[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Faaip De Oiad story

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 13

File: 0.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
Another thread just reminded me of this and it's a perfect storm of /x/ topics.

So you might know the band Tool made a song called Faaip De Oiad and used the 'Area 51 caller' audio from Coast to Coast in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83R54yAB5Cw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee3bld4lTG0

Well a story showed up on a tool fansite supposedly from someone involved in the making of the album, and it's extremely interesting.

>"Shortly after the release of Tool’s ‘Lateralus’ CD, late-night talk radio personality Art Bell began to receive thousands of emails from listeners informing him that their favorite band had used a sound-clip from his show on their latest CD. A few days later, Art obtained a copy of Lateralus and for the next week or so began to express an interest in doing an interview with the writer of the band’s website (me) or any of the band members themselves about their experiences at the perimeter of Area 51 and the connection with the last track on Lateralus entitled Faaip de Oiad. Sometime later Art sent me an email asking if I "and perhaps another" would agree to do an interview on his Coast to Coast AM program. I suggested to Art that Danny do the interview with me, as he was the band member that was the most knowledgeable on the subject, and because Faaip de Oiad was his personal piece on Lateralus. Due to problems in scheduling (the band was touring at the time), and the personal problems that were soon to plague Art, the interview never occurred. Art has since retired due to medical problems, but had the interview taken place, this, the untold story behind Faaip de Oiad, is what Danny and I would have discussed.

Cont...
>>
>It was many years ago that a certain reverb unit of Danny’s began acting rather strangely, emitting a sound as it went funny (i.e. malfunctioned?) that so fascinated him, that it, perhaps, inspired a song title. It was during that night, as Danny frantically rushed about the loft to sample the machine’s death-throes that I knew he would someday put the damn thing on a recording. But, like I said, this was many years ago. Moments later (the deed done) we were back up at the makeshift bar in the place, having a beer or twelve pack or two, and the whole thing was forgotten. Or at least I had forgot about it. When Lateralus was still in the writing/arranging stage, and it came time for Danny to start thinking about ‘his’ piece - something on the lines of ‘IONS’ from AEnima, but a bit more elaborate, I suggested that he do something using the Enochian (or Angelic) language of Dr. John Dee and Edward Kelley’s occult experiments with extradimensional intelligences (if that’s what they in fact were). Initially Danny seemed to like the idea, enough so that I quickly began to write out some verses in the Enochian language that he (or, better yet, Maynard) could vocalize. We thought that using a vocoder would create the most powerful effect (especially with the 20 frequency band Sennheiser VSM-201 analog vocoder that Danny owns, this being the famous model used by Kraftwerk and others{including the voices of the droids on the film Star Wars}, of which there are only a few [3 is the number that I’ve heard] in the world. (NOTE: the Sennheiser vocoder takes a carrier sound such as a synth waveform, etc. and articulates that sound with a person’s voice or other incoming audible signal that can analyzed via the 20 channels of band-pass filters to achieve unique sounds and multi-modulations). Accompanied by the broken (?) reverb unit and with Danny’s various vintage synths, we thought the effect could be truly haunting.
>>
>But things don’t always go according to plans. Although I had written the Enochian verses, there was a sudden push to get Lateralus finished, and the complexities of doing the track as it was originally planned were outweighed by other considerations. Also, as I mentioned earlier, the Enochian piece didn’t seem to fit with the rest of Lateralus. Having already given Danny my cassette copy of the ex-employee on the "Area 51 Caller Line" from Art’s Coast to Coast AM show, he decided to use it in the background of a piece he wrote using the noise of the "higher-evolved’ machine [i.e. defective reverb unit] he sampled along with some nice touches he added with his EMS Synthi AKS (another very rare piece of equipment). And so that’s what was recorded (at the loft studio) for the Lateralus CD. Now, if you think that the series of coincidences surrounding the "triangulated" Art Bell caller were strange, wait until you hear about what happened to me as I was working on the Enochian verses (which, at the time, Danny was still planning on using for ‘his’ piece on the recording).

>This part of the story occurred in January of 2000, several days after the "Y2K" flop. I was back in the Midwest, in the small town of O’Fallon, Illinois, celebrating my mother’s birthday. After the holidays, I had a few days with little to do in my sleepy hometown before returning to Los Angeles. I would spend most of the day and nights in my parent’s house (before they moved) working on the correct pronunciations of my Enochian verses. I had several Enochian Dictionaries with me, and each contained a discussion and system (or guidelines) on how to pronounce Enochia, something that few if any occultists or language scholars know for sure. (NOTE: as with most systems of magick, the slightest error, whether with a Call, an invocation/evocation or the construction of a sigil, can be potentially disastrous to the operator.)
>>
>Among other sources, I had GMICALZOMA by Leo Vinci, a special edition of THE GOETIA translated by Aleister Crowley (?), THE COMPLETE ENOCHIAN DICTIONARY by Laycock and Skinner, A TRUE AND FAITHFUL RELATION... edited by Meric Casaubon and THE ENOCHIAN WORLD OF ALEISTER CROWLEY by Duquette and Hyatt (Ph.D). Working with another person who had a great deal of knowledge on the subject, we had previously decided upon which pronunciation to use for reasons which I shall not explain at this time. For three days and nights I practiced the Calls, or, to be more accurate, the verses that I had assembled, for that is what they were, each time without feeling or visualizing the slightest thing. In short, I wasn’t in any way attempting to skry in the Aethyrs or to summon the Enochian denizens, whatever they were. I was just trying to learn the pronunciation so that I could teach it to Danny, or Maynard, or whoever was going to sing/recite the verses through the vocoder. For those interested, the verses were: ENOCHIAN WITH ENGLISH TRANSLATION: "TORZU!/ Arise! AAO HUBARDO TIBBP/ Amongst the lanterns of sorrow. TZAMRAN/ Appear AAF NOR MOLAP/ Amongst the sons of men IZIPOP/ From the highest vessels, FOARGT VRAN/ The dwelling place of the elders LUCIFTIAS PIRIPSOL/ In the brightness of the heavens." Having a plane to catch the next morning, I put away my notes and went to bed around 2:00 am. I had been sleeping soundly the other nights in my parent’s house, but on this particular night, I suffered (the word I choose to use here) an incredibly lucid and disturbing dream (if, in fact, it was a dream - I’m still not sure). This dream or vision seemed to involve something that was attempting to overpower me in some way. I tried to fight off the astral attack, or whatever it was that wanted me to surrender to it, but I felt somewhat paralyzed, with my flailing arms stuck, to use Whitley Strieber’s words, in "electrified tar."
>>
>The thing I saw is almost impossible to describe. It seemed to be some elaborate geometric construction, a bit like the qabalistic Tree of Life diagram, but somehow different. Actually, it seemed like a pyramid or structure of sorts that was composed of smallish beings, horribly clownlike and mechanized, who were juggling orbs of luminous multicolored energy in an extremely fast and deft manner. The whole thing was completely alien to my mind, and if it was attempting to communicate something to me, whatever it was I hadn’t the faintest idea. The motion of the orbs of ‘energy’, the strange geometry of the living construction, and the vividity of the unusual colors all made me feel rather dizzy. I remember suddenly waking up feeling out of breath, the colors of whatever it was still burned into my retinas. I thought I had suffered a nightmare, but I remember laughing to myself and saying in a faint voice: "Goddamn, that shit really works." What struck me the most funny was the idea of Enochian entities parading around in my parents’ house. After checking the time (It was around 4:20 AM I remember) and scribbling down what I perceived, I soon fell back asleep. The next morning, I woke up and had a friend drive me to the airport. On the flight home, I didn’t think too much about the dream or vision, about what caused it or what it might have meant. I was just glad to be going back to the warmth of southern California. After landing at LAX, I grabbed a shuttle van and within an hour was back in my apartment. I remember that the first thing that I did was to turn on my Sangean ATS 818 cs radio (yes, I’m smiling too), to see who Art Bell had on the show as I unpacked and checked my mail and phone messages.
>>
>Well, Art’s guests that night turned out to be two police officers from small Midwestern towns. In fact, they were from the very place that I had just returned from. I quickly realized that they were talking about some kind of major UFO event that had occurred in St. Clair County, Illinois and at approximately (I could justifiably say exactly) the same time that I suffered from the bizarre ‘dream’ which, perhaps, was the result of my experimenting with the Enochia.

Sauce:
https://toolnavy.com/showthread.php?t=75793
>>
File: sethpic.gif (32KB, 342x246px) Image search: [Google]
sethpic.gif
32KB, 342x246px
>>15599797

I read this a few years ago and it was incredibly fascinating.

What he's describing is extremely similar (albeit quite a bit more terrifying) to what McKenna talks about the DMT machine elves.
>>
>>15599833
Yeah, noticed that too.

And what does all this imply about Enochain magic in the military industrial complex? Maybe that's what's really going on in places like Area 51.
>>
>>15599936

Pretty big leap to make there - why would it say anything about the Military Industrial Complex?
>>
>>15599953
Tool using the Area 51 caller audio in a song about Enochian magic. And it is about them making contact with extra dimensional beings. The babalon working was also enochian, and that was about making an entrance to another dimension.
>>
>>15600101

Are you suggesting the military is interested in Enochian magic is what I'm asking.
>>
Said "Enochian Entities" do sound a lot like many "outer" or "extradimensional" entities on literature and dogmas of all kinds, ranging from fiction to religion, from Lovecraft to Christianity.
Just my 2 cents
>>
>>15600138
It seems to be suggesting it. I'm just pointing it out.

If i had to say whether or not i believe it, it would explain a lot.
>>
>>15600193

I liked the idea of the Babalon Working opening a portal. LAM certainly looks exactly like a "typical" grey.
>>
They should have tried something like this alongside an octatonic scale arranged system.
What are the implications of 4:20 am? I tend to awake/ get asleep around this time whenever I get that kind of visions.>>15600138
>>
>>15600216
Didn't meant to quote
>>
File: raughing.png (80KB, 158x204px) Image search: [Google]
raughing.png
80KB, 158x204px
>>15600216
>what are the implications of 4:20 AM
ayyyyy
>>
File: best korea.jpg (92KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
best korea.jpg
92KB, 400x300px
>>15600138

The military is interested in any kind of magic, and always has been. Read "The Men Who Stare At Goats" by Jon Ronson.

Anything from stage magic and sleight-of-hand tricks to full-blown Enochian evocation rituals; if it might offer an advantage on the battlefield, you can bet your arse that there's some alphabet agency or special operations battalion currently trying to make it work.

There was a thread here not too long ago (maybe a month back?) where the OP made some very convincing claims that upwards from a certain rank, the CIA were basically just an occult brotherhood who swapped out black robes and candles for lab coats and computers.
>>
File: no fucking way man.png (2KB, 196x163px) Image search: [Google]
no fucking way man.png
2KB, 196x163px
>>15600249

That filename is lacist.
>>
>>15599936
>>15600101
>>15600138
Do you guys know about NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory and it's founder Jack Parsons? He conducted the Babalon Working while working as a rocket scientist. In fact, his OTO training is what led him to want to work in space travel.
>>
>>15600416
Do you know the Area 51 caller says a precursor to the space program was the first to get into contact with the extradimensional entities, and that just happens to be what Jack Parsons was involved.with.
>>
love this band and everything that Maynard does. am actually listening to a perfect circle as i saw this thread
>>
>>15600436
That's what I'm talking about man. There's so much shit the government/military/NASA is involved with that we can't even comprehend. If I could, I would devout my whole life to researching this kind of stuff.
>>
>>15600746
> Did you know there is open-source proof that life evolved on mars, died, and was fossilized long before life on Earth began? I'm a Christian btw. If there's interest, I'll post the link to the paper. You just have to know where it is.
>>
File: eva green.jpg (429KB, 1920x2880px) Image search: [Google]
eva green.jpg
429KB, 1920x2880px
>>15600757

Expression of interest right here. SFW tits for your trouble.
>>
>>15600757
Definitely interested. Do you have the link?
>>
File: am0820032004.jpg (97KB, 592x988px) Image search: [Google]
am0820032004.jpg
97KB, 592x988px
>>15600770
>especially for you because it was Eva Green.

"Magnetofossils from Ancient Mars: a Robust Biosignature in the Martian Meteorite ALH84001"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC123990/

CONCLUSIONS
Perhaps the most profound implication of this study is that approximately one-quarter of the magnetite crystals embedded in the carbonate assemblages in Martian meteorite ALH84001 require the intervention of biology to explain their presence. No single inorganic process or sequence of inorganic processes, however complex, is known that can explain the full distribution of magnetites observed in ALH84001 carbonates. Under these circumstances, our best working hypothesis is that early Mars supported the evolution of Martian biota that had several traits (e.g., truncated hexa-octahedral magnetite and magnetotaxis) consistent with the traits of contemporary magnetotactic bacteria on Earth.
>>
>>15600793
Much appreciated
>>
the story is interesting. too bad that tool sucks, though
>>
>>15600793

Considering the recent revelations from Curiosity regarding methane and chlorine (significant because they're organic compounds, for anyone who didn't already know that) in the Martian atmosphere, it's really beginning to look like Mars was quite the petri dish at one time or other.
>>
File: yeecake.jpg (36KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
yeecake.jpg
36KB, 500x395px
You faggots realize the guy called back right?

when he called back he said everything was a fucking hoax.

>/x/

pathetic what this board is becoming. Nothing to see here friends.

here have some yee
>>
File: no dee dee, not that button.jpg (47KB, 499x600px) Image search: [Google]
no dee dee, not that button.jpg
47KB, 499x600px
>>15600836

You, faggot, realise the OP isn't even really referring to the infamous "Area 51 Caller", except in passing, right?

when he made later posts, he went on to relate a narrative about somebody from Tool's production team believing they were visited by Enochian entities that they inadvertently summoned in the lyrics to one of the songs on the upcoming album.

>/you/

pathetic what your attention span and reading comprehension are becoming. No wonder you don't have friends.

here have some dee
>>
>>15600836
Also, it was not the same caller that called back.
>>
File: crybitchnigga.jpg (27KB, 388x384px) Image search: [Google]
crybitchnigga.jpg
27KB, 388x384px
>>15600863
pathetic. If you read OP's post and know anything about making music or the band tool you'd know he's a fucking retard.

fucking faggots are ruining this board. gtfo.
>>
File: dj jellyfish.png (66KB, 350x380px) Image search: [Google]
dj jellyfish.png
66KB, 350x380px
>>15600913

>I cherrypicked the words Art Bell from OP's greentext and proceeded to embarrass myself, now I've gone and read it and am attempting to control the damage by acting like I know anything at all

FTFY

Seriously, stop posting.

Back on topic (more or less), anyone else ever witness a thing similar to this pic while listening to music on psychedelics?
>>
>>15600921
>is the one damage controlling
>gets mad because no one buys his shit theory

op it's time to stop posting. You and the Yu Gi Oh tarot bullshit need to go.
>>
File: 1250131192678.png (64KB, 400x375px) Image search: [Google]
1250131192678.png
64KB, 400x375px
>>15600926

I'm not OP, you hilariously retarded mouthbreather.

Does "damage control" mean something other than "pretending you didn't fuck up" on your planet?
>>
>>15600933
Why must you get so angry? OP's theory is retarded. Go back to yu gi oh tarot threads. Those fags will believe anything.
>>
File: iknowyourenotserious.jpg (18KB, 614x555px) Image search: [Google]
iknowyourenotserious.jpg
18KB, 614x555px
>>15600936

>mfw you think I'm "angry"

OP doesn't even have a "theory", you dummy. Show me where he outlines some kind of hypothesis of his own. Go ahead and do it.
>>
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-137526.html
>>
>>15600921
>Back on topic (more or less), anyone else ever witness a thing similar to this pic while listening to music on psychedelics?

Sort of, but no drugs other than SSRIs. I had a terrifying and vivid dream where a creature like that and many smaller ones began to cover the sky and consume the earth. Thanks for reminding me. Lol

What is this picture from?
>>
>>15600836
They've been able to simulate human voices since the 70's, and they certainly would to help cover this up.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.