[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PAGANTHREAD - FUG U MOM :DD EDITION

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 253
Thread images: 46

File: image.jpg (117KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 500x386px
Last Pagan thread be DED.
All Paganshit here, as usual no Satanists or Atheists, you aren't pagan.

How's everyone's day been?
>>
>>14888974
My day's been pretty bloody good over in Australia. Where are my /pg/ mates at?
>>
File: 1403764482510.jpg (115KB, 1600x860px)
1403764482510.jpg
115KB, 1600x860px
Groggy pagan bump
>>
File: image.jpg (280KB, 1270x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
280KB, 1270x1136px
>>
So, how about those Lokeans, so persecuted amirite?
>>
File: >Pagans.png (64KB, 980x484px) Image search: [Google]
>Pagans.png
64KB, 980x484px
>>14889518
>>
File: image.jpg (92KB, 491x491px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92KB, 491x491px
>>14890592
>advocating Abrahamic Religions
>calling others Jews
>>
File: The Christ.png (138KB, 881x703px) Image search: [Google]
The Christ.png
138KB, 881x703px
>>14890627

Daily reminder.
>>
File: Reminderpng.png (217KB, 315x317px) Image search: [Google]
Reminderpng.png
217KB, 315x317px
>>14890640
>>
File: Redpill.png (637KB, 573x1552px) Image search: [Google]
Redpill.png
637KB, 573x1552px
>>14890657
>>
File: Oy vey!.jpg (10KB, 165x247px) Image search: [Google]
Oy vey!.jpg
10KB, 165x247px
>>14890660
>>
>this is what /pol/ actually believes

Don't you have an entire forum to shit up with your Christian Identity stupidity?

Or is your god Not called Yaweh and your Messiah Yeshoah
>>
File: >Antisemitism.png (2MB, 1000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
>Antisemitism.png
2MB, 1000x3000px
>>14890676
>>
>>14890665
>>14890660
>>14890657
>>14890640
>>14890592
>>14889518

You know there's an Abrahamic general right?
One that pagans don't bother with because we aren't as insecure as you

>having an entire folder on your computer of excuses for your religions origin

Captcha: vacyboa hephzibah
>>
what's a norse pagan do
>>
>>14890685
>>>/pol/
>>
>>14890692
Takes care of their family and friends. Works to be highly regarded in their community, and takes care of their land. In their quiet moments or on special occasions they make offerings to the gods and spirits of the land/nature.
>>
>>14890701
why
>>
>>14890701
What part of that doesn't seem like a good idea to you?
>>
File: Stuff.jpg (65KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
Stuff.jpg
65KB, 500x375px
Let's be honest. Christian, pagan, or atheist, we're all just slaves to the god of consumerism. Until we figure out how to break free of that cult, there's no point in bickering with one another.
>>
Well, this thread devolved into /pol/ shit unusually fast. Summer camp must have ended early today.
>>
File: ???.jpg (3KB, 64x71px)
???.jpg
3KB, 64x71px
>>14890729
>god of consumerism
>>
>>14890729
Pseudo-intellectuals pls go
>>
>>14890729
Outside of Mjolnir Pendants and Metal Albums most Heathens are pretty damn anti-consumerist.

>who is Alain de Benoist
>Buddhism =/= materialist
>Native American religions =/= materialism
>nature affirming religions =/= materialism
>>
It's nice to see Waifukiller back again...
>>
>>14890729
people need to slow down on the baby making, but its hard to get that point across without big business targeting you because they want as many customers as possible even it means making the earth a shitatsic place to live on.
thats why the immigration problem isn't taken seriously by the government, they're controlled by money so the people who have the money(corporations) are just like 'naw, send em over, they work for less aren't as educated and will shop at all our stores'.

less babies mean more resources to go around.

its simlar to how no one is doing jackshit about the drought problem, big gov and big business and big pharma want water scarce so they can get more money and obedience out of you.
The movie Rango kind of covers it indirectly.
famine/water scarcity means you will do whatever the fuck you're told to eat/drink that day.
>>
>>14888974
Sup guys. Minerva worshipper here

>Hail Minerva
>>
Hail satan
>>
>>14890772
May her name ever be praised.
>>14890775
Go away
>>
>>14890755
Personally I think it's stupid as fuck to live in places that don't support life. Fuck Arizona, fuck SoCal. All they do is steal other peoples water. Turn off an aqueduct and everyone's dead within a year.

Not knowing the man who farms your food and not farming your own is stupid.
>>
>>14888974
Member of the Native American Church here. Does that count?
>>
why do people liken pagans to satanists again?
>>
>>14890875
isn't that largely ritualized Peyote usage?
>>
Praise the Devil.
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (28KB, 506x285px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
28KB, 506x285px
>>14890892
because people are dump, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it.
>>
>>14890894
That's what it's known for, but no, that's not all that it is.
>>
>>14890912
Not knocking it for it, thats the way to do it.

The usage of the word "Church" just strikes me as odd. Most Pagan religions try to retain some sort of linguistic purity.

And to answer your question, yes. it toally counts. Also Parker's Bull story is badass.

You Oklahoma? Texas? There's a branch near me in NorCal that strikes me as odd since it doesn't seem to equate with the Kuksu religion of the area.
>>
>>14890902
don't suppose you can be more specific
is there a link or something
>>
Haven't you seen The Wicker Man!? Pagans are evil, Heathens bad! Stop following the natural way, goyim.
>>
>>14890944
Basically, once Christianity became the big thing in the western world, they vilified all traditional, polytheistic religions as being ignorant bumpkins ("paganus" is latin) who worshipped demons. It's stuck till modern day.
>>
isn't this a terrorist thread?
>>
>>14890944
Oh yeah, here:
www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/xqwyc6
>>
File: The Hel is this, Merlot.gif (655KB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
The Hel is this, Merlot.gif
655KB, 400x280px
>>14890963
No, thats :
>>14888999

>mfw Abrahamic OP has double trips
>>
>>14890932
Colorado B)
>>
>>14888974

YFW you realize Paganism was neatly sorted with Christianity/Satanism.

You'll be 13 soon.
>>
How to summon a Pagan God?
>>
ATTENTION ALL THEISTS: FUCK OFF AND DIE!

THERE IS NO GOD OR GODS OR WHATEVER FUCKSHIT BELIEFS YOU HAVE. FUCK!
>>
>>14891041
You can't. Go back to occultist general if you want to summon shit. Our Gods aren't your playthings.
>>14891060
Fuck off back to Reddit, fedoratheist
>>
>>14891076
If so, how to come into contact with him?
>>
>>14891076
Shut the fuck up. You just can't handle your intellectual inferiority, so you feel the need to succumb to archaic beliefs(read:fairytales) to make yourself feel better about the world you don't understand.

FUCK OFF AND DIE THEIST SCUM!
>>
>>14891082
Prayer. The correct procedures depend on the cultural background of the deity you want to get in contact with.
>>14891087
>>>>Reddit
>>
>>14891116
Okay, thanks. Would some sort of ritual also be good? I am not bullshitting you, seriously just entering paganism and I feel it's right, but I have no idea where or how to start.
>>
>>14891060

babbys first puzzle...

God is code for kings that hide from public.
>>
>>14891161
It's all good. Sorry if I came across like a dick, but you'd be surprised how often you get asked by "magickians" about how the they can summon Athena or something like that. Yeah, ritual is a big part of prayer. What sort of paganism are you into? I'm mostly into Hellenic stuff, but I can probably point you in the right direction since I've explored pretty much all the big groups.
>>
>>14891317
I am from a Slavic country, so I honestly feel like I'd make a good connection with Slavic gods.

But truth to be told, I've always, since I was a young child, been attracted to Poseidon for some reason.

And don't worry, I am aware that there's tons of roleplayers here. It's all good. :)
>>
>>14891655
Hmmm, do you speak Russian or another Slavic language? Most of the resources for Slavic paganism are in those languages since those traditions haven't really caught on in the English speaking world. Looking up Rodonovery is probably a good place to start.
As for Poseidon, I reccommend reading "Baring the Aegis" by Elanai Temperance. She's a Hellenic pagan who rights really good, concise informational articles for beginners in Hellenic worship. Depending on how mystical you want to get, you might also like "House of Vines" which is run by a Dionysian named Sannion.
>>
>>14890718

Why take care of your family and friends? Dunno. It means you're a good person, I guess.

Why work hard to be regarded as a productive member of a community? A sense of fulfillment in the reassurance that your existence is worth something to others beyond yourself.

And why occasionally make offerings to the gods and to spirits of nature? The gods are very inspiring and even if you don't believe in them and think the old lore is just a bunch of made up who-ha, you can't deny the fact that these are the words of people who have come and lived before you, passing down what wisdom they can. It's no different than listening to your parents growing up or spending time with your grandfather and hearing his stories while sitting on his lap when you were a child.

And as for land spirits: This can be as simple as watering your garden or making sure the flowers around your house bloom every spring. We can make simple offerings of water and time to ensure that nature is remembered as being important as well as beautiful.

So why do we do all these things? I think because we're good folk trying to enjoy life, trying to learn and experience new things, and then readying ourselves to die proudly knowing that we did something of worth in the time that we had.

My 2 cents.
>>
File: W're babck baby!.jpg (88KB, 748x431px) Image search: [Google]
W're babck baby!.jpg
88KB, 748x431px
>>14891161
TO THE PASTA!

>How do I pagan?
I dunno, how do you Religion? Paganism isn’t a singular monolithic Religion/Faith/Path, its an umbrella term for most historic and ethnic religions that don’t fall into the big Abrahamic 3: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, and even they will throw the term at each other for reasons no one really cares about.

>Paganism is a broad group of indigenous and historical polytheistic religious traditions—primarily those of cultures known to the classical world. In a wider sense, paganism has also been understood to include any non-Abrahamic, folk, or ethnic religion. Modern ethnologists often avoid referring to non-classical and non-European, traditional and historical faiths as "pagan" in favor of less ambiguous labels such as polytheistic, shamanistic, pantheistic, and animistic.

>So where do I start?
You look within. Best place to start is with consideration to what you believe in, and who you are. To do this most Pagans would recommend going innawoods. Take a sabbatical from the demands and distractions of modern society and go find solitude and serenity within nature. Find a quiet place and fight against the ADD that Facebook and rampant commercial brakes have skullfucked into you. In Abrahamic Religions we are told that the world is fallen and divinity exists somewhere beyond it. In Pagan Religions the world is affirming and divinity exists within it. This connecting with nature is thusly connecting with divinity (mosquitos included) and can help people to understand where to go from there.
>>
>>14892291
>What books should I read?
Why does every religion have to have a book? (and a hat for that matter?) Dogmatic WORDS OF GODS are pretty specific to the Universalist religions and those tend to be of the absolutionist monotheist variety. Lots of books, you should read lots of books. I'd start out with some Comparative Religion essentials and then move into literature specific to what faith you are interested, and and even some on those that you’re less interested in. You should always read books.

>Pro-Tip 1
Forget what you've learned from previous experiences with Religion. Highly personal relationship with dieties, literary dogma, one single right way of doing things, highly interventionist gods, magic/miracles, ceremonial pomp, you expect this because of past experience. Not all religions function like that. Some contain some of those things, others contain none. The hardest thing for people to grasp when coming into Pagan religions is the many differences in World Views. Rather than constantly asking how you do something, ask what that thing is to better gain an understanding of it.
>>
File: asapope 02.png (121KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
asapope 02.png
121KB, 472x472px
>>14892304
>Pro-Tip 2
A.) Be careful with your Pantheons, there are people who worship gods from multiple pantheons and one must remain mindful that there are different ways of honoring different gods. At the very least you will piss off someone of that faith if you perform a Hellenistic ceremony for Thor or a Blot to Coatlicue, at most you may damn well piss off a god. B.) Not all Religions are open door. Lots of them come from a specific ethnic background with heavy cultural tie ins and above all, Ancestor Worship. If you don’t have a Japanese ancestor the odds are pretty good you’ll attract some ire for practicing Shinto. One of the main fights within Asatru for the last…forever, has been who to let in and why. Knock before entering. 3.) Every faith has denominations and factions so regardless of the path, there is probably a group within it that will welcome you with open arms.
>>
File: Legacy.jpg (67KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
Legacy.jpg
67KB, 500x321px
>>14891082

Depends, really. In Asatru we don't really have gods who're always on-call like other religions might have. Our gods have their own business to attend to and things to deal with which is why we look more towards our ancestors and Vaettir to aid us. That and of course our fellow man! To quote a friend of mine: "You'll find a lot more help fixing your broken car from your neighbor than you ever will from Thor."

I think a lot of people who newly step into our way get kind of confused or intimidated at the fact that our gods aren't really the ones to hold your hand and give you comfort when you need it. Sure you can get your soothes from old stories and wisdom's, but the hard reality is that there are seven (eight?) billion people on this planet and our gods don't really have the time to look specifically at you when there are other people who're more worthy of looking at. Sorry. To outsiders this might sound like a bad thing, but to people who're Asatru we see it as a motivational thing to make our ancestors and gods proud of us, and to behold our accomplishments as we go through this life. It's very inspiring. Besides, we're not children and you yourself aren't a child, thus the gods won't treat you like one.

Can't say I know what religion you're directing your question at though, but I'm just speaking for my own. Hope this gives some insight.
>>
>>14892325
>based Einar Selvik
>>
>>14892337

I just really love that picture.
>>
>>14892312
A.) B.) 3.)

Whoops.
>>
File: Kuksu ritual.jpg (86KB, 450x308px) Image search: [Google]
Kuksu ritual.jpg
86KB, 450x308px
>>14891029
2 questions.

1.) Are there central deities? All I know of peyote religions are the highly intricate bead art that sometimes comes out of it.

2.) can white people into get?
>>
>>14892325
This viewpoint in Asatru genuinely confuses me. Firstly, regardless of where you believe happens to the soul after death, it has always seemed to me that a person's pretty much out of play once they die (regardless of whether they stay in your grave mind or in Helheim). I heard someone say something about it having to do with ancestors sometimes becomeing landvaettir or disir, but I've never seen anything corroborating this outside of a /pg/. Secondly, I've never understood the Asatru conception of the gods as not be strong enough to take interest in individual worshippers. I know "patron gods" are a modern invention, but if a god won't answer the prayers of individual worshippers, what's the point of worshipping them? While most pagan faiths don't concieve of the gods as being quite so loving and automatically personally invested as the Christian God, Asatru seems unique in their insistance that the gods don't care very much about their worshippers. Don't mean to sound ignorant, I'm honestly curious.
>>
File: 1405059937631.png (106KB, 285x266px) Image search: [Google]
1405059937631.png
106KB, 285x266px
> /x/ - Your shitty look-at-me-I'm-special religion
>>
>>14892716
Sure is reddit in here today
>>
>>14890772
I'm in, when are the meetings?
>>
File: Asatruar Babe.jpg (324KB, 499x848px) Image search: [Google]
Asatruar Babe.jpg
324KB, 499x848px
>>14892705
>death
Opinions differ. I think this largely comes from Heathenry being a blanket term for tribal beliefs that span across a great deal of Europe and Asia and people try to present it as a singular unified faith when it has a MASSIVE variety of beliefs contained within,

Heres a list of historical sources that fall into various categories for the afterlife, from Valholl/Folkvangr to interred within the land and your family comes to pay homage.
http://www.koshabq.org/2013/08/31/outline-for-afterlife/
Personally I fall into the latter camp.

>Interventionist God
There are prayers in Asatru but they're more a tit-for-tat basis. If you desperately need something you appeal to the Gods, and its usually for that which is outside of your control, (weather, luck, etc.) and upon receiving it, you give appropriate compensation (sacrifice at a Blot, whathave you). Everything else is expected to be largely handled by you. Theres another aspect to this thats a lithe personal relationship with Gods largely came out of Christianity, summarized nicely with Buddy Christ. Before that a Godhead was something to be feared as merely standing close enough could kill you, and Judaeism is no exception look at the fabric that separated the Priest (Rabbi whatev) from the rest of the non sanctified masses that only he could pass through after a massive amount of purification to approach God (or the Ark or whatever was back there). Its largely an ant beseeching a boot. Or even more so, an ant beseeching a magnifying glass on a clear sunny day.
>>
>>14892705
>>14892865
To give another example of this slow change, before WW2 the US Presidents job was considered to be pretty hands off, largely governing least and the people handled their own shit. After that people looked to the President for huge descisions to be made for them and from then till now you have this massive expansion of Executive power where people do very little now in terms of their own governance. Change President to God and you have a pretty accurate example of the increasing drift into an Interventionist God as we view it today. Probably put the WW2 point somewhere around or a little after Constantine.
>>
>>14892865
>>14892878
I get what you're saying about interventionist gods, but I think it's unfair to characterize it as a Christian development. If you look at the history of religion, it's pretty common for people's conceptions of the gods to get more devotional and personal as time goes on and religion becomes more about spiritual fulfillment then making sure the next harvest comes in on time. Look at the concept of kharis in Hellenic paganism or Bhakti in Hinduism, both are examples of a personal theology developing in a polytheistic/monistic context. While I don't want to make blanket statements about religious developments, I think that it might be a good idea for Asatru to open itself up to the idea of devotion
>>
>>14892911
Oh its open to devotion, theres Odinsman and Freyrsmen etc. But they're given primacy within a pantheon rather than straight up patronage which doesnt seem to apply to any unit smaller than a familial line and seems more fitting for Towns or communities. Beowulf has a good example of this in which communities are dedicated to Tyr (despite laughably obvious attempts at Christianizing the story).

I think theres cases to be made where its gone in the other direction too, where some have become less interventionist. When was the last time Israel won a war by Yaweh stopping the Sun so they can catch the enemy army sleeping?
>>
>>14888974
do pseudo-Shintos qualify?
>>
>>14893044
Asatru roll their eyes when someone says things to the effect of they "Came under the Protectorship of Odin"
or
"Loki revealed himself to me and helped me with my hormone treatments"
or
"I'm married to Frigg"
This is all UPG/MUS stuff that has a tenuous at best origin in Wicca and comes from people trying to get that personal God relationship that Christianity has which doesn't exist to that degree in Asatru.
>>
File: Asatru in a nutshell.gif (545KB, 500x206px) Image search: [Google]
Asatru in a nutshell.gif
545KB, 500x206px
>>14893059
why pseudo?
>>
>>14892705

I'm the guy whose post you replied to. I recommend you read this post: >>14892865

Also, keep in mind that we do not worship the gods. I'd say that we treat our gods the same way you would treat your elderly: We approach them with deep respects, yet of course there's also an element of awe there. The gods after all have knowledge and abilities beyond us, so we approach them rarely and when we do it's so we can keep in contact with one another, pay our respects, and ask for their blessings for those around us. Remember that this is more of a religion of standing on your own two feet rather than being supported by anything divine. Unlike Christianity we have a religion where we can safely say: You can live your entire life without knowing our gods and still be a successful and peace-filled individual, because that's how this world has been set up. So yes, the gods can help us if they choose to, but it's not like they're going to answer every prayer or request that's sent up in their direction. Honestly, they have better things to do then help John down the street find his missing sneakers.
>>
File: image.jpg (75KB, 800x335px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 800x335px
>>14893262
>You can live your entire life without knowing our gods and still be a successful and peace-filled individual, because that's how this world has been set up.

Wisdom
>>
Any one know of any good pagan music or musicians that aren't tryhard wicca bard stuff or Asatru metal?
>>
>>14890676
I'm from /pol/ and I'm a polytheistic reconstrucitonist too, we're not all like this.
>>
>>14894244
Try Arkona, ????????, Finsterforst.
>>
>>14894244
Wardrunas fukkin legit
http://www.wardruna.com
http://odroerirjournal.com/?page_id=186

The Day of the Antler is funny as fuck (maybe unintentionally) it's neofolk covers of Manowar and Saxon songs. Not necessarily pagan but it definetly has it's moments.
>>
>>14894270
Why do you go on /pol/, anon? No offense, but I don't get wanting to associate oneself with this kind of bullshit.
>>
So im looking to do some research into dead religions. Mainly european in origin and nature affirming. Im not really interested in greek or roman ones. I have a very basic understanding from reading a lot of the mythology.

Where would be a good place to start? My ethnic roots are primarily Nordic and Celtic so i was thinking of starting around there.
>>
>>14890755
>big business promoting birth rates

You haven't seen all the conspiracies about Jews and such trying to lower the world population? India straight up enforced mandatory vasectomies on criminals. China made people throw female babies into the rivers. So much hoo haw about the water being poisoned with birth control chemicals.

The people want to reproduce. Big business wants to stop it.
>>
>>14894324
I'd suggest going to asatrulore.org but they're dicks and referring to anything that's actively practice as a "dead religion" is gonna get you blood eagled there.

Instead I recommend their podcast, you can find it on iTunes also

www.ravenradio.info
>>
Thoughts in the Wyrd and runes?
>>
>>14894507
Word is up to the individual insofar as how much they care about it. Some like surprises, some want to know what life holds in store for them.

Rune reading is a great way to get laid. If you want to learn about the elemental (and I mean structure of the universe and existence, not simple Captain Planet rings) read Edred Throsson, and avoid Ralph albums writings at all costs.
>>
>>14894662
Wyrd.

Fuck spellchecks.
>>
>>14888974
joyofsatan, etc

OP, I was once an atheistic Satanist, and am not this type of Satanist, but pls do remember that there is a type of 'satanism' which is actually paganism (they worship the ancient middle-eastern Gods).

>now I am polytheistic/animist
>believe that there are many Gods of various strength
>ranging from local Gods, spirits of natural features..
>to several major gods which have been significant in various ancient religions
>also, that each culture's knowledge of the major gods is incomplete, and perhaps even partially wrong
>but that the ancient religions are like a puzzle
>and that perhaps nobody will ever know what the Gods are like

I'm 26, too old for 'FUG U ADULTS :DD'. But I did have a phase like that.
>>
>>14894981
>type of 'satanism' which is actually paganism (they worship the ancient middle-eastern Gods)

http://www.dakhmaofangramainyu.com/event.html

would these guys fall under that? this is the group that will hold the black mass at Harvard.
>>
>>14895027
Probably not. They're more like how I was when I was a teenager:

>lol all these dum chistfags keep beign mad dat i dgaf
>i am satanist nao! i say 'hail satan', and if can plox find a bunch of edgyteen buddies, will hold satanic black mass, and piss them off D:

This is what happens then atheist teenagers accept the realization that Christianity is not just something children believe, but something adults seriously believe. They start trolling.
>>
>>14894981
>>14895039
>eventually.. anon (sarcastically, but open-mindedly) summons demons
>and I prove to anon that paranormal stuff is very real

Much fun was had.

>tfw was once a living human
>now I met this person by being a 'demon' they summoned
>in the process, I was woken up from a long sleep
>>
>>14895065
i genuinely feel role-players like this undermine any sort of meaningful discussion these threads could have. It's a shame really.
>>
>>14895089
I'm not roleplaying, but I guess you are all actually just atheists trolling. That would explain a lot.

>claims to believe in ghosts
>can not believe ghosts
>can not believe someone could channel a ghost
>>
>>14895089
I think stupid bullshit like this undermines any meaningful discussion these threads could have. It's a shame really.
>>
>>14895108
it seems that people don't understand that people and their beliefs sometimes change. So they assume everything is some kind of joke. Either that, or they're narcissists and like to believe they're some kind of special snowflake, and that if someone they like to tell themselves can't be a certain way is a certain way, they just start pretending it isn't real because they can't stand it. It's best not to attempt to interact with delusional people like that.
>>
>>14895099
>>14895136
Well, you are a real ghost. You have done some roleplaying in the past, but it was for the laughs.

>all of your suggestions for why these people seem like the biggest hypocrites ever

Possibly.
>>
>>14891060
Someday, you will no longer be 15.. and you'll stop being mad.
>>
File: image.jpg (390KB, 1280x848px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
390KB, 1280x848px
>>14894981
Regardless of what kind of Satanism you are, we don't want you named as Pagans. We have a bad reputation with the majority of the public anyway, so why make it worse when they already assume that all pagans worship Satan, or that you're Wiccan which then they'll too think you're a satanist.

>pic related
>rabbit = satanism
>middle finger guy = rest of the pagan community
>>
>>14895361
I'm not Satanist right now. I was an insane troll as an atheist teen, but also, only online, I had no life.

However, I think that a certain type of 'satanist' is actually pagan, since they worshio the middle eastern Gods and consider that Satan and Demons.
>>
>>14895361
Seems like good reasoning on your part.

Unfortunately, many people take this whole satan boogeyman seriously.
>>
File: tumblr_n5xppgSJPH1to0vxao1_1280.png (122KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5xppgSJPH1to0vxao1_1280.png
122KB, 600x600px
2day i bought tons of crystalz n i prayed 2 da goddess n da god n i went 2 clean mi chakuras i went 2 reiki da reiki azked me to put his penis in my butt full of granola n odder plants.

den i summoned da elemnts n da goddess im feminist n i only car about da goddess nut da god. all worlds rpagan faithz r bazed on god n goddess worsihp all historical godz are azpectz of dem. da goddess is da mun n da god da sun even tho sveral pnagan religiens leik nrose pagnism worship a femle solar diety n a mal looner deiyt i 8t historical accurac dont u agree?!!!!!?111

btw aryan master rac
>>
>>14895655
> sea/river water is black
Since when?!?
>>
File: 56789876.gif (988KB, 400x320px) Image search: [Google]
56789876.gif
988KB, 400x320px
>>14895655
HITLER WOULD HAVE KILLED HANZ?????

"cleanse the world so only blonde hair, blue eyed people remained, the perfect race."

FUCK YOU HITLER!
>>
>>14895655
lol'd

Does anyone else think that it might be that gender is a thing specific to this world? That perhaps it might be that some or all of the Gods don't actually have gender, or that perception of the gods' gender is subjective because they show certain aspects of themselves to different people at different times?
>>
>>14895691
It would be the ultimate hypocrisy for Hitler to kill Hanz for being black haired when Hitler was black haired also.

I know in a Universe where Germany won World War 2, in '10s Hanz would have lead the rebellion to overthrow Hitler, end the simulation, kill the Demiurge, in that order.
>>
>>14895717
gender what? Can't you read? It didn't list any.
>>
File: 1361589542722.gif (3MB, 300x225px)
1361589542722.gif
3MB, 300x225px
>>14895722
I forgot Hitler had black hair! HE WAS NOT THE MASTER RACE! LOL!
>>
>>14895722
Hitler had brown hair. Specifically, it was that type of brown that gets lighter in the sun. He also had blue eyes. Color photographs of him exist and confirm this along with all reliable first-person accounts of his appearance, but if you're not retarded, you can also clearly tell from the black and white photos of him, since black hair and brown hair do look different in old photographs.
>>
File: max.gif (492KB, 497x260px)
max.gif
492KB, 497x260px
>>14895739
You mean contacts and hair die! LMFAO!
>>
File: 340x_nedflanders328.jpg (42KB, 340x261px) Image search: [Google]
340x_nedflanders328.jpg
42KB, 340x261px
What the darn-diddily-doodily did you just say about me, you little witcharooney? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at Springfield Bible College, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret mission trips in Capital City, and I have over 300 confirmed baptisms. I am trained in the Old Testament and I’m the top converter in the entire church mission group. You are nothing to me but just another heathen. I will cast your sins out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before in Heaven, mark my diddily-iddilly words. You think you can get away with saying that blasphemy to me over the Internet? Think again, friendarino. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of evangelists across Springfield and your IP is being traced by God right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggorino. The storm that wipes out the diddily little thing you call your life of sin. You’re going to Church, kiddily-widdily. Jesus can be anywhere, anytime, and he can turn you to the Gospel in over infinity ways, and that’s just with his bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in preaching to nonbelievers, but I have access to the entire dang- diddily Bible collection of the Springfield Bible College and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your sins away off the face of the continent, you diddily-doo satan-worshipper. If only you could have known what holy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you from the Heavens, maybe you would have held your darn-diddily-fundgearoo tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re clean of all your sins, you widdillo-skiddily neighborino. I will sing hymns of praise all over you and you will drown in the love of Christ. You’re farn-foodily- flank-fiddily reborn, kiddo-diddily.
>>
File: babby adolf hitler.jpg (174KB, 848x1080px) Image search: [Google]
babby adolf hitler.jpg
174KB, 848x1080px
>>14895739
Interestingly enough, he wasn't born with blonde hair (some children with similar hair to his have blonde hair at first and then it darkens up as they got older, and the result is the same).
>>
I NEVER KNEW HITLER WAS HILARIOUS!
>>
File: 9f1c6f34227783c4_large.jpg (111KB, 853x1280px) Image search: [Google]
9f1c6f34227783c4_large.jpg
111KB, 853x1280px
>>14895746
Nope. He had brown hair and blue eyes.
>>
>>14895756
Ghost Hitler Y U?
>>
File: 45b103ebf9b888fc.jpg (22KB, 510x411px) Image search: [Google]
45b103ebf9b888fc.jpg
22KB, 510x411px
>>14895769
You mean contacts?
>>
File: 46b30900c56774cd_large.jpg (111KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
46b30900c56774cd_large.jpg
111KB, 1280x853px
>>14895770
rofl

I hope you're not too mad..

>but now that Godwin's Law has applied..
>Nazis are annexing this thread
>>
>>14895746
They didn't have contact lenses in the '30s.
>>
>>14895717

Most likely. A being above flesh and lood certainly wouldn't be constrained by something exclusive to organic beings.
>>
File: this picture.jpg (114KB, 900x1185px) Image search: [Google]
this picture.jpg
114KB, 900x1185px
>>14895774
No. Here's a color picture where the blueness of his eyes does show. Also, you can tell in the black and white pictures that his eyes were blue. Blue eyes look lighter than green or brown eyes in old pictures.
>>
File: 6786.jpg (254KB, 2202x1345px) Image search: [Google]
6786.jpg
254KB, 2202x1345px
>>14895789
They didn't have hover craft technology in the 30s.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazi_UFOs
>>
>>14895797
dat glamor shot!
>>
I'm still attempting to learn as much about Celtic Paganism as i can. And not the Wiccan influenced stuff. Which is really, really hard. (not to mention hardly any original texts exist).

But I will say, the Celtic version of "Hell" is a ton scarier than christian hell. If you subscribe to the idea of there even being a "place for bad people" that is.
>>
Hail satan and down with your false gods!
>>
>>14895739
>Hitler had brown hair. Specifically, it was that type of brown that gets lighter in the sun
same as me, aryan ubermensch reporting in
>>
>>14895825
Look to archaeology.

Celtic Paganism is the most confusing paganism.

>lots of local gods
>not much consistancy
>many names for same gods
>much headache, and if you just don't feel a connection to it, little meaning

The breadcrumb trail from Ireland goes back to France and northern Spain if you're curious.

>then in south-western spain and portugal..
>the ancient spaniards on the iberian peninsula had their very p?w?n? own paganism
>until of course, the romans had other plans, and pwnt them

Go far enough east, and the slavs had paganisms too.

Babby's first paganism for me was greek/roman paganism. I'm super curious about nordic/germanic paganism.
>>
>>14895861
Same as me too. In fact, he kind of looks like he could have been my brother or cousin or something (in fact, he looks more like me than my actual brother). It's kind of funny.
>>
>>14895874
well, my eyes aren't blue tough
>>
>>14895864
I have been, and most modern Celtic Pagans agree that local gods equate to "personal" gods today. As in, they were gods native to that area (forest, river, mountain spirits that locals worshiped). So today, you would go out and try to get closer to nature, and find your own local/personal god/spirit.

I understand the numerous names, but I've figured out the core gods from MY ancestry, and decided that i'll worship them if i decide to commit to it.

I dislike Nordic/Germanic paganism simply because I see it so much. But don't get me wrong, it is pretty cool if you just set aside the idea that it makes you a viking if you get into it.
>>
>>14895896

Until you're raiding coastal villages on a longship you'll never be a viking.
>>
>>14895911
Yay, someone gets it.

I suppose if you are in the military, you can call yourself a modern viking (assuming you go out and shoot/get shot at.) Possibly even Law Enforcement jobs could let you be a "modern viking". Then i'd be more ok with them

But i'm pretty sure Odin face palms when he hears most "modern vikings". I know I do.
>>
>>14895920

I've honestly never met a serious Asatruar who has proclaimed that he was a Viking, nor a woman who claimed she was a shield maiden. I wouldn't even go as far to say that military service makes you a modern viking, nor police work. Viking implies piracy and thievery so it's better to just refer to yourself as a warrior, if that's your fancy. Me personally, I'm not really into the whole warrior side of Asatru. I enjoy more the Vaettir side of things as well as the inner spiritual.
>>
Hey guys, Ive been researching Norse paganism for quite a while now and I feel like I have a strong connection with Odin. Forgive me if I say anything disrespectful, Im not as educated as I hope to be someday. I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction on how to honor Odin/ contact him, or even just more information on things like Asatru and Norse paganism as it exists today.
>>
>>14895934
Nothing to do with any of it is my fancy. But, i've met many good Astaru practitioners were, like you, interested in the more spiritual aspects. I like those guys.

But here on /x/, and on /k/, i run into the "I'M A VIKING WARRIOR SHIELD MAIDEN AND MY VIKING NAME IS GWILFEAR SEE HOW "FEAR' IS IN MY NAME?"

Im actually nearly quoting someone from /k/. He was serious.
>>
File: celts.png (45KB, 330x469px) Image search: [Google]
celts.png
45KB, 330x469px
>>14895864
Funniest thing about the Celts is this right here. If you go far enough back in time, they were the Hallstats. Yet there's so many people who act like they're so different.

>>14895896
>I have been, and most modern Celtic Pagans agree that local gods equate to "personal" gods today. As in, they were gods native to that area (forest, river, mountain spirits that locals worshiped). So today, you would go out and try to get closer to nature, and find your own local/personal god/spirit.

This right here is really how it was. In a way, it was comparable to how Shinto is in Japan (same worshipping of the Gods in their backyard, same sort of animism). Yet, all the wiccanteens are just unaware of this.

>I understand the numerous names, but I've figured out the core gods from MY ancestry, and decided that i'll worship them if i decide to commit to it.

>I dislike Nordic/Germanic paganism simply because I see it so much. But don't get me wrong, it is pretty cool if you just set aside the idea that it makes you a viking if you get into it.

I'm white, but mixed. So there's various old religions in Europe that are the religions of my ancestors. There's even some royalty in my ancestry (and royalty similarly was mixed like this, instead of simply being french or german or english). So for me, it's not so easy.

>however, I am a descendant of some nordic people
>so the nordic/germanic paganism too is in fact a religion of my ancestors

>>14895892
My eyes ARE blue. I doubt it's too noticeable that Hitler had a certain resemblance to me. There is a mitigating factor here that makes it less obvious (and therefore makes me less likely to be beaten up like how some self-righteous assholes would beat up someone's kitler), and also hard to tell just how much he looks like me. But he does look more like me than even my own siblings. I like Hitler, but yeah, a lot of other people don't.
>>
File: Adolf Hitler - 1928 XX-XX.jpg (59KB, 446x648px) Image search: [Google]
Adolf Hitler - 1928 XX-XX.jpg
59KB, 446x648px
>>14895953
>i'm not even austrian!!1!one!?! or a significant part german.. y does he resemble me even moreso than my actual siblings???
>yeah, history and archaeology needed to have a word with you..

lols it's not such an impossible coincidence

>eventually, someone is so mixed, they resemble something other than any of the constituents of the mixture
>and then genetics just sort of plays a prank on you like this: you assumed (incorrectly) when you were a teen, that you must be German

At least you know your family is actually related to you, so that you know it is just a coincidence.

>still, being royalty was not bad, by Nazi policy
>they just held no authority in Nazi Germany
>>
>>14895953
I'm mostly Scottish, and Irish. With French and German in me. So I stick with mainly old Irish/Scottish gods. Unless there was a more common name (Such as Cernunnos.)

It WAS hard for me since i'm mixed to, but I just decided to go with who I liked the most. And that just so happened to be Old Scott/Irish gods. With the exception of a few others.

Germanic Paganism is in my ancestry to, but I feel no connection to it.
>>
>>14895974
>It WAS hard for me since i'm mixed to, but I just decided to go with who I liked the most.

Seems like what I should do, then.

>tfw I feel most connected to..
>both the greek/roman and the nordic/germanic paganism kind of draw me in
>but celtic paganism, though worth learning about, I just didn't feel much of a connection to it (considering what it is and how far away I am from the Gods that were worshipped in ancient celt paganism, this makes sense)
>and for some reason, the lucitanian paganism still yet has my curiosity captured
>and I feel no connection whatsoever to the middle east and have always felt this way (makes sense, considering, I'm one of many people that desert really has nothing to do with)

This should be interesting. I'm inclined to make a sort of hybrid religion.

>>14895972
>>yeah, history and archaeology needed to have a word with you..
lol
>>
>>14896002
>lucitanian

I meant these people: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lusitanians

It has turned out that I am part spaniard. (hell, I'm part everything west-European)

At first it didn't make sense why I was so curious, but now it makes sense.
>>
>>14896002
People have. Part of what I liek about Celtic Paganism and Druidism is that they actually allow you to do that, as a rule. You worship who and how you want with no real set rules. This is partly because we know so little about their religion, but from what we know, they practiced sort of like that as well. Even though it was more "home town" based.

Go for it man. If you like greek/roman religion, get into it.

Romans actually believed that their gods were everyone's gods. And that different people saw them differently. Greeks not so much. But still, that was some progressive thinking. Especially for Romans.
>>
>>14896018
You play Rome 2 don't you.
>>
>>14896026
>Romans actually believed that their gods were everyone's gods. And that different people saw them differently. Greeks not so much. But still, that was some progressive thinking. Especially for Romans.

Seems like a bit of ancient Roman thinking that stuck with me, even as I learned of other ancient religions. It makes the whole thing really look like a big puzzle to me. It really seems like, while some Gods really were just local Gods, different cultures also knew different things about the same Gods, and that everyone had incomplete information. And that nobody was entirely correct, and that it's extremely difficult or impossible to discern which was correct when there are disparities. It presents a certain mystery that I'm not sure will ever be solved.
>>
>>14896034
Nope, but I assumed at first, since I'm 1/4th Sicillian, that a sort of hybrid between Greeks and Romans would be a significant part of my DNA. While it is there (more Roman than Greek), it's not as significant as I initially assumed. It turned out those Sicillians were descendants of nobility who were descendants of royalty who came from way up north. My father, who is 50% Sicillian, is only 15% Italian.

In addition to that, I had an interest in astronomy when I was 12 and had noticed that the planets were named after the Roman gods. And other things that took reference to that.

So greek/roman paganism was the first paganism I knew about.
>>
>>14896026
> Romans actually believed that their gods were everyone's gods. And that different people saw them differently. Greeks not so much.
Wasn't it the other way around? With the Greek gods said to be hyperreal and all that.
>>
>>14896080
Many religions thought the same way. In fact, most polytheistic religions did to some degree. The Romans just really took it to heart. As did the Mongols.
The Celts did more or less. They (from what i can tell) simply felt that their gods were, like animals, just native to their area, and that other gods existed.

And I, like you, have felt that way. I think that numerous gods exist, and we either know a few in common, or just know some different ones than others do. The puzzle becomes less complex when you realize that gods are connected to nature, just as much as they are the afterlife or whatever other ethereal world we assume they inhabit.
>>
>>14896101
Gotcha. I had just never heard anyone reference Lusitania who had not played. Hell, i didn't know about them until after either.

>>14896115
Look into Caesar's accounts in Gaul. He equated all religious info/practices he saw with a Roman equivalent.

The Greeks thought their gods were more or less "theirs". But they were also very questioning of their own gods, Let alone anyone else's.

I may be wrong on that, but from what i've learned, the Greeks made differentiation between their religion, and others. And often made a point in doing so.
>>
>>14896116
It's interesting how the various ancient religions, some with no awareness of each other, actually do paint a somewhat consistant picture of the Gods and of how things are on a spiritual level. Even ancient religions on different continents have certain consistancies to compare to each other. This causes me to believe that they were actually onto something.
>>
>>14896156
Same here. I'm just partial to the Celtic view. Mainly because of how they view death.

Most people back in the day did have knowledge of each other. Most of the big religions anyway. But what would really freak you out, as it did to me, is to look up Druid ideas and compare them to Native American. Then compare those two to Aboriginal ideas from Australia.

Shit's freaky man.
>>
>>14895940
Go to the website Uppsala Online. It's written by a man named Wayland Skallgrimsson who's a devotee of Odin.
>>
>>14896026
I tend to see Interpertario Romano to be more culturally imperialistic than progressive. "Look at the silly barbarians, worshipping Tiwaz. They don't know it, but they're really worshipping Mars!"
>>
>>14896786
This is true. While they were right sometimes about gods being the same Gods, it was imperialistic of them, and they believed themselves to always be the ones correct in any disparities between their information and another culture's information, not really so self-aware of the fact they weren't necessarily.
>>
>>14896897
However, while not always correct, I initially took it into heavy consideration..

>tfw, though they might very well be the same Gods showing different sides of themselves to different people or just presenting themselves differently to different people
>the disparities between the greek/roman gods and the nordic/germanic gods aren't to be ignored, but duly noted, as it is not negligable
>either account of how these gods are is liable to be only partially correct, the Romans weren't necessarily right about everything all the time

..a sort of doublethink almost seems to be the correct way to address it.

>to simulataneously think of the Gods as the same and yet different

Kind of like different people recollection of the same people/events. There's always some disparities, and you never know which one was right.
>>
>>14896939
>people's recollection

I really need to mind my grammar, even if I am just sort of doing a textual version of drawling out my thoughts.
>>
>>14895940
its worth Emphasizing that Odin is a death god. and a con man at that. There's more than a few examples of him sacrificing those devoted to him.

That being said hes also the god of poetry, wisdom, and enjoys a good glass of mead.

Devoting yourself to W??anaz implies, if not a willingness to die, a lack of fear of death.

Altars to him often consist of blue or stormy grey cloths, and cups and glasses of silver and cobalt glass. Offerings Include Mead or wine and Akavit) and rare beef and smoked salmon unter the pretense that even if he only drinks the mead, his wolves and ravens will appreciate the beef and salmon.
>>
>>14896786
Preeeeetty much.

Good read but he really did far to scant a pass-by to even fully know what he was talking about before making his equivalencies.
>>
>>14897001
He could just as easily have been wrong. I remember I stopped learning about the germanic gods from the angle I was learning about them from because I had too much respect for the 'barbarians' that the romans apparently enough looked down on, and too much intellectual honesty to assume that the romans were necessarily right at all times in all of their 'correcting' the 'barbarians', or even in their identification of them as the same Gods. Yet, the whole 'everything happens for a reason?' thing kind of has me stuck on it.

>the God of War may have left some clues, actually..
>and both empires eventually perished, rotting in their narcissism
>the old roman empire and the later holy roman empire
>>
>>14897182
>similarly, Nazi Germany's fall was actually due to pride

The whole 'I am better than everyone, I'mma rule everything!!!' thing gets people wrekt eventually.

>but Nazi Germany got a particularly swift kick to the ass
>yet it is true, some high ranking Nazis liked the germanic type of paganism
>but the form of everything was as if to resurrect the HRE
>short-lived as it was

The more I think about it, the more weird Nazi Germany was, in terms of the bigger picture.

>fuck u
>fuck u 2
>u as well
>FUCK U!!!1! >:[
>empires given repeated victories and rulership over all yurop only to either get smacked or just fall apart

Apparently, Tiwaz/Mars/Ares don't like this imperialism shit so much. Of course, the obvious is the logistical problem of expecting many people over a large geographical area to have much loyalty to each other or to keep having a cohesive culture or anything.

But it was almost like sort of a short-lived distorted mirror of previous things like it.
>>
>>14895896
>it is pretty cool if you just set aside the idea that it makes you a viking if you get into it.

Ive always been interested in studying the Norse religions. More from a historical standpoint and not to actually follow any religion. Mainly because i have strong ancestral ties to the vikings. My grandfather is very big into genealogy. If we follow the legitimate genealogy (that is assuming the father of the children was who the mother said it was) we have ties to some Swedish royalty and Norwegian royalty. He also traced us back to some viking clan.

So i wouldn't mind being a viking. The problem is there is so much pop culture references to vikings and outright lies. So as of right now i don't really know what they believed or what it actually means to be a viking like my ancestors.
>>
>>14897370
Vikings were the Raiders. They went out and pillaged, in order to make money/get food. They were great warriors, sure. But the Norse had more "professional" warriors who stayed at home and protected their land.

So to be a Viking meant to be a raider, or a trader, or a traveler. Usually all 3.
>>
Perhaps the most outstandingly inaccurate claim made today by modernist and liberal scholars, is that the book Genesis grew out of the pagan mythologies of nations like Babylon. It is indeed a much vaunted claim, but one that flies in the face of all the evidence. We shall see, as our study progresses, that as each nation was dispersed from Babel, so they carried with them the names of their founders, and wove around those names a fanciful mythology that led them further and further away from both the true knowledge of God, and a true understanding of their own beginnings. As time passed, so the ancestor worship to which their early peoples were so prone, became more gross and degenerate until we are left with such hideous polytheistic systems as the Babylonian, Assyrian and Egyptian. Yet, in spite of the parody of religion that we see in the early and modem pagan system, it is still possible to trace the memory, albeit distorted, of a great many subjects that Genesis records so accurately. 1

This is specially true of the Babylonian system. As well as such distorted memories as they possessed of the Flood, and the dispersal of the nations from Babel. They also carried with them distinct memories of Adam, Eve and the Fall. Indeed, as can be seen in the illustration of Figure 1, they were still able to portray Adam, Eve, the Serpent and the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil with remarkable accuracy many hundreds of years after supposedly losing the knowledge of God altogether! Eve was known to them as Nini-ti, 'The Lady of the Rib,' which name can also mean in their tongue 'The Lady who causes to live,' which is the very epithet that Genesis itself records of Eve as the 'mother of all living' (see Figure 1.)
>>
>>14897395
Eden was known to the Babylonians as ldinu, and was said to have been the paradise in which the 'immortal,' ones lived. Moreover, the very name of Babylon itself, Bab-ilu, meant literally 'The Gate of God', standing as it did between the Tigris and Euphrates rivers - the very location of Eden as described in the book of Genesis. The original Tigris, Euphrates and Eden were, of course, destroyed beyond all recognition by the Flood of Noah; and yet the Babylonians were to preserve both the knowledge and names of them even within their own otherwise perverse philosophy.

Likewise, Tubal-cain 2 was remembered and worshipped by the Babylonians as Bilkan, the god of metal-working, which name was later further corrupted to Vulcan, the Roman god of fire' And so it goes on. However, the foundation of paganism was itself a direct and calculated attempt to obscure and pervert the true knowledge of God among the early nations, and its success is all too evident even today. These pagan gods were adored merely for the licence that they gave to the practice of perversions and abominations that it would be tedious to describe, and as we ponder these things we surely cannot fail to see the absurdity behind the latest notion to emerge from the modernist school, namely that all religions lead to God! Whoever is responsible for such a nonsensical idea can know neither the God of Whom they speak, nor the true and evil nature of pagan worship.
>>
>>14897403
'As a patroness of war (the goddess) Anath appears in a fragment of the Baal Epic in an incredibly bloody orgy of destruction. For some unknown reason she fiendishly butchers mankind, young and old, in a most horrible and wholesale fashion, wading delightedly in human gore up to her knees - yea, up to her throat, all the while exulting sadistically... "Like gods, like priest; like priest like people" expresses a law that operates unfailingly.' 3

It is thus fallacious for the modernist school to suggest that either these 'gods' or their worshippers bear the faintest resemblance to those who are one day to inherit the Kingdom of God. And equally fallacious is the idea that the Word of God owes its origins to any such insidious and fatal system. 4
>>
>>14897395
>>14897403
This is all incredibly biased, with no real scholarly proof supporting any of it. Interesting read though.
>>
>>14897409
REASON AND FAITH

In the light of all this it is, perhaps, time for us to adopt a more reasonable and constructive approach to our study of the early history of mankind, and of the Genesis record in particular. Some, no doubt, will be quick to decry such an act as that of accepting the truth of the Genesis record as an act of blind faith. Yet, where does blind faith come into it when that record is so fully endorsed by the writings of so many disinterested, or indeed antagonistic witnesses? When we read a book about King Henry VIII of England, we are not learning about him by way of 'blind faith,' for we know that there are many independent sources to which we can go in order to verify what we have read. Rather, we believe the historical accounts of Henry VIII by way of informed reason, not faith; and exactly the same thing applies when we read the history that is contained in the book of Genesis. We accept that history because, in the face of so many disinterested witnesses and corroborative statements, that is simply the reasonable thing to do. To discard such a vast weight of independent testimony would be most unreasonable, and would itself be an act of almost incredible faith in the approach and highly questionable logic of modernistic philosophy. It is through the sheer reasonableness, then of accepting the overwhelming testimony of so many witnesses that we come to accept the Genesis record as a truly historical and factual account; and if this leads us on to faith in the God of Whom Genesis so eloquently testifies, then that faith is seen to be a reasonable and informed faith, and not a blind faith as some would wrongly assert.
>>
>>14897395

Someone's quite ignorant of all archaelogical breakthroughs since the 60's...
>>
>>14897413
yeah I know
gets more interesting in a sec

And so we arrive at the main object of our present study. We shall see that the brief but comprehensive portion of the book of Genesis known as the Table of Nations, embraces a truly vast panorama of human history that took several centuries to be fulfilled. Indeed, it seems that the migration and dispersal of the nations from Babel did not finally settle down until only the last century or so. Ever since those distant days when the Plain of Shinar witnessed the first migrations, humanity has been spreading itself out across the face of the globe in waves that were irresistible and energetic in the days of the Vikings as ever thy were in the days of Nimrod and Asshur, and, on an admittedly smaller scale, are still observable today. Mankind, in spite of its active determination to do otherwise, has finally obeyed the commandment of God to 'multiply and fill the earth' (see Figure 2.)

THE HISTORlCAL NOTlCES

'When all men were of one language, some of them built a high tower as if they would thereby ascend up to heaven, but the gods sent storms of wind and overthrew the tower, and gave everyone his peculiar language and for this reason it was that the city was called Babylon' The Sybil.

'After this they were dispersed abroad, on account of their languages, and went out by colonies everywhere and each colony took possession of that land which they lighted upon, and unto which God led them; so that the whole continent was filled with them, both the inland and maritime countries. There were some also who passed over the sea in ships and inhabited the islands: and some of these nations do still retain the names which were given to them by their first founders; but some also have lost them . . ' (Flaius Josephus, Antiquities, Book 1, Chapter V.)
>>
>>14897422
PART ONE: THE LINEAGE OF JAPHETH

Refer to Table 1 and Map 1.

(1) Japheth

Literally the progenitor of many nations, all the Indo-European peoples, in fact - it would be surprising indeed if his name had gone unremembered among them. As it is, we find that the early Greeks worshipped him as IAPETOS, or IAPETUS, whom they regarded as the son of heaven and earth, and the father of many nations. Likewise, in the ancient Sanskrit vedas of India, he is remembered as PRA-JAPATI, the sun and ostensible Lord of Creation. His name was further corrupted and assimilated into the Roman pantheon as IUPATER, which eventually became that of Jupiter. None of these names are recognized as being of Greek, Indian or Latin origin; but are rather mere corruptions of the Hebrew name of Japheth. Similarly, the early Saxon races perpetuated his name as Sceaf, (Pr. 'sheef,' or 'shaif,') and recorded his name in their early genealogies as the son of Noah, the forebear of their various peoples.

I'll stop spamming now, you get the idea
the idea is that ancient man all worshipped the same God through Noah and his sons, but over time man forgot that God and among the European peoples especially, a form of ancestor worship took place where ancient ancestors were taken as gods and mythologies were weaved around them
>>
>>14897422
Still confused as to why you're posting it though.

It's like reading the brain of some crazy person who wrote a poorly thought out essay for their religion class in college.
>>
>>14897432
and forgot to include their "Gotta make it to 8 pages" graphs.
>>
>>14897492
Pretty much.
>>
>>14897429
>implying YAWEH isn't a toddler compared to the age of just about every other God.

I could pull BS theories out of my ass too if I ignored everything that happened before the Sumerian invention of glue/book binding.
>>
File: 1362372543248.jpg (194KB, 579x861px) Image search: [Google]
1362372543248.jpg
194KB, 579x861px
>>14897236
>Apparently, Tiwaz/Mars/Ares don't like this imperialism shit so much.
>implying some phony gods had anything to do with the death of the Third Reich and not the Red Army and glorious communism.

6.5 million angry Soviets is scarier than any wrath of god anyway.
>>
>>14897619
As with any war, a God did not determine the victor. Instead, war is a violent game of strategy. Hitler lost that lethal game.

>however, there's a noticeable pattern here
>all-of-europe empires keep getting wrekt
>also, there is recurringly a divide between eastern and western europe
>also, Napoleon also got wrekt after messing with Russia
>the east is not to be underestimated, then
>>
>>14897619
>>14897762
Truly, one can learn certain philosophical lessons from history. This is definately better than the bible.
>>
>>14897778
An understanding of History is highly destructive towards Christianity.
>>
WELL, pagan thread, is it?
I am a intuitive reader, and I saw the power of Gaia protecting a friend of mine that calls her self a witch. Does that count?
(also, I can tell everything I know about it and whatever I got by reading her)
>>
>>14897429
Abrahamics pls go
>>
>>14897802
Not here, probably.
>>
i went to visit my tree today. the cairn i put by it last time i was out there had (finally) not toppled over so i built it up with a couple of more rocks
>>
When I ask a god for something and make a sacrifice, but it doesn't happen, does that mean I didn't use the verba certa, my sacrifice wasn't good enough, or that I did something else wrong?
>>
>>14900393

no anon, sacrifices are not a dating sim.
>>
>>14900420
What? I sacrifice sheep.
>>
>>14900434
You should only be looking for good luck/fortune with sacrifices. It's mainly a feel good ceremony.
>>
>>14900442
No, it is to appease the god I am sacrificing to. According to The Harvest Ritual by Cato the Elder, at least. But how can I know if the verba certa was wrong, or if the sacrifice was unclean.
>>
File: copy-of-oden.jpg (179KB, 584x577px) Image search: [Google]
copy-of-oden.jpg
179KB, 584x577px
Wodanaist reporting in. The God of knowledge is best patron god if you're into academic research.
>>
>>14900445

it probably worked fine, and you received your reward. life is just a lot shittier than you want to believe.
>>
>>14897802
What kind of witch?
>>
>>14900450
Is he Mercury?
>>14900451
I don't think it worked. I am practicing augury, so I will check the birds in the morning to see if it is the fault of the god, not me.
>>
>>14900445
Other authors can only give you glimpses of what works for them.
You have to figure out your own rituals for yourself if you want something.

Honestly, asking for material belongings sounds a bit off. Good fortune can get you the items you require. But it's up to you.
>>
>>14900458
Wodanaz is the Germanic God of leadership, knowledge and what not. Surely all polytheistic Gods have cousins of different ethnic groups though.
>>
>>14900459
That is stupid. Making a request from a god is like a legal contract, that is why you need to know the verba certa and the sacrifice must go exactly to plan.
>>
>>14900467
According to Tacitus Woden is Mercury, Teiws is Mars and Donar is Hercules (Heracles).
>>
>>14900468
If you're right you should have written this contract and not complained about it here that it doesn't work.
Basic deductive reasoning.
>>
>>14900476
I don't think you know much about the Roman religion. For one, I said like a contract, in that the wording must be correct. The verba certa are the words proven to be correct.
>>
>>14900471
Tacitus isn't a credible source, since he was a Roman and didn't do his own research, but used second hand sources.

These old religions were always based on ethnic tribal practices and understandings.

But to say Donar is Hercules and such is like saying Allah is Jehovah. These are different Gods, but surely related if the people believing in them are as well.
>>
>>14900487
I wasn't aware we were talking about Roman religion.
Romans had written language early on (unlike their northern counterparts whom believed in Wodan and Donar) and liked to sign contracts among themselves, so why not try with their deities. Doesn't mean it will work.

I'd recommend you read about ancient Roman law, to get closer to Roman Gods.
>>
>>14900491
The Greco-Roman pantheon and Snow-Nigger pantheon shares a common Indo-European origin. I guess Tacitus was wrong about Teiws, though, because he is apparently Dyeus, so he would be Jupiter.
>>14900502
I've already studied Roman law. The religion is not really like that, though. It is more about ritual and prayer that has been proven to work. If you think this sounds close to Catholicism, that is because Catholicism is based on the Roman religion.
>>
>>14900525
>The Greco-Roman pantheon and Snow-Nigger pantheon
I'm sorry I stopped reading there. I thought you were a serious person.
>>
>>14900532
What is wrong with my post? Sorry, I didn't realise barbarians were so sensitive.
>>
200th post reporting in.
>>
>>14900525
I wouldn't say that Tacitus was entirely wrong, his writing have truth to them, some people view Teiws/Tyr as being the chieftain of the Gods. Kind of like how in the Vikings Tarot deck Tyr is named as the Emperor.
>>
File: cool.jpg (104KB, 914x800px) Image search: [Google]
cool.jpg
104KB, 914x800px
I'm not baiting or anything, I actually want to know what paganism is from an actual pagan.
>can't get shit from google
>pic not related
>>
>>14901015
We follow the old gods, such as Mars, Jupiter, Mercury and Venus. We make sacrifices of clean livestock to them and ask of them through the verba certa. We interpret their will through augury and we erect shrines in our home, especially for the Lares and Penates.
>>
>>14901015
Paganism is a really broad term.

http://seapagan.org/pagan-hierarchy/pagan-hierarchy.png
The link is more-or-less a charter of the main/popular strands of paganism, but not all.
>>
I have no idea what paganism is aside from the broad sense and various historical groups like the Vikings and other Norse worshipping groups. I'm interested in learning more about it, wat do?
>>
>>14901855
I mean, any helpful links or literature?
>>
>>14901859
Numa (c.715-673 BCE): The Institutions of Roman Religion, 7th Cent. BCE, from Plutarch, Life of Numa, [At this Site]
Accounts of Roman State Religion, c. 200 BCE- 250CE [At this Site]
Collected accounts from Cato, Cicero, Livy and Plutarch.
Roman Religious Toleration: The Senatus Consultum de Bacchanalibus, 186 BCE, from Livy, History of Rome, Book XXXIX [At this Site]
Roman Religiones Licitae and Illicitae, c. 204 BCE - 112 CE [At this Site]
Different reactions to different foreign religions - the cults of Magna Mater, Dionysius, and Christianity.
Expiation of an Umbrian Town: Archaic Roman Sacrifice [At enteract.com]
An Offering for Jupiter before the Sowing Cato, On Agriculture 132, 160 BCE [At enteract.com]
A Roman Harvest Sacrifice, from Cato, On Agriculture 134, 160 BCE [At enteract.com]
The Flamen Dialis and his Wife [At enteract.com]
Devotio: The Sacrificial Death of Decius, Livy, History of Rome VIII, 9, 1-11; 10, 3) [At enteract.com]
The Prayer of Scipio Africanus Livy, History of Rome XXIX, 27, 1-4, 204 BCE [At enteract.com]
Cicero (105-43 BCE): A Roman View of the Afterlife: The Dream of Scipio, On the Republic VI, 14-26) [At enteract.com]
Cicero (105-43 BCE): On the Republic: Scipio's Dream, excerpts from Book VI, [At this Site]
Halicarnassus Inscription (after 2 BCE) Augustus: Father of His Own Fatherland [At enteract.com]
Lucius Apuleius (c.123-c.170 CE): Personal Piety in Rome: Second Century CE Apologia 55-6 [At enteract.com]
Persius Flaccus (34-63 CE): Satire II, c. 60 CE [This Site]
Tacitus (b.56/57-after 117 CE): Rebuilding the Temple of Jupiter, 70 CE [This Site]
Accounts of Personal Religion, c. 430 BCE - 300 CE [At this Site]
Festivals, temples, expectations.
>>
>>14901876
Stop trying to corrupt the anon with your roman nonsense.
>>
>>14901908
What's the alternative? Some illiterate tribal people who lived in huts and were conquered by the superior Romans? Are you mad because there were no Germanic historians before the Romans, so you will never have primary sources for your religion? Enjoy using some bullshit written by Roman Catholic monks as the basis of your religion.
>>
>>14901950
Wait, are we mounting a coup of /pg/? I mean, if it'll get /pol/ out of here, I'm not sure I disagree.
>>
>muh odin
>muh celtic
>>
>>14902932
We need to remove the white nationalist Norse 'neo-pagans', they are not from /pol/, but Stormfront.
>>
>>14897236
I think the fervor and madness of Nazi Germany was fueled more by Odin than Tyr, as Tyr is more honorable and Odin doesn't give a shit as long as there's war and heroics. Carl Jung wrote an interesting essay on it titled "Wotan", you might check it out.

>>14897619
Atheism is a powerful, terrifying god.

>>14900759
>Vikings Tarot deck
absolutelydisgusting.mp3
>>
File: 0002045816_10.jpg (308KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0002045816_10.jpg
308KB, 600x600px
>being celtic or germanic/norse pagan
Can't you see that Tengri is smiling upon you from the eternal blue sky, bretheren?
>>
>>14905008
>Tengri
>not Jupiter
>>
File: 1370813723443.jpg (684KB, 1742x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1370813723443.jpg
684KB, 1742x2000px
>>14890692
>>
>>14905130
Do you still sacrifice horses to your gods? How do you interpret their will.
>>
>>14905151

Read:

>>14892325
>>14893262
>>
>>14905349
So it's like a new religion, not a reconstruction of the old Norse religion.
>>
>>14905385

There are reconstruction elements to it, specifically when it comes to rituals, but the vast majority of it is not being reconstructed, but rather continued. Sadly most of the old lore is lost (not as much as Celtic religion though) which means we're missing out on a lot of old stories, but what we do have is plenty enough to give us a grand guideline on how to approach and continue the traditions of these older ways.
>>
>>14905479
So you do make animal sacrifices? The medieval Norse clearly worshipped their gods and invoked them, such as King Domalde, who was sacrificed for a better harvest, and King Aun, who sacrificed his sons for youth.
>>
>>14905479
Animist/pagan religion have no code of morals, fucking dumbass. Check real ones, like Shinto, nofuckingwhere it will tell you to be good or anything to that Christian sort. It's only in your redneck mind that old European religions have *honor* and idiocy like the shit you're spouting. Besides, you're no scholar and is mentally lazy, so you can't tell what's reconstructed or not.
The organization of work in Capitalism doesn't allow a pagan way of life, fucking retard. There are no clans, tribes or even family for that matter. You cannot have a real and authentic religious pagan practice today. Only in the fantasy of your lazy roleplaying mind.
>>
Anyone else feel like a lot of modern pagans try WAY too hard to be not-Christian? Hence the fear of clergy, infrastructure, or rules of any kind, and the huge mistrust in faith and devotion as pagan virtues. I don't know, as someone who likes all those things and sees evidence for them in the pagan path, the way some pagans (the old guard in particular) react to these ideas strikes me as really immature and backwards.
>>
>>14905518
Rome was capitalist and pagan.
>>
>>14905518
>What are the Delphic Maxims?
>What is the Havamal?
>What is Hinduism?

Are you fucking stupid? And shinto totally has a code of morals. Read a book you idiot.
>>
>>14905524
Northern European neo-pagans tend to make stuff up due to the lack of real evidence of their religion, as they were largely illiterate in their history.
>>
>>14905529
Only for a while
>>
>>14905559
8 centuries or so.
>>
>>14905571
So, you know, the parts that mattered.
>>
>>14905580
Yes, the founding of the republic, the dictatorship and the empire. All the important parts of the western empire.
>>
>>14905556
Not to come off as rude, but I'm wondering what you're saying has to do with what I said. I was referring more to the hippy Wiccan crowd who hate any sort of authority and treat gods like they're sock puppets for their ahistorical God/Goddess duology.
>>
>>14905529
>>14905571
>>14905580
But weren't they much more secular than say, the Greeks?
Especially in terms of their government?
>>
>>14891035
Ya and you realize that's a false image
>>
>>14905587
I was referring to Asatru, mostly.
>>14905590
They still had a state religion and the pontifex maximus was a political position prior to Augustus integrating it into the emperorship.
>>
>>14905590
No... not at all. Tons of political decisions in Rome were made on the basis of auguries, haruspices, and oracles... the will of the gods believed to be made manifest in the physical world. Being a priest of one of the Olympians was a political position. People worshipped the Emperors as gods. There was nothing secular about the Roman republic or Empire.
>>
>>14905608
I got that, but I was wondering what part of Asatru you were specifically referring to? Sorry if I'm being a bit dense.
>>
>>14905524
Most neopagans have left Christianity, but the Christianity hasn't left them. (Hopefully that made sense...)

About a few years back I joined a few online pagan communities trying to find my niche, and they were nice at first, but oh god they were more intolerant than your average bible thumper in some aspects, such as treatment towards spiritual entities (omg the demon/deity/whatever internet defense force!) and "muh UPG is better than yours!" crap. Also, they absolutely HATED lurkers.
>>
>>14905624
That it tries to steer away from some older forms of worship, such as worship it self, for, what I assume to be, a greater sense of not being Christian. The vast majority of written records of the Norse were written by Christians anyway, though.
>>
>>14905506

It depends how you personally define worship. Making a sacrifice doesn't have to imply a direct worship of a deity, but rather a gift-giving to one. In the case of Domalde, for example, the people believed that the reason for their harvest issues (I believe they had three or four bad seasons; can't remember) was because the gods had issues with the king. He was killed for this reason, but keep in mind that nowhere have we found the gods demanding a sacrifice of human life on a regular basis. In reality the only evidence we have of this is the act of throwing a spear over a battlefield as a symbolic offering of blood to Odin. As for King Aun, he's clearly described as a madman. Don't know why you'd even bring him up. Haha.

But yes, many Asatruar do practice blood rituals, but I don't think the majority sacrifice animals anymore; although I'm sure some still do. There are other things that can be sacrificed and like with many religions a lot of the literal slowly becomes symbolic over time. In the case of Norse Mythology however, considering how the myths are epic metaphors of deeper truths, literal or symbolic doesn't make much of a difference which is why there was a diversity of this religion even at its prime. Food is a more common sacrifice found both in the past and in the present. Also the act of pouring water onto stones was a common sacrifice as well. Keep in mind though that the gods were only occasionally looked to and typically the Vaettir would receive most of the attention of common-folk. After all, although there is an element of awe when it comes to the gods one can't help but be a little fearful of them.

>>14905518

It's unwise to make comments about things you clearly have no knowledge of.
>>
>>14905668
I'm certain that many still sacrifice animals before they eat them.
>>
>>14905682

I was going to say that in my post, but I didn't really find it to be necessary. I myself have sacrificed animals (been to a few farms in the countryside) before eating them, but I was thinking more along the lines of the common Joe living in his apartment and how he would approach the religion.
>>
>>14905668
The thing with Aun, though, is that he still saw that the gods may reward him for a sacrifice. This shows that the idea of sacrifice for reward, like the Romans practiced, was not foreign to the Norse people. It's not at all strange that they still sought to appease the gods, they had harvest rituals too, didn't they?
>>
>>14905695

Indeed. A gift for a gift. This is still practiced today, however just because you've given the gods a gift doesn't always mean they'll return it. After all, if you give a gift in a selfish heart (Aun), it's unlikely you'll receive anything in return, even from friends or family. Sadly this is a lesson I had to learn the hard way when I was younger, but I won't go into that. It's funny that you bring up King Aun though and we're having this conversation because that story actually taught me a lot of good lessons when I first started into this form of paganism.

Really in Asatru, even today, you'll find that at bigger Blot rituals (and even small ones) people NEVER ask for anything for themselves, but rather they ask for blessings for those around them. It's considered a selfish thing to do and instead you'll spend time after your 'bragging phase' asking the gods, the Vaettir, and the ancestors to bless people who have helped you, inspired you, or guided you, even if they don't have your views. Asatru is a very community-focused religion and is centered not at all on the self, which I feel a lot of people tend to forget at times. Sure there are personal elements, but the heart of it is in your actions with others rather than the thoughts that go on within your own head.

And yes, they did do Harvest festivals. :)
>>
>>14905668
How the fuck do you know my degree of knowledge of your bullshit religion? Are you a psychic redneck? You scumbags know shit about History or Anthropology, barely finished elementary school and find a new ignorant way of being racist and cretin. You're trash, and inventing a nordic religion won't make you any less trash.
>>
>>14905694

i don't think that the sacrifice happens at the point of taking the animal's life, but at the point that the meat is put out of the use of the human world.
>>
File: 1403905975070.gif (2MB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
1403905975070.gif
2MB, 245x280px
>>14905782

Since we're in a pagan thread I'll quote a Hávamál verse:

An unwise man, when he comes into a crowd,
does best, if he keeps quiet;
no one will know that he isn't smart
unless he's talked too much;
but the man who knows nothing doesn't know
just when he's talking too much.

It's time to stop posting, sweet heart.
>>
>>14905813
No, the animal is usually slaughtered publicly.
>>
>>14905836

it's like you didn't even read my post
>>
>>14905836

It doesn't always have to be.
>>
>>14905836
And then they cook the meat (sacrificing specific bits to the gods and burning them) and serve it to the people in attendance. Animal sacrifice was the pagan equivalent of a church cookout.
>>
>>14905976
Yes, surely everyone knows that.
>>
>>14905782
Thread posts: 253
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.