[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey X, Had a tour through my local Freemason Lodge and took some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 10

File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Hey X,
Had a tour through my local Freemason Lodge and took some pictures.
Overall I'm still pretty confused what the fuck it's all about but if anyone wants to see the stuff inside and give some interpretations just let me know!
>>
What's the obsession with King Solomon can anybody tell me? There's statues and whatnot throughout the place.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>15587634
Forgot pic
>>
Anybody interested?
>>
>>15587634
Solomon's Temple is what the rituals are based on.
>>
File: 220px-John_Dee_Ashmolean.jpg (13KB, 220x265px) Image search: [Google]
220px-John_Dee_Ashmolean.jpg
13KB, 220x265px
>>15587634

Reflect upon his name. Sol. Om. On.

He was not a real man.
>>
>>15587849
Wut.
>>
>>15587856
>>15587856

Sun worship my friend
>>
>>15587856

Three names of God taken from 3 different mystery religions.
>>
>>15587862
>>15587863
What's that got to do with King Solomon being real?
It's not like he was worshiped, or even revered in the end.
>>
>>15587865

Like nearly all religious text, his name is a symbol and his story is an allegory.
>>
>>15587849
>Sol. Om. On

Sol. O. Mon. Sun and moon. Archetypal names are prevalent in a lot of biblical times and prior records of history. His first given name could have been anything but once someone names you something else, it can stick.
>>
File: 3csVuay.jpg (47KB, 500x750px) Image search: [Google]
3csVuay.jpg
47KB, 500x750px
>>15587870

This is incorrect.
>>
>>15587867
Maybe. But he built a temple to monotheism? This just doesn't quite add up to me.
>>
>>15587871

Okay. Wholly or in part?
>>
>>15587873

The temple is also allegory.

Have you ever wondered why the sides of your head are called 'temples' ?

Your body/brain *is* the temple.
>>
>>15587878
That's in modern English. Sure. Probably not in ancient Hebrew when the story was written.
Your implication is also that it's all an allegory, and the ruined temple in Jerusalem does not actually exist.
>>
File: 23124124.jpg (80KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
23124124.jpg
80KB, 512x512px
If masons are all about Solomon and other desert faggotry, then why do they let Norse/Celtic/Baltic pagans and shit in?
>>
>>15587630
got any pictures of the crown and daggers in the throne room? I used to have some, but i cant seem to find them.

how did you get a tour through a mason lodge, by the way? that shit is allegedly kept secret. I had a friend that was hired to clean one take pictures for me one day. he was told to NOT open the barred doors to the lower level, that they referred to as "the dungeon". did you get to go into the dungeon?
>>
>>15587878

I've seen why they are called temples. I've seen divine line pour out of my temples and a cool, sweet liquid of non-physical nature drip down it as well. Upon seeing it I knew that the source of that light was incorruptible. I was on DMT but I was more sober than not.
>>
>>15587880
Why not?
>>
>>15587875

Neat. I broke through on DMT a few years ago and it was incomprehensibly spectacular. I brought very little back, but I remember the sense of being 'home' in the most true sense. I also felt a strong motherly presence, and that vocal bubble starting from the pit of my stomach that McKenna talked about.
>>
>>15587885

Wouldn't the faiths too radically different to exist side by side? I know I'm ignorant, sorry.
>>
>>15587634
he wanted to cut babies in half and obv this cult likes that shit
captcha: ffart
>>
>>15587889
You're not allowed to talk religion. It's just accepted that you have one, and that's all that matters.
>>
>>15587895
Ohh, I thought religious talk was a huge part of it. I guess just objective, sacred geometry type shit is allowed?
>>
>>15587901
Yep. Dead religions can be discussed for their educational value though.
>>
File: SA Grand Lodge.jpg (456KB, 1024x684px) Image search: [Google]
SA Grand Lodge.jpg
456KB, 1024x684px
>>15587630
Did you go to the South Australian Grand Lodge?
>>
>>15587954
>Flag on the right
Is that for the abos?
>>
File: 1407276737780.jpg (17KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
1407276737780.jpg
17KB, 350x233px
not OP, confirmed SA&NT Grand Lodge display apron though...
>>
>>15588131
a) fuck off cunt
b) house of the holy afro nextdoor sounds like a chill place to hang out
>>
>>15588160
Well what is it for? It's not the state one.
>>
>>15587630
Our local lodge did a tour recently, but they charged $80 per visitor, no cameras allowed.
>>
>>15588172
>Charging
>That much
>And not even allowing pictures
I hope no one came. Those kikes are a disgrace if it's true.
>>
>>15587881
Why not go and open them? Unless it's for health reasons i.e full of asbestos then they couldn't stop you
>>
>>15588173
I know, this was in Toowoomba so not even an incredibly substantial one. I'm really sad I didn't get to see it.
Maybe they were offering free food and wine. I dont remember reading it on the notice.
>>
I mean I can see why they charged so much, to weed out jokers. But geese, those must be some expensive party favors.
>>
>>15588181
Eighty is still an absurd amount.
>>
>>15587954
Has to be. The floor is rectangular, so not QLD, it's checkerboard, so not NSW or Vic, and wrong style for Tas or WA.

>>15588172
>>15588173
>>15588181
http://www.toowoombaopenhouse.com.au/index.html
http://www.toowoombaopenhouse.com.au/masonic-centre.html
Must have been somewhere else. We did everything for free. Not to mention that it's open to the public anyway, and pictures were encouraged.
>>
>>15588131
Northern Territory flag. No idea why it's there.
>>
File: Le Unscrupulous Merchant.jpg (79KB, 697x900px) Image search: [Google]
Le Unscrupulous Merchant.jpg
79KB, 697x900px
>>15588183
>Charging money for magic
>Paying money for magic
>2014
2 minutes to midight
>>
>>15588198
Because it's Grand Lodge of SA and NT.
Not that many Lodges, or even towns in NT, so not sizable enough for it's own jurisdiction.
Cairns might have a district GL, though.
>>
>>15588186

Watch out, next they'll be holding open sermons and organising a newsletter.

I love how blase the Masons are about basically becoming Diet Catholics. Don't get me wrong, I respect the Craft a great deal, but there's hiding in plain sight and then there's just blindly repeating history.
>>
File: screen480x480[1].jpg (52KB, 360x480px) Image search: [Google]
screen480x480[1].jpg
52KB, 360x480px
>>15588216
Well this is awkward... Twofer in pic related.

Though I confess I don't quite understand your concern.
>>
File: bill nye the suggestion guy.jpg (45KB, 300x301px) Image search: [Google]
bill nye the suggestion guy.jpg
45KB, 300x301px
>>15588220

I mean the whole basis of Masonry is the idea of brotherhood, which stems from the secrecy surrounding the meanings of the symbols and the events of the rituals. Brothers know, others don't.

Beyond that, it is literally just another Abrahamic religion that pretends not to be Jewish, and so it doesn't take a genius to see that the Jews probably had a similar idea as the Masons when they first started the Talmudic tradition - they were just trying to build something that would last.

So if you keep the rituals need-to-know, but let anybody see the symbols (without adequately explaining them, of course) what's the difference between Masonry and Judaism or Catholicism? They both have teams of brothers who do secret business together and manage public access, and their guys even get paid.

It's like the secrecy was your brand, where the Christians have a dead hippy and the Jews have the original copyright. Every step towards transparency is power subtracted from the brand, when it comes down to it.
>>
>>15588250
That is a few good points, and you certainly hit the nail on the head in the end (not so much the religion bit, or the differences, but the rest). And absolutely something every jurisdiction across the world is struggling with.

But it was never about the secrecy. That was just a result of protectionism against various things through the ages. It was about a guided system of education, which still has relevance in itself, but given that literally everything is available online, you have to question the necessity.
>>
>>15588131
no it's not for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_the_Northern_Territory
>>
My grandpa was one for a few years, he got out when I was really little. I never really understood it.
But later in life he'd mention it, and how much he hated all those guys.

But I know a guy who's a member of a different lodge, and is a pretty cool guy.
But I think my grandpa was right. "It's a room full of arrogant sons of bitches that had to join a club to get friends, otherwise nobody'd stand to be around them."
>>
>>15588557
Sounds like he's the one who can't make friends. Or didn't understand why people join.
>>
>>15588579
Eh, i think it was the lodge he joined.

The other lodge, which the other guy is a part of, hates the one my grandpa was in to.

I think he went in from a preaching background, and mainly disliked how different their view of god was. That's my best guess.
>>
>>15588589
That makes sense. There's always going to be bad apples in a big enough group.
Especially if they were talking religion. He was right to dislike them.
>>
>>15588264
This guy always asks these questions, but never tries to find the answers for himself. It's such a cheap game to him: prove everything to me here and now or it doesn't real.

How about you climb off of 4chan and out of your falsely lofty comfort zone, faggot?
>>
>>15588592
I've seen their lodge. They are weird.
I was not allowed inside, but they basically decorated it like an Egyptian tomb from what I saw. (I stood in the doorway and got booted out, I had no idea I had walked into their actual lodge)

The other lodge, which I've seen pictures of, is pretty much like any other one. It's decorated, but it seems pretty "non-denominational".

So who knows.
>>
>>15587887

When you raise your kundalini to the level of third eye completely, your pineal gland is allowed to function fully and release DMT at its proper amount (which is ALOT). That is what 6/7 of enlightenment feels like all the time.
>>
>>15588594
But I didn't ask a question... Just agreed with that dude's valid points about modernity.

>>15588589
Hah, sounds like a few here. Lodges which you just don't visit unless you're a lawyer or accountant. Social climbing circle-jerkers.
Sounds like your grandpa had the type pegged.
>>
>>15588631
Probably.
I had no idea, but pretty much every rich person within a hundred mile radius of me is part of the weird lodge.
The other one is way smaller, and is full of lawyers.
>>
>>15587881
>>15587881
Hi all, OP here. I left the thread because I thought nobody was interested! I don't know about crown and daggers but I have pictures of the ritual rooms. As far as I'm aware this place didn't have a "throne room" or dungeon. There was an entire floor we weren't shown through due to "health and safety reasons" though. Apparently they need install fire sprinklers in there even though there were none throughout the whole building.
And correct, as someone mentioned before this is the SA Grand Lodge something a rather. Magnificent building. They do guided free tours every Thursday 2pm was how I got in.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.