[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird or irrational fears thread I have a fear of being able

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 10

File: 6719046851_a3a4e65d58_z.jpg (61KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
6719046851_a3a4e65d58_z.jpg
61KB, 640x424px
Weird or irrational fears thread

I have a fear of being able to be seen, but not being able to see who could be seeing me. The thing I hate the most is being inside, in front of a window with the lights on at nighttime. The idea that someone could be a few meters away from the window and I would not be able to see them makes me uncomfortable as fuck. It also stems to shit like when I'm walking home. I'd rather walk through dark streets with no light than what I would a street lit up with surrounding dark areas.

Anyone else like this?
>>
I'm watching you... Always!
>>
>>15609303
Jokes on you it's still daytime sort of.
>>
When I was younger I used to get pretty spooked when a car would go by my house. I could hear them coming from pretty far off and for some reason it would feel so ominous to me. Didn't want them to see me whatsoever. I woud be playing basketball and hear a vehicle coming and stop what I was doing and run behind my house before they passed by so they couldn't see me.

Not the same thing but similar. Jus wanted to let you know you're not alone broooo
>>
File: john339.jpg (374KB, 700x422px) Image search: [Google]
john339.jpg
374KB, 700x422px
>>15609295
>>
File: R7mEhAV.jpg (102KB, 599x807px) Image search: [Google]
R7mEhAV.jpg
102KB, 599x807px
Everyone KNOWS I'm masturbating. EVERYONE.
>>
File: Captured Alien on table.jpg (19KB, 353x302px) Image search: [Google]
Captured Alien on table.jpg
19KB, 353x302px
i'm afraid i might be the anti-christ
>>
>>15609295
>lights on in room and can't see outside through window.

>Skinwalker watching you from outside

All jokes aside i can stand in the darkness knowing that anyone inside my house can't see me standing at the top of my garden when the lights are on but i can see them perfectly.
>>
>fear that one day my fingers will twist in unpleasant ways
>fear that i'm gradually loosing sight, hearing, taste and smell
>fear that i will live to feel my eyes melting
>fear that one day i'll find out i got worms in my brain
>>
>>15609295
I imagine you would have a hard time swimming in dark water.
>>
>>15609295
women and their fucking vaginas
>>
>>15609328
Im afraid you might be a huge faggot
>>
After watching watership down as a kid, I gained the irrational fear of rabbits.
>>
>>15610628
Kek. This movie destroyed many peacful childrens minds. There was another one with cats, do you by chance know the name?
>>
>>15610647. The name was felidae I believe.
>>
>>15609295
I'm 20, and I'm still scared of getting stung by bees.

Not by swarms, just singular bees.

Also I'm still afraid of ghosts.
>>
Gasmasks. They fucking terrify me. Just imagining it being slowly down onto my face and never being able to escape. It's from all the goddamn horror novels, shows... Even seeing them in documentaries and other shit fucking makes me freeze.
>>
I totally understand the whole people outside being able to see you at night. Whenever I'm at home at night, I have to walk around and close the blinds because I feel uneasy knowing that anything that's out there can see right in.
>>
>>15610551
If I know water is 10ft+ I can't do it... I just puss out. Even lakes where the water's all murky, just can't. No way in hell I'm swimming in open ocean. They threw me in the middle of a lake when I was like five and I freaked the fuck out. No telling what's looking at me deciding if I'm food.

>>15610580
Also this.
>>
>>15609295
Looking down stairs when its dark, a combination of my imagination and the knowledge that the stairs down are my only way out.

But fuck my own imagination. Nothing can scare me more I swear.
>>
>>15609306
So?
>>
getting cuts on the underside of my arms.
This next one is oddly specific but my worst one. If I hear someone moving around in my house and i'm listening to music with my headphones on i get too nervous to concentrate if I can't hear well enough to know who's footsteps they are
>>
Uncontrollable freefall. I can go skydiving perfectly fine but if im falling and theres nothung to stop me i freak out. I know its a rational fear but it makes me panic. An irrational fear i have is not getting into a fight. I feel like i have this primal urgeto get into a physical fight to release the tension. Since ive never been in a fight before you csn imagine my distress.
>>
Shower or bathtub drains. Looking at them makes me really uncomfortable, and the idea of accidentally stepping near one, or nicolas cage forbid, on one, is nightmare fuel. I dont think ive ever had a foot within a foot of one.

Also sometimes i get creeped out thinking what if something (anything!) comes out of the toilet at my ass. Specially if it is painful.
>>
Aylliumn, surgery and holes in the skin
>>
>>15611513
How do you feel about pool drains? Because I have the exact same fear of those as you do of bathtub drains. I can't even look at them without feeling really uncomfortable. I swear to God if I ever stepped on one I would have a heart attack.
>>
Whenever I see rocks in the road, I feel that a car might run over it and create a weird amount of pressure that would shoot it in my general direction.

Hangnails. I fear pulling on the skin and pulling back forever.
>>
that every time i sat still and thought about cunt punting a bitch some child in africa gets raped

that is my biggest fear

yet somehow i cannot stop laughing at how obviously real that is
>>
When I go to the bathroom at night I have to check behind the shower curtain first. And I can't sleep with the closet door open.

Also don't like looking down or walking by the dark stairs at night.
>>
>>15609295
I have a fear of touching cigarets and especially cigaret ash. The thought of touching an ashtray or a cig literally gives me the worst chills. I have no Idea how this phobia started. As far back as I an remember I've always felt this way.
>>
I'm occasionally worried I actually have some mild mental condition I'm unaware of like autism/sociopathy/etc. but I was just never diagnosed. I fit in (and am sorta popular) socially and all but at the same time I don't have conversations with near as many people I don't know well already as normal people, not quite the "quiet guy" though.
>>
>>15609295
Get some drapes man
>>15611578
Maybe you have a relative who died of lung cancer, or maybe your mom or something instilled that fear when she told you that they would kill you. Also, *cigarette

I get extremely spooped and paranoid when my house is dead silent at night and I'm the ony one around. It's like if I knew that my house was about to be invaded. It doesn't happen when everyone else is asleep, only when I'm alone, and my new dog helps ease this a bit, but still feels weird to sleep with a house alarm armed and a shotgun near your bed
>>
>>15609317
I'm 24 and I still do that but I am a NEET shut-in so it sort of makes sense
>>
>>15609295
I'm afraid of vacuusing without the TV on or someone else in the room.

It scares the fuck out of me not being able hear anything while I vacuum, because I feel like someone is going to sneak behind me and kill me.
Having the TV on provides comfort, but not as well as having someone there.
>>
Im afraid of droopy labia :O
>>
>>15611513
Have you ever seen or read IT? I haven't gone any nearer than necessary to a sink/shower/any drain in like 20 years.
>>
>>15611513
Also Stephen King has a story (besides IT) about a guy that sees a sorta finger come out of his sink. By the end of the story, the guy is frantic and has called the cops and he sneaks a peek in the bathroom and there's the same thing coming out of the toilet. Haven't taken a shit in peace since.
>>
For the first ten seconds or so after I turn on the blow dryer I always feel like something if going to jump me from behind the shower curtains. Not sure why I get an overwhelming sense of dread every time, but it fades after a few seconds. Might have something to do with the uncomfortably loud noise right next to my ears making it impossible for me to hear anything else nearby.
>>
>>15611578
There are a lot of superstitions about cigarette ash. Most notably that if the ash/cherry gets too long you'll kill the pope lol. I've laughed at this and continued smoking, and had people beat me and try to get the cigarette to ash before it gets too long.
>>
>>15611653
I'm afraid of ducking my head under water without others watching. I used to painstakingly keep my head above the water when I swam alone because I was deathly afraid I'd somehow come back up in the middle of the ocean.
>>
>>15611653
>>15611669

Heh, was going to post this. It's not so bad that I avoid doing it altogether, but it definitely makes me feel uneasy when I'm all alone. I don't want anything sneaking up on me. Likewise, if I'm listening to music with headphones on I'll position myself in a way that I'll be able to see anyone coming up to me.
>>
>>15609295

I have a fear of balloons.
>>
>>15611725
>>15611676

I'm also afraid of closing my eyes in the shower, like if I have to wash or wipe my face, I'm afraid I'm going to open them up and something will be there.
>>
>>15609295
I'm afraid the NSA is watching what I do online but I am not able to see them monitoring me. It makes me uncomfortable as fuck.
>>
Falling asleep when I'm sick. Afraid I'll die while sleeping under nyquil
>>
>>15611737
Actually I used to live in a house that weird shit happened in. First thing that happened to me was someone said something just outside the shower while I had shampoo in my eyes and when i finally looked, no one was there... shower time was forever ruined.
>>
I'm morbidly terrified of fire alarms.
>>
>>15611737
Shower spiders.
They freak me out too.
>>
>be me
>hypochondriac
>general anxiety/panic
>spend hours everyday worrying that I'm dying
>hear noise outside at night, obviously murderous psychopath
>sodium light in pool area changes hue slightly, mistake for the onset of an aneurysm
kill me
>>
>>15611860
Haha the change in hue was because it was haunted and the aneurysm is because you became one with it and your brain changed itself to accommodate them

That's what you get for swimming in a pool of chlorine

lel
>>
File: Ogre spider2.jpg (193KB, 901x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Ogre spider2.jpg
193KB, 901x1000px
>>15611845
You have to set up webs first
in your brain
>>
>>15611872
joke's on you
I was in the hot tub
>>
File: Ogre Spider.jpg (49KB, 900x599px) Image search: [Google]
Ogre Spider.jpg
49KB, 900x599px
>>15611845
>>15611873
Now here's a real spider

>>15611879
You go in there often? With ghosts?
>>
File: flamingodemon.png (1MB, 1093x1581px) Image search: [Google]
flamingodemon.png
1MB, 1093x1581px
Well, I have one... Warning: wall of text ahead.
There's a mysterious beggar haunting the Moscow metropolitan, elusive and frightening almost like a ghost. He's mostly known under a common nickname "Pink Flamingo" (or simply "Flamingo"). OC picrelated.
He's a rather creepy dude - has only one leg, always wears strange light-colored (often pinkish) clothes, a hood that covers his entire face (some people say that he looks really young under it, 28-30yo maybe, although a bit worn-out and not in a really good condition), bends and hunches over, heavily leaning on two strangely short crutches, and though lacking one leg he has a large body, his arms impressively muscular, and he seems very strong and nimble as for a cripple.
Also, he behaves a bit too aggressive and impudent for a beggar - he can hit your leg with a crutch to ask for cash, easily push you away from his path with a single shove, and he moves very fast considering the fact that he has only one leg and forces his way through the crowd with crutches. Some people are scared shitless by him because he looks weird and scary, and really likes to stand in front of a person and look them directly into the eyes, until they run away from him or give him money. Sometimes he also likes to act cool - if a person refuses to give him money, he will pull out a coin from his "purse" and give it to said person. Their reactions can be hilarious xD
>>
File: 1407398281187.jpg (51KB, 843x526px) Image search: [Google]
1407398281187.jpg
51KB, 843x526px
>>15611513
>tfw using heel as the water "blocker" when taking a bath
>>
>>1561192
That's disgusting just use a shirt
>>
I cant sleep without footed pajamas because of my fear of something grabbing my feet.

captcha: rapin
>>
>>15611934
That's actually a valid concern
Many women feel that way
>>
>>15611737
This shit haunted me for years..
When I was a kid, my neighbors told me about this friend they had. He was taking a shower, hair covered in shampoo when he heard something and he decided to open his eyes. There, in front of him, a boy of similar age was standing looking at him dead in the eye. The kid asked him 'who are you?' and the mysterious boy remained silent. As water continued hitting the kids face and rinsing the shampoo off, he had to wipe it off with his hands. When he opened his eyes again the mysterious kid was gone.
Worst part was that when my neighbors told me, they were serious as shit and ended the story saying something like 'it's freaky cause Jimmy's an honest kid. He wouldn't lie about shit like that'. I was scared of closing my eyes for years after that shit.
>>
my basement terrifies me i always feel like im being watched down there and always run out
>>
most of these fears
>the dark
>being watched
>losing sense
>>
>>15612025
> spiders
>>
File: ohwell.gif (3MB, 416x440px) Image search: [Google]
ohwell.gif
3MB, 416x440px
>>15611747
Aren't they? I've already gotten used to the idea that the government or whatever is everywhere and they're always watching, so it doesn't bother me anymore.

>>15609295
This used to bother me too, but then I often forget that the window is wide open and think "Well if whoever is out there wants to kill me, they would have already done so, right?"

It's kinda boring not being afraid of things anymore.
>>
>>15609295
that's rational
if you're being seen by someone you can't see you're vulnerable to attacks
it's like a predator that stalks the prey
it's like a prey who suspects there's predator stalking
evolution man
>>
When im in public restrooms alone i get anxious and scared and also the sound of the flush kinda makes me want quickly wash my hands and run out.
>>
I get scared after reading /x/
>>
>>15609317
I used to do the samething as well, and it wasn't for fun, maybe a rush? When I would fail and become seen(which was rare) I would feel very insecure for a split second
>>
>>15611395
Same
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.