

450 Million Years Ago
- Invertebrates/Fish (Elder Thing Experimentation)

370 Million Years Ago
- Amphibians (natural evolution)
----- Miri Nigri (Chaugnar-Faugn)

300 Million Years Ago
- Reptiles (natural evolution)
----- Serpents (Yig)

270 Million Years Ago
- Serpent People (Yig)

225 Million Years Ago
- Dinosaurs (natural evolution)

50 Million Years Ago
- Gyaa-Yothn (created by Serpent People)
- Voormis (created by Serpent People)
- Gnophkehs (created by Rhan-Tegoth?)
- Pre-Humans (natural evolution?)

500 Thousand Years Ago
- Modern Humans (natural evolution?)

Distant Future
- Beetle Folk

Last Days of Earth
- Arachnids
>>
Also, is it ever revealed what the unspeakable horror is that the Elder Things avoid in Antartica?
>>
>Lovecraft

Literally Reddit-tier, nothing more than a bitter and unlikable plagiarist and a ghost-writer.

Lord Dunsany and Poe are ten thousand times better than him, and the true originals (all Lovecraft could do was copy them).
>>
>>16841780
Fuck off /lit/, you're drunk, go home.
>>
>>16841780
gtfo faggot
>>
File: Ubbo Sathla - 1424567285494.jpg (480KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
Ubbo Sathla - 1424567285494.jpg
480KB, 1920x960px
>>16841760
Possibly Ubbo-Sathla? The Proto-Shoggoth and progenitor of all life on Earth which they created and lost control over?

Alot of people seem to think it is Yog-Sothoth.
>>
>>16841671
In lovecraft,s universe we were product of natural evolution, that was changed by the yithians for their own amusement. Once we changed into modern humans they were much less interested in us and left
>>
>>16843298
How did the yithians change us?
>>
>>16843813
Changes to DNA. Remember this was written at the time when a missing link was being sought, and java man wasn't a hoax
>>
>>16843833
I mean, what exactly did they do and at what point? I don't ever recall reading about the Yithians altering human evolution.
>>
>>16845544

If you want the 'cthulhu mythos': Nameless City, The Festival, Call of Cthulhu, Case of Charles Dexter Ward, Colour out of space, Dunwich Horror, Whisperer in Darkness, At the Mountains of Madness, Shadow Over Innsmouth, Dreams in the Witchhouse, Thing on the Doorstep and Shadow out of Time. These all feel like they're in the same universe and some give intriguing alternative history to earth.
>>
File: 014.jpg (86KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
014.jpg
86KB, 1024x681px
I just ordered this via book depository and never read anything by Lovecraft before, I've just always found his concepts interesting.
I know all of Lovecrafts work is available free online but I feel reading it on a screen might take away some of the atmosphere.

Am I missing out on any essential stories that this book might not contain?
>>
>>16847142
If it is the complete fiction, as the title suggest, no. Question is, H.P.L. did a shitton of Collaboration with others, some of it a really good read, is that included as well?
>>
>>16847169
See that's what I don't think is included in this book.

But the con to that is his work with other collaborators is all split up into heaps of different books (which go for $14-$50 each), the only other one I had my eye on was The Necronomicon. No book sites/stores actually list what stories are in each book so I'm not sure if I'm going to be buying the same stories over and over.
>>
>>16847215
Don't get that jokey necronomicon that's black with the sigil on the cover. "The wanderings of al hazred" is much better and feels more like what the true necronomicon would be.
>>
>>16843833
Missing link was never found, and in fact the Lucy skeleton is under question now and the gap is larger.
>>
>>16841671

three versions:
a) all life on earth was created by the Old Ones;
b) all life on earth was born from Ubbo-Sathla;
c) the ancestors of humanity came with Cthulhu (the Mound With Zealia Bishop)
>>
>>16848356
The Necronomicon collection is only meant to be a collection of his stories, not a grimoire. I have the Necronomicon and Eldritch Tales, but now I'm jelly of that complete collection >>16847142 posted.
>>
>>16847142
Thas nice
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.